Why is there such a tangible bias against poor white conservatives in cinema...

Why is there such a tangible bias against poor white conservatives in cinema? Can you honestly think of a single movie in a modern setting in which economically disadvantaged rural whites were portrayed positively? I can't think of a single example. There are plenty of period pieces and even a few that are set in dystopian settings (Hunger Games), but in general, if a movie contains poor white country folk, they are the bad guy.

Keep cryin, libcuck

I still can't believe Pennsylvania went red.

Wait, what? How did any of that come off as liberal? I'm saying there is an unfair bias against conservatives. This is why we can't have nice things.

Mud

Tucker and Dale Versus Evil

jews

>why aren't there movies that make poor white people look good

Movies are there to make you feel good, and nobody want to watch a movie about poor people.

There have been numerous TV shows, from Roseanne to Justified. Settle down.

>they are the bad guy.

I'm sorry, man...

>Can you honestly think of a single movie in a modern setting in which economically disadvantaged rural whites were portrayed positively?

Napoleon dynamite

Field of Dreams, Rudy, October Sky, etc.

Little Miss Sunshine, shitton of Sundance type stuff I don't care to try and recall the names of

Signs

my god can't you fucking apes leave this board already

your fucking dorito skin candidate won, hooray, go back to your containment board

what the fuck is wrong with these mods?

Americans are so stupid they don't even know why or who they are fighting anymore.

The greatest psyop in the history of mankind is happening as we speak.

But they ARE the bad guy, so whats the problem?

Interstellar

Usually they just lend you a truck when you need to move furniture

Not too bad

honestly i hope somebody kill drumpf

I would say it's almost the complete opposite. You sidestepped period films and futuristic films, but in general I think those are a much clearer indicator of how we view "ourselves". You bring up the Hunger Games. Katniss and friends are gritty, "real" people and they are the good guys. The people in the capitol, they are affluent, flamboyantly dressed, urban... They are the "bad" guy. This is cinematic shorthand. We skip the exposition in explaining who these people are and what this unfamiliar world is by using familiar imagery. Rural farmers = good, faggy city folk = bad. Same with Star Wars. The Empire is big and sleek and shiny and metropolitan. The rebellion is small ragtag underdogs. Luke lives in BFE and works with his hands. They are tapping into part of our modern zeitgeist that persists to this day.

You perceive a tangible bias because you are a terrible person. In reality, your perception of a bias is not bias against your but you not being put on a pedestal...anymore. Just like you perceive equality as you being oppressed. Someone else having or potentially having what you have or had dimishes what you have. If you're not automatically one step above, its like you're being forced down because you see yourself as deserving and inherently superior. It is the sign of a shit person.

Welcome to the FBI watchlist.

hmmm... really makes you think...

>Can you honestly think of a single movie in a modern setting in which economically disadvantaged rural whites were portrayed positively?
Man of Steel

Sup Forums is a Sup Forumsony and there's nothing you can do about it nigger.

containment board lmao

buddy, the entire COUNTRY is Sup Forums now my guy

you're gonna have to get used to being triggered

Stop being racist famlam love trumps hate.

Me neither.

Holy shit

Basically this

lmao the entire fucking country and ALL of Sup Forums is now Sup Forums

wew

*adjusts MAGA hat*

*grabs you by the pussy*

Now that Trump is president, we can do whatever we want and get away with it. Now get off my board, you mexican muslim.

The rustbelt went Solid Blue because of Bill Clinton promising them jobs & nothing else

In the recent years Democrats have all been about identity politics, attacking white people & Christians, globalism, warmongering, corporatism, outsourcing jobs, open borders, anti-gun, etc etc & nothing about jobs for the working man

So it's not really a surprise when you think about it, Democrats haven't learned either, first thing they did after this loss was continue to attack white people

Bill Maher is 100% right, Democrats treated Whites like a minority & they voted like one

Im an independent feminist supporter and i voted trump

Nah, they never attacked white people that's a myth. And even if they did, you can't be racist against whites because racism is privilege + power = racism.

White people don't really have a problem.

Far and Away

would Mud be a good example?

A lot of recent Clint Eastwood stuff like Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino do that.

Three word: reopening the shipyards. Trump promised to do just that. Bread & butter politics.

Liberals have always been douches and think they should be able to vote for everyone in their state, libcucks always got bullied in scool, must likely by Chad and they think a vote against white people like himself is some sort of revenge against the Bully in High School

American liberals didn't become so immersed with identity politics until the 2000s. Fuck, Bill Clinton was still talking about cracking down on inner city crime and all that.

I can't believe with the non stop SJWism of the media, that Trump still managed to win with such huge margins.

>Bill Clinton was still talking about cracking down on inner city crime and all that.
Yeah... That's what both he and Obama has done, but as soon as they get elected president they just ignored that issue and pretended they never talked about it

Cause people's trust in Media is reaching record low levels, all over the world

Idunno about Obama but Clinton did in the 1994 Crime Bill. It put a lot of crack dealers in prison for life. The funny thing is that black people kept voting for him because even they understood that crime is a national problem, and that whining about racism in incarceration fucks them and their own communities in the long term. How times have changed.

Nah Bill and Hillary are responsible for mass incarceration. But the thing progressives don't mention is that mass incarceration was a good thing technically.

Crime rates went right the fuck down as nogs got locked up after their 3 chances were up. One, two, three strikes you're out and Chicago used to have something like 17,000 gunshot victims in the 1990s. Now they have 3500+ going on 4000 this year, and this is a high year from the Ferguson effect.

This isn't really solving the root of the problem though, just the ripe results of it and turning people into slaves in the current judicial system and prison work

there are so many things wrong with this post that i don't have the time to correct everything, but no, mass incarceration has a longer history than the 94 crime bill you ignorant moron.

Maybe so, that's a different issue. The point is that Democrats were not guided by the same kind of racial-identity thinking that marks them today.

The root of the problem hasn't been solved in a single country in the entire world. It's still going on. There will always be an over-representation. Always.

Putting people away isn't solving the issue though, they just relocate the criminals to a prison

>God damn college kids trying to kill themselves

Hell or HIgh Water (2016).
Yeah they are bank robbers, and the crazy brother definitely ins't a goof guy but Chris Pine is supposed to nice

Because inbred rednecks are not attractive or lovable in any way. They keep trying to move backwards and hate anyone different than them so there is nothing inspirational or thought provoking about their way of life.

>mass incarceration was a good thing technically.
It was only good for the numbers

What they instread created is

A system where it's encouraged that the incarcerated commit crimes in prison to keep them there longer

Work factories in prison where they make plates for cars/furnitures and whatnot, anything from 0-60 cents an hour, or make-belief currency to buy from the commissary, the harsher sentences and longer time they spend in prison the more the guys who owns these prison factories make money from "slave labor"

A corrupt way of collecting money for the owners/investors of the prison, prisons are 99% of the cases out in the bushes close to some low pop town, and every prisoner counts for a citizen in that town, so the prison gets funds from each prisoner as if they were on welfare and shit, and so if anyone needs welfare or if the town needs some money to rebuild a road or build a library or whatever, their fundings get cut because the Prison gets nearly all the funding for the town

And so on

They're either the bad guys or comic relief. Just like real life.

This movie represents what's going on now basically

>Two Trump voters just want to chill in the woods
>Libcucks uses mental gymnastics to portray the Trump guys into being redneck murderers and try to kill them

Is this one of those "if you kill your enemies they win"-type of contrivances?

Weren't there some hub-hub of getting rid of privately owned prisons a while back?

>huge margins
Lots of people didn't even vote because of apathy. Trump didn't get the popular vote either.

What is complaining about it gonna do?
More about nipping the problem in the bud before they grow up to become criminals

Maybe they should have spend more time trying to win people over to their side instead of wishing everyone should kill themselves for not supporting their candidate and being in general fucking psychopath towards the unconverted.

>What is complaining about it gonna do?
I was just curious if anything came of it and if I remembered it wrong. I'm not taking sides. I know far to little about the subject to do that.

LUKE SKYWALKER IS A FARMBOY.

And OP is a cuck snowflake trembling with tears because he is TRIGGERED

I love this Sup Forums disguised as Sup Forums posting.

>muh popular vote

New York & California are not allowed to control 48 states, i don't care if Trump lost the popular vote by 100 million votes