youtube.com/watch?v=caB5RoaBvsI#t=494
youtube.com/watch?v=sNNKLZShLRw
youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8
youtube.com/watch?v=71adkeBp8nU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>fucking up your first US tour by unknowingly snorting crystal meth
fucking chavs

youtube.com/watch?v=E4oR7bv9kF0

for the duration of their peformance of this song, they were undeniably the greatest rock band on planet earth
above and beyond almost everything

>violent, bickering manc trash try to mimic the beatles but end up writing a bunch of florid, nonsense songs with deep, heaving 90s guitars

i love oasis.

Oasis pretty much defines the 90s, much more than any other band (including Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc).

Of course, you'd have to be alive during the 90s to realize this, so must kids wont.

>tfw to intelligent to like only oasis or only blur so i liked them both

oasis were always more slade and status quo than the beatles

The "oasis was huge back in the day" meme needs to die.

they never had more than one charting single in America and three in the UK
they never played a concert to 250,000 people in which over 2 million applied for tickets.
they were never front page news.
they never broke any sales records.
they were never critically acclaimed.
nobody ever liked or cared about them.
they aren't even real a "rock" band, just major label manufactured product. even calling them soft rock is a stretch. they're nothing but the most effeminate acoustic pop, just shitty whiney twee ballads that only appeal to 8 year old girls, homosexuals, and pussy nu-males.

Wonderwall, their only geniune hit, is literally the shittiest song of all time
>lyrics are complete nonsense shit and repeated over and over again
>easy as fuck to sing but singer still sounds awful
>2 chords over and over
>bassline is just the root note of chord and nothing else
>drums are just simple 4/4 kick-snare pattern
>no other musical instruments present in the song
>ripped off of a 50s hit and stylized it to sound like the beatles

Oasis are an affront to music. Prove me wrong.

I'm feeling supersonic, give me gin & tonic...

Hey mate. Fuck you.

I was there. I was at Knebworth. Front fucking row. I heard them all. The hits. They were played. Rock n Roll Star. Slide Fucking Away. Don't Look Back in Anger. Champagne Supernova. The list goes fucking on, mate.

Now some fucking morons on Sup Forums want to rewrite history? Fuck that. I bet they've never even listened to the Stone Roses!

Fuk u mate. Oasis were the best. Shame you're not madferit.

why do music documentaries these days feel the need to literally represent nearly every word on-screen with shitty animation?

in this case it was because there was no video footage of it

fuck off pensioner

I prefer Sup Forums memery over this nonsense
How do you write such long posts without saying anything of merit
Is this standard on Sup Forums?

Wonderwall is literally the only true oasis hit.

Hello
Columbia
Supersonic
Cigarettes & Alcohol

Two of those weren't even singles.
Supersonic barely went Top 40 in the UK and Cigarettes and Alcohol didn't even chart in the states.

what was their drummer's name? didn't he start his own fan club, the something-army? does anyone have that picture of him framed by those two middle-aged slags where he obviously resents being there?

No

Oasis had a load of UK number ones. Not sure why you think the US charts are relevant.

it's a Sup Forums meme that oasis weren't popular and only had one hit

shit meme, t b h

They had several, you're probably thinking of Alan White.

Well who the fuck cares about british charts? if you can't have more than one top 40 american hit, you're basically a one hit wonder in the most influential cultural center of the world

nah it's bonehead's barmy army

I always thought Bonehead was the most manc looking one.

COS MAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEE

fuck you brah i loved oasis

He was a qt before he lost his hair and got fat

this t b q h familia

Lazy bait. Go on Wikipedia and check out some charts, some record sales numbers and stadium concert statistics. Then check out NME scans from the 90s after (WtS)MG came out. Oh also while you're at it, go fuck yourself.

All your dreams are made when you're chained to the mirror and the razorblade, motherfucker.

>Go on Wikipedia and check out some charts
Right. But let's be real, how many of their number 1 singles do you think the general British public actually remembers?

Also, America is the only chart that counts.

>America is the only chart that counts

Nah.

>How many British public actually remembers?

Dude, I really hope you're baiting. Either read up on this shit or stop voicing your opinions as facts or in the form or rhetorical questions just to prove you're making a point. Gallaghers are basically royalty in the UK at this point and everyone knows Champagne Supernova, Don't look back, Supersonic, Importance of being idle, C&A, Live Forever, Slide away, etc. I can go on but I don't think you're here to learn. So why waste my time more than I already have...

Say what you want about Liam Gallagher, but he's probably the last true rockstar of our generation. He's still the same person as he was back in the 90s. He's always being true to himself and isn't afraid to speak his mind. When you listen to his interviews, you know he is honest and speaking from his heart. No bullshitting, no sugar-coating, no beating around the bush, just straight to the point. That's the reason why I admire Liam.

Noel has the greatest rock and roll hair ever. This is a fact, americucks on suicide watch

>an affront to music

>Oasis never made an impact in America
>Live Forever, Wonderwall, Champagne Superonova, Don't Look Back in Anger, D'You Know What I Mean, and Don't Go Away, all went Top 40 in the US.
>All the aforementioned songs as well as "Supersonic", "Morning Glory", "All Around The World", "Acquiesce", "Rock n Roll Star" and "Go Let it Out" charted mostly in the Top 40, if not Top 20 for Alternative/Modern Rock radio station airplay as well between 1994 and 2000 (as did later singles "Lyla" and "The Shock of the Lightning")
>Oasis were playing arenas at the height of their fame in the US and managed to play Madison Square Garden in 2005
>three Top 5 albums in America
>Definitely Maybe and Be Here Now went platinum, What's the Story went 4x Platinum, ~8 million total album sales in the US

Yea. I agree. Love his attitude toward rock n roll. He's absolutely right when he calls all current bands faggots and uninteresting.

Based autistic Noel
youtube.com/watch?v=caB5RoaBvsI#t=494

oasis is trash... LE WONDERWALL BAND XDD

- Sup Forums

In what way? Like spirit or attitude or something? I would imagine they define the 90s for the UK and a lot of European countries. I doubt many Americans would agree. But I was born in 92 so I admit I don't really know.

Pick up any brit mag from '92 to '99.
>all Noel, Liam, & the bloke from Blur

even after the backlash from be here now and their decline in popularity, oasis still had a bunch of number 1 singles and albums in the 2000s

Right, like I said, I'm sure they defined the 90s for the UK and maybe some other countries. But I doubt that stands for countries like America.

No, while they were pretty huge in America for a period of time, they weren't decade defining artists.

>Right, like I said, I'm sure they defined the 90s for the UK and maybe some other countries. But I doubt that stands for countries like America.

It doesn't, in the USA. Here, most people think they were a shitty Beatles knockoff. And they were.

The world doesn't revolve around your shitty little island buddy. Ask any American who grew up in the 90s who defined their youth between
Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Oasis and almost nobody would pick Oasis.

I think you forgot a band...

>tfw american anglophile
>tfw tower records couldn't keep the 8 or so different brittish magazines on the shelf
>tfw live in a major city
They were every bit as big as Kanye is now.

R E O S P E E D W A G O N

>Here, most people think they were a shitty Beatles knockoff. And they were.
Nigga if you listened to Oasis beyond Wonderwall and Don't Look Back in Anger, you'd realize they sound nothing like the Beatles for the most part.

>grew up in the '90's
That's me, & I listened to all those bands and more.
So did everyone else because, no internet.

>how many of their number 1 singles do you think the general British public actually remembers?

Everyone would know:
>Wonderwall
>Don't Look Back in Anger
>Champagne Supernova
>Supersonic
>Live Forever
>Morning Glory

Majority would know:
>Acquiesce
>Slide Away
>Stand By Me
>Slide Away

I Put Slide Away twice. Replace one of them with Cigarettes & Alcohol

Ok, but only only one of those songs went number 1 in the uk and 4 weren't even released as singles there.

The world doesn't revolve around America. We're talking about a British band, of course Britain is the measuring stick of their popularity.

pretty epic

The poster was saying that Oasis defined the 90s more than Pearl Jam or Nirvana. My point is that while that might be true in the UK and a lot of other countries it sure isn't true in America.

And it was an especially stupid statement considering he was comparing a band that was huge in Britain to two bands that were huge in America.

He was such a shitty singer

One of the best Rock vocalists in his prime. Truly John Lennon meets John Lydon.

yes it does actually

Well of course Oasis are going to be more relevant to most Brits and Nirvana to most Americans. That goes without saying.

Maybe he's Australian or something?

But thy DID define the 90s more than those two bands. Just because America became obsessed with depression and sorrow didn't mean the whole world joined in ya dumb yank fuck.

Where did it all go wrong?

>Spring 1994
"Live Forever" demo recorded live in studio
youtube.com/watch?v=sNNKLZShLRw
>January 1996
"Live Forever" at the 53:00 mark, voice gives out at 54:00
>March 2006
Even after getting vocal chord surgery, vocal coaching, singing only easier songs and lowering the keys, and letting Noel sing more lead vocals to try to preserve what was left of his voice, this was the best he could do:
youtube.com/watch?v=71adkeBp8nU

>the following year Liam ruptured his vocal chords while performing Live Forever because of his stance (looking upwards to the mic and shouting). After extensive surgeries and therapies his voice was never the same

Live Forever starts at 52:50
Liam blows out his voice at 54:05 prompting Noel to take over

But they didn't. British people don't have the same influence on Western culture that Americans do; we're superior so we decide the trends. Americans decided that Nirvana defined the 90s, so Nirvana defined the 90s to everybody who wasn't living on a rainy inbred shitrock.

Go make this thread again on

Yeah. He blew out his voice regularly even as early as 1994 and each time it got more and more damaged. His voice at Knebworth in August 1996 was awful. Nasally as fuck because he couldn't sing properly.

By the 1998 leg of the Be Here Now tour, he had developed full on vocal nodules but refused to get them treated at the time. His live (and studio) voice was never the same after that. His range completely shrunk, his tonality more deep and gravelly, and he lost all the power he used to have to actually hold notes longer than two seconds.

MADFERIT

I always thought these guys were whiny faggots, I never realized they were just a bunch of dumb-as-rocks mic methheads.

>I watched a documentary whose crude gimmicky editing and visual effects touched me emotionally and now wtf i love oasis
itt millennial faggots who never rocked

wonderwall is absolute ass, even live forever is better than that shit