Report: LaVar Ball cost Lonzo Ball $10 million in sneaker deal

What did Lavar mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

sports.yahoo.com/news/report-lavar-ball-turned-10-million-shoe-contracts-son-lonzo-183900817.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's potential gain IF he was offered a contract, but all the shoe companies turned him down. That's why he got so butthurt and made BBB

LaVar didn't sell his son to the Jews for their first offer with no leverage.

What an idiot/monster.

Fuck off Schlomo.

That's wrong, they never even got a chance to offer it to him.

> Nike, Under Armour and Adidas were all prepared to offer Lonzo a shoe contract in the neighborhood of $10 million over five years before the Los Angeles Lakers landed the No. 2 pick in the draft lottery, and that sum might have jumped as high as $20 million through 2022 if Ball landed in the L.A. media market

sports.yahoo.com/news/report-lavar-ball-turned-10-million-shoe-contracts-son-lonzo-183900817.html

PLEASE DON'T COME TO PHILLY

our sports teams are already enough of a joke

>10 million dollar deal
That's unironically Jewish accounting. "If you win rookie of the year and finals MVP well add a stipend of 4 million dollars! And if you are league MVP you get an added 2 million dollar incentive!! It's a 10 million dollar deal you goyim!!"

>(((yahoo)))
I'm sure that's accurate.

jesus fucking christ you shills are predictable

Nike was founded by Christian, white Americans, not jews.

Read the article you autistic fuck, the actual report was from Darren Rovell, an ESPN reporter.

yep.

"and if you ever get out of pocket will drum up a phony rape accusation against you"

fuck their $

So was Disney. Until they went public.

but you know that.

oh, sorry. (((ESPN))) I'm sure it's credible.

Darren Rovell, believe it or not is a reputable reporter whose background was actually being a sports business analyst.

Even worse desu

Same with Disney and the US Supreme Court

I literally don't believe jackshit coming from ESPN.

Another company whose audience, like the NBA, is jumping like rats off a sinking ship.

>and the US Supreme Court
kek (and true)

>potentially
>ignores and pretends he will make nothing off BBB
>ignores massive taxes on that income
>ignores potential leverage he could have if he pans out in a couple years and not still stuck to some scrub $2million/year deal
>good bootlickers like you can't think dynamically in any sense so the media just puts a number out there and you deepthroat the story until it's nuts are resting on your chin

You literally think he lost $10 million when if if it all goes horribly wrong, it won't be more than a few, with an infinitely higher(though less likely) ceiling

that he's really hoping BBB works out

why would anyone take that offer?

If anything, he's betting on his son.

BBB wins again.

Under Armour should really give LaVar an imprint. Would be smart.

>I don't believe anyone except my autistic ideals

Yep. Americans are sick of Jewish sheistiness. UA/BBB might be a homerun. (provided Lonzo balls out)

Man fuck ESPN.

Fucking anti-American anti-football commie bullshit factory.

Go give Bruce Jenner another award faggots.

>that feel when you were ironically posting /Big Baller/ shit so much that now you're unironically invested in the Big Baller brand and genuinely want to see the Ball family succeed

anyone know this feel?

also small ballers please leave this thread

Lavar is gambling that his son will be "Best of his Generation"-tier. If he is right, then this will be one of the smartest decisions in NBA history. If he's wrong (which he is), then Lonzo can just sign a regular deal with Nike/Adidas/UA in the next few years anyway.

No matter what, Lonzo Ball will earn at least $10 million over the next 3 years just from his NBA salary, so "worst case" scenario, Lonzo "only" gets $10 million. As much as we mock Lavar for being a delusional psychopath, let's give him credit for helping his son become richer than 99.9% of all human beings who have ever existed.

oh yeah.

I hate ESPN/Nike/((())) so much I'm rooting for literally anyone who they're against.

I'm rooting for Tiger now too.

You think ESPN is *anti*-football? Football is like 50% of what they report on. Monday Night Football is not only ESPN's highest-rated broadcast, it's the highest-rated broadcast in the entire country, from any channel. Football is ESPN's bread and butter.

This, he's crazy but still objectively a great dad

You can't talk sense into these poverty stricken ballers, user.

its called an investment you retards

when lonzo tears up the nba and the bbb explodes, lavar and lonzo will be laughing all the way to the bank

10m will be chump change at that point

nigga please

ESPN slanders football 24/7. They push that made-up 'CTE' bullshit. They made it look like Goodel got Bill Simmons fired. They literally never stop with that shit. There bullshit '''ratings''' story last year. They were tripping over their feet to let us all know how lame Thursday night football was last year. It's literally ridiculous.

ESPN is as dirty as CNN.

Fuck 'em.

does he ever shoot
oh wait he memechucks

If only breitbart had a sports section

Disney channel is AIDS. So is this faggot and his sons.

Out of the league in 2 years.

Cap it.

They tried reporting today that the NBA was now more popular than the NFL. Cited a (((poll)).

mfw irl MLB is still more popular than the NBA and the NHL is gaining on them.

Why do niggers media play so much?

what a compelling argument Schlomo.

Only urban retard watch Disney sports. Sample size of Twitter tards I'm sure.

lol everyone point and laugh at this retard

They apparently think we can't see the seas of empty seats at NBA games.

>literally only 22 shots from midrange

JUST lmao

>thinking you need a mid range game in the nba when you're athletic enough to finish at the rim and have an insane 3 point shooting percentage and just pass off the pick and roll for an easy assist

lmao retard alert

I watched an OKC/Warriors game a few weeks ago in OKC, and it was half empty. Against the Warriors!

But whatever you say ESPN. The NFL has a '''ratings''' problem.

ESPN = fake news for real

I seem to recognize you leaf.
You've been shitting up so many threads this past day.
Should probably do something else.

exactly. Lonzo could have Jason Kidd's career.

He's not even close to Kidd in terms of BBIQ, which was Kidd's strongest asset.

You're full of shit, every Warriors/OKC game was packed...by "watch" did you mean on the television? Early in the game? where it only shows the season tickets?

>midrange
It's asinine to shoot from there unless you absolutely have to. I know it took you math illeterates 30 yrs to figure it out but it is

I noticed that playoff games in Memphis and (of all places) San Antonio had lots of visibly empty seat IN THE LOWER LEVELS. Upper levels where probably semi-empty.

>you don't need a midrange shot in the NBA

Hey, I know you've only been following it for 3 seasons, but memechuck isn't everything, all the great players have a midrange shot.

Also, his jumper is total shit, the ball never goes over his head until he releases so it's easily blockable by anyone taller than him.

>finishing at the rim in college well means you'll finish at the rim well in the NBA with 7 foot centers in your way.

ok

Everybody stop and look, this will one day be old enough to vote

what?

BBIQ? He's like 19 and has yet to play a professional game.

fucking retarded.

Can we agree that nobody actually watches college basketball so we have no idea how good (or bad) this Alonzo kid is.

He's a turnover machine aka low BBIQ you stupid fuck.

more compelling non-arguments Schlomo

t. someone who has never played basketball as part of a team

Also if you look at analytics, midrange shots are actually very good to take because they're high percentage shots depending on if you have a jumper.

You've never been to an actual basketball game have you? The lower seats are always occupied by less people than the upper seats, season ticket holders don't show up to every game and the close seats are like 3-10 times as much as the nosebleeds...which are never that bad anyway

Ball had 89 turnovers and Fultz had 80, is Fultz a turnover machine too?

The one Houston playoff game I watched was shockingly empty. Like there was a bomb scare or something.

t. absolute retard who doesn't know shit
midrange jumpers are the statistically the worst shot to take, where have you been the last 3 years?

Yeah Kidd's BBIQ was so great at first that he was on 3 teams in his first 7 years.

Fucking BBIQ. fuck outta here.

And Karl Malone had the most turnovers in NBA history. His BBIQ was so low he's in the HoF. And another super low BBIQ player Moses Malone is 2nd. (Stockton is 3rd and Kobe is 4th)

Fuck off Schlomo.

The annihilation of the Rockets is kind of proof that you still need a mid range game in the NBA.

Show me a picture of an OKC/Warriors game from the past few years that is half empty.

>comparing Ball to Fultz when Fultz wasn't even mentioned

Lmao, seething. Wasn't Ball supposed to be the pass first guard? So he should have low turnovers as part of his "good playmaking"

I mean, one of the most common defensive strategies is to force a player to take a jumper rather than drive to the rim...and this practice only increases in importance once you reach the post-season

It seems like it's only really popular in Boston, San Fran, and Cleveland desu.

I'm sure it's totally on the level that LA and Boston got the top 2 picks.

Yep. ESPN is assmad because the NFL realized they could create their own network and still crush it. ESPN is the salty ex that got dropped.

Kidd's Mavericks team could've been good if they let them play together for a while and surrounded them with good, veteran role players.

It was like last month on a Monday night.

Is what it is.

Karl Malone isn't a "pass first point guard" lmfao.

That, and the globalists (aka Jews) want to crush the NFL in general.

It was just a question. The fact that you couldn't answer it tells me you're the one that is seething.

Being pass first or not, position regardless, they have similar turnover stats. If Ball is a turnover machine, then Fultz is a turnover junkie

I know its hard for you to accept but Lonzo is the next big thing in the NBA. He is anything but a bust. You'll see.

You have to be versatile offensively and defensively but you certainly don't need to have mid-range jumpers as a big part of you arsenal. By your logic I could say "mid-range jumpers are horrible cancer because the Warriors made it to the Finals yet again." None of that changes the fact that mid-range jumpers are the least offensively efficient shot to take...not everyone is Kobe

Somehow ESPN missed that story.

Just a coincidence I'm sure.

lotta small ballers in this thread baka

You literally wrote like 100 words and said nothing. Ball is supposed to be a pass first point guard, that means he needs to have low turnovers since the ball is in his hand all the time. I don't give a fuck about Fultz, he's literally irrelevant to this, and if anything it looks even worse on Ball's part because a guy who's job is to create his own shot and score has less turnovers than a guy who needs to be giving the ball for other people to score.

Lol just fucking look at his chart and do the math dummy. His worst area from 3 still comes out to scoring more points/attempt than his best area at mid-range. It's better to shoot 38% from 3 than 55% from 2. Shooting 3s also results in more offensive rebounds because of the unpredictability of the trajectory. Nobody shoots mid range jumpshots because they're dumb as hell to shoot.

The real question is whether Magic is going to take him at 2.

Magic has been ((())) since they gave him AIDS.

JK, I'm totally sure Magic's dumb ass made all that money off (((Starbucks))) and (((Loews))) on his own.

But he has the most minutes played, the most assists, and the highest true shooting percentage, and it was only in his first year of college ball.

A few extra turnovers isn't the end of the world.

Magic is just the patsy frontman. He's not really running the Lakers.

NBA is corrupt as fuck.

They railroaded Jim Buss.

They railroaded Dolan.

And it looks like Dolan is up next.

*Sorry...'railroaded Sterling'

It's a red flag. Look at how De'Aaron Fox cucked him with all those steals he made on him. You're talking hypotheticals. He's labeled a pass first guard, that means he needs to have good turnovers/assist to turnover ratio. What does any of the stuff you mention have to do with that. That's like saying "so and so is called a rebounding center, has a bad rebound %, but look at how many 3s he made"

>And it looks like Dolan is up next.
yep.

ESPN is attacking Dolan and Phil 24/7. For what exactly? The 'posse' comment? And that Oakley incident sure looked like a set-up.

And that Oakley incident sure looked like a set-up.

I thought the same thing. Oakley provoked that incident the same way Leahy tried to provoke an incident with LaVar.

all I'm saying is he was on the court a lot, made a ton of great passes, and when he wasn't passing he made good shots... so obviously in doing all that there is going to be a lot of opportunities for turnovers.

The turnover/assist ratio part is true, but the turnover part can be fixed, the assist part can't which is where lonzo shines... his big baller vision allows him to make really effortless and nice passes that you can't just teach. That is why he is so special.

>potential leverage
>could have
>vs sure thing

okay

too many redpills

(you aint wrong though)

yeah every good business man knows you take the 1st offer.

fuck off

Reminder that BBB is /ourbrand/ and we must defend them til the very end.

>10 million for a guy who has done literally nothing
I may be late to the party in realizing this, but has apehoop officially surpassed baseball in funny money?

Really good post

>that total lack of mid range

3pt spammer that doesn't do well creating his own shot

Being just good at one thing keeps you in the NBA for a long time. Being above average gets you paid a ridiculous amount of money (unless the TV money is replaced when the CBA expires). But baseball allows the truly elite talent to just make bonkers money. In basketball, the max contract helps protect stupid GMs and gives money guys LeBron would easily make and spread it around the rest of the players.

Calm down, maybe take your medication. Who said anything about taking a first offer? The comment was about logically weighing options.

Triggered much?

Hol up does OSN browse Sup Forums?

That's not a fair assessment. Lonzo may flop hard in the NBA, and get substantially less than the 10M offered. Even if he does the opportunity to sign for 10M somewhere down the road, he still missed out on several years of income.

As far as salary goes, that's fine, but it's retarded to turn down extra money. It really does depend on how well Lonzo does in the next few years. Maybe not getting locked into a contract will turn out to be a genius move, but I doubt it.

>NCAA sweet 16 tourney team with (((3))) draft picks
>NCAA literal who team with YMCA scrubs, worst in the league

No shit he shot worse, even westbrick couldnt memechuck his way to winning a game with fultz's teammates

It's smart go for original brand especially since it seems that another Ball will probably be good and get to NBA soon. Third is shit from what I've heard but still. Also LA is a huge market if Lakers draft Lonzo.

That deal will still be there in a year if lonzo is good. And there's a chance that they make enough noise that it becomes a brand licensing thing that is much more lucrative

Is DeAaron Fox the new Rajon Rondo?

>They push that made-up 'CTE' bullshit
>made up

what