How do you find new music?

I personally don't have any issue finding new artists/albums but some do, plus I was curious what other ways there are to keep coming across new music, both new releases and old gems. Here's what most often leads to discovering new music:
1. Apple Music sub. I've never used the recommendation feature once because I've NEVER experienced a good rec tool for music. But every Friday, new albums are released and you can go through each one of them in each genre that interests you and sample then potentially DL them.
2. Another two things I find new music coming out is through Last.fm (going through the new releases page and looking up stuff purely based on genres and album art, although their genre tags are total fucking garbage) and RYM (Which was a one-time use kind of thing where I went through the whole top 1000 for 2017. Towards the end there's some real undiscovered gems that have good reviews but not enough votes to show up higher. Don't see any reason not to do this for any year/decade you want)
4. If I'm in an AOTY thread on here and see a list that includes stuff I think is great, but don't recognize the rest, I save it to check out later
As far as older music goes, I don't have any very reliable methods:
1. Sharethreads
2. Reading about bands that interest me on Allmuisc or Wikipedia which tends to lead to other bands involved with them in some way
3. Random band names coming up in conversation on here.

Since I've got much more consistent ways of finding newly released music, I do tend to struggle to keep finding older groups I've not heard of.

What else you guys got?

Pic unrelated but at least music-related.

Other urls found in this thread:

music-map.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mostly through bandcamp browsing and the occasional Sup Forums rec

>Sup Forums sharethreads
>Fantano for new releases
>Word of mouth

Who is this qt?

Underground labels/collective or not so popular ones like mua5trap and anjunadeep

music-map.com/

Tends to give pretty varied recommendations, some of it fairly obscure.

OPs wife dummy

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, friend recommendations, roaming wikipedia and Sup Forums, and my regional classic rock radio channel.

I would like a name

Well, the "name" feature for posting is available to all, but only if you want to be laughed at for being a namefag

wew lad

I can never tell if she is extremely cute or kind of fugly.

cugly

rym

not OP but it's lady lamb and she's actually dating a girl afaik

I don't. Barely like anything Sup Forums is into desu. I only like a handful of songs. Ranging from Military marches to slightly obscure 80's songs.

>wife
>lady
>she's

i go on soulseek and download random stuff

Please be a lie.

Primarily RYM and then download it on SLSK.

Fun to type random shit into the artist search and scrolling through the bands that contain that word or phrase and seeing what kind of music they play

Following a few different music reviewers can help. I went through a phase where I loved music reviews and now I can't stand them. I just use them as a resource and disregard the opinion attached.

That's why she's perfect. She doesn't look like a fake made up person to look "perfect." She looks like she could be real, and she is, because as kindly pointed out, she's my wife.

Saw Lady Lamb The Beekeeper open for Kaki King a few years back. Had no idea who she was, she just walks out, sits down with a guitar, and starts screaming into the mic. Probably the best opening act I've ever seen desu.

going out with people to underground shows.
like everyone in Sup Forums :-)

Fantano's a pretty solid source for new releases. No need to watch the reviews. Just read the description for genre and score. Also his "Great albums" series are great for finding new stuff.

>pick a genre
>get the rym top charts for that genre
>go to the last page for the lowest rated stuff
>work backwards