Gun Control: A card gets to good in Mtg so Wizard of the Coast bans it...

Gun Control: A card gets to good in Mtg so Wizard of the Coast bans it. they are not taking away your right to play magic the gathering or use other cards, just restricting cards that are too powerful. You are also still able to use the cards casually.

Likewise a banning of AR-15's and other high powered assault rifles would not be taking away your rights to have guns, just restricting certain guns that are too powerful. You could still go to a shooting range and use them casually, you just couldn't own them personally.

Does that not make sense?

But what if I want to own the card to complete my collection.

your collection would just be considered complete without it

That is a horrible comparison

I prefer the old MTG

Fuck off op

But I really like guns.

No way I have time to read through all of this, but from just skimming through I can tell there are a lot of fear mongering and common misconceptions of what will happen if they took your AR-15 away

Then you don’t genuinely care about the problem or have a reading comprehension level about 8th grade & have never read a history book

Legacy?

this is a really rational way of thinking and I agree.
I can't fathom why the fuck dudes want to own a collection of fucking assault rifles and say that "it is for protection"
It's a fucking assault rifle you imbecile, it is designed for heavy assault. Life is not a game that you need big guns to causa damage. One fucking bullet of a 9mm already put anyone down. Unless of course, you can't shoot for shit

>One fucking bullet of a 9mm already put anyone down. Unless of course, you can't shoot for shit
Wanna know how I can tell you've never shot a gun in your life?

Fine I'll just go through some points on the first pic

>the government might take over/we might have to fight China/Russia
First of all the government already controls every aspect of your life and virtually sucks you dry of every resource you have. they do not gain anything from trying to become a tyrannous government. They want you to work your life away and pay taxes. Secondly, just because you own an assault rifle does not make you military trained to fight foreign solders/terrorists.
>arming teachers will help stop a threat once it has opened fire while waiting for police
Teachers are not going to want to fight in a shootout to try and stop a shooter. Look no further than the fucking armed guard in Florida who's job it was to protect the school. He did absolutely nothing and refused to go in the building and confront the shooter. Putting guns anywhere near schools is a stupid idea, furthermore this has nothing to do with banning AR-15's or other high powered assault rifles.

that's a really bad analogy.

it's alright if yo don't understand why some one would collect firearms, dont buy any.

>that's a really bad analogy
explain

if wizards ban a card, i can still buy it, own it, trade it, and sell it. I can even use it to play casually with friends. you ban AR-15s and I no longer have the right to purchase and use it.

Your points are

“They’re already tyrannous (true) so why bother, it’s not like it will or should ever change. Your point about about both sides being compromised is of military, police, civilians & trained militia is false because I said so. Nobody who owns a gun is a proficient shot.”

& “let them remain sitting ducks”

As many of you idiots as there are, bans will never ever happen & if confiscation is even attempted you will see backlash like never before

Conceal carry in schools is already legal in THIRTY states. Schools are a popular venue for mass shootings because they are gun free zones, you dense fucking cunt. That officer not acting is just further proof that police are not the only ones who should have guns & we cannot rely on them.

I actually favor some gun control measures, but I'm sitting here like "WTF, LOL" if you think an AR-15 is powerful.

Compare some random AR to anything decent chambered at .308 or higher. Guess what's causing more sheer organic damage? Not the fucking AR.

ARs are common, but they are not the most dangerous weapons.

hey're the cheapest and most easily obtainable semi-automatic rifle or most people. If all you do is ban ARs, then the shooters will just move to the next closest thing.

You are grotesquely ignorant of firearms. Your comment is as bad as listening to my grandma talk about PC security. Worse, actually, since you're trying to persuade other people.

>banning all semi-autos would be unconstitutional
How so, no one is saying you can't own guns. Just not powerful fully automatic weapons that can mow down whole crowds in a minute.
>Bad people exist and will continue to exist
All weapons kill, all guns can kill, bad people will always be out there looking to kill, yes. But why make it so easy for them. Why allow them to buy heavy assault rifles off the street with no background checks in a matter of minutes. Force them to go way out of there way to commit such huge crimes. If they need to resort to other means of mass murder (bombs) then they will have to plan for much longer and spend more time preparing the attack, allowing for more chances of police or agencies to catch on to them and prevent the attack. Why allow it to be so easy??

and is that helping at all?

obviously not the most powerful weapon but it is pretty damn effective at injuring a lot of people in a short amount of time. And yes, killers will just move on to the next weapon, but why make it so easy for them. Shouldn't we address the fact that they can easily buy one on the street for cheap? Shouldn't they have to work hard to obtain that gun, allowing for more chances that they get caught before shooting up a school?

Clearly it's it not a perfect 1-1, but the main point is that banning a certain gun does not mean you can no longer use guns. Just like banning a powerful card does not stop you from playing magic

this thread is pure weaponized autism
>in a good way

“How?” Bro get the fuck out you are just spouting bullshit & I’m considering it bait at this point

Once you open the door for one type to be banned, you are still not acknowledging that this would be impossible to enforce (you’ve also conveniently not recognized the point of any shooter being able to print these exact same guns), what guns will be next? There are thousands of semi autos. Nobody is saying they should be extremely easy contain, if you read what I initially posted you would see that sensible preventative legislation is in order, but until dumb motherfuckers like you don’t stop screaming ban you are making it increasingly less likely that the right thing will happen or be passed.

Your understanding of guns & how they vary is extremely flawed & your lack of knowledge shows. I don’t even own a gun yet but my minimal range experience is enough that I realize they are not scary things that randomly kill people, you seem like someone who could not trust themselves around a weapon & would get jumpy at just the sight.

Not any of those Anons, just been lurkin, but your responses make me think you either know very little about firearms and thier relationship to citizens in US or you're being willfully ignorant in an attempt to b8.

>print these exact same guns
yea because that's so fucking easy

Every shooter has access to a 3D printer
That all know how to use 3D software to design a working AR
They can just find the schematics easily on the web without that shit being traced.
How would they 3D print bullets? a simple proof of legally owned firearms at time of purchase for bullets would put a stop to that

>a simple proof of legally owned firearms at time of purchase for bullets would put a stop to that

Ok I'm calling it. This is not a discussion thread. This is officially a b8 thread.

1) I do not think guns are some scary thing that just randomly kill people
2) I've fired guns multiple times at gun ranges
3) my point is that guns that enable a shooter to kill/injure large groups of people quickly should not be so readily available to the public. Make it harder for them to get their hands on these weapons

Highly motivated revenge driven people who are not technically stupid will go to any length. 3D printers are cheap, not difficult to operate like you’re trying to make it seem & your bullet point goes out the window because a great deal of ammo is purchased online, black markets & the dark web exist & are more accessible than ever.

You’re cherry picking the things you think you can poke holes in but still can’t grasp the whole picture & all the variables of reality. I’m done talking to you, have a shitty day.

So in this analogy, Permeating Mass = weaponised AIDS, yes?

You literally initially said bans & now you’re trying to say you want sensible legislation instead, fucking christ

sauce on pic related? anyone got a link?

I'd much rather limit these types of guns to those who are highly motivated, know how to use technology, and need to buy ammo over the internet, than any fucking Joe Schmo on the street with 700 bucks and a vendetta

yeah, but they're making it yugioh. Everything can be considered OP.

Bans =/= them never getting one, I understand that, therefore Bans make it harder for them to get the weapon.
where did I waver?

Dude I live in California. A state with some of the strictest gun control laws in the US. Where these shooting have been happening year after year. Making shit harder to get doesn't work and is not the solution.

Yes

>I agree
>Life is not a game
this is all game logic

And Supreme Verdict is a literal nuke

you should read the rest of it before dismissing it you turbonigger

No way those abilities would be a 3-cost non-legendary.

Also an AR-15 is not even a high powered rifle, it uses a comparatively weak cartridge