"The actions of my past have caused pain and harm to a number of people, and I want to say that I am absolutely sorry...

"The actions of my past have caused pain and harm to a number of people, and I want to say that I am absolutely sorry. I do not stand in defense of myself nor do I forgive myself. I was selfish, narcissistic, and insensitive in my past, and there are a number of people who have had to shoulder the burden of my failures. I apologize for the hurt I have caused, and hope to be able to take the correct actions to earn forgiveness and trust."

brooklynvegan.com/brand-news-jesse-lacey-issues-statement-following-sexual-misconduct-allegations/
It's over, lads.

I hate how he didn't even acknowledge or apologize for the fact that he was with a kid, and mostly talked about himself. If anything, this just made it that much more heartbreaking

Some anons are theorizing that the initial claim was either false or very exaggerated, and that the person making them (as well as the guy who started the FB thread, who used to be a tech guy for them) was exploiting the fact that Jesse has a reputation for being shitty to women throughout his life. I know the kind of people that work in the music industry and other artistic areas, they can hold pretty extreme grudges and gossip like motherfuckers. If more accusations come out against him I will engage with them objectively, but Nicole's claims are decently sketchy. Especially since she claimed to have proof of screenshots and texts and then got triggered when someone in the FB thread asked her to post them. If Jesse has been with a ton of women and ended most of those interactions badly, it's not impossible that a few might slander him, girls can be particularly petty, especially in that sort of scene. Guys too when it's the other way around.

After trying my hardest to defend Lacey to my girlfriend I realized I'm just being an apologist and in denial. That being said, I will still love and cherish Brand New forever. Jesse Lacey has a lot of work to do that he needs to address but I do believe in forgiveness eventually. Fuck this is hard.

>an apologist and in denial
how did this board become so cucked. Where are you people coming from

Nah dude, just a big Brand New fan. People were giving me strange looks with my Brand New shirt when I was out at dinner. Was wondering why.

that's hard jailtime.

why would you admit to a specific accusation by a drug addict alcoholic bipolar single mother Tumblrina who brought the story up completely on her own and then said "i could probably find proof on my old computer but i dont wanna trigger myself again"

reddit

It's hysteria.

we WOKE now

sexual assault is not cool, it's not funny, it's not "based", and it's not part of /OUR/ board culture

you can take your contrarianism and irrational soggy knees over to or r/mgtow

I want nu males to leave.

>fag detected

People know Brand New enough to recognize your shirt? I have one as well and nobody in my town even knows them, or at least recognize them enough to point out my shirt.

>brooklynvegan.com
Jesus Christ...

Exactly, I struggle to understand how so many people are seriously wondering why a person accused of something completely and obviously illegal would deny such a thing. Jesse can admit to being a dick to women because that's a general thing that isn't a crime, but he's not gonna immediately cop up to statutory rape/harassment, regardless of whether or not he actually did it.

Or you know its called not being Sup Forumstard and instead being a decent human being.

Elvis, Led zeppelin, marvin gaye, guns n roses, david bowie, ted nugent, aerosmith, iggy pop, and dozens of others all fucked underage girls, fed them drugs, and even adopted them so they could bring them across state lines on tour.

but this is inexcusable

it's an SJW thing, they can only vilify one person at a time and only when it's socially acceptable to do so.

we live in the most cucked time. We have trannies as politician for fuck sakes. Literally anything someone does against women they get an influx of nu-males defending them.

Different era.

>if you don't very explicitly use SJW madeup terms that only sound natural and acceptable inside a starbucks on the most expensive neighborhood of sanfran, you're not decent and literally/pol/
LMFAO

>marvin gaye
>girls
Ok, if u sayin

all of those people who are dead or dont matter anymore, and in some cases were shit artists

Is he going to jail or nah?

Only if charges were filed, which is unlikely seeing as the girl who started all this wouldn't even post the screenshots she claims to have.

>Decent Human Being
>Made up term

It was a different era when that stuff was the norm. Besides, most groupies from that era have talked pretty positively of that time and don’t regret it. Big difference from Jesse Lacey allegedly pressuring an underage girl for sexual stuff she didn’t want to do.

Welp, it's all over. Pitchfork ran their story too. At least we got a new album before his career is destroyed forever. What is the next step for someone in his situation? Suicide? Would anyone even want to work with him again?

what circles do you run in? That's you. You're abnormal, not me

It could be worse. It's just cyber rape lmao.

>pressuring an underage girl for sexual stuff she didn’t want to do.

except she wanted to do all of it and admitted as such, saying that it was only until she was 25 when she started to regret it.

doesn't make it okay or anything but I really hate the idea that anyone under the age of 18 is completely helpless in their decisions. Jesse didn't show up at her house and demand shit from her at gunpoint, it was all voluntary

In (((current year))) it might as well be the same thing as real rape.

The mistake he's made is admitting any guilt. Unless he was proven guilty he should have stayed silent, I mean they'll already crucify him whether he did it or not assuming he does want to still have a career.

did you just echo current year

>moo will finally stop talking about brand new
feels good man

>grown man who makes music that capitalizes on teenage angst turns out to be an ephebophile
surprise, surprise

It’d be a bigger mistake to stay silent or discredit it, because judging from his statements it seems like he has a bit of a pattern with women. If he lied or ignored it it could piss off other women he’s fucked over and make more of them come forward. At least by attempting damage control and owning up to some of it he’s keeping it from snowballing.

confessing to sexual contact with a minor is not damage control. especially when she has no evidence

This

I’ve got a $20 dollar bill that lilttle girls watch him jerk off.
He’s a jerk off

Taking back Sunday is a better band, and they aren’t a bunch of pretentious dicks. I like the first three albums but Jesse has always been full of himself & I’m glad that he has to face this publicly. Most musicians I would have sympathy for in this situation but he’s a dick so I’m glad he got Weinsteined over some other talented musician.

If you aren't an ephebophile then something is probably wrong with you.

>t. Someone with no real world experience

I I I LOVE LITTLE GIRLS THEY MAKE ME FEEL SO GOOD

This, if you want to get with teenagers, you have no standards and probably are mentally at their level

(((decent human being)))

I can't be the only one who always thought Brand New was shit?
Everyone here fucking worships them but they're no better than the other shitty whiny early/mid-2000s emo bands like MCR
I seriously never got it. What made them so special

>my dick knows how to count

You know, if you're a teenager, I don't blame you for being into teens, I was just assuming you weren't. If you aren't, yeah, your dick knows how to count if you aren't a creep

Dude I’m in my early 20s and high school girls already look way too young me, just because you’re a closet pedo doesn’t mean others are too

>he literally thinks his dick can count
t. brainlet

You aren't understanding the basic grossness of teenagers, again, because you're a teenager or a creep. There's really nothing to this

>16: flaccid
>17: flaccid
>17 and 11 months and 30 days: flaccid
>18: SCHWIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGG
>My dick just magically follows the law of the land wherever I am
Yeah not buying it lad, you're just insecure about not fitting into some bs socially constructed idea of sexual attraction """"ethics""""

I’ve always found them to be just okay. They don’t have an album that’s really worth listening to all the way through like most of their emo/pop-punk contemporaries. Deja Entendu has like 4 good songs and The devil and god is incredibly overrated.

It's not about ethics, it's about not being into dumbasses and people you can't relate to. There's nothing special about 18, I wouldn't get with an 18 year old either DESU. Maybe I'm not everyone, but I think it's cooler to not creep on people that aren't as mature as you are.

No, most high schoolers are just gross and still developing. It’s like the other guy said, you’re either a teenager or a pedo

>I'm attracted to her intelligence
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you fucking numale, no one takes you seriously.
The only way a girl looks different between 16 and 21 is if she puts on weight, they're physically mature by then.
most 20 something year old women (and men) are just as immature as a late-teenage person, stop kidding yourself.

you say socially constructed like social constructs arent vital to society

>numale
And now no ones gonna take you seriously

Keep telling yourself that, but I know some degenerates and I know some cool people with standards (and they each have about the same amount of sex). You should try being one of the cool people with standards user, it's much more fun

All these haters. You guys probably don't even listen to lil xan.

That’s the key here, LATE teens, not fucking 15 like the girl from the allegations you dingus

>You should do what I say so I think you're cool
kys numale

Not much the victims could do at that time. Those who are doing the vile acts have way too much power/influence to be held responsible. But thanks to modern technology and culture it's easier to hold others responsible so that is what's happening. That being said, not all situations are like this, for example with Bowie the girl said she loved it and to this day claims to be one of the best days of her life (although a counterargument can be made that she was very young and Bowie took advantage of that.) Either way not sure what this has to do with SJW cucks or w/e meaningless buzzword Sup Forumssters and other kool aid drinkers use these days.

No I say it like it's denial to follow constructs over biology.
Which is fine, but don't act like biology isn't "normal"

bowies face when he is a bunch of ashes on a comfy patch of dirt on a Buddhist island somewhere while this is all going down

You do you, I'm just in loving life and one of the many things I'm proud of is that I'm not into kids because I can't get with anyone who has developed taste or agency

IF I PLAYED GUITAR ID BE JIMMY PAGE
THE GIRLIES I LIKE ARE UNDER AGE

this dichotomy is terrible and has wide reaching implications for how you engage with the world. is rational self interest the only thing that keeps you from killing people?

He's jumped from getting a boner to killing people
wew lad

is this a deliberate red herring or are you just really stupid

You sound like a woman desu

Women > pedos

you brought up the red herring lad
stick to sexy teens

Agreed.
Strange you would bring it up though, as you know pedophilia has nothing to do with the topic that is being discussed, unless you were legitimately retarded.

>heartbreaking
>apologist in denial
>love and cherish
>has a lot of work to do
>fuck this is hard
>Sup Forumstard
Goddamn, was some subreddit shut down and we're getting a refugee wave or something?

I never got pedos. Kids are fucking annoying.
I was always into older women.

Younger people are easier to take advantage of.

15 is legal in most countries, bro
pedophilia != ephebophilia

>you're automatically reddit for not being a degenerate shit
This is why Sup Forums is a cesspool

both are skeezy

And we wouldn't have it any other way, r*dditard

do those countries include ethiopia or some shit

To me, this honestly only furthers my personal somewhat anecdotal belief that indiefags, the musicians and some of the fans themselves, are all insufferable assholes. When I hear someone talk about how well done Brand New's lyrics are or w/e all I see is some lazy as fuck pretentious assholes who make a play at fake vulnerability because they can't make actually good music. Like, shit, such band's only redeeming point is supposed to be the ridiculously subjective concept of expression/emotion in music which is fucking absurd. Then they wonder why they appear like assholes to everyone else with this self-centered bullshit.

one is an unthinkable sin, the other is just skeezy
there's a big difference.

The age of consent in spain used to be 13, apparently they barley changed it to 16 last year

Germany: 14
China: 14
Italy: 14
Austria: 14
Mexico: 14

>apologist in denial
What of Roman Polanski and Woody Allen, do you disavow?

I'll give you that, I just don't like skeeziness and have just been in this thread only to assert my superior taste rather than make a (non negligible) moral judgement. Like most of Sup Forums

take this tabloid-tier bullshit to reddit please

if you ever though jesse lacey was some sort of moral arbiter you're a complete retard who can't even comprehend the lyrics he writes. they scream "i'm a massive asshole and a seriously fucked up person, don't feel bad for me" but you guys think he's an infallible prophet or some shit. take your attention-whoring pseudo-hot take outrage to any other website

>i'm a massive asshole and a seriously fucked up person
Yup
>don't feel bad for me
Helllllllllllll no, the dude's got this whole pity pot set up musically. That's why loser pretentious indie assholes relate to him.

I'm making fun of his virtue signalling turns of phrase.
Not defending (((Polanski)))
Allen did nothing wrong as far as I'm concerned though. Mia Farrow's one crazy bitch

>getting with a human below the age of like 19-20
It’s like you know nothing about cognitive development

fuck off nazi cunt

Where do you think you are?

Sup Forums, get off my board adolf

It's like YOU don't know anything about cognitive development
The age of consent should be 25 If that shit was the determining factor

wew lad, get off my site leon

>Sup Forums drones on and on about degeneracy all the time
>dude why do guys have such a problem with rape and sexual assault? you guys are cucked lol!

>i can dish it out, but i cant take it