Jake Gyllenhaal

Is he one of the most respectable actors in Hollywood? Everything he does is kino. Nightcrawler, Source Code, Prisoners, Enemy, Donnie Darko... the list goes on. Does anyone else even compare?

Didn't he take Aryan Waifu's virginity?

I just love how he nailed schizophrenia in Nightcrawler by never blinking. Bravo.

Him and Ryan Gosling are the two best Hollywood actors around now. I think Nightcrawler was the best movie he's done so far. Prisoners was good too, along with Donnie Darko. I still need to see Enemy

He also seems like a genuinely decent dude. Super chill, non offensive and talented.

Also, why did this Kino shit pick back up? That crap meme died back in 08 for good reason.

>Everything he does is kino.

Yeah Prince of Persia was totes kino bro and Donny Darko was fricking deep. Upvote if you agree

>why did this Kino shit pick back up?

So neckbeards can delude themselves into thinking they have better taste than they really do

Yes, and didn't call her afterwards

By falling for the Jake Gyllenhaal meme you're every bit as bad as the people lining up for the latest Chris Pratt flick. These men are marketing tools, not actors. Nocturnal Animals/Nightcrawler are a hollywood shill job made for the express purpose of creating a new "legitimate" actor to be used in subsequent capeshit releases in order to attract the "film buff" demographic to maximize profits. This happens all the time in hollywood. They pluck out a new star with an inoffensive face from obscurity, put them in an indie shit on the cheap, and bam, they now have "legitimacy" "wow look at this hot new talented actor" appeal and can now be a new "artificial star" to hinge your summer tentpole release on.

It is all fraud, a manipulation. Jake Gyllenhaal is no more an artist, no more a human being even, than the new mcdonalds festive hamburger promotion. He is smoke and mirrors, a light show, a pretend actor.

Exact same career progression is true of all of the shilled meme actors of late. Lawrence, Fassbender, Hardy, Pratt, Isaac. By supporting these "lesser known" critical darling you are only enabling the pre-production marketing phase of the capeshit machine.

Gyllenhaal is lying to you with his very existence.

You seem to have thought about this quite a bit.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with you entirely, but regardless you make a very well-worded argument

You're definitely right in the case of Chris Pratt though

You forgot to add Brokeback Mountain to the list. I had so much respect for him when he got fucked in the ass.

That's a pretty plausible argument. However, usually the simplest reason is the real one - I think all these actors just do capeshit cause it's the big thing right now and its paying the most.

Do you think he's a top or a bottom in real life?

You only listed one good movie (nightcrawler)

Jake is reddit: the actor.

He's essentially the new Young Dustin Hoffman. He looks like him and gets cast in very similar roles as well.

you listed his only reddit movie (nightcrawler)

Jake is /our guy/

Feck off pleb

was southpaw good

You can't get more reddit than source code, prisoners, enemy. You have to go back.

Is that police film any good that he did

>everything kino
fuck off jew

you believe that?

>schizophrenia
>nightcrawler

am i being rused?

Gosling is shitty, jake is overrated in some thing and good in others

this

Any actor that does capeshit doesnt care about acting. Jake actually doesnt fall in that category

Not really. And neither is Arrival.

He's only part meme. Kind of like a memey mudblood. Appears in some genuinely good movies but also has his fair share of reddit pandering trash.

At least he's not as meme as the likes of Gosling, Cumberbatch, Redmayne etc...

He's done a lot of awful shit too

>Donnie Darko
>The Day After Tomorrow
>Prince of Persia
>Brothers
>Brokeback Mountain
>Bubble Boy

I cant believe someone was this autistic to type this out

good post

i never fell for the gylenhaal meme, didnt like prisoners dropped it like 20 minutes in, enemy sounds cool so i'll watch that though

i feel like he's been in some good movies that aren't good because of him more because of other actors/directing etc

>Donny Darko was fricking deep
it is

>schizophrenia in Nightcrawler

Every famous actor is at least part meme. It's the non-meme part that matters, and Jakey bear's non meme part is great.

he is pretty fine, just watched demolition and enemy.

>gosling
pure shit