Critics are literally just giving high scores to this movie because of the inception crazy lsd kaleidoscope visuals

Critics are literally just giving high scores to this movie because of the inception crazy lsd kaleidoscope visuals.

The movie is boring as fuck, villain is nothing but a walking wikipedia article, Strange sucks, he only casts THREE spells, and he never physically beats anyone by himself (kaecilus is beaten by the CLOAK on its own). same marvel movie shit as always. Extremely underwhelming main villain

Congratulations, this is the 47th thread about this capeshit movie!
Now what's the next step of your mastershill plan?

the primary villain of the movie wasn't kaecilus
dr. strange's worst enemy was himself. i know you're probably just looking for Yous but i don't care. the movie was ok. you either want to spend time on it or you don't. move on with your life

It was entertaining and enjoyable. It's not meant to have a deeper meaning. It's a comic book movie.

There you go. That's why it's highly praised. It is what it is and it does it well.

Fucking this. It was refreshing for a capeshit movie.

Boring flick and nothing happens. He's Sorcerer Supreme within the first 30 mins.

movies like this is gonna kill the superhero franchise ... this movie is so generic... n worst of all they wasted Mads Mekkelssen..When will media stop sucking Marvels dick.. oh n Dr strange is nothing like tony stark.. he is a more asshole ,serious guy NOT, asshole funny guy. the more i see shittty marvel villains , the more i think Thanos is just gonna be a wasted cartoon.

I went to see this last night and although was a bit drunk these are my thoughts.
It was ok but the pacing was fucked it starts off at breakneck speeds (no pun intended) and doesnt stop, within the space of 1 hour hes gone from fumbling cripple to fighting space Satan.

Visuals for when the ancient one sent him on his LSD trip were great, everything else was just ok.
Jokes were so out of place at times, Dr Strange was listening to classical music at the beginning and then trying to joke Wong about western pop music. It was so cringy.
Dormamu looked like shit, I was actually looking forward to this meme scene but it was disappointing because of how greenscrren he looked.
Villain was lame but that was expected
Exposition every couple of minutes was grating after a while, if your moving the story along this quick everything really doesnt need explaning to the nth degree

That said this movie was enjoyable, although it has many flaws I wasnt bored.
Overall I would say its a decent flick but a pretty bad film, 5/10

>xth thread about Dr. Strange
>BvS barely gets a thread a week

Really makes you think

>the movie is boring as fuck
If this were true, the movie wouldn't make you so mad.

Righto matey we believe you.

18+ only please.

your logic is flawed

>It was entertaining and enjoyable

Except it wasn't. I'll concede the visuals in the "open your eye" segment and any time the shadow realm was involved were cool.

I understand he was supposed to be innately talented in magic but I still feel he progressed way too quickly. I would have preferred a slightly slower progression, and have it end on a cliffhanger. Show him fucking up a few battles against Dormammu's minions, training and getting better. Have the movie end with him finding out all three places are kablooey and the Dark Dimension is coming through.

>Except it wasn't.

i disagree I was enjoyed by it.

>I was enjoyed by it.
Well, I'm glad the movie enjoyed you. But I didn't enjoy the movie.

Why do people keep referencing Inception? It had one small inconsequential but if a city overlapping itself or whatever and nothing else.

Oh I'm sorry, but you shouldn't watch things you don't enjoy.

>you should only ever watch movies that you like

What did he mean by this?

>you shouldn't watch things you don't enjoy
How do you propose I decide whether or not I enjoy something before I experience it for the first time?

Also a box office fail so far, it definitely wont get pass the 500m mark worldwide.

Is this worth it to see in IMAX?

It's pretty easy user I do it all the time. At least in the cinemas. I've never watched movie I didn't like in the cinemas.

Kys first you fucking edgy redditor

not so much. but in 3D definitely. felt like a huge acid trip

>a movie released a couple of weeks ago vs a movie released months ago

really makes you think

Fuck off, retard.

>Jokes were so out of place at times, Dr Strange was listening to classical music at the beginning and then trying to joke Wong about western pop music.
>he listens to classical music and is thus completely fucking oblivious to pop culture
That's not how the world works, user.

Just came from watching it was ok, it felt rushed, kinda like a wikipedia summary version, the cgi settings were cool, fights were generic, jokes subtly reminded you this is just a silly movie without being super-edgy or meta-referential (Deadpool), most villains were extremely generic no-names, Mikelsen did what he could, Swinton was bald, McAdams is not hot (that mole), Cuminmysnatch adapted fairly well to the role, final fight was plagiarized from Naruto (Izanami!). Forgettable but sufficiently entertaining. Thor shows up in the post-credit scene

>villain is nothing but a walking wikipedia article
LOL, I haven't seen the movie but I would like to hear some more about this.

Kys edgy redditor retard bitch

I thought BvS was a timeless masterpiece like Godfather and Citizen Kane.

>thought
It is

so how many threads of Godfather and Citizen Kane do you see now?

MoS was the masterpiece, BvS felt like an MCU flick.

fuking loved BvS, the cinematography, the music,and the journey of Superman n Batman to hope .. i really loved the dialogues too.
Superman truly is the man of tomorrow, in this movie.

Why did you say that name!?

It's my mom's name!

NO, it's MY mom's name!!!!!!!!!1

Holy fucking shit do these Marvel movies suck ass. And always the Disney shill squad to defend them.

>Mister?
>It's Doctor
>Mister Doctor?
>Strange
>I'm not the one to judge

What did Marvel mean by this? Did Mads not know that a doctor is a title and not a name?

Some user posted this literally yesterday, compare it to the threads talking about marlel extended toy commercials

I'm sure I could type up a big boilerplate essay on Doctor Strange too

T - eseract - Space stone
H - eimdals - Souls Stone
A - ether - Reality stone
N - eckless - Time Stone
O - rb - Power stone
S - cepter - Mind stone

Reminder that Dr Strange is like 2001. We did it, liberals!

- Great Effects / Visuals
- Good Acting.
- Mads wasted on blank villain
- Too much forced humor.
- Decent story.
- Actually sets up a future villain with a backstory!

It was good enough.
Cucumberbach is an above average actor for marvel standards.
Still not better than Iron Man as an stand alone movie / origin story,
Visuals were good, but I wish I had watched 3D

Must mean the Soul stone will appear in next thor move heard it here folks

go ahead lmao

I smell Dcuck

The Disney shills will defend literally any feces Marvel shits out. There's no point.

And even the biggest piece of shit Marvel has, is still going to be miles better than anything (non-Batman) DC makes. And that REALLY pisses off the DCcucks.

>tfw he doesn't only listen to patrician composers like motzart and bethoven or backs

fucking pleb kys

Proving my point. I hope you kill yourself, Disney shill fuck .Why don't go to Evans twitter and support him? He needs you more than ever.

Took my dad to see this for Father's Day. He's a 60-year-old normie, and he loved it.
Have you considered the possibility that this movie is good and you're just bitter?

The 3D was pretty good, I can recommend it.

Doctor strange has great potential if it were written by someone who actually knew anything about occultism and if it weren't made by disney who churn out formulaic garbage for the masses.

Personally i tune out cape shit a long time ago, and im a person who actually used to collect comics back when you were ostrcized for doing such a thing

>this fantasy story about magic doesn't follow the rules of magic I believe in, therefore it sucks!
What do you mean by occultism, user?

>Critics are literally just giving high scores to this movie because of the inception crazy lsd kaleidoscope visuals.
>high scores
>7.3/10
Don't tell me you're one of those idiots who doesn't know what the RT % actually means.
It's average as fuck but not shit, and that is reflected in all the reviews and the so-called "high scores" of 7/10.

It is actually generic, derivative crap. Maybe a 3/10.

Yeah, the critics seriously overhyped this. It was fun and visually entertaining , but every character was paper thin. Why even have the love interest? She was in it for maybe 5 short scenes. And fuck, what an underwhelming villain.

The problem is the humor doesnt translate well.

Some of the jokes fell flat.

If you remove the quips its just your average boring capeflick origin story but with a Marvel logo stamped on it.

Well since its marvel its just generic garbage, so of course they would never delve into chaos magic, or Gnosticism, or synchronicity, or hemrticism, or anything actually mystical and well, strange.

The occult is about tradition, and ritual, it is very right wing in a sense, its not about peace and love mannnnnn.

Its about projecting you will and desires into the world

>Why even have the love interest?
Because focus tests show that movies with love interests generate 76% higher box office than those without.

>chaos magic
You mean the stuff Scarlet Witch uses?
>all that other shit
Okay I have no idea what any of that is but I'm sure it wasn't in the comics either.

Why is this doctor strange?

What kind of strange things has he done?

Which medical specialization does this doctor specialize in?

Has this doctor's strangeness been confirmed by trustworthy sources?

What in particular is strange about this doctor?

Why is this doctor, a clearly Anglo-Saxon man, dressing up in pretense of being Asian? Is Dr. Strange a racist?

It was neither. I was waiting for it to be over after the first 5 minutes.

He's a neurosurgeon. His clothes were given to him by Asians.

removing the quips would actually improve the movie. the quips didn't fit the theme nor the movie. fucking Wong Adele, wong laughing at the end, the cape and the Thor scene are literally facepalm moments.

I really wish Marvel would just create a movie just a fucking movie with not needing any of these quips.

well, this is the movies, not the comic.
The occult is a latin word for "hidden knowledge".
Its about symbols, and meaning.
And you can use it in art, art itself is occultic, it can manipulate your emotions, be a transcendent experience.
People think art is just entertainment, but it can be used for much more.
Think, the beatles singing love songs at shea stadium and thousands of bitches wanting to suck their dick.
Thats some fucking magic man.

But since its Disney, they will just churn out generic garbage in order to extract wealth from the drooling masses

And yet the people at the theater seemed to enjoy all of those scenes very loudly.
Maybe you're just not the target audience for these movies and should stop watching them so you can enjoy youself again.

>And yet the people at the theater seemed to enjoy all of those scenes very loudly.

no one laughed at any of those scenes in my theatre since it all happened nonchalantly and wong laughing at the end was so fucking forced and bricked joke it actually hurt watching wong doing it. they did clap when thor appeared though fucking americans

>theatre
Found the problem

Well there wasn't any clapping at my theater at least, but there was abundant laughter.
Still, these movies are never going to change according to what you want, so stop watching them. This is the 14th one they've made, you should've gotten it through your thick skull by now you're not going to like any of them.

>dressing up in pretense of being Asian

Asians wear normal clothes just like other human beings do.

I'm a huge fan of Mads and always supported his movies as much as a I can. Saying this movie was ok but could have been improved by removing the quips seems to hurt you a lot though

>seems to hurt you a lot though
What bothers me is people watching installment after installment of a franchise they don't like and bitching about it. Why do this?

boring, generic, redundant, try hard funny

Once again the cinematography/art direction is too dark.

Is the USA this poor that they can't afford more lighting equiment.

All this darkness screams amature special effects editors.

this was the only mahvel movie that we watched after the abysmmal Thor 2 m8. My wife who loves these capeflicks absolutely gave up after that. We watched this again since I was a huge fan of Mads who was relegated again as a forgettable villain.

mavhel quality folks

>Thor 2
That's like, what, the 8th movie? You sat through EIGHT movies before you realized you didn't like this franchise?
I gave up on the DCEU after just one. I gave up on Transformers half-way through the first one. I gave up on the new Star Trek movies after the first one. Come on man.

nah so far we've watched Iron Man, Iron Man2, Thor, Cap, Avengers Thor 2 and now Dr. Strange

So why is Mads crying in all these screenshots i keep seeing? I mean, I'm gonna watch it anyway, but just for him.

His family died.

>you should do things the way I do things, man

>strawman

>do thing
>don't like thing
>do it again
>and again
>and again
>dude, why do thing?
>I'VE GOT A RIGHT!
Okay man.

They spend most of the money on marketing and jew middlemen. The movies themselves are low-budget as fuck. Probably close to what a B-movie costs.

this is actually pretty good t bh. If there is one thing Marvel do right, is that they never make a boring movie.

How come I don't see all this marketing then? The new Harry Potter shit is all over the place, but Doctor Strange isn't.

Fair enough.

>villain is nothing but a walking wikipedia article

what did he mean by this?

completely forgettable. any other actor would have done fine

They buy reviewers and shills.

They buy reviewers and end up with average scores like 7.3?

Critics were right. This capekino was fantastic.

>Heimdals
>not Hela
>Neckless

>neckless

It's necklace, you fuck.

MoS was worse than BvS

>slower paced
>terrible robot bad guy

It was meh. Villains underdeveloped, MC trains and gains magic really fucking fast. Comes into contact with /the right/ McGuffins and knowledge for this movie to win in the end. Yes, people are tired of origin stories where the MC trains for 30+ minutes, but we need a better context of time here. It's like a new fucking characters comes out of the process.

Without the visuals, it wouldn't get anything above a 5/10. It's just that run of the mill, the comedy is in fact a draw back, it's just bad. To fix it? The last 30 minutes was another movie all together. A proper fleshed out origin story movie was really needed before getting all interdimensional. But that plays into what the rest of the MCU has done.

Damned if you do damned if you don't. Flesh out the origin story get called out for shitty same old boring shit. Do something new get called out for lack or shit pacing.

CAPEDITTORS AND SHILLS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

there was also a twisting hallway fight scene

Because people have a VERY limited knowledge of film.