When did it become acceptable for people to wear band t-shirts without ever even having listened to the band or knowing...

When did it become acceptable for people to wear band t-shirts without ever even having listened to the band or knowing a single one of their songs? It's usually women that do this but I've seen guys doing it too.

Basically half the people you see wearing Nirvana, Ramones, Misfits, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc. probably couldn't even name a single album by those bands. It makes me very upset tbqh.

>When did it become acceptable for people to wear band t-shirts?

ftfy

I once served a woman wearing a Rolling Stones shirt. She didn't know it was a band. She had never heard their songs.

Because trap rappers started wearing it so normies started copying it because it's edgy and cool.

I saw a picture of Kendall Jenner wearing a Slayer T shirts and I wanted to gauge my eyes out

It's just a piece of clothing man what the fuck's your problem. My dad gave me his sigur ros t-shirt when he got too fat to wear it, can I just fucking go about my day in peace without some dipshits judjing me for some dipshit arbitrary reasons

It's clothes. Everyone cares about having something to wear but not everyone cares about music.

>can I just fucking go about my day in peace without some dipshits judjing me for some dipshit arbitrary reasons

No. I would bully you to death if I caught you wearing a Sigur Rós t-shirt and it turned out you didn't actually know anything about the band.

Your dad seems like a cool guy, though, so I'd probably have a beer with him after your suicide.

Fashion.
People see famous people wearing them and they're like "oooh I want to look as cool as they do so I'll buy this band t-shirt because then I'm cool too"... and that's pretty much it.

>When did it become acceptable

Since the 60's. Not really anything new.

When the fuck did it become acceptable for ugly, overweight basement nerds to tell other people what to wear? You shouldn't even be allowed to wear clothes, pulling them over your lumpen shape ruins their aesthetic value, just wear a fucking burlap sack, one that covers your face, you can balance the fedora on top.

My dad's too cool for you nerd, he has a band and plays a trumpet, so no time for internet dweebs.
Also don't expect to outbully the bully

I called out a girl for doing this shit like two weeks ago, in front of a group of people. She started crying when they joined it. Probably ruined her whole fucking day, felt absolutely amazing.

I bet some of them don't even know they are band t-shirts

and then everybody in the movie theater stood up and clapped

They’re called posers man and they aren’t going anywhere.

>ainnnnnnnn dont tell me what to wearrrr
I hurt your feeelings?

No, you hurt my brain with your stupidity.

You are clearly butthurt, faggot

lol that guy that replied wasn't even me
show me your fedora and graphic shirt with baggy jeans fit

I will show you my dick

by all means, post your pathetic dick

No thanks

wow what a surprise, faggot cant even deliver

wow ur a dick congrats

try harder

you should be telling that to your penis

What? He is a hero.

m8 if you really want to see penis on the internet there's plenty of places to go

No thanks

it's just typical of you dweebs, promise something then back down because you're too much of a pussy

I've worn shirts for bands I don't even like just because I liked the shirt (I've always listened to the band I wear but that doesn't mean I like them)

I didn´t promise anything

Kill yourself

you said you'd show me your dick
where is it

Wrong Quote

I was kidding. You don´t have sense of humor?

i'm deathly serious when it comes to dick

great thread guys

You are a dick expert?

more of a hobbyist

WHILE this makes me very upset I have to admit I've bought a Pearl Jam shirt when I was young and stupid. I think I was like 12 or 13 and it had a giant Surfer dude on it. I really liked the art style and it only had a tiny text that read "Pearl Jam". So I purchased the shirt but I wondered what Pearl Jam is and looked it up. I was way into Nirvana, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees and what not at the time so I don't know why I wasn't fully aware of Pearl Jam. I might have heard it once but I forgot. Anyways turns out I really liked Pearl Jam and I would get their albums only because I was a stupid kid who liked art work on a shirt.
I've tried to find it online but I can't find it. It's a surfer that looks A LOT like Rat Fink (that's why I've bought it in the first place. I knew Rat Fink). He is green, his spiky ears and orange hair. He surfs upside down with his feet in the air holding onto the board with his hands.

but that's nirvana's flyest shirt tbqh

>usually women
Prove it, chauvinist.