Why do celebrities pretend to care?

Why do celebrities pretend to care?

makes them feel like good people

Time to let you in on a little Hollywood secret.

95% of producers and 90% of directors are lefty scum.

In order for you to keep your job you have too appear the same, I work as a DP and even I fall victim to their bias.

If you disagree with their stupid world view, you lose out on work.

So these actors have to appear like they are holier than thou, as part of the biggest Virtue Signaling circle jerk in the world. Just to make sure they keep getting work.

well, if they are helping is good, even if its just to promote themself, all help is good.

it makes them feel like real humans

For the attention, you fucking idiot.

PR reasons. If they do something, anything seen as a good deed they get goodboy points by the public. They involve themselves just enough to brand their name on something but not enough to take blame for any bullshit. See Oprah's school for girls with all the sex scandals in Africa.

Maybe they want to give back, since they got ahead in life? Something called compassion?

Why would you want to help negroes ?

That or tax breaks and PR.

I think you're confusing celebrities with presidents.

This....

Is actually the biggest bullshit reply i have EVER seen in my 69 years on Sup Forums.

hey rich american joe! can you pose nex a me?.
>of course!

How about some money for food?
>fuck no

Just because you have none, doesn't mean others do not.

If they can use their added visibility to try and make the world a little bit better than it was before, then good for them. If they pressure their coworkers who disagree with them into doing the same, even better.

The rage I always see from right wingers in the business about how their lefty coworkers bully them into acting decently gives me such a hard on, especially after considering the fact that it’s republicans, not democrats, who keep electing celebrities (few that they have) into office.

I just came.

Because California totally didn’t elect the fucking terminator as their governor

Assuage guilt over immensely privileged existence, duh. Imagine everywhere you go people say they love you and you get everything you want when you want it. Never ending attention and admiration. Probably gets old, probably gets annoying, probably you feel like you don't deserve it. Doing work and being like an activist makes you feel like less of a piece of shit.

Exactly my point. He’s a Republican. So was sonny bono. So was Ronald Reagan. All California Republicans.

which one are you?

/thread

I completely believe this

>implying GOP is the only party that caters to wealthy

>implying GOP voters only vote out of racism

>implying democrat voters aren't racist

so you're the one on the left

Nigga, go home.

mosquito nets are apparently the most effective way to save lives per dollar spent. this celeb is actually doing something

No it would appear you're the one "on the left", friendo.