If you were a player, why care about a championship? Just take whoever gives the highest paid salary and fuck hot women?

if you were a player, why care about a championship? Just take whoever gives the highest paid salary and fuck hot women?

And somehow the '''media''' paints Phil as the bad guy.

baka

after all the public mockery chuck endures from shaq, it should be obvious why players want rings

Because usually the sport is all you've done since like the age of 6

The human dream is inmortality, you can get all the money you want now but in 20 years no one will know who Carmelo was

People will keep talking about Bill Russell for centuries, winning and being a key factor in those wins is what matters (before you say no one cares about X player with +3 rings just because he was in the bench)

Yes because if you cared about the money and the women then you should realize that there are tons of more money and women when you win championships.

Pride
Ethics
Legacy
Endorsements
Professionalism

It's good marketing to say you care about championships during press conference.

Lets say United Arab Emirates start caring about basketball and they offer LeBron 4 times more money than what he makes in Cleveland, he won't take it

Same happen with great football players when they get offers from China

If it's about moving between NBA teams there is no argument, all have the same wages

The more titles and awards you win the more $$ you can make

They don't all have the same wages. That's incorrect.

.........................holy fucking shit this has to be the Fedoraiest post on Sup Forums of 2017 so far

You don't make it to the highest level of sport without being insanely competitive.
If you're just there to get paid, you don't get past college/minors/amateur hour.

You're not taking into account the shoe deals.

Lebron makes MUCH more from Nike then he will ever make from the NBA.

Untrue.

There are plenty of Jamarcus Russells and Eddie Currys in the world.

Yeah and where the hell are they now?

counting their millions.

Are you suggesting he'd lose his shoe deal if he moved to another team?

All I'm saying is, in American leagues you only change teams for better chances of winning titles, never of making more money

Gone. But they made the pros. Both top picks. Happens all the time.

They got a lot further than college/minors/amateur hour.

Eddie Curry is in his early 30s, has 8 kids and retired 4 years ago after playing a couple years in a semi-pro league

I doubt he's that rich

They spent only marginally more time in the pros than I did

Nah dude. You're thinking only of max players.

Plenty of players change teams for more money.

I was thinking of Eddy Curry, who was a former #1 pick and played 10 years in the NBA.
Although I think his life turned out pretty bad, but not because he didn't try hard at basketball.

He's made 57 million in his career. He should be plenty rich.

Granted, he's an absolute moron.

When you already have all the money you could ever want, what is left for you to chase? The highest honor in your profession, the thing basically every young NBA fan dreams of.

Yeah bro, your original hypothesis was untrue.

Continue moving the goalposts though.

You're going to make plenty anyway might as well make a legacy for yourself by being a champion. Besides champion winners get tons of endorsements. Everybody on Golden State is rolling in endorsement money.

Carmelo already won it all in college.

So did Cherokee Parks.

I thought we were talking about the likes of Carmelo Anthony

He didn't try that hard at basketball. He ate his way out of the league.

Yeah, tough life though. Lost most of his money. And his kid and babby momma where kidnapped and murdered.

plenty of shit players get rings in the nba too

Well, it costs the max players money/years to change teams.

You've never played any competitive sport obviously

Only if you're so autistic you need to interpret everything completely literally

Carmelo hasn't.

I believe his male chauffeur sued him for sexual harassment too.

Kek

but he did in college

That's called 'the Wilt Chamberlain'

Because winning more titles will get you more advertisements and more money
See: Michael Jordan, the richest Sportsman in history

If Carmelo was actually good along with the Knicks, he'd be worth more than he currently is while on the shitpile Knicks being a waste of air.

The Knicks are the most valuable NBA team, him winning a championship would be a golden fucking ticket.

>Look at me Dave, look. Come and touch it.

rings don't matter if you were carried to them.

>Kuchinsky claims Curry made him perform "humiliating tasks outside the scope of his employment" such as cleaning up and removing ejaculate-filled towels so that Curry's wife would not see them.
>When Kuchinsky balked at some of these tasks, he claims he was verbally assaulted by Curry, including being called, "fucking Jew," "cracker," "white slave," "white devil" and "grandmaster of the KKK."

but wilt won 2 championships

yeah, he prob should have won 6+

kek, if this had happened in the NFL ESPN would still be talking about it.

>"I'd rather be a champion instead of rich"
said no real nigga ever

Exactly. Robert Horry shouldn't be remembered but he has more rings than Jordan.

It's about creating a legacy and reaching the top in your respective sport. Tbh I would be one of those scumbags who stop trying once I got my fat guaranteed contract, especially if I played in the NFL. Why risk the injury?

NFL contracts aren't guaranteed Einstein.

(and you sound like a tremendous pussy)