Is starting over in life mid 30s ridiculous. Or do I suffer the next 50 years just to avoid being a degenerate

Is starting over in life mid 30s ridiculous. Or do I suffer the next 50 years just to avoid being a degenerate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w_1kQ_MUeuA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FPBP
:)

Start over anytime in your life. Its your life and you get the one shot at it.

just do whatever you want

It involves leaving my wife to chase the 20 year old

Start over. I'm 32 and three weeks into starting over myself. Been on Sup Forums for three weeks... Shit fucking cuck maybe we should an hero

Well starting this thread wasn't exactly a great start

Yummy

Maybe. I hate my life as is. But met an amazing and highly sexual woman that wants what I want. I just feel like I'm doing the stupid thing. But otherwise I am just going to end up an alcoholic.

I'm 31 and trying to figure out how to do it. I'm a foreveralone NEET with no skills, talents or good fortune. I have no way to get a car, no way to get a job, and as far as I can tell no way to get a life. I guess I'm lucky I'm not a cripple or an African AIDS baby, but other than that. . .

Yeah. But who else do I talk to. Sup Forums would say I am the cause for the downfall of western society

Is your wife a shitty person? Does she deserve that?

See and that makes me feel like a prick. 2 kids and I am successful in my field. Very actually. So it just sounds like a spoiled asshole living out a fantasy.

But I chose wrong. My wife has no libido and we fight more than talk. It has just gone on long enough. But I am sole earner. Which means all sorts of fuckery.

So they think that your a social security recipient?

>highly sexual woman that wants what I want
No she doesn't. Shes 20? She doesn't know what she wants. And neither do you. Live will NEVER turn out the way you want it to OP.

I wouldn't call her a kind person. She doesn't get along with anyone for more than a short amount of time.

life*

No. A scourge on the nuclear family

No. It hasnt yet. I am getting bitter as fuck and travel to avoid my wife which means less I see of kids

That's what I just said a social security recipient

Dude don't leave your wife for some fuckbunny. It's not even guaranteed. Think about your kids. Kids who grow up with single parents are divorced parents always end up more fucked. Don't be a selfish dick; because if you do that, that's exactly what you're doing .

Better to fight in front of them all the time? Or be vacant?

At least get a divorce before you go taking risks. At the very least to spare your family of the drama of your futile desires. Especially your kids.

>be me
>work in the corporate world
>cubicle life
>make decent money
>have decent rent controlled apt
>apt filled with decent meticulous selected furninture
>large selection of videogames
>have steady decent live in gf
>hate life want to kill myself every day
>waking up is a battle that requires phoenix down level of survival to push through
>end up being assigned design work for corporation one day because youngest in office
>team up with friend who has company
>end up liking the work
>friend encourages me to try more if I like it
>if he can do it why not me?
>tell gf I want to try to go to school for it
>tells me I'm delusional and too old to switch career
>enroll in school anyway
>professor tells me I'm too old and I suck
>leave college
>dump gf
>lose apt
>end up taking internship at photo studio
>no pay
>sleep there
>start to get better at design
>become manager in half a year
>leave after year and take another job
>get new apt
>leave that job after a year
>get offered work overseas
>go overseas and stay for a few years
>bang foreign poon tang on the daily
>come back to states
>go back to same studio to help with new things
>meet new gf
>totally supports my life she's in the same industry
>been together and moving into new apt together

not bad for a complete 180. People tell you what THEY can't do OP. Only you know what you can no do.

I can't say much given that i'm only 20, but I'd be highly skeptical about whether your final decision is affected by this girls presence. Would you still to start over if she wasn't there? What she wants now and what she wants in 3-5 years may be massively different.
I don't know your situation, but you could make changes without hitting reset. Have you talked with your spouse about how you're feeling? If you're feeling stagnant she might too, and if you're sharing a house/kids/whatever then it'd be a good idea to be open about what you both want from here on out. Also a divorce settlement could be pretty messy if she finds out about a younger love interest.

I'm a 3rd year psych student and speaking by the book i'd say find the right balance between your marriage/romantic life, social life, work, exercise and hobbies. If any of them aren't what you want, think about what you don't like about it and how you can change it. Don't just throw everything to the wind and expect that whatever you do from there will be better.

Also, don't do pic related. I'm unhappy with my situation and I drink about 10 pints a night just to feel something and be able to sleep

True. My career wouldn't die from it. Only get better. As would my will to live. Kids are the only thing causing doubt. If she goes all out vindictive.

if you aren't happy then do what makes you happy.
>if you do shit for money, there will never be enough money to satisfy you

Well its the kids I stand to lose the most via divorce

>listening to Sup Forums
>ever

just abandon them, and work for cash in the bahamas.
>make sure you take out all your money in cash before your family figures out you left for good.

Yeah we had a talk about 1.5 years ago. This was our trying. I'm tired of dreading coming home, sleeping as far apart as possible, and arguing when we do communicate

>It involves leaving my wife to chase the 20 year old
Sounds like an early mid-life crisis. Grow a mustache and get a Harley instead, because the 20-you will age as well and probably want someone of her own vapid age

Good advice. Solid plan.

I don't do it for money. I like what I do. My career has gotten way better since I stopped trying to constantly pander to the wife.

Yeah. Thats what my brain keeps telling me. But then the rest of life stays shit.

get fired, and force your wife to be the breadwinner. Then when she divorces you, you can get alimony from her.

listen to this man until you either want to succeed in life or kill yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=w_1kQ_MUeuA

She would start arguments and get fired. Then we would all be fucked.

10 years from now, OP will be a 45 year old with 1 more kid(at least) with a 30 year old girl that hates him and lives with other man while his ex-wife is still trying to get every last cent from his paycheck in alimony and child support... Lets not get into the 30 year old ex girlfriend issue, use your imagination.

You think that being married to someone you hate and having kids to pay for means you're looking down on the 31 year old neet? The neet actually has a way easier path to happiness from this point than you do. And yeah, you should probably go Jack off, then immediately think if leaving your wife to fuck some dumbass little girl would actually benefit you in any way. "She wants what I want?" She doesn't know shit, I guarantee you that. Think about yourself at her age. Did you know what you wanted? Nope. Matter of fact, you still dont.. learn about yourself

>But then the rest of life stays shit
So sort your life. Do that first, then maybe find a new partner.

But don't fall for the nubile 20-yo meme that your dick is thinking about, or you'll find yourself wearing a stupid haircut with a topknot, a beard and riding a fixxie while looking totally fucking ridiculous. The 20-yo is not a case of the other man's grass being greener, it's a fucking mirage that could end up breaking you.

What exactly is wrong with your life that you think ephemeral firm young flesh will fix?

No more kids. I'm fixed.

Hey, that what i said.

I don't understand why no one has said this, except everyone on Sup Forums now is twenty and doesn't know shit, but this is a normal situation. Have an affair with the 20 year old. That's what men have done for thousands of years. be discreet. Your wife can't earn her own living so she'll shut up about it. Your kids won't know until they're much older, and they'll hate you for a while when they're in their teens and figure it out, but they'll grow out of it. Your marriage is boring and hateful? So are 50% of all marriages. But divorce is a shitshow, and you're an idiot if you think a twenty year old man-stealin' girl is reliable in any way. Just fuck young girls on the side and be the man of your house.

Elaborating on my point before, you will get totally fisted if you go for a divorce straight up, and you'll lose everything if you're caught talking to a younger girl. If you are open with your wife and attempt things like counselling or anything else, then it at least shows that you've tried to make the marriage work.
Hows your relationship with your kids? How old are they currently? would/could your wife turn them against you during a divorce?
If you personally feel as if you've expended all options at saving your marriage, talk with your wife about it, be as honest as possible. Make sure you keep a journal/document of each day so any fights/threats and actions are there if you need them if she goes batshit and tries to ruin your life in the divorce.

Out of curiousity, what changed in your relationship that made it toxic? has a point, a messy divorce at a bad age for your kids can fuck them up, and statistically divorced parents aren't as good at raising children than intact families. But a toxic relationship is also going to damage how they perceive relationships in the future

You know. You're right. Wtf is wife going to do. Divorce means everyones standard of living drops. Hers included. She is bitter and likely wont rebound.

Thanks user.

Dont listen to this dude, hes an idiot.

Not sure. Seems to have the most forthcoming solution.

Your wife will gladly go on her own(and take the kids(and the courts will side with her)) than to be some degraded lesser half. Women can be pretty fucking determined and have a lot of perseverance and resilience when shit hits the fan.

Have you tried putting a bullet in your head?
>turn your black thoughts to red.

>except everyone on Sup Forums now is twenty and doesn't know shit,
You are so wrong. That's the trouble with many 20-year-olds; they think they know everything.

This conceit discredits the rest of your post because it shows your Weltanschauung

especially when her children are involved.

Well good for her then.

The children will be more likely to grow up replicating their parents relationship when they get married. Anecdotally speaking, my parents never outright fought, nor spoke about their feelings until it bubbled and burst when they got a divorce and i later found out that my mum had been sleeping with another man. Try being an 12 year old child consoling his normally stoic father while he cries as movers take away 80% of his shit.

The divorce was messy, but we got over it. The real damage was years of living in a messed up household and thinking that it was normal

Leave your wife because you're unhappy. Fuck the 20 year old because it's a fun thing to do now that you've left your wife, but don't expect her to be the answer to your future happiness. If you're worried about your kids, think about what a terrible example forcing yourself to endure an unhappy marriage is for them. That's not the future they deserve.

Going back to your original post OP, you can 'start over" but there are ways of doing it and it will take time. Your situation is delicate and its liable to backfire on you if you mishandle it.

Thats why he needs to document his efforts to save his marriage, as well as document her lack of effort and her toxic presence in the house. The court will still dick him, but not nearly as much so long as he has demonstrated that he tried and constantly had the children's welfare in his best interests

A woman will not get a divorce just because she SUSPECTS you're cheating on her UNLESS she's got something better lined up. Keep your affair on the downlow, and your new confidence will probably make your wife chill out and treat you better. If your girlfriend asks for more, or makes any demands at all, don't break up with her (and give her an excuse to have a dramatic scene), just gradually ghost her. Girls are easy to manage, you guys, if you don't take their drama to heart. Just do your thing and they respect you more. This isn't some "negging" ploy, it's just reality.

Quit being a pussy.
Best you’re wife.
Or cook her and eat her, that always works too.

Do it if you think you have a long term chance with her and no kids with current wife
If not you are already a degenerate

>gradually ghost her

if the 20yo wanted to she could ruin his life once they've banged a few times

>OP right now

Also don't do it if you don't have decent bank
She will leave your broke ass in five years if you don't have something to set you apart from her peers at any time

Yea, it can be a... stormy... situation.

You guys keep talking about the kids like there's some situation where they end up just fine and respecting both their parents. That ship has sailed. Divorce, unhappy marriage, one parent cheating, no matter the outcome the kids are going to be fucked up one way of the other. It makes me laugh when the retards on this board get all "concerned" about the kids. Sup Forumstards all had fucked up childhoods, what makes you so special that you think you can save some random future Sup Forumstards?

starting buying gold in cash and burying it under a tree.

Something something never try at all.
The guy could kill his wife, i'm sure that'd ruin the kids lives more than a divorce

I came from a divorced family at 7 years old. My parents asked me who i wanted to live with. I had to make a choice. So i chose to stay with my brother where ever he chose to live. My parents generally kept divorce talk away from us except for a few instances. There was a lot of turmoil within me on an emotional state and im sure all of it has had an effect on my upbringing, but I wouldn't say a divorce is traumatizing. It all depends on how the parents deal with it.

Investing in gold is kind of a meme,
It probably won't crash or lose value significantly, but having it make you rich or make a lot of money isn't incredibly likely and any situation in which it would would be sort of unpredictable on a larger scale.

It boils down to whether or not you have a good career that will remain in demand or a high paying career that will give you capital for serious investments.

What I mean is, gold is a global currency. Its not really tracked if you buy it without a serial number. You dont have to fill out any forms to cash it. That way the courts wont know about it. Its like how squirrels hide nuts. Burying it under a tree keeps the wife away from it.

Wait, were you naive enough not to prenup?

Wait, I'm not OP. Im not even married. I dont even have a girlfriend. In fact, I dont have any friends.

/thread

do you have a discord or anything? Thats an inspiring story. What kind of design work do you do?

>prioritizing girls 1st in life
Don't do it.

I’m 49 and just starting on my fourth career... this time as a videographer.

I’m probably looking at three years of low-paying shit gigs but i enjoy what I do and I’m getting better at it each time I get a job.

I dug myself into a pretty deep hole purchasing all the gear I now have, but not as deep a hole as student loans or a divorce or having a kid I didn’t want, so all things considered it’s not so bad.

You can start over. You can start over as many times as you like, so long as you’re willing to take the risk and pay the price.

Listen to me you cuck peice of fuking shit wank.
Some black man is fuking the shit out of your wife when you are at work or out the house. That is why she cba to fuck you properly anymore, she is bored with your lazy beta wageslave attitute so rides bbc when she can.

This is why you are getting bored and think you need to make a change, she already has, changed the color of dick she provides for.

You can cuck out for a 20yo, she will be banging young buck black dick in no time atal, coz you are a bore in life, with a tiny dick. Fuck off OP

Go back in the car

Responding here as a 48 year old: If this question is for real and not just bait...
Mid 30's is probably the perfect time if you're not yet married with children. You've experienced enough of life to have a fair idea of what's what but not yet old enough to be stuck in your ways. If you feel you need to make a change user, now's probably the time.

Start over, if you found something you love. After 25 years in IT Security, I ended up going to law school in my late 40's. Best move I ever made. I finally found out what I love and now every single day feels like fun. Hell, even the bad days are, at least, interesting.

One piece of advice: Don't start over just to start over...start over to do something you love.

>chase

>wtf. happend here????