youtube.com/watch?v=OMa9iVObGQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

but that's not Vasco de Gama or Ferdinand Magellan

uhm no....

>implying

No Vasco Da Gama is

*high fives you*

seems like cr7 is getting dangerously close to a "footy lad" look to me

oh wow isn't this the guy that raped that woman and then paid her thousands to avoid charges?

lmao the most famous portuguese is a rapist

yes, he is straight, yes.

But did he ever have a pigs head thrown at him on the field?

His grease hair was better than whatever this is.

I know who these people are. I learned about them in school

Actually, Jesus was Portuguese, I saw it on History channel.

you're mad like if she was your mom or something.

Faggots aren't men.

you're mad like if he was your bf or something

most people do desu

/thread

yes true. Jesus was the first king of Moortugal

Vasco da Gama is popular now because of football, ironically

christ

uruguay confirmed for fedora

the average normie probably thinks they're spaniards or italians

even ronaldo is in awe of ronaldo

Magellan is the must known, even for the biggest normie

>Preacher
Fucking kek, thanks, Jewgle

Yeah, it should have been "Rabbi"

Funny that we don't talk that much about Magellan, at least compared to Vasco da Gama and other portuguese navigators.
Perhaps because he accomplished his stuff under the spanish banner.

Belarus?

>Magellan
>first circumnavigation of the Earth

you basically can not leave middle school without knowing this

Jesus is the son of God, not a preacher, my halal friend

yes, but do they have to know his nationality?

In Croatia you have to. Not sure about the rest.

But you are right, a lot of people might think that he is Spaniard or Italian.

What an Empire you two had... Too bad got cucked by England

jesus BTFO

We learn about him in middle school, of course.
But other figures like Vasco da Gama, Henry the Navigator or Pedro Álvares Cabral get more spotlight than Magellan.
And tbf at that time their accomplishments were far more important for us than Magellan's, which didn't have a lot of impact in our history.

I don't think neuer and oblak are women

wtf! They aren't Spanish?

Given our shortage of manpower, it was pretty impressive. That and the kebab removal in the middle ages.

I guess we feel melancholic now because we are a shadow of our ancestors.

WE WUZ EXPLORERS

Reminder that we would have probably get an Empire as big as the British one IF we had conqeured and ethinic cleaned Castille and the rest of the Peninsula

Also reminder that the only reason we are independent nowadays and Galicia, Basque Country and Catalonia aren't is because we had colonies and they haven't. And solely for that

*sad in portuguese*

youtube.com/watch?v=Qotooj7ODCM

btw you have won Euro and Eurovision in less than a year time span, cheer up a bit

At least you have pepes

Both him and Columbus did their thing under the Spanish flag.
Both, and this is documented, asked the Portuguese crown to finance their endeavors, both were denied.
Rightfully so, both of those enterprises failed to bring back profit or notoriety to the Spanish crown.
Back then we were much more savvy.

We still are. Jorge Mendes, Pinto da Costa, Vieira and the other merchants are they descendants

>you will never be a 1400s peasant being sent to the new world and get to brazil, see wild amazonian women and have 40 person orgies with them
>you're now a neet loser spending 16 hours a day in his room visiting the same 3-4 websites each day and have no gf

>you will never be a 1400s peasant being sent to the new world and get to brazil

Brazil was officially discovered in 1500, and wasn't properly colorized until much later

>not going with your nubile daughter to breed a pure master race

I'd probably just die of scurvy along the way and never get to plant my barbosa seed in those qt kuruminhas.

top kek reference

I will never see that film until the day I make my own version of Based Aguirre's story, with a proper Hispanic Aguirre sending letters to King Philip II saying he was a pussy next to his father

Screencap thiss

Saved

>Ferdinand Magellan

Fernão Magalhães please

dont be sad, at least you still have some money thanks to those brave man

Thanks, based Spainbro

Now await 25 -30 years

That should be enough, hopefully

Guess how a Greek must feel then

Yes, but not for the crown. There is no crown.
But it's true. There are alot of Portuguese influent people. The CEO of Peugeot-Citroen is Portuguese. The secretary-general of the UN is Portuguese.
Comparing to similar country, Czech Rep.
Same pop. More or less the same econ power.
How many Czechs can you name?
Peter Czech?
It's not just football.

I'll wait

Imagine going from the filthy europeans whores to the clean and tight indians. Lads must have thought they were in heaven.

Kafka? Dvorak?

Thanks, Spainbro.

If I fail to make the movie due to lack of funds or patience, I will, at the very least, try to write a book about Aguirre. A dramatization, like Blood Meridian

You can also screencap this

>Václav Havel
>A lot of footballers
>Franz Kafka
>Milan Kundera

Saved, i'll wait

>not mentioning Valter Hugo Mãe, Paulo Branco e Manoel de Oliveira

Get your shit together, 'gal

Thanks, hrvatskibro.

We had hopes of winning the Euros sooner or later, after the 2000, 2004 and 2012 campaigns. Although 2016 didn't generate much hype among us until the knock-out stages. I only believed we had chances of winning it after Eder's goal lmao.

As for Salvador, not sure of what's more surprising. Winning at all or gathering all those points from every region of Europe.
We used to send songs as good or better than that in eurovision's glorious days and we were always shat upon. I guess yuros didn't like us at the time.
This song is an old classic in portuguese music and only got 1 point in that year's contest ;_;
youtube.com/watch?v=3EWerGTtyEg

>went to his hotel room and had sex with him
>rape

>Implying it's not Diogo Infante
>Implying it's not Camões
>Implying it's not Salazar
>Implying it's not Afonso Henriques
>Implying it's not Alberto Barbosa
>Implying it's not the portuguese DBZ Dub

Get on my level you dirty gerry. Fucking jew cunts.

>implying it's not Fernando Mendes
youtube.com/watch?v=OMa9iVObGQc

> portuguese DBZ dub

GT DRAGON BALL GT GUERREIRO

Alberto Barbosa is the only one of those I've heard of.

hello, reddit

t. Alberto Barbosa

fuck off, the "espetaculo" meme is older than reddit itself

doesn't belong to those sissies

Of course Ronaldo will be Googled more often now he's popular and always in the news

Odell Beckham Jr is the most googled American athlete right now, would you say he's more famous than George Washington because of that?

>Magellan
what did Belaruse mean by this?

His dentist should get a nobel prize. Those veneers are stellar looking.

Yes

>1965
>Estado Novo
What did you expect. Anyhow, Simone is overrated

Saying modern Greece has strong ties to Ancient Greece is more invalid than saying Italy has strong ties to Ancient Rome, and that's already pretty invalid

once in school I got a B for an exam and then the teacher asked a question and I answered "Magellan" and then he moved it to an A
good times

they weren't peasants, they were usually from noble families but as the seventh or eighth son they weren't gonna inherit shit so they had to make their own way

Why do Jordan and Washington have synchronized spikes?

Mendes would have been the GOAT slave trader

don't worry mane, we still like you

come to goa anytime

Kek. You're lucky you got independence from Castille in the first place

wooooooo

>win battles
>convince the Pope
>lucky

Anyhow the County of Portugal (later of Portugal and Galiza) was autonomous since the beginning although subservient to Leon. Castille doesn't enter the math here

You're lucky in that the retards of the middle ages thought Gavelkind succession was a good idea

Are those type of glasses still "inn" in Europe?? They truly are ugly as fuck

Vímara Peres wasn't the son of any king. Anyhow with that logic we can say there was a risk in proclaiming other nobleman as viceroy of India etc.

How else were you supposed to administer? Even more so with the Reconquista in process

simultaneity doesn't necessarily imply correlation.

>Vímara Peres
He was just a count, a vassal. The division and later independence didn't come until Garcia II and then later Afonso Henriques.
>How else were you supposed to administer?
If you have a very large threat then rather than dividing your land and causing fighting among your family it's probably better to give it all to one person

>Vasco de Gay

De Gama yes but wtf is magellan

>He was just a count
Sure but that's when the county that had some autonomy starts. This is the only part that you could argue that comes from gavelkind - the original point.
>Afonso Henriques
Which, even more explicitly, was the son of Teresa (with whom he then battles!) who rebelled to Leon and Henry who was from the House of Burgundy

>If you have a very large threat then rather than dividing your land and causing fighting among your family it's probably better to give it all to one person
Thing is I don't think Asturias was all that powerful. For some reason Henry is from France, e.g.

E foi o Éder que os fodeu !

It was Éder that fucking fucked thoose French wankers !

The "large threat" I was referring to was the Muslims