The Wall

Honest question:

What will be your reaction if Trump, when elected, says: "We're not really building that wall".

I am rather curious to know.

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/politics/trackers/2016-05-19/trump-backer-collins-suggests-border-wall-may-be-virtual
ijreview.com/2015/01/233628-saudi-arabia-anti-isis-wall/
politistick.com/trump-flip-flops-on-border-wall-says-we-need-only-half-a-wall-because-of-natural-barriers/#
judicialwatch.org/blog/2016/06/dhs-quietly-moving-releasing-vanloads-illegal-aliens-away-border/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_border_barrier
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006
usatoday.com/story/news/2016/01/19/immigration-visa-overstays-department-of-homeland-security-report/79026708/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

196 grains of lead.

I doubt anyone will be surprised. It was clearly a ploy to pander to the white republican vote

What? No one will be surprised? I'm not expecting that.

>believing in a literal 2000 mile wall
for what purpose?

same reason the chinks believed in a 20000 mile wall

2000 miles of wall is easy as fuck to build, it just takes workforce, and america has 330 million people, so that's a lot of fucking workforce

I would be very unhappy.

So the wall is another meme that no one actually expects to be built?

You should. Trump literally just plays to whatever crowd he's speaking to. The idea of a giant stupid wall is popular with unimaginative conservatives so he used it (along with some other choice proposals) to win the primaries. Now that he's trying to win a general, he'll be changing his positions to suite a wider electorate

Thank you for Correcting The Record

Only an idiot would think walls are real. They're made up. Walls can't exist

reminder

bloomberg.com/politics/trackers/2016-05-19/trump-backer-collins-suggests-border-wall-may-be-virtual

It's already there, somewhat. It's mostly a fence. They're mainly going to fortify it I guess. Bush was going to do it too, but he fucked it up somehow.

he won't be talking about it in a month, everyone that's not a total mouthbreather knows that.

I won't care cuz Donald Trump will be the president

Nothing, the cucks here will just gulp the jizz from Donny and pretend to be busy with a bigger issue like defending Israel or muh ISIS.

As a matter of fact I don't think trump is going to accomplish shit (IF he even is honest about his promises/views, and this is a big IF considering his lying and deceitful personality), he has already admitted most of his dumb racist pandering are nothing more than 'suggestions' which Congress has to approve, and the trumpcucks keep repeating that both democrat and republican Congress hate him so there's that, he'll be just as mediocre, or much worse than any other candidate. But he was smart to bait useful idiots with racist bullshit so I guess there's that too.

He won't. I know that as well.

But the people won't just forget about it because he isn't mentioning it anymore.

BUILD THE WALL! BUILD THE WALL!

This desu what can you even make a wall out of? Wood? You'll chop down all the trees! Stone? You'll have a big hole left as your "country"! This is why conservatives are so dumb.

I will be heartbroken.
My trust in anyone running for office will be shattered for decades to come.
I might even stop voting.

Bad bait.

It didn't keep china from getting their shit pushed in by the mongols. The less of history is that a wall that you don't man is useless.

Now if we're talking an electronic wall of surveillance with response teams that can actually make use of the information then you've got yourself something much more interesting.

Threadly reminder:

ijreview.com/2015/01/233628-saudi-arabia-anti-isis-wall/

That's 600 miles along the border with Iraq, and they're planning a 1000 miles one along the Yemen border (though probably not as fancy).

Anybody who thinks Trump won't build the wall are idiots. Its an easy sell to house Republicans because it acts as a jobs program for a time, providing work to thousands of people who have to help build it.

Trump will use this as a kickstarter to dump money into our crumbling infrastructure and provide many more thousands of jobs rebuilding bridges and roads that have crumbled since they were created nearly 60 years ago as part of the interstate program and other things like that.

All the while he will be punishing companies that outsource, bringing additional jobs back to the states as it becomes more worth it to keep factories here. This will cause a jump in the price of goods, but because we will have low unemployment due to all the blue collar jobs, it won't affect people badly.

I don't understand what a wall would possibly solve.

It completely neglects the fact there's thousands of tunnels across the border.

You make a good point. It seems, however, the majority doesn't believe it will be built.

Man I sure am going to enjoy the U.S. hitting the $25T debt mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew the portuguese were dumb but I thought they atleast had a sense of humor

Make wall 10 ft. lower.

>This will cause a jump in the price of goods, but because we will have low unemployment due to all the blue collar jobs, it won't affect people badly.
Also, his new taxes will just incentivize manufacturers to buy more robots.

You aren't going to get all of those jobs back.

Perhaps I was jokingly saying that his post was bad bait knowing that it was sarcastic.

You're the one who didn't realize I was kidding. Now, who's dumb and doesn't have a sense of humor?

Honestly, I wouldn't care all that much. I'd rather have someone that's too radical to get anything past congress over someone like Hillary or Boinie who can really fuck us over is congress let's some of their bullshit slip.

But nothing could stop the mongols.
Not muds.
Not big walls.
Not slav winters.
Nothing.

>debt in a currency you have the power to mint means anything
>debt to your own citizens means anything

>the majority doesn't believe it will be built.
The majority of people in this thread are shilling

Jokes on you, I also was just pretending

This is what a shill thread looks like.

>mexican intellectual

Get the shovel out Pablo, you're going to build that wall and pay for it too

>literally believing you can print your way out of a debt crisis

>muh echo chamber ;_;

As long as theres still a huge crackdown on illegals and employers of illegals, mass deportations, and significant increase in border enforcement, I dont really care if an actual physical wall happens.

>meme image
>meme reply text
>irreversible butthurt
That's a trumpnigger poster alright

Honestly guys, every time I see Trump, I remember Bane's speech about false hope.

Not even trying to fit in are you?
You guys get spotted so fast.

>employers of illegals
Will never happen.

nothing stopped the mongols
they attacked Russia in winter
they had a massive land war in asia

You can't print money to get out of a debt crisis, but you can print bonds and sell them to help fund new ventures, as well as call on debt to other countries.

Trump simply adding an additional tax onto all money sent out of the US could garner rather large profits for the government.

I don't expect to, but a factory filled with robots still has employ some people (inspectors of products, manual work that still hasn't be robotized, managers, shippers, safety officers, etc).

It's mostly teenagers and young twentysomethings looking for a strong messiah with all the simple answers.

Trump is going to be another Republican when he gets elected. What promises do you think he'll break?

>What will be your reaction if Trump, when elected, says: "We're not really building that wall".
Just laugh at Sup Forums when the americans find out that Drumpf was a populist demagogue all along.

politistick.com/trump-flip-flops-on-border-wall-says-we-need-only-half-a-wall-because-of-natural-barriers/#

They honestly don't need a wall. The whole border can be patrolled by drones (or just some small blimps with cameras on them), and anyone getting across can be tracked and hunted.

If they wanted to use drone-mounted weapons, they could shoot or tear-gas anyone coming across.

Stop fucking shilling.

Bullshit. The Trump organization is probably going to built it so he can probably make a lot of money through contractual work. There WILL be a wall.

>You can't print money to get out of a debt crisis, but you can print bonds and sell them to help fund new ventures
So your solution to the debt crisis is to issue more debt?

>Trump simply adding an additional tax onto all money sent out of the US could garner rather large profits for the government.
This would destroy the U.S. as a financial powerhouse and accelerate offshoring of profits.

>I don't expect to, but a factory filled with robots still has employ some people (inspectors of products, manual work that still hasn't be robotized, managers, shippers, safety officers, etc).
Sucks for the millions of blue-collar workers that now have to pay inflated prices for everything at Wal-Mart with their McDonald's salary.

If I take that mask off will you die?

They do need a wall because the next president after him can "defund" border security.

This is almost certainly illegal.

I'm just pointing out inconsistencies in the platform of a major presidential candidate. What's wrong with that?

There really won't.

Presidents can't actually commission these things. It would require an act of congress. And because it's idiotic, congress will never, ever, approve it.

It's an absurd idea that would simply never happen.

Good point man. The Wall isn't important it is one (albeit low-tech) engineering solution to a problem. The most important point is where he stands on the issue of protecting U.S. sovereignty and rule-of-law.

.45 acp?

TRUMP LOVES BUILDING STUFF.

IT'S WHAT HE'S DONE HIS WHOLE LIFE.

IF HE GET'S ELECTED, IT WILL THE FIRST THING HE WANTS TO DO.

BUILD IT.

Not quite. They were indeed stopped by Poland, as is common in yurohistory.

>protecting U.S. sovereignty and rule-of-law
He plans on rewarding companies that have been offshoring their profits in tax shelters with a massive windfall tax break, so I guess he isn't that picky.

He's probably never going to build a wall. Realistically, it's probably easier to use surveillance techniques like drone patrols than it is to build a literal, physical wall.

Honestly if he builds a physical wall instead of just leveraging modern technology to stifle illegal border crossing, he's as dumb as liberals say he is.

My understanding is that a) they never finished the wall in time b) Chinese citizens were actually pissed because the treasury was bankrupted trying to build the shit.

>making money through activities as president is illegal
>Who are Lyndon Johnson and his wife

Holy fuck. Just stop.

>They were indeed stopped by Poland, as is common in yurohistory.
>poland
>stopping anything
>being anything other than Russia's or Prussia's sex slave
laughing_burghers.tiff

I don't care so long as he deals with deportations and border control
If he doesn't fpbp

Conflict of interest legislation would keep Trump from directing contracts to his own businesses.

In fact, I'm pretty sure as President he has to place a lot of that in a blind trust outside his control.

Honestly, that's fine, we already have a border fence anyways. WHAT WE DO NEED IS - ACTUAL ENFORCEMENT of our borders.

My hope is that Trump will definitely strengthen our border presence, and actually allow our agents to do their jobs.

>inferior race
>reeks of human shit
>dumb as a fucking stump
That's a sp*c alright

>meme understanding of debt
>meme understanding of history
>a fucking leaf
not even surprised

How am I incorrect about debt?

He won't build the wall, but he is bringing a very important topic to the public sphere about sovereignty. DC needs shaken up.

Depends on the RNC propaganda. If they want, then dumb republicans will eat up any bullshit escuse given by Trump, and will deflect criticism with any stupid ploy.

If RNC doesn't want, then it will smear Truump with this. ´

Then again, depends on RNC future goals and next election.

Why do republicans like so much Reagan if he was a failure of president, and acted agaisnt their "conservative" values?

>foaming at the mouth buttblasted trumpfag flings ad hominem in the absence of any actual arguments while falling other people "inferior"

Toppest kek

I'd like a wall/fence around Texas. I feel left out.

I find it funny how many Americans "shake up DC" by re-electing the vast majority of their state representatives.

They actually do. Some of them are too stupid to understand a wall is not the solution. Walls can be climbed, can be dug under, they can go by the sea, airplanes...

8MM MAU MAU
M
M

M
A
U

M
A
U

won't help if the dhs is literally driving vans of illegals to cities

judicialwatch.org/blog/2016/06/dhs-quietly-moving-releasing-vanloads-illegal-aliens-away-border/

We meet again. (/pt/ threads)

I believe that a manned wall wouldn't solve the problem, but it would definitely help a bit.

>lefty Sup Forums shitposting again
Because every poor spic can just grab a shovel and dig under a wall in the middle of the desert. It's not going to magically fix everything by itself, but it'd at least help.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_border_barrier

Poland was a powerfull kingdom in the middle ages.

And yes, Poland stopped the mongols, allied with Hungary and supported by germans, iirc

How much of illegal immigration is just tourists and guest workers overstaying their visas anyway?

How much of the U.S. illegal population is from countries across the ponds?

I don't think people actually expect him to build a wall. They just want him to enforce border security and immigration laws.

That's just my honest opinion, tho.

Ainda fazem disso? Que é que se fala nisso?

>I believe that a manned wall wouldn't solve the problem, but it would definitely help a bit.

In what way?
>Because every poor spic can just grab a shovel and dig under a wall in the middle of the desert.

They already did it. You are underestimating the mexicans. How do you think drug is smugled in USA?

> It's not going to magically fix everything by itself, but it'd at least help.

In what way?

Economic refugees have a lot more time to plan and gather resources for a trip in the U.S. than penniless refugees.

None of them have been as bat shit crazy as Donald though. They are just the status quo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006
>a border wall is absolutely ridiculous and has never been considered in any way, shape, or form before

In what way? If you can't figure it out yourself I have bad news for you.

That's why we need Trump.

Like 40%.
usatoday.com/story/news/2016/01/19/immigration-visa-overstays-department-of-homeland-security-report/79026708/

bush was a neocon cuck, he was never gonna build it

>How much of illegal immigration is just tourists and guest workers overstaying their visas anyway?

Exactly, they are too dumb to know that Chinese illegal immigration is larger then Mexican one nowadays (iirc). They think all illegals are mexican borderjumpers.

>They just want him to enforce border security and immigration laws

Everyone with a head in it's shoulders would think that. But no, mouthbreathers honestly believe it.

>They already did it. You are underestimating the mexicans. How do you think drug is smugled in USA?
Drug cartels are not "poor spics." Don't be disingenous.

>How does a wall in the middle of a desert many miles away from any water or other resources detour illegal immigration
Gee, I don't know.

I'm not sure what your point is. Mexicans that cross the border are largely penniless.

Realistically, I think a wall would stunt the flow of migrants into the U.S. for a few years, but would become increasingly irrelevant as smugglers adapt and come up with other ways to get people in.

This knowledge would also eventually trickle down into the general population within a few years. My guess is that the amount of "tourism" from Mexicans will tick up noticeably by around 2019/2020.

Also, why do you tripfag?

Because he is fighting an epic righteous battle against right-wing fascists

>Drug cartels are not "poor spics.

What is your point then? Mexicans would find a way.

>How does a wall in the middle of a desert many miles away from any water or other resources detour illegal immigration

Are you literally retard? There are walls already in the border. It doesn't stop them now. They could dig a tunel. And all it takes is one tunel.

>Mexicans that cross the border are largely penniless.
>Believes memes
Mexicans that cross the wall are usually well prepared, probably with jobs already waiting for them

He told us in a portuguese thread that he one of the reasons he does it is to bait you burgers. Shh.

>mfw

Mexicans aren't under as near as much pressure to migrate. They can research the alternative routes and save up pesos/contract themselves out to the cartels in return for smuggling services.

Refugees, by contrast, have almost zero support for migration (apart from what Western nations voluntarily give them) and have few funding opportunities in their camps or in Syria.