Band completely obsessed with California

>band completely obsessed with California
>only the worst and least important members were born in California
lmao wut

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lm39YkGrHp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Erase yourself, pencil scratch.
RHCP is one of the greatest bands of all time.

I know that, they're my favorite band. Go check and see which members were actually born in California though.

are you talking about josh? none of those 4 were born in california

Josh and Jack Irons. None of the best members were born in California

When will froosh make his comeback, I feel like the possibility is there now. I hope he's okay.

He's okay, he's just doing what he wants now and he's happy (I hope). He's also their best member. I wonder what kind of terms he's on with the other members.

Do RHCP actually sing about California that much?
Outside of Under the Bridge and Californication, they don't sing about it much

I think it's memed that they sing about California more than they do. Incomplete list of songs with California or references to it in them:
Around The World
Under the Bridge
Californication
Magic Johnson
True Men Don't Kill Coyotes
Dani California
Tell Me Baby

>band completely obsessed with California
>Leave shit England to go live there
Patrician

>releases an album about California
>that other album with similar name by that other band that was released the same week is infinitely better
Hmmm

Red Hot Chili Peppers are way better than Mr. Bungle though.

>band obsessed with California
>originally from New York
>finally make it out to California
>all their songs start obsessing back over New York

Sure montie

How can you listen to Pink Cigarette and say a song like Scar Tissue is better?

What goes through someone's head when they make a post this wrong?
>I've got a song that's so great that it blows the other band's song that I don't like away, they can't even refute it
Scar Tissue is much better than Pink Cigarette.

>tfw the best song about California is from a Canadian

youtube.com/watch?v=Lm39YkGrHp8

CALIFORNIA REST IN PIECE

>singer who grew up and lives in california sings about it
>hey doods the band is obsessed

The Red Hot Chili Peppers [EMI America, 1984]

As minstrelsy goes, this is as good as it gets (and minstrelsy it had better be). The reason it doesn't quite come off as good-natured can be found in this mysterious observation from spokesperson Flea--"Kurtis Blow and Grandmaster Flash have great raps but not the great music to go along with them." Coming from a bassist, that's serious delusion. B-

Mother's Milk [EMI, 1989]

Punks who loved Hendrix and P-Funk, they've decided to cash in on their excellent tastes. Problem is, they didn't have the chops to pull it off before, and now that they've pushed the guitar up front, they sound even cruder. But I'm sure they're nice guys and all--even mention compassion in the first verse of the first song. C+

Blood Sugar Sex Magik [Warner Bros., 1991]

they've grown up, they've learned to write, they've earned the right to be sex mystiks ("Give It Away", "Breaking The Girl") *

One Hot Minute [Warner Bros., 1995] *bomb*

Californication [Warner Bros., 1999]

new age fuck fiends ("Scar Tissue", "Purple Stain") *

By The Way [Warner Bros., 2002]

How desperate professional rock scribes are for remaining bands of any commercial clout that this release was greeted with Hosannas in a slow news month. This piece of let's-slow-things-down-a-little isn't too bad unless you were expecting thee funk, but it is a turn or two slacker than Californication. Problem being that it's not enough to suddenly get all mature and spiritual, you also need to have something to say about maturity. And unless I'm mistaken, Anthony Kiedis has never had one thing to say about anything else. B-

Stadium Arcadium [Warner Bros., 2006]

The old familiar tale of a band's validation by Grammy award plus the old familiar double-album-that-should-have-been-a-single reveals a few things. Firstly, this is an '80s band--their spiritual center, such as it is, is rooted in the agony and ecstasy of heroin and cocaine. Once a bassist's band, they're now ruled by the guitarist. At least back when the bassist ruled, they enlivened this overworked dynamic with beats. Now they tax it with tunes, at least when they're on their game, such as the dead-end relationship song "Desecration Smile" and the marriage proposal "Put A Ring On It". B-