What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fiayfb1rrs0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

member' what happened last week?

season 10 onward was pretty shit but they still had their moments up until the human centipad episode
they never recovered
last season when they first introduced the overlapping stories for the entire season it was refreshing, but it still wasn't good.

They got old
They are no longer 2 stoners making retarded cartoons.

no

They stopped changing the tgeme tune on a shit version

DUDE LET'S MAKE ONE EPISODE WORTH OF JOKES BUT INSTEAD OF ONE EPISODE IT'S AN ENTIRE SEASON LMAO

It was never good

for a tv show that has been on the air for TWENTY YEARS i say they hold up pretty good

maybe you're just becoming old and naggy?

It became boring

Absolutely nothing.

Not watched it in years but am currently going through the latest episodes about trolling andthe election and they are ON POINT.

They picked the wrong side of history in this election

Season long story arcs and too much emphasis on current events

>cartman being a sjw crybaby instead of a shitposting trump supporter

yeah totally on point

>too much emphasis on current events
This, everything feeld like it has to be a reference to something now, they can't just have a joke for the sake of being funny anymore.
Overall they're just taking themselves too seriously this season. It feels more like a drama than a comedy show at times.

These days they are always trying to prove a point, instead of the earlier seasons where it was much more.. random.

Back then : hey chef, cartman got alien probed.

These days : oh man that facebook and sjws and feminism and trump.

In a couple years South park will be more dated than a 70s cartoon about the Harlem Globetrotters investigating the watergate scandal with help of mohammed ali and the scooby gang.

>cartman isn't a trump suporter
unless he's manipulating people this is wrong

there are more jokes on the game's trailer than this whole season

Indeed -- Cartman is exactly the same sort of malignant narcissist that Trump is. I don't know why they didn't engage with the political reality more directly and straightforwardly this election season. Instead they apparently decided to switch it up and go in an 'unexpected direction'. The result has been muddled and incoherent.

this, but we are also getting older

Got too political. The show used to be about the kids going on adventures or fighting each other. About curing aids, calling jews kikes, getting probed by aliens, having illness and disease - it has none of that now.

look at this faggot

they made fun of trump

Don't care what anyone says Vindaloop was top 10.

>not seeing the bigger picture

:)

that episode stood out for me too great epiosode

No creativity anymore. It's just
>take very topical subject
>adapt it into le funny south park characters with a wild plot involving international conspiracies and randy doing something very stupid because that's so randy

Contiuation

Yep. Randy is Homer Simpson.

Next they will have voice actor guests who play themselves.

There is plenty of creativity.

I guess it's just over your head.

I will admit that it has aged quite well and it isn't completely terrible compared Simpsons and Family Guy. But, man can you tell their writing and jokes have gotten much worst.

"Strategery"

they changed the scene transition music like 12 years ago and it's been shit ever since

there is no bigger picture. cartman has been castrated since last season when pc principal beat him up

No.

this tbqh. stick of truth was the best south park season in years and it's precisely because the humor came from the town and characters instead of headlines

that IS on point. Makes totally sense for that narcistic entitled little ass

ellaborate or confirmed bait

>YOU JUST DON'T GET IT
There's nothing to get, retard. South Park used to be a TV show that dealt with some socially-relevant themes while being its own thing and pretty funny with entertaining characters, creative plot-lines, and good performances.

NOW, South Park is SOLELY topical shit (go watch the Kickstarter episode and tell me you're not cringing to death), with all characters behaving in either predictable ways or wildly out of character ways (randy being that shitty singer for example), and vocal performances being the laziest they have EVER been. The animation also took a nosedive, the higher detail and drawn heads meant to look as close to the real persons as possible are a let-down from Saddam and Gibson's real heads or the vaguely similar heads of other celebs. They also started doing serious gross-out humour (which is part of the graphical upgrade they did), which is a telltale sign that creativity is all gone.

Lack of jokes basically. If you watch anything near season 4-8, it's basically just jokes after jokes. It's a comedy show with a completely ridiculous premise. I don't care about any "serious" story arcs or about hamfisted social commentary.

>south park makes fun of trolling
>clowns on Sup Forums get upset

South park is probably still pretty funny when you're 17.

100% accurate

they got exposed hard this season
>yfw they talked shit about Sean Penn while agreeing with Penn Jillette on everything

I member'!

this

>wah wah waah, characters are predictable
>wah wah waah, characters are unpredictable

Pretty much.

>south park laughs at people who point out that it's shit
>that means it's not shit
There is a big field between "predictable and boring" and "completely random, the product of a middle-aged man who just wants his paycheck and knows what his shitty fanbase falls for"

How many jokes did the trolls get? I count 4.

>tfw there are now people on Sup Forums too young to remember for how long has Sup Forums complained about south park

Most of them were probably over their heads tbf.

youtube.com/watch?v=fiayfb1rrs0

>they haven't made a single episode about capeshit

>biggest clown elected president
>literally hundreds of jokes laying around
>post election episode is shit

Yeah, SP has become shit.

Comedy Central/Viacom started pressing their views and interests on the show.