Why are trains still a thing?

>2016
>still travelling on the wagoned jew

Brazil receives a lot of critics for having snubbed your medieval form of transportatian. What is the appeal of the train after all and why is it so important for a globalized economy?

>slower than a car
>can transport less goods than a ship
>can't fly
>easy to hijack in a civil war

Why don't we just abandon trains altogether and started using the superior brazilian-invented mean of transportation?

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

ft.com/cms/s/2/e135da74-179a-11e6-b197-a4af20d5575e.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do you want to drive/fly to miami from new york and pay $300+ or take a train to miami for $150 and use uber?

Correction:

This is pic related.

In Brazil there is nothing like that option.

Either we take the bus and can potentially die on the trip or we use the airplane which is the redpilled mean of transportation.

Also we prohibited Uber recently in most cities. We won't fall for the "free market will fix it" meme.

train and bus to NYC are the same price from my city. train takes 1 hour longer but has a food car that sells booze and airplane style restrooms. bus has a porta potty bathroom and stops at the mall for subway if it's ahead of schedule and if not you eat what you brought.

This instantly reminded me of the confused guy thinking people were talking about trains instead of trannies

I recently went to Chicago, these were my options
>Train, 5 hours, $33
>Walk/use public transit in the city, $30 in 5 days

Or
>Car, 4 hours, $30
>Pay for parking, a minimum of $30 per day, $150 in 5 days

Why the fuck would I drive my car there and pay out the ass plus be stuck in traffic? No

I really wanted to educate you on the many useful options trains have but I have no time, do some research Luan.

In Europe, train is far faster than car. 320 kph on dedicated tracks vs 130 on a car. And it's cheaper than plane. And more convenient because it drops you off downtown, not at a airport 2 hours away.

tl;dr trains are fantastic

Luxury Train Rides in Europe are pretty comfy tbqh.

I like taking the train into work, gives me time to open my laptop and read various shit for a good hour

you're literally retarded I swear. trains can carry up to ~4000 tons of cargo across continents. do you know how much it would cost to fly that where it needed to go? and while they're carrying things like tanks and coal they can also get people to where they need to go for relatively cheap.

also you're a fucking nigger from a nigger country whose main product is degenerate youth so kill yourself

Anyone have any experience being a traindriver? I'm pretty curious.

i love trains for that reason, very cheap to move large amounts of goods and people and very safe.

because they're comfy

>very cheap to move large amounts of goods and people
>mexico

They're not.

Fucking trains spilling a cloud of smoke every inch they move.

This had nothing to do with race.

Also which continent can you move 4000 tons of cargo through?

Africa? South America? Thing would get sacked empty on the first stop. Also barely any country can have the decency of conserving railway lines.

>Fucking trains spilling a cloud of smoke every inch they move.
It's not the 1800's anymore grandpa

It's the most efficient method of moving cargo over land. Are you that fucking stupid.

>What continent?
Most continents that aren't mainly niggers will allow a train to pass through unharmed. America is still 60% white so they count

>tl;dr
>Brazil is a shithole where you can't into basic and efficient transportation

>>slower than a car
only in third world countries

no traffic jams on the train

Not even the shittiest badly maintained 70's diesel machines that they use where I live spill any smoke
And anyways, you can always use electricity powered by nuclear, or by whatever green fad you like, specially since any train made in the last 50 years uses electric engines

I know that, you asshole.

My point is why do you want it? Globalized world can have all goods produced on the shores and internationally.

It is pointless to have railways outside of mercantilist nations. Everything can be done through ships, busses and airplanes.

Are you just confessing trains are an useless mean of transportation for more than half the world because the population won't neither respect, nor conserve the railroads?

>USA still uses memes of transportation from the 1700s

Really? Can trains go 180km/h with their cargo?

>Really? Can trains go 180km/h with their cargo?
Yes it's called high speed rail

Trains won wars and built the world.

I took an Amtrack from Raleigh NC to Deland Florida once and it was awful. Took forever and I was stuck next to a smelly poor negro the whole ride. Passenger trains blow. It was a glorified greyhound bus.

The plane is much faster and I don't have to sit in literal shit. I would choose the plane.

>USA still uses memes of transportation from the 1700s
Yea, everyone in the 1st world does. Maybe Brazil will get there one day?
>Really? Can trains go 180km/h with their cargo?
Yea, they can. Hell, if they could only go half the speed of a lorry, they'd still be a better investment because they carry many times more cargo.
>My point is why do you want it?
Because it's the most effective method of transporting people and goods. Are a professional retard, or just an aspiring amateur?

What I'm getting from this thread is that the huemonkey is mad his country can't have nice things

A train is not slower than a car you fucking retarded BR

Public transport is great.

It's only got a bad reputation because snobs associate it with the poor. We need more public transport, and I'm not even a lefty. Cars are atomising and ruin lovely towns and cities.

>What is the appeal of the train after all and why is it so important for a globalized economy?

Gets you to and from the city center fast.

Cars don't work in dense cities because:
- roads get clogged up
- nowhere to park or very expensive.

>The X Jew
>Brazil in charge of deciding anything is Jewish.

Yeah, I can't wait for all of you to contract the Zika virus and never be able to reproduce ever again.

Pretty much. Most population centres just cannot handle every person having a car, so we really need to focus on having mass transport. Could also (hopefully/ideally) make it more discreet that way.

lol you fucking third world baboon shit

Trains in France have been going at 300-400km/h for decades

>Cheaper than a plane
Not in UK, trains are expensive as shit.

Piss off. It's cheaper to go first class on a train from London to Manchester than it is to fly cattle class.

For public transportation light rails are the best

Not an arguement.

Brazil barely has any jews and is poor. USA is pretty much Israel and can't talk about anything against their overlords.

I don't think trains are cheaper anywhere in Western Europe.

Planes only seem expensive because you travel long distances.
But travel the same distance (say: Amsterdam to Rome) by train and it will cost a lot too.

Always prefer train to travel by car or plane unless going very long distance.

Driving=ballache.

Flying=enormous ballache and fuckaround with hours wasted before flight and often after.

Train=get to station 5mins before departure, take seat, relax till destination.

Why do you guys think of the cuckcycle lines?

Are they a good form of urban transportation or just another meme?

>pic related is Higienopolis where I live. Government took a third of the streets to put bycicle lines which nobody uses. As a result all the streets have become impossible to navigate and heavily grindlocked.

It takes you 10 minutes to advance 100 meters with a car in the area.

>we hate capitalist monopolies so much that we're going to issue taxi permits and do it ourselves!!!!

Man you are fucking dumb, delete this thread please

YOU DONT GET TO TALK ABOUT THE LOCOMOTIVE YOU FUCKING THIRD WORLD MONKEY

Trains are great for controlling the movement of citizens - preventing the from going to the mall and delivering them at the incinerator instead. Fucking liberal train fetishists

>His trains aren't electric

Seriously, we started using electric locomotives in the 1920s here.

You're a century late for the smoke.

You retarded beyond saving.

>want unsafe unknowns transporting women around the city
>will still blame the government if something bad happens

Agreed.

Legal monopolies can be benefitial.

>unknowns
>Trains
Are you from one of those cargo cults who worship planes as sky Gods?

>still traveling on the wagoned Jew

I love this meme
Kek

How do you transport a large quantity of goods inland? You can't use a boat.

They invented this thing called a river.

You don't know how it works.

A monopoly happens because a specific gifted brain (aka a genius) is so ahead of his/her own time that their product pleases the population so much more than their rivals that everyone just proceeds to buy that genius' product and all others die out eventually, to the point where no one can compete.

However, if that genius eventually screws up and does something dumb like delivering a low quality product and/or demanding too much money for it, then the free market is able to take over and either create a new, better monopoly or destroy it completely and have go back to the competition phase where everyone is mostly at equal grounds.

A legal monopoly can't work because:

a) You don't need to be a genius or have a gifted brain to be at the top, you only need the government's blessing

b) If you screw up, no one is allowed to take over, the population is forced to deal with a shit outcome

Which is exactly what is happening right now. If I go from my city to the one nearby by Taxi, I get a shit service and need to pay over R$50, but if I take an Uber I have access to a much higher quality service and only pay R$20. I mean, Taxis literally apply a 50%/100% tax if you are travelling between cities, it is so goddamn stupid, I have no idea how that thing still exists.

And the fact you don't know this shows you have never read Adam Smith or Karl Marx which are the bare basics. You shouldn't talk about economy, OP.

>transporting thousands of tons of goods by riverboat
>somehow more efficient
this is why a monkey has no business doing anything but eating a banana and using a typewriter

also

I will answer. Unfortunately, most of the goods transportation in Brazil is done by trucks. Pic related.

In a normal first world country, the goods are transported through long distances by train, and then a truck collects them and takes them to their proper destination by traveling a short distance, usually in the very same city. There is no such thing in Brazil and most transports happen by truck, no matter the distance.

For those who can't into Spanish: White/Yellow is by truck, orange is boat, blue is train and green is pipeline/air plane

E o que impede de os fdps se unirem pra subir o preço sem o estado, babaca?

Isso ai é tudo teoria econômica. Mundo real ñ funciona assim. Cresce.

>implying that is not the future of most first world countries today

A train is much more efficient than a boat. Laying the infrastructure is the primary cost of any rail network. Any first world country worth its salt has a rail network.

>no local trainstation
>nearest in 20 miles away
fuck this shit.

>implying that is not the future of most first world countries today
It really isn't, though. Rivers are just not good transport routes when compared to trains, or even lorries.

Brazil has used the river Paraguai for most of its history as a reliable mean of transportation.

Just like Egypt uses the Nile and Kongo uses the Kongo river.

Railroads are an unecessary meme because the country naturally will develop itself based on transport lines. Rivers can pretty much decide where the country will expand so railroads become unecessary.

Also you can fish on the river and eat or get water to shower and clean clothes.

The only drawback is when the river is full of trash and shit and the depth curve of the river decreases 75% percent to the point there is only mud and large ships can't go through.

>E o que impede os fdps de se unirem para subir o preço sem o estado, babaca?
O livre mercado.

Digamos que existam 5 grandes empresas de taxi. Elas resolvem subir o preço mais do que necessário. Nesse momento a população não pode fazer nada, contudo, isso abre uma possibilidade: A qualquer momento, literalmente qualquer pessoa pode abrir sua própria empresa de taxi e cobrar um preço justo. Isso faz com que toda a população comece a usar apenas essa empresa de taxi recém criada, e todas as outras ou vão acabar falindo ou são obrigadas a abaixar seus preços.

Contudo, as pessoas do ramo dos negócios sabem como isso funciona, portanto ninguém sequer ousa aumentar os preços sem necessidade. Vejam os muitos oligopólios que existem por aí, como de smartphone, videogame, televisão, etc etc. As empresas são forçadas a deixarem o preço o mais baixo possível para competir. E não precisa nem ser Adam Smith pra saber isso, uma criança no ensino médio tem esse conhecimento por mera indução.

Pic related at proves that the dumb OP is talking bullshit. We don't use rivers as our prime method of transportation.

He doesn't even understand how monopoly works. Don't waste your times with this guy.

And yes, Brazil has a problem with transportation, most governors have been recently building more railroads so we are slowly switching to trains.

Another episode of "do Agrexte".

Most of what matters in Brazil is located at the South, southeast and center-west of the country, the rest is essentially jungle/desert wastelands or Ethiopia-tier/irrelevant regions.

>Brazil has used the river Paraguai for most of its history as a reliable mean of transportation.
Doesn't make it good.
>Railroads are an unecessary meme because the country naturally will develop itself based on transport lines. Rivers can pretty much decide where the country will expand so railroads become unecessary.
Or perhaps it's the other way around, you tremendous moron?
>Also you can fish on the river and eat or get water to shower and clean clothes.
The fuck has that got to do with it? Are you arguing against river transport use? Because having it heavily trafficked would mean that you could fish it or use it to wash clothes.
>The only drawback is when the river is full of trash and shit and the depth curve of the river decreases 75% percent to the point there is only mud and large ships can't go through.
You don't fucking say. You've also forgotten about what happens outside of the ports.

>Pic related at proves that the dumb OP is talking bullshit.
Don't worry old boy, I'd worked that much out already.
Side note: How do you feel about Dem Bertrand possibly retaking the throne?

>How do you feel about Dem Bertrand possibly retaking the throne?
She can only take over if our new president fucks up really hard so it'll be fair. There will be riots if she does come back anyway. People have been pushing for new elections recently and there is a chance it will happen.

>there is a small chance that Trump and Bolsonaro (Brazil's Trump) will be elected
If that happens my hope for this world will light up again

>She
Dom Bertrand is a dude, dude. His point was basically how your democratic government has always been shitty.
ft.com/cms/s/2/e135da74-179a-11e6-b197-a4af20d5575e.html

>Railroads are an unecessary meme because the country naturally will develop itself based on transport lines. Rivers can pretty much decide where the country will expand so railroads become unecessary.

Basically you're arguing we should only live near rivers like people did 5000 years ago?

You're retarded.

The fuck, I had never heard of that guy before, thought you were referring to Dilma

Cost effectiveness, for large cargo transportation.
Its the same argument used for boat vs airplane.

A matrix of multi transport options is better than a reduced one. The only reason our trains were shit, it's because all our things are shit. Nothing works here. We should have trains to push our commodities to the ports. Stop being an edgy faggot.

Trains in Europe and Japan are awesome. And there is absolutely nothing wrong in the concept of train transportation. Be it for goods(Better than fucking trucks in fucked up roads, upping the cost of every shit) or people. Fuck off retarded.

Now that I know who he is: It wouldn't be bad, Brazil needs a monarchy urgently.

This is my own theory, I've never read any author mention this before, but I think that monarchy/aristocracy/democracy only works if they are a natural progression that relies on their population.

When you have a government, you need two things: One, efficiency. And two, legitimacy. Monarchy has the least legitimacy, Aristocracy has medium legitimacy and Democracy has absolute legitimacy. The efficiency depends on who is in charge. An amazing king will have amazing efficiency. If you have 50 Aristocrats running the country and 40 of them are amazing and 10 are awful, then your efficiency will be very good, but not amazing because those 10 awful ones are pushing it down. Finally, in a democracy, if only 20% of the population is educated and the other 80% don't even know who is the current US' president, yeah, the result will be awful.

In other words: If most of the population is uneducated, you need a good king to put them in the right path. At some point, when some people are already very educated, you want to switch to Aristocracy to have more legitimacy, and keep pushing forwards. Eventually, when over 75% of your population is very educated and well versed in political and economic subjects, that means they are mature enough to have the power and you can finally switch to a Democracy.

I feel like most first world nations were at the Democratic level, but things have been getting messy lately with the SJWs/Feminism/Commies uprise, so I don't know anymore if even those first world nations are fit for democracy. However, Brazil is definitely not at democracy level and urgently needs to either swallow a redpill all at once or go back to monarchy and do their baby steps.

Not sure if I am talking nonsense here. Maybe there is some author that wrote the same thing and I simply haven't read it yet.

I don't know why the fuck they are trying to keep trains a thing. Here on Oahu we have a rail being built that only covers 20 MILES. They projected the rail would cost around 3 billion dollars, initially. Now it's up to 8 billion and they will probably add more. It's a huge fucking shit show. People on Oahu are to fucking stupid to vote in there best interests. Literally do liberal and stupid to think for themselves.

It's literally a fucking scam from the transportation industry giving their buddies government contracts. The same thing that happened to the QLINE in Detroit. They knew Detroit couldn't afford to fix up the fucking rail. The construction started in 2013. Why the fuck would they think DETROIT HAD THE MONEY TO BUILD A FUCKING RAIL IN 2013. If you bother to look it up you can see just how obvious it was they didn't know what the fuck they were doing and screwed Detroit over.

It's fucking enraging.