Star Trek

>the new star trek series "Star Trek: Discovery" is gonna be another prequel like enterprise

finally a new star trek series and it's gonna be garbage

why can't they just continue where the last ended?

also star trek general i guess, discuss anything star trek

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jp3OhC3NoMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TIL When Kate Mulgrew auditioned for the role of Captain Janeway in "Star Trek: Voyager" she only had $11 dollars to her name. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing that Jennifer Lien bought was a shitton of crystal meth. Kate Mulgrew bought a haircut.

my guess is the idea of doing a another prequel is keeping its totally separate from the JJverse..

Perfect Star Trek dream team crew

prove me wrong

i think it's part of the main universe(tv series), but i don't like that it's a prequel, enough fucking prequels already, give us something new

OBJECTIVE SERIES RANKING

DS9 > TOS > TNG > VOY > ENT > TAS

DS9 is the only one i havent seen, it's really that good?

i guess i should give DS9 a chance huh? I really like that arab actor dude that plays a dornian in GOT and those two dax girls are 10/10 qtpies

am i gonna like it?

Which Dax host OTHER than Jadzia or Ezri would you fuck?

Leeta, and whichever one was in her.

Hopefully you'll like it. It has an overall different tone than the other series. If TOS was pitched as wagon train in space DS9 would be more like gunsmoke.

i have no idea what wagon train or gunsmoke are

which other series is it most like? i enjoyed all of them except enterprise

It gets a lot of comparisons to Babylon 5, but it's really not like the other Trek series, mainly because it takes place largely in one part of space and has different conflicts, and better-written (imo) characters.

Riker is a fucking awful first officer.

Also
>Dax instead of Spock
>Brockley instead of Scotty
>Tasha Yar instead of literally anyone

that's whats great about riker, you gotta have a deucebag to hate on the crew

Yar is my dykefu

because the writers would have to pour over decades of writing and lore to make sure stuff lined up instead of being able to bullshit their way through stuff that hasn't been explored.

>Generations/early DS9 uniforms

Given what's happening with Star Wars now, I highly doubt the new Trek will make it through unscathed without becoming another political mouthpiece. I'm sure the first episode will have the new captain turn directly to the camera and say "FUCK TRUMP, YOUR VOTE IS A HATE CRIME".

entertainment media is finished (and good riddance)

they're literally the best

tos is goofy 60s sweaters
tng is cheesy 80s spandex
late ds9 is just plain ugly

voyager uniforms are by far the best

Reminder that based on The Visitor, the Dominion War never would have started if Sisko was dead or didn't exist. Sisko is the only reason for the War

Late DS9 is fashionable you cuck

The worst uniforms are the red TOS movie ones

eh, that's what star trek has always been, always pushing a bullshit marxist globalist message

i'll enjoy em as long as they have relatable characters

but you're probably right, the next trek is probably gonna be a crew of women and aliens and niggers and anything but evil cis white mails

>Le star trek has never been political meme

youtube.com/watch?v=jp3OhC3NoMk

Sometimes a little war is necessary to clean house for the future.

DS9 uniforms served their purpose as a reminder of their rugged, border station position in the universe. The aesthetic matched the environment.

It's one thing to have political discourse in a Trek episode where it's handled sensitively and both sides of an issue are examined.
The current climate we have is nothing like that, we're living in an age of fear and hatred and bigotry being spread by leftist journalism and a corrupt failed election campaign that refuses to take responsibility for the generation of brainwashed young violent liberals they've unleashed on society, with the media continuing to double down with their objectively false rhetoric that it's the OTHER side that's to blame.

That was Roddenberry's awful shit before Based Berman seized control and made TNG watchable.

They might even start pushing degeneracy!

>that sloot speciesmixed with a klingon

if only lesbians were the height of star trek degeneracy

she also fucked a guy with a transparent head

>Generations
>muh family legacy is DED
>Nemesis
>a literal clone of Picard
>gets killed by Picard
>also loses his First Officer-apparent
JUST