Am I a pleb if "Changes" is my favorite Bowie song?

Am I a pleb if "Changes" is my favorite Bowie song?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wC_lLK1ghlM
youtube.com/watch?v=RpSQUTRq3Bg
youtube.com/watch?v=14znec6RwAU
youtube.com/watch?v=qpL1IokHH5Y
soundcloud.com/waltere/david-bowie-star-special-1979
mega.nz/#F!tj5TUaTZ!-okbwAEue4BqeUy88OvGiA
mega.nz/#F!56IVxRDa!9pP3JS5KvmalvJmtxqG8ag
mega.nz/#F!w752BZxB!3AJZsBBaYEQ_kVCVXAcTCA
youtube.com/watch?v=3cDRpbVDS5c&t=73s
youtu.be/-Yvw0U-bRXw?t=1m9s
youtube.com/watch?v=VwseJzwWMEA
youtube.com/watch?v=deHLj5X0deo
youtube.com/watch?v=50A5q_9Znlc
youtube.com/watch?v=pl1xZIUK0Ew
youtube.com/watch?v=cCu7cOhGsGs
youtube.com/watch?v=3cDRpbVDS5c
youtube.com/watch?v=kOD4IN-5YVw
soundcloud.com/dpatterson70
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who cares man it's a good song

no.

no because my favorite bowie song is china girl

nope. It's a good song.

You're a pleb if you like anything other than Hunky Dory.

>"I see no changes, wake up in the morning and I ask myself, is life worth living should I blast myself"

You aren't

If your favourite Bowie song is anything other than Station To Station, you are indeed a plebeian. Nothing wrong with that however, someone has to like Let's Dance, so that ascended beings can be left to worship Station To Station in peace.

Is Bowie the greatest artist of our lifetime? Not just in music, but all mediums. He's easily in the top five music artists of my lifetime, likely number 1.

What other artists even come close? Maybe Scorsese in film.

bowieposter? is that you?

Bowie disagrees.

yes

>yes
just wanted to let you know you're my favourite Sup Forums user

thank you user.

>our lifetime
What the fuck does that even mean

Other Bowieposter here, also agree

>Other Bowieposter
there's two???!!!

You're a pleb if you have a favorite Bowie song.

Bowieposters and Herbieanon are the future of Sup Forums.

Is that qwerty100?

There might be three. There's a couple at least, you can usually pick out who posts what most of the time if you've been around. I have a folder of 1,289 images, if Windows isn't lying to me (I feel like it is, Jesus) with very few duplicates, I'd expect at least 1,275 unique images. I still stumble upon new stuff, like everything the other Bowieposter posted here.

He's a god man to post.

I appreciate the Bowieposter(s) Posted some pics I've never seen before

Dump folder plz

which was the one that was posting in that thom yorke/bjork fanfic thread last week?

not that it matters though, i love you all

it's a good song though, stop trying to be so self-consciously pretentious

>thom yorke/bjork fanfic thread last week
that's me user

did you also download stuff from my mega link?
>He's a god man to post.
absolutely

Marc Bolan > David Bowie > Brian Eno ?????

Unskinny Bop?

Electric Warrior and The Slider are GOAT albums that Bowie ripped off to an extent but David also reinvented himself multiple times while Mark stuck to what he was good at

I did not, just picked this all up over time.

Also, hot damn, that's a good one. I didn't know that footage existed/was fully colorized.

Bit busy at the moment but I'll try and post a couple good ones

Why are Bowie threads always so comfy?

People who love music and a musician loving that musician, and Bowie's generally a comfy guy anyhow

> I didn't know that footage existed/was fully colorized.
there are a lot of edited videos here and there.
youtube.com/watch?v=wC_lLK1ghlM
youtube.com/watch?v=RpSQUTRq3Bg
youtube.com/watch?v=14znec6RwAU

you're right.

All of Bowie's best songs (except for Station to Station) are the really popular ones so no. My favourite is Moonage Daydream.

Oh, I had just meant the car footage. Yeah, there's tons. Nacho Video there is fucking awesome, dude's done great work.

youtube.com/watch?v=qpL1IokHH5Y

I hope it is, it would be upsetting to think that two people who have such an awful writing style exist.

I'm uploading mine, so just wait for a min.
soundcloud.com/waltere/david-bowie-star-special-1979
mega.nz/#F!tj5TUaTZ!-okbwAEue4BqeUy88OvGiA
mega.nz/#F!56IVxRDa!9pP3JS5KvmalvJmtxqG8ag

Where does Alex Harvey fall?

here you go
mega.nz/#F!w752BZxB!3AJZsBBaYEQ_kVCVXAcTCA

Depends if youre highly skilled at anything or a STEM major. All else are plebs.

Word on a Wing is his best song

Sup Forums drone

Nothing wrong with that, i really like Disco King so im worse, (my favourite is Ashes to Ashes so it makes up for it)

>Disco King
there's nothin wrong with that song.

>so im worse
well then, I still love Absolute Beginners, especially this performance
youtube.com/watch?v=3cDRpbVDS5c&t=73s

Bring Me the Disco King doesn't make you pleb, that's one of his more experimental songs.

Yes. But then again, I love "Let's Dance"

Anything from Hunky Dory is a solid choice.

the whole album, or just the song?
The album is a mediocre pop album, not the worst that he ever did. Still love Blue Jean.

Jazzin’ For Blue Jean is kino.

I bet that made her life.

>kino
go away weaboo

deltoons

>German and Japanese are the same language

*deletes changes*

tons of people in the world have let's dance as their favorite
don't feel bad

wow

I'm not an etymologist

My nigga

>favourite song isn't It's No Game (Part 2)

not even the best song on Scary Monsters.

you're right, scream like a baby is on par

I always misheard the closing lines as

>Children 'round the world, put camel shit, on the walls
>They're making carpets on treadmills
>Oh God it's sordid
>And it's no game

and figured that was more profound. Any thoughts?

Scream Like a Baby is top-tier and underrated. I still wish we had I Am A Laser though.

I love both Scream Like A Baby and Teenage Wildlife, and Alabama Song if you count bonus track. You have good taste user, I haven't seen a lot of people who like Scream Like A Baby that much.

>I Am A Laser
the rerecorded Astronettes one?

No, the recorded Gouster one.

youtu.be/-Yvw0U-bRXw?t=1m9s

Ava Cherry is not David Bowie and this sounded interesting. I will forever hold to the notion Young Americans should have been a double album.

scream like a baby is unironically my number one song of all time, bowie or not
i think i might listen to it again now

It's so strange to me, it's such a standout. It's such a thematic hit for him. It's theatrical and large; it's dystopian and evokes 1984; it takes a much bigger shot at the fascists than the opening/closing does. And most importantly, it grinds like a stone and screams, it's just a fucking good song. Teenage Wildlife deserves the attention and all, but for an album as well regarded as Scary Monsters I'm shocked I never hear about Scream Like A Baby.

Plus, if we're counting bonus tracks, then we have Crystal Japan, which is absolutely one of his best instrumentals if not songs.

NO ATHLETIC PROGRAM NO DISCIPLINE NO BOOKS
HE JUST SAT IN THE BACK SEAT SWEARING HE'D SEEK REVENGE
AND HE JUMPED INTO THE FURNACE SINGING OLD SONGS WE LOVED

>the because you're young demo on vampires of human flesh
that piano at the beginning and the the guitar makes me orgasm, HARD
youtube.com/watch?v=VwseJzwWMEA

>Young Americans should have been a double album.
you're correct.

>And most importantly, it grinds like a stone and screams, it's just a fucking good song.
yes! especially when he sings "and I never knew his last name and we never had no fuunn. It's a wonderful song, one of my favourite Bowie tracks. Actually you've described it perfectly.

SCREAM LIKE A BABY
SAM WAS A GUN
AND I NEVER KNEW HIS LAST NAME
AND WE NEVER HAD NO FUUUNNN

>now i'm learning to be a part of ssssocie, ssociety.. ss..
if only scream like a baby inspired bowie to again try a 1984 musical but with the same new wave style of this song

>1984 musical but with the same new wave style of this song
80s Bowie should've been enthusiastic about these things, especially after his The Elephant Man performance.

>80s bowie wanted 'hits' and fucked up the incredibly strong starting point that was scary monsters as his foray into the 80s new wave scene
biggest musical JUST ever?

Oh fuck. I'd never heard this before, thank you for that. Yes, the second that guitar hit, I had to take a second. Sometimes I wish he had let it been a little more stripped down and less produced like this, it sounds great.

In fairness, I've always had an odd relationship with that song, always put me off. Just reminded me too much of past relationships and present fears. On that note, I am fascinated how the lyrics of this song went from being something I can empathize with and are internally directed, to being entirely about someone else and them being away from you. Very interesting, love the process on these things.

>Young Americans
Absolutely, thank you. I will scream it to anyone who would listen, it objectively should have been. I'm actually curious to the industry politics and record-deal requirements that would have allowed or prevented that form happening at the time, because I feel like otherwise the only thing stopping it was Bowie himself. Between the Gouster stuff, John, I'm Only Dancing (Again), and It's Gonna Be Me, there was already enough unreleased stuff to get you to the requisite length. That's before you think of the finished After Today or the material he recorded with Lennon that wasn't part of the plan but ended up on the finished product. It was very possible.

>Actually you've described it perfectly.
Thank you. It's very much in the guitar, which apparently was on Alomar. It's just so perfect. In the best, artsiest way possible, it's the perfect song for a 80's style suit-up montage before a suicide mission, while also still a portrait of a horrid society. It was a very strongly written piece.

I have a theory I have said here where a good part of his "pop" phase had a sneering edge where he intentionally evoked the Big Brother imagery back from Diamond Dogs visibly on-stage for Live-Aid and Glass Spider and the public was none the wiser, and I absolutely don't put it past him.

I do agree with you, Bowie wasn't making songs for himself or for voicing his opinions, he was making them to acquire money, and as Eno said was working for others. It's sad really, I think in one of the Heathen promotion videos he was talking about re recording the Never Let Me Down songs, he liked the songwriting in that album apparently.
>biggest musical JUST ever?
probably.

I mean, to be fair, he very much recognized it, strongly in retrospect, but definitely at the time. He's said as much. He seems to have had a good time, but he definitely knew he wasn't doing what he wanted to. That's literally where the whole Tin Machine and Sound + Vision thing came from, and that was still the latter half of the 80's. Not all of it was bad, either, but hey.

lol "pop man"

bowiefriends, please listen to vampires of human flesh when you get the chance, really refreshens listening to the scary monsters work
youtube.com/watch?v=deHLj5X0deo
(warning: this scream like a baby is RAW)

also, what are your opinions on heathen?

your theory might be correct.
>and I absolutely don't put it past him.
I dont either, I absolutely love everything he did after Never Let Me Down.

>Tin Machine
I like I Cant Read.
>Sound + Vision
youtube.com/watch?v=50A5q_9Znlc

heh did you just make this?

why, yes

>what are your opinions on heathen
one of my favourite Bowie albums, it's just perfect. Love Afraid and 5:15 The Angels Have Gone. The transition between Slip Away and Slow Burn is 10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=pl1xZIUK0Ew

> vampires of human flesh
I've already heard this one, and like the other user said, it's very interesting.

good job

the opening of i would be your slave makes me slip in and out of a fucking coma it's that good what was it that tony visconti brought to bowie that made him so good?
youtube.com/watch?v=cCu7cOhGsGs

My favorite song is Kooks

saved, lmao

>Everything after NLMD
Agreed, and I'll even still lap up at least a couple songs off that, Absolute Beginners, and half of Tonight unironically. I do note from your images you seem to focus more on the Latter-day Bowie.

>Theory
In the actual year 1984, David Bowie had gone from being an outsider to being a mainstream pop star. On Diamond Dogs ten years prior, if you read it the right way, he examined the idea of 1984's Big Brother as a younger, hip, interesting rocker type, or at least you can get that impression. At the very least, he interpreted 1984. During the tour for that album, which did merge with his tour (And recording of) Young Americans, he wore a double-breasted, pale, bluish-gray double breasted suit. What went under the actual jacket changed time to time, but it was consistent the whole run through.

Ten years later, he opened his set Live-Aid, one of the largest, greatest relief concerts broadcast across the world, for the world. He opened his set in a near identical suit of similar cut and make, and he opened his set with a song about a television eating a woman with abject glee and showmanship, a wide smile on his face to a screaming, happy crowd of thousands. Not even a half-decade later he'd bring the song Big Brother back for live performance for the first time in, well, a decade, in a similar outfit.

I feel he was much too smart and self-aware to do that by accident. It's a fun little thing to me.

10/10

His demos are always awesome. On a semi-relevant note, he always said he preferred the demo version of some of Tonight; we can only hope we get that sometime. I wonder if Loving The Alien really sounded as acoustic as he would later do it, or what.

I would post a nice image of Bowie here semi-relevant to what I talked about, but have this meme some dude cooked up like a year ago on the spot in reply to me I liked instead

I love that track, Heathen is a very good album.
>what was it that tony visconti brought to bowie that made him so good
I really don't know.

will you stay in our lover's story?

Oh, and I meant to mention. The delivery, that sort of thing is why I love Bowie so much. The theatricality, the moments he was more actor than singer. It enhanced the feeling of the song and the point of the piece a thousand fold with just that slurred, confused delivery there; it's beautiful. Top-notch, absolutely amazing.

Definitely agree with the Low review, nobody would give a shit about that dull and pretentious album if Bowie's name wasn't on it

>Absolute Beginners
it's very very cheesy, but I like that song, and the Bowie meme you shared.
youtube.com/watch?v=3cDRpbVDS5c

>I feel he was much too smart and self-aware to do that by accident. It's a fun little thing to me.
He probably was. But really, you do have a very interesting theory. I might have to go through his 87 rehearsals now.
youtube.com/watch?v=kOD4IN-5YVw

>I do note from your images you seem to focus more on the Latter-day Bowie.
absolutely.

I can't really disagree with you, Scream Like A Baby is a fantastic song.

pleb detected

Whats up my fellow bowie posters

if I'm being completely honest, I'm feeling miserable. you?

Mines suffraggte city
No way ure as pleb as i am

the dude who posted these 'reviews' makes music. it is not good imo.

soundcloud.com/dpatterson70

>pleb
can this 'meme' stop? these are all Bowie classics. There's nothing wrong with having a popular Bowie song as a favourite.
ahhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YA MA'AM

pleb detected was aimed at this poster

my gf told me she had a dream that she had sex with bowie on a train the morning he died (100% before either of us had heard the news)

did I get cucked by that beautiful bastard as he left the physical realm?

yes