ITT

Criminally underrated albums within a god-tier catalogue.

I'll start pic related. The instrumental break on Yours Is No Disgrace alone is as good as anything on their later, more hyped albums.

God-tier is a stretch, but this is WAY better than their dogshit early releases.

Here's another. Objectively better than 808's, Yeezus, and TLOP and on par Late Registration.

Starship Trooper is my favorite Yes song

You haven't heard Yours Is No Disgrace until you listen to the vinyl on a makes-the-whole-room-shake powerful hi-fi. It mops the fucking floor with Roundabout or Siberian Katra.

This is honestly tied for my favorite by them with Close to the Edge. The whole first side is absolutely perfect

Killing Joke - Democracy

Really underrated even among KJ fans. Nestled in between Pandemonium and the 2003 s/t.

Yeah this is p good definitely rocks harder than the anything besides their first album. Not quite as on-the-note perfect as CTTE or their other more recognized albums but I like that personally.

No way is is this underrated it's like the only album people know besides Tri Repetae

Here's my pick, but really all his pre-80's stuff is underrated

It's underrated by most hardcore Ae fans and Sean and Rob said it was cheesy

My favorite Swans album

>not underrated
kanye made fatty stacks off this album

the Chameleons deserve to be as famous as the Clash

Perpetual Change anyone?

I don't know when Yes became Sup Forums's favorite band but I fucking love it. They were so FUCKING GOOD. The level of musicianship is insane and their compositions are clean as fuck.

bumpa bumpa

Wurm is such a fucking awesome track.
Also a good one.

I swear its the best one pre leaves

best version of still ill

From The Yes Album to Going for the One, Yes was fucking on fire.

Starship Trooper is my favourite Yes song, I remember it coming on randomly in an Amsterdam coffee shop years ago and I totally ascended to the outro.

Agree. Of all of those, Tales is the most criminally underrated. It's easily their second best album.

See, I see tales and relayer talked about here nearly as much as CTTE. The Yes Album, Fragile, and Going For The One are all relatively underrated by comparison.

I got into Yes over 15 years ago when my boomer dad bought me Classic Yes. I was into Pink Floyd and tool at the time, and Heart of The Sunrise, Yours Is No Disgrace, Starship Trooper, and And You And I all blew my fucking mind.

I've been hooked on classic prog ever since, and while I now hold late Gabriel-era Genesis at the top of the prog heap (side 2 of Selling England By The Pound was as much of a revelation to my prog fan mind as CTTE was to my prog virgin ears), Yes is still a close #2 and will always hold a special place in my heart.

is this a joke it's commonly regarded as their best

Nice trips for my favorite Skinny Puppy album.

My 2nd favorite classic era FL album

i tend to disagree a lot with the critics and fan responses to many killing joke albums, i can´t help loving most of their pre 2003 production, even when it was poorly recieved at release, it´s just the true killing joke to me, even at their low points, not saying i don´t like their posterior work, i love pylon

my nigga

perfect album, i´m so glad i listened to their discography in release order, their first 3 albums are a perfect tetralogy, and remission is it´s own beast, one of my fav bands ever , also i can´t help to dance and sing at the top of my lungs whenever i hear assimilate

>Underrated
>The album sold 1,000,000 copies first week
>All of the singles are still radio hits today (stronger, good life, flashing lights, can't tell me nothing)
This album made him stupid rich and elevated him from a rapper to an actual pop star

Totally agree. That clanky solo is one of my favourite things in the world

accidents on purpose is what got me into them, so I agree with you

Sure,but in the context of more serious music fans, it is not talked about in the same vein as an MBDTF or even a Yeezus sometimes

And it's almost never talked about here despite the fact that only The College Dropout and MBDTF have a solid claim to being objectively better than it.