Childhood is idolizing Plinkett. Adulthood is realizing Lucas makes more sense

Childhood is idolizing Plinkett. Adulthood is realizing Lucas makes more sense.

unironically true

Plinkett brings up some key screenwriting and character dev shortfalls but fails to recognize inventive concept designs and in depth world building

>but fails to recognize inventive concept designs and in depth world building
And when faced with that fact he tries to minimize he fuck out of those qualities.

>Plinkett brings up some key screenwriting and character dev shortfalls
'no'

Childhood is idolizing Star Wars. Adulthood is realizing Star Trek makes more sense.

>talentless faggots who shit on other people's creations for a living
>Guy who made good movies, then made more that weren't as good

Plinkett's main criticism, like all the other nostalgic 40-somethings is basically

>wahh they're different from the originals

That's at the heart of it

You can bring up as much about the story, writing, characters etc as you want (a lot of it valid), but the reality is that the prequel films would be loved as innovative and memorable action films if it weren't for the Star Wars label

Your autocorrect changed "autism" to "Adulthood".

Yours printed "loved as innovative and memorable action" were you meant to type "laughed at and then forgotten".

For once OP is right.

Only thing George got righrlt was saying no more starwars then the retard sold it

Adulthood is when you stop watching children's movies in general.

Are retards like you serious? The prequels, even stand-alone, would still have boring characters, bad writing, bad directing, bad cgi, bad action. There is nothing- NOTHING good about the prequels.
You dumb kids who defend them and think it's somehow cool these days to hate on the Plinklett reviews are the worst I've ever seen on Sup Forums.

Fuck Plinkett. They nitpick every fucking line in the prequels but the Disney ones get a pass because muh soft reboot. Fuck these Disney sellouts.

The prequels were pretty bad, but he gets a lifetime pass based on the original trilogy and Indiana Jones. The only time RLM made their own movie, they didn't even have the balls to TRY to make something good, they just hid behind the excuse "it's campy and bad on purpose, that's the joke!!" Their whole career is based on snark and cynicism, their best achievements are laughing at other people's work.

I can't respect people like that. They're cancer. They're not even good critics (but I know, "We weren't trying to be good at that either, it's just humor/entertainment!!") Lucas really puts himself out there, he TRIES, even though he's been failing a lot as he got older

RLM represents the worst in the modern generation. They think they know it all. And them thinking they know it all has made them cynical. But in truth, their abilities are below average. And every time they attempt something of their own, they fail. And then they go back to shitting on the works of greater men.

> it's just humor/entertainment

It is just humor and entertainment. You sound like a little butthurt moron who fits in with those idiot children on youtube who bark at people to "make one yourself" whenever someone criticizes their favorite youtuber.

I'd have no issues with them shitting on the prequels if they also shat on the farce awakens, which was just as bad
they lost the little credibility they had with that review

> and in depth world building

I'm watching a movie, not reading a D&D source book. World building is irrelevant in the face of dull narrative and non-functioning characters.

The only people who claim world-building can save a movie are fan-fiction writers who want to self-insert themselves into these stories. They may as well just buy the artbook and read that instead.

> Lucas really puts himself out there, he TRIES

Yeah I forgot judging art was like kindergarten finger-painting, you get an award for participation regardless of execution.

The prequels were bad enough that if Lucas' name wasn't on them I'd think they were written by someone who never saw the OT.

>I can't respect people like that. They're cancer.

Then you must love Sup Forums.

>World building is irrelevant in the face of dull narrative and non-functioning characters.
>The only people who claim world-building can save a movie are fan-fiction writers who want to self-insert themselves into these stories.
>They may as well just buy the artbook and read that instead.
No?

that doesn't change the fact that the movies are BOOOORING

Revenge of the Sith is unironically the best Star Wars film, and it's not even close. 3 out of the 5 best scenes in the entire series are in that film. Sheev Palpatine is such a powerful force onscreen that it makes the actors in the original trilogy look like prancing faggots. The only performance that comes anywhere close is James Earl Jones' voice acting for Vader.

Anakin is a bright-eyed, dumb, predictable protagonist just like all the protagonists in the OT. Vader fails to seduce Luke, but Palpatine succeeds spectacularly with Anakin. It's these very relationships that are at the core of the entire series.

The OT is Marvel. Lots of action and quips. Vader's relationship with Luke is the only thing that can temporarily raise it up. But RotS is Shakespeare. Palpatine is a villain straight from Shakespeare who truly, psychologically turns Anakin, in a way that's so convincing that the viewer considers whether Anakin is actually making the right decision.

Lucas succeeded with the Original Trilogy in selling toys and filling his pockets. But the prequels, culminating in the masterpiece of RotS, is his magnum opus. It is a true masterwork of emotion, and objectively one of the greatest films ever made.

The prequels and TFA suck in different ways. The prequels did everything wrong, yet the imperfect result carries the mark of the artist. TFA did everything technically 'right' but still sucks because it has no soul. TFA is the Hillary Clinton of movies.

Sounds like an oration straight out of "American Psycho".

>Yeah I forgot judging art was like kindergarten finger-painting, you get an award for participation regardless of execution.

I didn't say that. I said the prequels were bad films. I didn't like them either. But I can judge CRITICS based on the quality of their work in just the same way. RLM are lousy critics. And when they go beyond bashing the film to personally attack the guy who made the films, I think they deserve the same kind of scrutiny.

Dark + Death = Darth

Bros, I think we're only just beginning to unravel the depths that is Lucas' mind...

>Yeah I forgot judging art was like kindergarten finger-painting, you get an award for participation regardless of execution.
>The prequels were bad enough that if Lucas' name wasn't on them I'd think they were written by someone who never saw the OT.
It's his vision you stupid fucks, The concept artist don't tell CO what to do.

(you)

>Used to hate the prequels
>Modern disney brings out a race baiting rehash of A New Hope with no cinematic style and it looks like every other shitty blockbuster
>mfw the prequels have a unique tone and atmosphere, even if they can be kind of stupid

"wtf i love the prequels now"

>tfw we have 5 more years of soulless disney manufactured star wars

>only 5

Kinohood is realizing that no one gives a fuck and they're boring movies where you don't care about any of the characters

>Anakin is racist

I don't think you watched the reviews. Plinkett had many "main" criticisms, including spoken exposition on a couch, no reason to care about anyone in the movies, and movies that looks so fake and greenscreened they don't connect with anyone

Sup Forums is so contrarian it hurts.
The prequels are SHIT, everyone knows this. Only Sup Forums would pretend they're good movies just so they can seem "patrician"

Lucas is a hack though. Why do you autists unironically forgive his later works?

who the fuck is plinkett

Your mom's new boyfriend.

Adulthood is realising Star Wars is for children

After seeing the libtards using Star Wars as a political device I can with an honest heart say I'd take Lucas back any time now.
Please save Star Wars, George.

Would you say that the prequels are kino?

saved

RotS is the kino of kino. I won't classify the other two prequels

adulthood is admiring the crew for all the shit they went through and then wanting to be in the industry too.

he just wanted to have fun, but you mocked him into forced retirement.

Are you happy Sup Forums?

Yeah poor guy. Retirement must be really tough

>in depth world building
Oh please, the prequels have even more "just make shit up as you go along" nonsense than the originals.

Maturity is realizing that Star Wars has always been vapid trash that destroyed film's potential as an artform.

>Dark Death Invader
Woah...

why is shakespeare considered high culture? his plays were basically adam sandler movies of the time: frivolous and meaningless, deprived of any real depth or meaning, created simply to entertain mainstream audiences

>5 more years
Even IF it was only 5 years, that would mean at least 8 Star Wars movies when Disney finally gets the ball rolling like they did with Marvel

>The prequels had better story (muh referances to Rome and Shakespeare, the Jedi and the republic are just as corrupt as the Sith and the empire) but shit direction (Yoda lightsaber, muh sand, ps2 cgi)
>The the OT had a bland story (muh hero's journey, le monsters are actually friendly, muh evil empire) but a good direction (Vader's redemption arc, Luke's "what die do I choose" arc)
>sequel trilogy is everything that OT was minus the originality and the charisma

It's so dense...

It's like poetry...

woah.....