/copalib/ obligatory thread

1 month edition
while we wait, do you know something about Copa Perú?

youtube.com/watch?v=q60m4mPBpyI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I_0NmP4oXaU
youtube.com/watch?v=bY24pizdqeU
youtube.com/watch?v=IDPBFv6pfM4
youtube.com/watch?v=ufGmsOrD0KE
youtube.com/watch?v=PplI6oouYvU
youtube.com/watch?v=0AZ6Y4_MZAk
tunein.com/radio/Universidad-Catolica-v-Petrolero-Yacuiba-may-30-2017-p954112/
youtube.com/watch?v=Bozbx0Cj7yM
youtube.com/watch?v=y85Q_1rVOOo
youtube.com/watch?v=6gFng6El6-I
youtube.com/watch?v=jlkPGqerLlY
tunein.com/radio/Defensor-v-LDU-May-30-2017-p954114/
tunein.com/radio/Patriotas-Boyacá-v-Everton-may-30-2017-p954116/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> Sport Cocoliso
> Atlético Satélite

There's Copa Sudamericana today, too.

yee, cant wait for Huracan's outcome
if they lose, LMAO, getting btfo by a venezuelan team
if they somehow manage to make it, they will probably end up relegated since they can't handle double competition

This is now a Sudamericana thread.

Tuesday:

>U.Catolica (ECU) - Petrolero (BOL) 19:15
>Patriotas (COL) - Everton (CHI) 21:45
>Defensor Sporting (URU) - Liga de Quito (ECU) 21:45

Wednesday:

>Huracán (ARG) - Dep.Anzoátegui (VEN) 19:15
>Sun of Murica (PAR) - Caracas Students (VEN) 19:15
>Yellow Force (ECU) - O´Higgins (CHI) 21:45
>Lima Alliance (PER) - Independiente (ARG) 21:45

Thursday:

>Bolivar (BOL) - Tolima Sports (COL) 19:15
>United Merchants (PER) - Boston River (URU) 19:15
>Dep.Cuenca (ECU) - Oriente Petrolero (BOL) 21:45
>Rionegro Eagles (COL) - Racing (ARG) 21:45

also, predictions? for me it's
> Boston
> O'Higgins
> Indpendiente
> Catolica
> DANZ
> Bolivar
> Everton
> Black River Golden Eagles
> Sol de America
> Oriente Petrolero
> Defensor Sporting

Todays Games:
U Católica - Oriente Petrolero
Defensor Sporting - LDU
Patriotas - Everton

>Boston River
>O'Higgins
>Alianza Lima
>Católica
>Anzoátegui
>Tolima
>Patriotas
>Racing
>Sol de América
>Cuenca
>Danubio

I want Everton de Viña del Mar to win. I think it's the only southamerican team with mexican players

>Danubio

That's Defensor Sporting

Lanus had an old mexican a few months ago, can't tell if he is a benchwarmer or already fucked off

Magallon returned to Mexico by 2017

yes who is the "white" Argentine club to support?
like Gremio but for the Primera División
I want to watch your leagues.

Dock Sud

Guys, rank SA coutnries by how good their clubs are, to me it seems to be like this
Argentina
Brazil
Colombia
Ecuador
Uruguay
Chile
Paraguay
Bolivia
Peru
Venezuela

For me, it's the Patriots.

>chilean clubs above ours
I take that as a personal insult

I got relatives from your country I always root for you

>t. Oscar Cardozo

Why the fuck does Argentina have 30 (thirty) clubs in its Primera Division?

It's really up to which parameters and timespans are you using, you can get a more exact approximation by sorting them in tiers

> Argentina/Brasil
> Colombia/Ecuador/Paraguay
> Uruguay/Chile/
> Bolivia/Uruguay
> Venezuela
Again, this my rank which is dedided slightly towards current performance, so it is pretty debatable

all 30 clubs are elite, simple as that

Tl dr:
> populist gov purchases Primera tv rights
> just then Primera Division is mostly composed by just 3 provinces (states) out of the 24 Argentina has.
> populist gov decides to please a complaint no one expressed
> that think is unfair that the whole country 's taxes pays for a league with just 3 provinces
> they thought it would be cheaper to expand Primera instead of purchase second division TV rights
> they were wrong
> promote 10 teams half season

Everything has been better since then tho and it wasn't actually that bad.

Any matches this mid week?

I like the fact that you returned to a long tournament format. Apertura/Clausura is a terrible meme.

Please root for us today.

Also in a couple years le loco Abreu's son will be playing in 1st division

And now he's a benchwarmer in the second tier or something.
At least Everton has a u-20 NT player and some other good potential players

must really suck to live in a country with Apertura/Clausura
Also, since Copa Libertadores is only once in a year, does the Apertura or the Clausura decide which teams play there and in Copa Sudamericana?

You are mean german-kun. Having double play-offs in Mexico is a memefest. It really is more entertaining than a long league format.

I feel like its very random, I think it makes more sense to have one competition in league (only) format and one cup with a knock-out format
I am already disgusted by the relegation games (16th of Bundesliga against 3rd of 2nd Bundesliga) that were introduced in our league a few years ago, a league is the fairest way to determine the best/worst of the year

Not so sure, here we all can agree that Chivas and Tigres were the two best teams this season, yet if it was league format fucking Tijuana would have won.

In football you need the ability to win consistently in a long term, but you need also the skill to win as a team single important matches. I think play-offs are not a bad way to define the best of the year.

>but you need also the skill to win as a team single important matches
that's true
but don't the play-offs make the league kind of pointless? I mean you only have to reach top 8 and you still have all the chances to win the title

every FA can do whatever they want with the spots they are given, but it mostly is:
- both last two Ap/Cl winners (can be from different seasons) are awarded with Libertadores spots. This is mostly to compensate the fact that, you know, you just one won a pocket sized league.
- all the remaining Libertadores spots and Sudamericana spots are decided by their position in the "season table" which is the aggregate of Apertura+Clausura performances in the "european season" (june-july)

I imagine the champion and runner-up of each tournament qualify to Libertadores, I dunno.
Anyway, only Bolivia, Chile, Colombia and Paraguay still use the Apertura/Clausura in Southamerica, and Chile will drop it the next year. In fact, here in Ecuador we once tried it system for a season, in 2005; never have tried it again ever since.

>I like the fact that you returned to a long tournament format.
It actually still is a single round tournament, in the end we are having our lowest matches per season since the earlies XX

>must really suck to live in a country with Apertura/Clausura

Unlike what a lot of people online said, Argentina in general have always had a serious problem with the attendance. Apertura and Clausura were pushed to increase both attendance income and TV rights money. It worked, which is why a lot of countries ended up with that system, but it has never been seen by the people as the regular system, it's always been considered a deviation from "normal european seasons", at least in Argentina.

wut, I thought the only uruguayans left were Nacional and Boston River. Neat, lifelong /defe/ fan since the 2014 run

tv money is also the reason why every European league has relegation play-offs nowadays
99.9% of German football fans don't even know about the Apertura/Clausura system, and I don't think it would be ever introduced here

Nacional is in Libertadores, Liverpool lost to Fluminense and Danubio almost made a comeback against Sport Recife, only Defensor and Boston River are left in Sudamericana

There is no racial tension here, which means that there is no races associated with certain clubs
But there is still racism, so a lot of people like to address a race they don't like to a club the don't like

Anyway, there is single club where a ethnic group associates themselves to the club, which is (((Atlanta))) and the jewish community. Not even teams that were intended to do that (for spaniard, italians, paraguayans and armenians) managed to keep a single ethnic group attached to them.

STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM

QUITO'S CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY vs YACUIBA'S OILERS
youtube.com/watch?v=I_0NmP4oXaU
youtube.com/watch?v=bY24pizdqeU
youtube.com/watch?v=IDPBFv6pfM4
youtube.com/watch?v=ufGmsOrD0KE
youtube.com/watch?v=PplI6oouYvU
youtube.com/watch?v=0AZ6Y4_MZAk
RADIOS tunein.com/radio/Universidad-Catolica-v-Petrolero-Yacuiba-may-30-2017-p954112/

U Catolica won first leg 3-1 in Bolivia.

Game should be starting in ~20 bings

> it begins

>indocumentado

>no BR teams

nice

youtube.com/watch?v=Bozbx0Cj7yM

Weird, my tv schedule said Catolica (CHI).

Please root for Boston River they're poor but they're going to win Sudamericana

do it for Gard!

la copa libertadores es mi obsesión

I will root for you m8.

Tenes que dejar el alma und die herz

> Rinde2
kek

>deportivo paraguayo will never win a libertadores in your lifetime
>or anyone else's for that matter
Feels bad man, igual yo te sigo a todos lados

anyone watching sudamericana?

Me.

RIP Petrolero

The shitlords are incoming next round

Goddammit, those fucking championships are top tier memes, /copalib/ a best.

Quito already made a goal

Streams:

youtube.com/watch?v=y85Q_1rVOOo
youtube.com/watch?v=6gFng6El6-I

Currently no Patriotas - Everton stream

>La Voz de Maria Radio Live Stream
wut?

FOGO NA BABILONIA

Lol joke, here is Patriotas - Everton stream

youtube.com/watch?v=jlkPGqerLlY

>"Live: Patriotas vs Everto..." Este vídeo ya no está disponible debido a una reclamación de copyright realizada por Fox International Channels (US), Inc. (“Fox”).

> Guayaquil made it in Libertadores
> Quito whooping the floor in Sudamericana

Is it, me animo a decirlo, ecuador's year?

official radio STREAMS STREAMS STREAMS STREAMS STREAMS STREAMS STREAMS STREAMS if you are having troubles with jewtube

DEFENSOR SPORTING vs QUITO'S LEAGUE (not an actual tournament)
tunein.com/radio/Defensor-v-LDU-May-30-2017-p954114/
already 0-1 (first leg 2-2)

PATRIOTS vs EVERTONS
tunein.com/radio/Patriotas-Boyacá-v-Everton-may-30-2017-p954116/
0-0 so far (first leg 1-0)

>Uruguayan champ
>losing to a team in relegation zone
>the defender of sporting

> listening Ecuador's radio
> (...) la Liga ha ganado tan solo un partido oficial en lo que va del año.

holy shit, how?

And relegation play-offs in south america became a thing to try and save the argentinian giants, who were in serious danger of relegation despite playing in a league they basically commanded (it saved Racing and San Lorenzo, werent enough to save River and Independiente).

>no tenes documentos intensifies
Collage, here we go. Also, can someone post the last one? >we brazilians started to make one for the hue league at our shitty chan, but the pic is too big to be posted here.

Yes, only one and against Bootleg River. They would probably get relegated this year along with El Nacional (the other big team @ Quito) if it weren't for a third team that is even shittier than them both.

I'd like to see relegation play-offs in Brasileirao

> Argentina is responsible for most shit things that happens in latam leagues

kinda proud desu

They dont do this in here because we'd see bigger clubs going down much more. Who you think would have gone down in a relegation playoff between Flamengo and Portuguesa in 2013?

>(it saved Racing and San Lorenzo, werent enough to save River and Independiente

Independiente didn't had play-offs, they went down in direct relegation.
Unless you are talking about the average system. It was made after San Lorenzo got relegated and it wasn't enough to save Racing.
Interesting enough, if it weren't for the average system, River and Independiente wouldn't have been relegated in 2011 and 2013

S U D A K I N O
U
D
A
K
I
N
O

What I meant to say is that not even the possibility of play-offs were enough to save Independiente, I know they were relegated directly.

Wait, wouldn't the playoffs be between 17th and 18th of Serie A and 3rd and 4th of Serie B?

Also, I feel bigger clubs would escape a lot more. I could see Vasco avoiding 2 of their relegations with the playoffs.

Also, Fluminense would've gone down, they were Internacional-tier in that year.

how big is the gap between seria a and b?

how long do you think it's gonna take before the uruguayan rant-poster appears?

thanks satan

It's hard to measure it, but I feel like Serie B's top 10 teams aren't much worse than A's bottom 10. Most teams that get promoted are relegated the following year, being promoted again after some time. There's a good number of teams in this promotion-relegation merry-go-round.

Oh yeah, I accidentally everything.

Possibly the smallest gap of all south american leagues, especially when you compare the top 10 in série B with the bottom 10 in série A. And there are a lot of traditional clubs with big fanbases on série B, and thats not even mentioning the big clubs that are getting relegated every season (we had one of the big 12 going down for every season since 2012, the last one being Internacional).

>it wasn't enough to save Racing.
Racing was relegated BECAUSE of the average system. Without the average system, it would have never been relegated.

The average system saved River, purposefully.

cancer, que vuelva Huracan Buceo

What are the chances of a big argie going down again in the near future? It seems like they all got back on their feet and are doing reasonably fine after Independiente got relegated and San Lorenzo almost went down again.

pretty low, unless you consider huracan a grande

Velez is gonna have some really hard years until 2019 if they don't get their shit together.

brazzies have never thought about expanding Serie A? not like the clusterfuck that is argentina right now, but you know, something like 22-24 teams. I mean teams like Paysandu, Guarani, Parana, Goias, Criciuma, America seem like really decent teams for Serie a's bottom sides. And with the amount of Libertadores and Sudamericana spots you pour in Brasileirao, it should be enough to keep the competition interesting. Also you are relegating 20% of your league every year. .

South america /trans/ - I should be studying edition:

>nicolás burdisso's manager has stated that the time for the defender to return to boca juniors has passed, after the centerback was released from genoa

Another player to dismiss a Boca return was Rodrigo Palacio, who signed with Genoa after being released from Inter.

>racing club striker lautaro martinez is close to complete a move to portuguese side fc porto, according to portuguese media. the argie club's prez said he will only sell him if they pay his 12 million euros release clause

Velez Sarsfield have 10 (ten) players going out of contract after the end of their terrible season, and only five of them are set for renovation talks, including Mariano Pavone (that one) and Burrito Martinez (that other one). Hector Canteros is one of the players set to leave.

>sporting wants to sign rosario central midfielder mauricio martinez, and could use teo gutierrez as part of the deal. they see martinez as a good alternative for william carvalho, wanted by several european clubs

Star playmaker Éverton Ribeiro has already said goodbye to his friends and teammates in Al-Ahli, and looks set to a return to hue league to play for Flamengo. The deal is estimated to be around 5 million euros, with the player earning around 250k dollars a month (800k brazilian monies).

>another player wanted by flamengo is former santos winger geuvânio, plying his trade in china. they want to sign him on loan paying only part of his huge wages, similar to what they've done on the dario conca deal

RIP Defensor, Patriotas and Everton on penalties

CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT CHIMPOUT

What do you lads think of Yangel Herrera? Is he better than Penaranda?

No space to expansion on calendar. Also BR Championship had more than 24 clubs until 2004 with rare exceptions (but with different formulas). 1979, for example, had 96 clubs playing the championship.

thanks Brasil, keep the info coming as you please

DALE NEGRO CULIAO WENO PAL MOVO AWEONAO NACISTE POR EL CHICOBPERKIN

Your Apertura winner just choked against a team that is second to last here in Ecuador, I hope you're proud.

> NEVERTON

>PATRIOTS IN
FUCK YEAH

based patriotas