>5/5s

uhhh ok

youtube.com/watch?v=zId7GzjdQsE
I can do you 1 more, or should i say 5

kys my dude

good taste.

dope

Organic Music Society is such an amazing album. Props

cool stuff. do you know any other stuff like bluetile lounge from that whole scene? i've looked around but i can only really find some crappy pop punk bands that are unlistenable for me.

hi dude

LOL

rate

I know what I like and got nothing to prove.

I like you are taste, man.

bretty gud desu

lol I was literally just looking at your 5s
gotta love Kistenmacher
really overlooked guy
thank you

Are you talking about Perth/Australian indie or slowcore? There's Braving the Seabed is good from what I remember from Australia and the only thing I can think of from slowcore that is the most similar to them is Codeine's 2nd album.

just got into confield recently, god damn it's good. fav track?

love tilt, fav track? it's probably basic but i cant get over farmer in the city

Shinsei Kammatechan Tsuname
Nas Illmatic
Slowdive just for a day
Brian Eno David Byrne new 2017 song
Loveless
Blonde
TVUN
Shu shu Twin Peaks cover

It's missing one 5: s/t "ekimi" from 1986. Will have to add it to rym, it's not in the site yet. Lovely record

ill have to check out that aztec thing

TLCW is great but definitely not a 10/10. Long Distance Drunk and Jesus Christ Was an Only Child are enough to know it's not. Now TM&A, that's a 10/10.

Farmer in the city is probably my fave track off Tilt, such a great album.

Lentic Catachresis by a large margin. When it just spirals out of control at the halfway point is just so amazing to hear. And that entire last half, the way it just sounds so formless and fluid coupled with such a beautiful melody made up of only two notes. I'm gushing a bit, but it is my all time favorite album. What's your favorite track?

Still, Lentic isn't my favorite Ae track, that's go to Pro Radii or Cipater.

really slowcore as a whole. i checked out braving the seabed awhile ago and i thought they were pretty good. have you heard this live version of the weight and the sea?
youtube.com/watch?v=IEbVmvsF0ac

both are absolutely fantastic, but TLCW is just a little better i think. TLCW (and really mm's discography as a whole) really has a lot of sentimental value to me. i think TLCW was the first album i really appreciated and really resonated with me on a deeper level than merely "wow this sounds kinda cool", yknow?

I agree on the sentimental value part. Trailer Trash still hits close after falling in love with the album a decade later. I just think the album is overrated because when it's amazing, it's the best indie music ever made but as a whole it stumbles in parts

Please rec me stuff

You should try out 81:03 by Antarctica
youtube.com/watch?v=JcV06nSGwzs

Have you ever listened to Homb by Cerberus Shoal?
youtube.com/watch?v=rgaTIFUZM8E

I think you'd dig Transient Random Noise Bursts by Stereolab
youtube.com/watch?v=adip93FwyAQ

Also, Rusty by Rodan
youtube.com/watch?v=SRjxl3bN2i8

i get what you mean. it still hits me really hard listening to pretty much all of the tracks on either behemoth (tm&a or tlcw)

i agree lentic catachresis is amazing. Parhelic Triangle is definitely my favorite, I just cant get over that loop and it blows my mind when it starts to break down and change a little bit each time. I just sit there thinking how the hell did they come up with this, it's hard to think humans made it

been listening to their discography but not in depth enough to have gotten into any other projects as much as confield, i'll check those out for sure

it's probably the happiest sounding record i know of, I haven't heard anything as life affirming.

i've checked out rodan but i'll listen to that stereolab album.
i rec
scenic - acquatica
navicon torture technologies - i fucking hate you all and i hope you all fucking die

did you give ITCOTCK a 5 cause it's the album you enjoy the most from KC's discography or because of it's impact on prog music and influence?

>earthling
what the fuck?

FINALLY I got a fucking reply. Almost made an image for it since people weren't visiting the link.

Yeah I thought Earthling was a pretty damn underrated album from Bowie. Loved the drum programming on it and some pretty catchy songs. Favorite track was Dead Man Walking.

Because its the one I enjoyed the most from their discog. Though, it is a rather impressive album for its time.

>no weezer
good 5's

dont talk shit about weezer, you dickhead.

Fair enough.

No he's right Weezer sucks.
If I want goofy rock with a guitarist that wears glasses I'll listen to TMBG, thanks.

blue is like a top 10 pop album of all time

I mean I wouldn't really call it "pop" but I agree.

I preferred Summer Lawns personally, but Blue is still great.

Only In Dreams has made me cry

tmbg is horrible tripe and they never wrote a good melody in all the years they spent shitting out those terrible albums.

I know you're being a sarcastic cunt, but joni is a terrible at writing music or poetry

>tmbg is horrible tripe
>Weezer is good

>but joni is a terrible at writing music or poetry

I just started today

it's very cold outside

suh sal
nice switched thumbnail

hi

>He rates singles

uh oh

I also rate Sup Forums Sup Forums posts. I'm gonna give yours a half star. Better luck next time.

>Guy who rates singles gave my post half a star.
Oh no how will I live.

You won't.

before the late 60's, singles were the dominant release format

before the late 60s everyone was a total fucking plebian

Some versions of singles are different from album versions, and that's not even including remixes.

Some songs were only ever released as singles and weren't part of a larger album.

Criticize me, or say I have good taste

Just based off your music taste I'm going to say I could easily beat you in a fight.

don't bully

>Andrew Jackson Jihad
Literally no self-respecting person over the age of 16 listens to this band.

>Neutral Milk Hotel
How is your first week on Sup Forums going?

>Antlers and Wilco
We stopped pretending these were good like 6 years ago.

>Paul Simon, Prince, Billy Joel
Your mother wants her taste back lmao

>Flood and Twin Fantasy
These are good. Delete the rest.

This was for >Beach Boys and Lewis
If you haven't realized that you're gay yet I have some bad news. Great taste in old men singing though.

>Pierre Boulez, Steve Roach and EoUI
Damn your background music for DOTA is patrician af.

>Been on a music website for 5-years and still has shit taste

go easy on me

Do you even like music?

>criticizing prince but not weezer
lole

here are my 5s

fucking love confield so much

i think i commented on your 5s the last time this thread was posted but you seem like you're kinda reactionary, like you'll hear an album and immediately think "YES THIS IS PERFECT" and then never listen to it again after rating it a 5. there are numerous albums that i've rated and gone back to change because it either grew on me or wasn't as great after a few listens. maybe you should do that.

I still need to check out tangerine dream, which one of these would you pick for a first listen?

animals is better than pink floyd's first album? i've only listened to that and dark side, i'm a pleb

hello i'm choof do you know me do i know you

tangerine dream's that good huh, maybe i'll just check out whatever has the highest rating on rym then lol. big ups to tabula rasa

downward spiral is good, i don't think it's 5/5 tier but it's up there somewhere

isn't clouddead a meme

i think i listened to tilt once and it was unsettling. do you like diamanda galas?

don't know any of these here but lentic catachresis is insane

i seems to be in the minority here but i think saw 1 is better than saw 2. stockhausen is cool

>ametsub
wew lad now that's an artist i haven't listened to in a while. really good stuff in his discog. hot rats is probably my fav zappa album

you seems like a sad boy, let me give you a hug while we listen to the caretaker

Considering I just started using RYM a few days ago, yes, I do like music.

>isn't clouddead a meme
meme as in bad?
no

>Pretend - Circular Raesoning
Fuck I love that album, current AOTY and I can't see anything dethroning it.

I can respect this

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.
How's that Oiseaux-Tempete? Would I like it if I didn't like their s/t?

>Love, Claire
Great fucking taste. Have you listened to their album that surfaced recently? It's quite good.

i mean meme as in meme or joke here on Sup Forums

I also wanted to make fun of the Miles Davis, but I got bored of typing.

Plus there's only so many ways that you can make fun of someone for having the "I'm 16 years old and trying to appear eclectic" taste.

I’m the second guy.

I have relistened to albums in my 10 section multiple times and maybe one of them I ended up changing (A Mary J Blige album) and nothing else.

Once I have an opinion on an album it’s very concrete.

>hello i'm choof do you know me do i know you
No, I don't know you.

Not him but I just listened to Hospice for the first time in years, it's still pretty good. Prince and Paul Simon are great, and Twin Fantasy isn't that good. Agree with the rest tho.

it's one of those albums that people start threads of with the lyrics in capitals, if that's what you mean, yes

okay it's just kinda weird that you have so many 5s
how many ratings do you have on rym

I like a lot of stuff I listen to.
Just reached my 800 mark a few days ago. Most recent ratings were Nina Simone (been wanting to explore her discography for a while. Looking forward to Bultimore the most)

post urs, pussy.

Honestly, I don't really know. AL-AN has some clear arabic influence, as well as some really good drums on some tracks, but I feel like you'd be turned away nontheless due to it's general sound and/or vibe, I guess? Most of the tracks are short and concise, usually around 3-4 minutes, and a 17 minute long track you can just skip at around the 6 minute mark because some dude starts narrating and the music dies down. Also, they love flowing their tracks into each other. Like, a lot.

I don't know whether you'd like it or not, you'll probably just have to listen to it.

170 5s outta 800 isn't so bad

Ayy

Is it possible to listen to those four albums in a row without falling asleep?

Is there a second page for the bands you listened to at 16 that aren't highly rated by RYM? Or do you just pretend that you never liked them?

Hospice isn't the worst album in the world, but that mid to late 00s brand of PBR indie (Arcade Fire, Interpol, Death Cab etc) just seems so dated now.

I might have to give it another try though.

Twin Fantasy is alright. I prefer Teens of Style, but it's still a good album.

storm&stress >>>>>>>>>>> Don Cabalellero

Here you go

Nah I'm not ashamed of anything I liked when I was younger and still like.

Sublime's s/t and Rob Zombie's Hellbilly Deluxe SLAP bro.

actually nice. i would 5 that too if it weren't for stars. that song is really good, but not perfect.

>Is it possible to listen to those four albums in a row without falling asleep?
liminal space and confield aren't ambient
youtube.com/watch?v=ad7K9QVVweI

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZRkOhu3KLY