What if the sun emitted cold?

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2017-02-astronomers-black-hole-cold-star-making.html
phys.org/news/2016-09-cold-black-holes.html
arstechnica.com/science/2013/01/scientists-create-negative-temperature-system/
quora.com/Do-black-holes-absorb-entropy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

earth is kill

you do know your picture would represent the sun being hotter, right?

it would basically be a ball of "liquid" gas

Brrrr... then we'd hop under the covers to get toasty!

>What if the sun emitted cold?

You'd be in another universe.
Stay there.

There would be no niggers.

Then the lions would attack during the day when the sun is trying to stay warm.

Then it would break physics
See

Thank you!!!!!!
Someone who understands wavelength and shit!

The sun would emit light with frequency less than infrared aka it would be pitch black

hey dumbass, blue stars are a product of cold fusion, therefore, they are cold

neil degrasse tyson the thread

You wouldn't be around to ask such a stupid question!

yes but stupid questions might produce interesting phylosical ideas

newfags falling for ancient copypasta

you niggers are always "Uh uh, I miss the old Sup Forums" then somebody posts some shit form the old Sup Forums and you niggers are like "Uh, this is an old meme."

if this is true, then do what you must, i accept your blows. Break my jaw; eviscerate my nose.

not even black holes do that

there is no such thing as cold only absense of heat. so to rephrase your question with that in mind its the same as "what if there was no sun warmth", but then we'd have to define what sunlight would be in that scenario, or if we just generalize to "what if theres no sun".

Anyway, earth is quite good in preserving heat (we're partly at fault for that) so earth would steadily start dropping its average temperature. Within a week it would be below 0°F/-18°C. After a year we'd be at -100°F/-73°C and by then most of earths surface would be frozen. Although deep waters will never freeze, the atmosphere eventually will, causing it to fall to earth and expose it to strong cosmoc radiation. Everything that isnt dead by then would probably die at this point.

Depending on whether we remove the sunlight too in this thought experiment it would also stop photosynthesis, causing all plants and all animals that depend on plants to die in the early stages already.

But either way, shit wouldn't be lookin good for life on earth as sooner or later everything would die one way or another.

well we would have no need for the phrase "Winter is coming!"

id argue that life would provail even if earth floated into deep space. There are creatures that recieve energy solely from plumes of gas on the bottom of the ocean meaning they dont even know the sun exists

explain ice
checkmate

You can't emit cold. You would only be able to take away nearby heat

Would it get hot during the night time?

do you know how physics work you dumb kyke? Cold can’t be emitted cold is heat being dispersed

OP's picture is depicting the sun emitting cold therefore the lava on the surface would be blue.

>what if it did
>IT CAN'T
Hurrrrrrr

Black holes are basically gigantic cold stars, although they don't emit cold because that makes no sense. They absorb entropy though, so kinda the same thing.

That'd be cool.

Oh yeah

And don't forget diamond is the hardest metal known to human being

you crammed so much wrong into so little text

next to me

Kill yourself lol

No, I didn't. Physics major. Kill yourself you uneducated faggot.

Is that what your sun emits in the far Andromeda galaxy? Your nucleur fusion frost sun which birthed a race of sentient cold blooded repitlian people

ice is being compressed by earths atmosphere therefore the blue water forms solid lattice crystals. A blue sun would be hot because there is no atmosphere in space except for earths

You fucking nigger:
phys.org/news/2017-02-astronomers-black-hole-cold-star-making.html

>physics major
>says entropy can be "absorbed"
>says black holes are cold even though smaller black holes radiate so much energy that they are some of the hottest objects in the universe

The entropy of a black hole is determined by its mass. Ergo the more mass it absorbs, the more entropy it has. Kill yourself you fucking nigger.

thanks
I learned a science today

All this nerd rage!!

phys.org/news/2016-09-cold-black-holes.html
>The temperature of the black hole is inversely proportional to the mass of the black hole and the size of the event horizon.

except the fucking thing regulating their temperature you jackass

the hardest metal know to humans is black sabbath

so entropy increases because mass is absorbed. entropy cannot be absorbed cause thats retarded

>cold is a lack of heat
>nothing can "emit" cold

umm, no. the vents give off the heat. the amount of energy that the sun gives off that reaches the bottom of the ocean is next to none

Yes, it can.
arstechnica.com/science/2013/01/scientists-create-negative-temperature-system/

what like the vents in your house? the ocean and everything else would be frozen fucking solid if the sun didn't exist dummy

The sun is fake and the earth is flat.

*absorbs ur entropy*
what now kid?

it literally says nothing about entropy being absorbed in that article

Damn, this is an old copypasta. Props to you op

last time i checked with my cheque book, this is actually correct

How high are you right now? Dude, what if water was dry!

>Because negative temperature systems can absorb entropy while releasing energy

Jesus

You must be an engineer bound by thinking entropy is only S = k ln Ω. So if you're measuring the number of accessible microscopic states, what causes a system to change it's entropy? Since the system can't absorb entropy according to your lizard brain, you have to remeasure the system at some later time to see Ω changed. So what did you measure? You would have seen information flow into the system. Does information have entropy? Why yes it does. And what happened to that flow? Was it absorbed?

You are a fucking retard.

noice 1

>doesn't know the difference between lava, ice and plasma suns
do you even science much faggot

all would be well, instead of using heat, life on earth would use cold to function

thats a flimsy arguement. just cause something can increase its entropy and add no mass doesnt mean 100% that entropy is "absorbed" because entropy is not a physical object but a state

What's going on in this thread?

I'll say fair enough because entropy is a measurement. This whole debate is making me think about the mapping of entropy to the physical quantities measured to get a number.

I find it interesting that the physicist here says yes while the programmer here says no:
quora.com/Do-black-holes-absorb-entropy

Sorry for calling you a nigger. I like this debate

apology accepted.

Your a cutie

Hey no racism :(

Cold cant be emitted. Cold is the absence of warmth.

OP also believes air conditioning emits cold air.

Hey guys vsause here. I would like to talk to you about black holes. You see black holes can actually be used as euphemisms for asshole. Take your mums asshole for instance. It's gape reaches across the galaxies. Galaxies are actually a collection of a bunch of stars. Collection coming from Latin word collectus meaning "to collect". You know what else is fun to collect? Stamps. Originated in England they actually were first used in France by Napoleon to order mail brides from Russia. In Russian empire there are these things called babushkas. They are dolls with many layers, each containing a smaller version of itself. According to a new study, the universe could also be made up of such layers. In one layer I could be cock juggling clown having a cock for a penis and you could be straight. But how do we define straight? What Is a line in mathematics? A line goes on forever. Forever is a wonderful concept which is difficult to graps with out tiny brains. According to new research from neuroscience your brain is actually finite. But accoriding to an ancient Greek philosopher. If you were to spank me, you could never actually do it, since your hadn has to travel hakf the way to my voluptuous bottom, and then a fourth and an eight, and so on. Speaking of Greece did you know that they had a steady decline in culture and economy for the past few thousands years, culminating in the poverty that they live in now. Did you know that povery actually originated in the ancient Mesopotamia? It was invented by the aristocracy to keep the man down and impose obedience. Aristocracy did a lot of weird shit. Such has proclaiming themselves to be gods in ancient Egypt and in doing some force themselves to mate with each other, since they couldn't mate with normies, in doing so inventing incest. Inventing was invented in England during the industrial age, and it gave birth to the computers which run on Quantum Mechanics. Quantum luctuations are what gave birth to black holes.

This.

Thats the moons job, it creates all the cold air during the day, hence why its always colder after full moons.

Because it does