Dennis Villeneuve

>Enemy
>Prisoners
>Sicario
>Arrival
Why the fuck doesn't this guy get talked about more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because he makes good movies but hasnt made cinema yet.

He does. Everyday. Just like this thread.

>From the director of Prisoners

The most IMDB sensibility film made so far. Anybody who thinks that Prisoners is above mediocre is juvenile about the medium and entirely emblematic of the video game crossposter fueled downfall of this board.

Villeneuve is one of the biggest trashmasters working today. This is hot pocket the movie. Cheeto dust: the flick.

IMDB "FILM BUFF" pleb fodder. If you like this film then you are an enemy of the medium.

>MUH BASED JAKE
>MUH BASED DEAKINS
>MUH DARK THRILLER
>MUH RELIGIOUS SYMBOLISM

All the memes are there, it's shit

He gets talked about a lot

Also maelstrom, true cinema

He's like a music video director. Excellent on a technical level but he has no vision. He's not an artist. He's like a failed Fincher.

His movies have no sense of identity to them, they're well made with no real soul.

He's basically Christopher Nolan just slightly more competent.

He is talked about daily here and because of the recent normie praise for him he is getting a lot of hate here.

Also lmao tourist

Simply these.He's a better Nolan.No passion, no cinema.

this

The only memes I see are in your post, shitposter.

>trying THIS hard

>not even including his best movie in your list

Its mostly just what thes guys have said:

Based Rocco

>He's better than capeshit so he's great
Just goes to show you how the bar has been lowered for quality films. Not a bad director, but Villeneuve lacks much emotion

YES YES DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

I love all of you complain how he isn't that good because "he lacks emotion", while all of you suck Kubrick's dick daily with him being a literal machine in human form.

Never change Sup Forums

He's basically a rip off Nolan (which he's basically admitted to).

Because his movies are faux-artsy pleb bait.

I'd just like to remind everyone that this is a pasta perpetuated by tryhard autists.

Because all his movies have one word as titles.

>Blade Runner 2049

incendies and prisoners were two of the worst movies i've ever seen and put me off watching anything else he's done, which is a shame because enemy, sicario, and arrival all sounded interesting.

but seriously that IMDB copypasta about prisoners isn't wrong. it's offensively stupid trash with a veneer of artfulness, the kind of thing that can fool a lot of chris stuckman types into thinking it's serious and intelligent.

Hopefully Blade Runner will be better
youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg

>incendies and prisoners were two of the worst movies i've ever seen

shit movies

While I've only seen Sicario and am planning to watch Prisoners later today, Sicario came across as a film that, while well directed/acted/shot/etc., didn't have anything unique or interesting to say about the subject matter. Traffic (2000) for example, had a wide scope focusing on the drug crisis, from those of all classes in Mexico and America. Sicario in comparison, tries to do the same thing with the cop driver, but doesn't do it nearly as fleshed out, and comes off as rather weak in comparison. I'm interested to see how Prisoners compares, and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

>He's a fucking legend!

>good
>shit
>good
>shit

cannot wait for his next project

Sicario was GOAT
Enemy was good
Prisoners was yeah huh hmm

his films seem to lack passion though

mediocre forgetable crap. Reminds me a lot of Fincher, I just don't get the appeal

Prisoners is Cheeto Dust: The Flick

haven't seen Incendies

>haven't seen Incendies
Neither have 99% of the plebs that praise his garbage flicks.

>Villeneuve thread without one mention of Polytechnique

You guys are missing out on real /schoolshooter/ kino where a fellow autist goes on a college rampage to exterminate all the feminists.

Can't hate on Villeneuve with this piece of art in his filmography.

But "worst"?

Over exaggerating doesn't make your argument stronger you know.

THIS IS THE GREATEST POST IN Sup Forums HISTORY.

but muh imdb tier reddit truefilm

Fuck off Korinefag

Retarded contrarians, kill yourselves

I don't get the Nolan comparisons. He's this generation's Fincher.

Fincher is extremely overrated