Tl;dr: an old classmate of mine committed suicide because I said he touched my breast

>tl;dr: an old classmate of mine committed suicide because I said he touched my breast.

It was a college dance class. We had to have partners for the remainder of term, and practice our final dance for grade. The partner I had was very quiet, and soft spoken. He was really nice. Enough that although most people never really had much conversation with him, they'd still walk away thinking he was the nicest person ever.

But communication between us was rocky. We almost never got to practice our dance, because he would never text me a time and place. It's like he pushed the burden of communication onto me. It was just so unnerving that he'd never bother getting in touch first. It was really important for me to get an A. And I had no idea how to get that through.

One night, when we finally did get a chance to practice, during one of turns, he accidentally touched my breast. He apologized, and I knew it wasn't intentional. But this was just after the college instituted new sexual misconduct policies to make it easier to report. So I took this opportunity and told our instructor. I tried everything make it clear that it wasn't intentional, but I still wasn't comfortable with him as my partner. The instructor said he would talk to him, and I got a new partner shortly after.

Suddenly, he never showed up for class again. Almost everybody wondered what happened; he never told anyone. Overtime, I heard that he dropped out, became more reclusive, stopped talking to his friends, and started drinking more at his job. Eventually I heard of his suicide, and I didn't know what to make of it. Just felt a surge of anxiety; not sure why at the time. I tried to convince myself I had nothing to do with it.

>Part 2, since I ran out of room:
In the time since, I got back in touch with our former classmates, and went dancing. Only a few heard of his death. I started talking to a girl who apparently saw him just before he died. According to her, he looked like he was getting worse. He mentioned about what happened between me and him, and she asked if I was the same [name] he used. I froze for a bit, sweating, but said yes. Apparently, even after all this time, this was one of things he was down about. Visibly depressed, as she told me. But she didn't think it would go this far.

Another classmate, whom he apparently talked to after he left, knew the inner details of what happened. He was originally hesitant to tell me, but showed me the last text messages he had with the deceased. I don't know how to describe it, but let's say I didn't think you could portray a panic attack so well through text message. And pretty much the bulk of the messages was dwelling over what happened between us. As in, I don't understand how somebody could dwell this much over it.

The deceased started to distance himself from everbody after that meltdown. Just completely shut himself off. I've learned since then that there were other things going in his life at the time. His dad's cancer, his mom cutting him off to spite his dad, he was facing homelessness, his sister killed in a domestic, alcoholism. But, for whatever reason, what happened between us was one of the things he dwelled on so much. Something that didn't really matter, and had no effect on either of us.

I don't know, I just feel numb. Not sad, not anger, not really any emotion to speak of. Just numbness, and this constant, echoey hum in my ears. Well, maybe there's one emotion: confusing. Simple, simple confusion ._.

nice troll charles dickens low effort is more fun

seems like this dude's life was falling apart and he might have just hit the eject button

fuck off

Lesson one in dance class is usually the instructor telling you if you aren't comfortable being physically close to a relative stranger then dance isn't for you. This post is both fake and gay.

>Something that didn't really matter, and had no effect on either of us.
If it didnt matter, why the fuck report it to begin with? Bitches like you ruin so many lives, innocent shit happens and you, knowing full well today's political climate with that sort of thing, report the poor guy for no reason other than 'the college made it easy too'

Yea he had other shit going on, but instead of helping, you were the straw that broke the camel's back

>apoLOGized

If he touched you by mistake I don't understand why you told your instructor. Then you mention your schools sexual misconduct policy as if you were trying to get him in trouble over the situation or use as an excuse to get a new partner

This is exactly why "me too" bullshit is blowing up. Women crying out and ruining men's lives for doing stuff that isn't even bad. Men will keep having hormones for until the end of humanity and this wasn't even intentional. If it didn't affect you at all why report it?

OP you're a piece of shit fuckin bitch! Nobody cares about your worthless tits you retarded faggot fuck.

Why did you report him if you knew it was an accidental? It sounds like you insinuated vague sexual harassment in order to get rid of your partner instead of being straight-forward.

My guess is your anxiety and confusion stem from the fact that your actions had a hand in pushing this kid to the edge. Else, you wouldn't be so hung up on what you did, instead of seeing that he was probably headed down that path anyway. The guy definitely made his own decision, but you gotta live with the fact that you had a hand in putting him in the grave, and for a petty reason no less.

You are a stupid cunt who desveres to be raped then knocked unconscious to be taken away to someones basement for more rape. You have no right to live. Utter fuckibg trash.

Fucking die cunt

You bitch, seriously you are the reason the world is fucked and why so many people hate women. You should totally just kys slut.

Low hanging fruit is lowwwww. You took the time to write out a very unconvincing story. Good job.

this

Leave this place you cunt.

look at all these baitlets

You are so fucking stupid that besides wjat you did to this guy, you go to a forum full of people just like him.

We hate you cunt leave. You are exactly why some guys are starting to favor dick.

We all make mistakes. As much as I wanna bash you for what you did just like the rest of the people here, I'm not going to be the reason you might commit suicide.

But hopefully this is fake. And if it's not, I feel sorry for you. I'm not gonna lie, you'll probably carry this guilt for the rest of your life. You just need to learn how to forgive yourself. And ask forgiveness from God.

Pray. Pray hard and ask for forgiveness. And please don't listen to these people. Everyone forgets that just because you might've been the trigger to someones suicide, they just as well could be the trigger for your suicide.

I Pray you find your peace.

B8

You never know man. You never know

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>Pray. Pray hard and ask for forgiveness.
>I Pray you find your peace.

>OP takes easy excuse to save grade

I dunno seems legit.

Hi, It's an unfortunate set of circumstances which apparently caused this outcome...?

However, we ALL have to learn from our experiences, and then move forward. Your dance partner found it difficult to assess a multitude of loses, and thus ended his life - HIS decision...

You are still experiencing/learning - maybe you will now be able to help someone who is depressed because of your life experiences... :))

You present as a sensitive cognitive individual, and one who may assist others through difficult situations....

Hang in there - you have knowledge most adults do not possess.

I am nothing like the guy you killed (yes you murdered him) but I hate people like you. You fucked up your class and wanted to pass so you pulled this on him. You are going to hell and you will be judged for this now leave we don't care for you or your feelings and I am sure all of us want you dead.

he has a severe anxiety disorder and gave you several warning signs about it. you decided to use a sexual assault accusation as a way to get a new dance partner because you are that selfish and petty.

your professor is required to take that accusation seriously, even if nothing bad actually happened, because that act is so highly stigmatized that a mistake in judgement could blow up and destroy his career. you took advantage of something incredibly serious just because you didn't click right away with a classmate

anxiety is a mood disorder that forces you to feel a certain way and in a certain pattern. he wasn't dwelling on you, he was just in a state of high anxiety and dwelling on whatever topic happens to have recently caused him discomfort, which is you. anxiety will also prevent him from communicating properly and openly with anyone until he is fully comfortable with them.

i can tell by your phrasing that you are trying your best to exonerate yourself of guilt but you did a really shitty thing and should feel guilty for it. the best way to get over it is to learn about this disorder that many people around you are living with so that you can do your best to make sure you are not incidentally making these people miserable.

furthermore, fuck you

If the communication was bad why not sit down with him and the instructor to organize the best schedule for you two? You running to the instructor saying he touched you and you uncomfortable as if he molested you doesn't improve the situation