Does this sum up what is wrong with ESPN right now?

Does this sum up what is wrong with ESPN right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/IslesRW/status/869389445597982722
youtube.com/watch?v=McPPM1g0lqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yea

People were cutting cable to begin with. ESPN exacerbated it

Pretty much.

Yes since millennial liberals don't buy cable subscriptions like ESPN anymore

Blame whoever sold out to Disney

>caring about flyover states

ESPN has it right desu

Why did they think paying the NBA a gorillion dollars over a decade was a good idea?

Nope.

The media is centralized and colluded.

ESPN did not make a business mistake.

It's not really a business.

Entire Soros Propaganda Network isn't a joke.

We don't want any talk. Their downfall began with having everything be some sort of talk/argue show. Just show sports. Show tape delayed weird shit during the day like they used to. Just show sports.

The problem is that the people that work there are fucking bores but they think they're changing the world with this shit. Don't even mind the content but it's comes off as self indulgent and self affecting to point of nausea.

Fucking this.

Stats, scores, and highlights if they're not showing games.

The problem is there's no market for sports highlight shows anymore when people can just go online and see a game and highlights instantly. The market for it was much better when there was shit like no interleague play. Now you can see cross country athletes whenever you want.

I didn't say anything about highlights bud

This.

IT'S NOT A BUSINESS DUMB FUCKS. THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY'RE DOING AND WHY THEY'RE DOING IT.

Based Clay Travis

Why he's wrong.

If anything this is disinfo.

No my dad is a Huff Poo reading nu-male and would love that but hates Sports Center and calls it boring.

Current ESPN has as much to do with sports as MTV has to do with music.

>they added espn2 to do this while espn was talk
>they're now just both talk
>espn3 doesn't have weird shit just boring college shit

I know people are going to disagree with this, but I don't think the market should matter when it comes to news.

News and yes, ESPN, shouldn't be about being entertained, it should be about conveying info.

>But online.

You're right, but that just shows how incrasinfgly irrelevant 24 hour news stations are.

>Current ESPN has as much to do with sports as MTV has to do with music.

yep

It's not a business decision to have Bruce Jenner get an inspiration award. It's not a business decision to have their pundits be fags and dykes.

ESPN/Disney is a Jewish propaganda agency. Is what it is.

it's a pain the fucking ass to find sports highlights online, it's been 7 minutes of minimal effort and I still haven't found the harper fight from earlier today

Heard of Twitter?

Took me literally 5 seconds.

Not enough spelling bee or little league baseball.

are you fucking stupid?

twitter.com/IslesRW/status/869389445597982722

literally seconds it took to find this

i googled "bryce harper" and the first hit was a link to espn's website with the video. didnt take 7 min btw

yea and it's a fucking shitty low quality video player.

I don't have high speed internet and hd screens all over my house to watch some grainy pixelated shit

Here's your you.

What about Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption

It's just more people fucking arguing.

When's the last time you've been on youtube, 2006?

t. Hillary Clinton

>twitter is youtube

>most sports on youtube are quality videos

>the good youtube videos aren't instaspammed with dmca claim bots getting them taken down.

ATH, where two fags a dyke and a feminist give you a progressive take on today's sports 'news'?

Yeah, I'll pass.

Their success is what ruined sports channels since everyone tries to copy. They are the apple and should be eliminated

ESPN is a fucking joke. They don't even cover the greatest sport on Earth, hockey.
youtube.com/watch?v=McPPM1g0lqU

>tucker carlson and jason whitlock

yeah no fucking thanks

This. ESPN relies heavily on the current television/cable setup in the country. For the first time ever people are able to replace cable subscriptions with similar yet cheaper content via the Internet. ESPN would have had to correct during this period no matter what.

That being said, they would be in a better position right now if they didn't waste time with all the hot take shit over the years. Their last round of layoffs also axed tons of the journalists rather than the opinion people. So I don't care if they burn in flames. There would be a market for reasonable sports opinions of someone would step up and produce it

Howd that work out for hillary

Fox Sports has all the good personalities that ESPN needed to be able to just have talk shows. Skip was a lot better than fucking Max Kellerman, That faggot hates white people.

people dumped ESPN because of the (((propaganda)))

I know I did.

Too much truth for your tiny brain?

And what is that?

Well, it's one of several reasons.

1. People realized that ESPN wasn't going to focus primary on sports ever again.

2. Cord cutting is an industry wide problem, but a major reason is that alot of people caught onto ESPN's scam that 5 to 10 dollars of their cable bills were going directly to ESPN

3. The programming is cannibalizing itself. All their daytime programming is now in the '2 to 4 people give hot takes on the 5 biggest news stories of the day'. there's no point to keeping ESPN on for more than a half hour a day now. There is no reason to watch Sportscenter at 6 pm now unless you like your takes mixed in with what athletes are posting on instagram or twitter, and interviews with musicians for some godforsaken reason. Of course, numerous talking heads are the network will call you racist for not liking the new SC6 format, even though if you watched ATH or PTI, you already know what's going to be discussed. It is your fault for not watching, not their fault for creating something that is sloppy seconds in sports news form.

ESPN could very well have weathered this storm, but they decided to spend billions of dollars on live sports contracts, thinking that live sports are future proof. But there's a limit to how much live sports a viewer will care about, and they have reached that limit. Few people are going to care about a midseason fuckfest between the Cleveland Browns and Jacksonville Jaguars, or the NBA in it's current state of Golden State and LeBron fucking everyone dry. Hell, they lost a shitton of money because the College Football Playoffs were played on New Year's Day this year. People aren't going to cancel their shit to sit down and watch sports anymore.

100% correct.

I dumped them because at the time all they talked about was Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Tim Tebow and Lebron

propaganda and social engineering

(but you knew that)

keke, yeah right. ESPN has gone out of their way to attack the NFL for YEARS.

They might as well call it ENBAN

and it's no mystery '''why'''

You know what's funny? Giving the NBA that money triggered the huge increase in the salary cap, making sure Golden State and Cleveland will not have to make any major roster changes for the next decade. They are responsible for the NBA being in this fucked state right now.

>They might as well call it ENBAN

they barely even cover hockey or baseball

and they never have anything good to say about the NFL

ESPN i rigged media/fake news

NBA and ESPN controlled by the same people

yeah, I said it

>disney takes over espn
>it turns into shit

hmm

ESPN was great when it was Mike & Mike in the morning, ATH and PTI as the only "opinion" shows and then the rest was straight sports or sports news.

They should bring back Jay Mariotti and return ATH to its prime.

>implying that a warriors and cavs finals will have bad ratings
>doesn't remember when ratings were at rock bottom when the spurs dominated

>people with this pleb taste exist

ATH and PTI were the shitholes that started the whole hot-take media industry (outside of radio).

Just take a look at early PTI, when SKIP BAYLESS was the main runner for it.

Hollywood/TV aren't real business user.

>ratings

Ratings aren't real either

The Finals won't have bad rating, but the main story for this season was "The rest of the league is garbage and we should timeskip to the Finals," which I feel like ESPN doesn't want after paying a metric fuckton for broadcasting rights.

To what end

ratings dont matter in the grand scheme, they're more a "trend" kind of thing to help market predict profit earnings on deals going forward

fact of the matter is, ESPN has signed some obscenely huge and gross contracts with sports leagues for broadcasting rights (NBA, NCAA, MLB, etc) that have hamstrung the shit out of them

i mean, billions upon billions in these contracts that are just not paying the end dividends they hoped

thats really the heart of why ESPN is failing, the contracts have fucked them hard and now they're hemorrhaging money

what the OP image is complaining about is really a small, although true, part of the large pie that is ESPN's current financial problems

ratings aren't real baka

when will you idiots get this?

Do you really think ESPN would have made the decisions it has made if ratings where real and it was a legitimate business?

Quit giving him (You)s

more bullshit

ESPN/Disney (and really the entirety of the MSM) is a Jewish propaganda device

it's really that simple

t. shill

Propaganda for what

Identity politics.

Yep. And the NBA is a Jewish owned/controlled league. The NFL isn't.

Simple observation should tell you this much.

>watching TV

found your problem

>ESPN signed a $500 MILLION dollar deal to broadcast college women's softball
ya i wonder why theyre falling apart

To what end

It's not "Middle America," who's this hack that wrote this garbage? I live in New York and almost everyone I know that watches ESPN is fed up with their garbage.

Progressivism. Communism. Zionism. Globalism.

All the same shit.

better over than into

Brooklyn here. Me too.

This.

It doesn't matter if they were on the verge of collapse. This isn't a business model, it's a message to be aired.
Could hemorrhage money for the next 10 years it won't change shit. It's their for the purpose of propaganda.

You think espn is trying to make america communist and the first step in their plan is to have shitty opinions about sports?

>NFL
>almost all the owners are Jewish old farts

In the video someone posted earlier in the thread, they actually cover how ESPN and sports journalism used to be more NY-centric and that type of liberalism, but now they're very much pro-San Fran type of liberalism.

I'm can't believe the Jews lost...

I don't know if you've noticed, but they've been openly talking about politics a lot, namely race and gender.

I think it was by that Clay Travis guy or what have you

shit you not, redneck FS1 guy that has literally said racist shit before

so it kind of makes his argument a little bit funnier really

yep

same deal as Hollywood

ESPN's current goal is to divide, distract and demoralize the populace.

It has little to do w/ sports.

They suck cock no matter what 2 or 3 faggots trying to reinvent a 6 year old stale meme keep pushing
Fucking trash.

Race has always been a part of sports. What does that have to do with communism

25%

and guys like Dan Schneider sure don't seem to be down w/ the globalist agenda.

Nice disinfo shill

Muh middle america
ESPN is losing subscriptions due to cord cutting. That's it.

That's been a Whitlock take.

So they don't care about ratings but you think they also want to spread propaganda....

I know you're a shill, but I'll take it as an opportunity to tell the truth.

Racism, feminism, LGBTQFDRE etc. are just a way to divide the populace to soften it for totalitarian rule.

It's why they push identity politics.

>nothing to see here goy

That's not going deep enough. The underlying issue is young writers coming in fresh from college who have learned all their life that they're gonna change the world - and they probably thought they would end up somewhere else other than ESPN.

So what do you do with your massive insecurity, frustrations at your job and desire to "do something that matters", to be recognized for not "just" talking about silly sports? You put out drivel about social justice.

Yes. Cord cutting because cable subscribers have no reason to continue their subscriptions. Why? Because the channels being broadcasted are uninteresting, boring, preachy, and not entertaining.

Which direct right back at ESPN's choice of broadcasting. The cord cutting is a result of cable subscribers seeing channels like ESPN turn to complete shit and therefore saying "fuck this, why pay all this extra money for nothing then?"

People aren't ending their subscriptions "just because" you know.

When you control the market it doesn't really matter much

There is zero indicators it is due to a left political slant. It's just a nice narrative Clay Travis uses to trash the network

>right wingers get mad that libruls want to put politics into everything
>but they do the same thing

>Around the SJW
>Pardon the Lack of Stat Boy

Once, the was a way.. to get back homeward..
..once their was a way, to get back home..
>sleep, pretty darling, do no cry..

ratings aren't real.

it's an ancient form of rigged media, and a false indicator of public consensus.

They've since moved onto rigged tech platforms like Facebook and Twitter, which are also complete bullshit.

it's weird that they would rig stuff so much but then lose all the time. something isn't adding up with your logic

>it's cord cutting go....guy

You don't know how ratings work. If they weren't real TV shows wouldn't get canceled mid season