Why US really loss the vietnam?

why US really loss the vietnam?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Hn9xAaKUbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because pussy johnson wouldn't let us bomb china.

television and hippies

Because the little Vietnamese people were literally living like rats. They just wanted the W more than the Americans did

On one side you have a bunch of 19-20 year olds who don’t even wanna be there. On the other side you have an enthusiastically doped up army of people literally living in a tunnel system right under your feet. They knew the land way better and actually wanted to fight for their country

US lost almost every war after 1945 because bad training and everytime again surprised that soldiers die in a war.

Military won, the government lost.

1000000+ to 58000.

Those numbers give a good idea of what it was like. NVA was more willing to meat grind their people.

>why US really loss the vietnam?
Because we quit.

>Americans keep telling themselves this

Arrogance pure and simple.

>what is "pyrrhic victory"

Because friendly fire opium and whores

They were fighting an enemy that fought for patriotic and idealistic reasons. US military doctrine was not well equipped to deal with the type of warfare that occurred in Vietnam. Public opinion in the US was next to null. A couple reasons I could think of

19nnnnnnnn19

something the biggest loser made up

They left befor they could finish, and mostly cause china interfered just like the korean war all over again, the us won every major battle and decimated the nva nd vc

Simple. We would not invade North Vietnam and take it out of the game. It's the equivalent of stepping on fire ants, but leaving the actual damn nest standing.

Because we follow the Geneva Convention rules like a bunch of cucks. It's time for war to get back to being effective. We should have turned that shithole into a glass parking lot

This

no one wins in modern wars just everyone dies

It was never intended to be a win, so it was never truly fought with victory as an objective.
It was intended to prop up the military industrial complex with funding for as long as was possible, and it did. Just like Korea before it.
It went too far though & drew the public's ire to the point where it wasn't possible to do again at any significant scale until Afghanistan & Iraq.

they just came out of the trees man. i told johnny not to run that way but he ran and fell straight into a spike pit. JOHNNY WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE IT JOHNNY WAS TOO YOUNG TO DIE LIKE THAT. then those fucken gooks behind every shade of grass chased us into a minefield. i lost my legs and would have been a gonner for sure if they haden't napalmed that whole village. As i saw little baby veit cong run on fire i was hoisted by a heuy and taken back for medical treatment. but then my heli got shot down over the jungle. so we needed more heys and more napalm. in the end we just didn't have enough hueys and napalm.. and thats why we lost. Also because of pussy liberals.

Since its existence, US statistically waged a new war every two fucking years, because the military industrial complex - mostly Jewish - demands useless wars, very useless wars, more extremely useless wars.

An Italian proverb says "Ameriturds wage wars because Hollywood needs actual shit to make fictional movies"

It was fought because the USA were terrified of a domino effect of Asian countries turning Communist. Their sole objective was to stop Vietnam going Communist.

You get the idea. It was young people ffs

>implying America is the only country to ever start one little war

>NVA was more willing to meat grind their people.

you can't really say that... they had no option anyway. their real goal was to wound but not kill as many americans as possible to make it a logistical nightmare for them im pretty sure. and it was. they were good at that.

That was the excuse used; yeah. Communism is a pretty handy enemy label that doesn't require any actual aggression against Murica on any foreign nation's part in order to go to war.

SAY IT!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=9Hn9xAaKUbw

I get why. We were worried about a repeat of Korea, where we almost defeated North Korea and then got swarmed by the Chinese.

But truthfully, all we had to do was leave a little rump-nothing state behind acting as a buffer. Then China would have been satisfied, having a client state.

Near the end of the war the VC’s were leaving the Americans crates of heroin/opium because they knew they would Use it even if the devil himself gave it to them. Drug abuse became a big problem with the Americans and the VC’s took full advantage

This, plus explicit requests from France to support their interest in the South after WWII. This, of course, is the part that everyone overlooks.

i'll seriously suck ya dick if u can help me find this video

Lol they wonder why they hated them so much. Idk maybe because you guys are burning down my entire country. Go look at pics of the forests before and after napalm

Do you really not understand that the entire red menace excuse was pure propaganda used to justify the modern day equivalent of colonialism?

Dad (who was drafted two purple hearts) said that any time there was a fight we kicked their asses. He said we didn't lose any battle he was in, the war just lost support. He did his job and killed for a bs war for nothing.

Vietnam makes me lol.

Its history repeating itself... a bunch of farmers that know the land, hiding amongst trees and overgrowth to slowly pick off the most advanced warmachine the world has seen.
They proceed to retreat - "whatever, fucking keep it...we didnt lost tho!".jpg

Sound like the American war of independence?

the US won
a ton of money was made for the defense industry, another country became part of the western credit system of debt and now there's little kids there making your shoes 12 hours a day for 3 meals, the intention all along

globalization with the US as the sword for it has been the intention for the last 100 years

It wasn't for nothing. He fought to enrich TPTB.

True

More like
> wtf are we fighting this anyways ? Let's not do that it's useless

Looser

Learn to spell fucktard

and communism took over the whole country
ie the Vietcong won.

The US has never won a war.

You sound like a commie traitor.

THE POLITICIANS ONLY SIGN THE PAPERS MAN WE WERE FUCKING KIDS

learn what decimated means

You sound salty

How does that bait taste?

no u

Salty

You sound like a dumbass who slurps up patriotic propaganda unquestioningly and asks for more.

>Sound like the American war of independence?

Yes but not for the reasons you listed. US war of independence was essentially a proxy war of Britain vs France, like how Vietnam was a proxy war between USA and USSR.

France flooded the colonies with money, equipment and training (and sometimes directly fought) to help beat the UK, only difference is they were also directly fighting the British back home in Europe. USSR flooded North Vietnam with money, equipment and training to help beat the Americans.

War wariness. People want to blame hippies and the peace movement but war wariness is a very real wartime resource. Nations have to commit a good deal of their men and money to armed conflicts and if the conflict goes on too long or is not worth the cost populations will often turn against said war. Vietnam was a hard war to justify to begin with and became harder to justify the larger and longer it became.

In addition US strategy was terrible. We fought the war much in the same way we fought WW2 and Korea. We were unequipped and slow to adapt to the new style of warfare we were faced with. Also we had a large set or regulations on what our forces could do. The Vietnamese took advantage of this and were able to supply their troops in ways we could not stop.

We thought our overwhelming air and land forces would crush the enemies will to fight. When it did not we did not adapt.

>communism
.. is the goal, globally. i say again, the US (at least the interests controlling it) won, and not for the patriotic rah rah muh merica' reasons either.

Thats nothing. they conscripted people who would otherwise be unfit for military service. Then combined with the sneakiness of the Vietnamese, many americans lost it and went completely psycho. they would go into villages shooting civilians, men, women, children, babies. They rape and molest, commit genocide... even today, the sergeants still defend that shit. saying babies were possible viet cong thats why they shot em. absolutely fucked that they can say retarded shit like that and get away with it. Ive heard many stories of some good souls threatening to gun down their own soldiers if theyd seen them kill anymore innocent civilians. Still, i think of the flashbacks, forest gump and the good times. no need bringing that shit up every veitnam discussion. as long as people know. what went down. And i also can partly understand why. Still doesn't make it right though.

even then, the us killed the fuck out of them... we were never really losing until we left

>we were never really losing until we failed one of the most critical aspects of a war (public support), pulled out and failed our one single long term objective

>why US really loss the vietnam?
> US really loss the vietnam?
> really loss the
14 year old Nam fag detected

Democrats like McNamara screwed up and screwed over the u.s. population and US soldiers

congrats u paid attention in high school

the same problem with idiots who say millennials are the worst generation.

Apparently it was the hunting rifles that made the difference.
Sniping officers to create confusions and fear amongst the British line infantry.

The British were effectively trained ro fight European tactics ie. Stand in lines and fight your enemy like gentlemen.

>Yes and no
While the US eventually withdrew from Vietnam, the casualties towards the Vietnamese people and the destruction of major institutions and farmland cannot be understated
>TLDR: Vietnam was blown to shit, lost a ton of people, but US lives were deemed to be worth more, and the US casualties prompted a withdrawal

The rampages through the villages were more of a “fuck you” to the VC than anything, no matter how they try to justify it in the end. They were tired of fighting an enemy they couldn’t even see and it was driving them nuts, combined with the rage of seeing your comrades dismembered by boobie traps and gunfire seemingly coming out of nowhere. The only way they could send their message to the VC was to take out their anger on the locals (who had lots of family fighting in the VC) and just wait for them to see their whole village slaughtered in return for killing their friends.

i'm triyng to find the vid for pic related, anyone got the link?

not that it's 100 percent right, but watch the Ken burns series on Vietnam. you get the political background and all the issues going on there and back at home. there is no simple explanation.... it was a lot of things

cept theyre were uneducated and didnt realize they were backing a dystopian shit ideology under the guise of “independence” that would keep them in their place. also the US won every major battle and killed way more VC and NVA than they did Americans. The Americans just lost political support at home and had to back out bc propaganda op

I just kept shitting and shitting instead of firing my weapon.

k

I’m the nigga I’m the nigga, my bank of American about got six figures

yeah but you said “oh but muh farmers knew the land and they had high morale” sure but they still were massacred in the masses by superior tech and airforce etc.

been looking for full vid of pic related

>implying Im same user

yeah i get that. it would have been fucking hell.