Can I sue a place if they just up and fire me with no warning and no reason?

Can I sue a place if they just up and fire me with no warning and no reason?

Attached: pepe-suicide-640x480.jpg (640x480, 21K)

I fart and burp all the time. I seem to have gas constantly and I release it in some form approximately every 5 minutes. Apparently I do it in my sleep too.

If I'm on my own, surrounded by family or friends, I fart loudly without any attempt to conceal it. If I'm in public I still fart and burp but quieter. Even in work and in meetings I fart but I just do it quieter. They almost never smell, and even if they do its pretty mild and passes quickly.

There are only very rare circumstances in which I'll hold it in, the conditions have to meet all of the following criteria:

> I have eaten spicy food or drank lots of beer the night before
> I have farted a few times already and they fucking stink
>I'm in a social environment with people I'm not totally comfortable with

You can sue anybody at any time for any reason. Whether or not you'll win is a different story

You're now unemployed and want to hire a lawyer? Smart.

Think I could win this. I literally set a new sales record, and then, boom, you're fired. No reason or anything given just here's your last check. The fuck.

My guess is you're a shItty person who everyone was sick of being within 100 meters of so they flat out canned your sorry ass.

Your lawsuit will fail as hard as you did in that job

Wrong times 3.

The only person I didn't get along with was the one bitch that no one got along with. But I'm guessing you're that person and are now projecting your failures onto me. Kind of sad really.

If you're in a "right to work" state, then you have no protections as a worker, your employer can fire you for no reeason, and you will lose your lawsuit. MAGA, bitches.

Sad is asking Sup Forums for anything...

what state do you live in. If it is right to work state, no.

Nah that's just called discussion and venting
Fucking commie fornia

Attached: 750D2B10-1C73-4BEB-AAE7-E9B7D5D3E230.gif (332x338, 1.76M)

>California
Explains everything.

you wish it was a commie state. you don't have shit rights as a worker drone.

You can be fired for any reason, at will, by your employer.

You can only sue if you were fired for an illegal reason ( discrimination, etc )

>>California

yup the sate that needs nuked

Along with everyone living there

ok tough guy

do you live in an at will state? no
otherwise, yes

I mean I had just got settled in too. Was friends with all coworkers and the owner. Like I said I even set a new sales record for the store. I'm currently speaking with the the regional manager at the moment to see a) what the FUCK happened b) if I can get this overturned. I think I have an idea but I guess I just got to wait it out. But I need rent money.
Tbh it's just fucking LA and San Francisco. The rest of the state is pretty cool. I was born in the south and came here via military
>commiefornia

aren't they all at-will states?

Only if your contract specified that they couldn't.

>Tbh it's just fucking LA and San Francisco. The rest of the state is pretty cool.

fuck that. LA and SF are the best part.

They probably fired you because you are a trumptard

Envy. You're not smart enough to sue.

Nah nigga that's where all the bullshit stereo types of California come from. Sure the big cities have the things to do but that's where all the polygendered, demisexual panda kins come from. They also ruin the voting for the entire state.

It's only wrongful termination if the reason is horrible. If it's as simple as they can't afford to continue paying as many people and they had to choose one, then you're out of luck. They could say that they thought you'd be the one most likely to land on your feet it's completely valid

If you don't know what happened you're not smart enough to sue.

Do sue though. I bet it was something extremely fucked up and unprofessional once you find out and put your do get on it enough to meme it in court.

Any bullshit will do. It is completely horrible. Maybe not discrimination but along those lines.

If you're white and not a mutt you shouldn't even try. Discrimination against a Latino is likely to lose.

*Finger on it

So sue later? I was thinking more of using the threat of a suit to kinda get the attention of the owner maybe end up still keeping my job. I think the bitch everyone hates is responsible tbh.
>not being able to afford rent because I lost my job is on my feet
Ok.jpg

Depends on the reason, courts and business. Termination for cause takes some evidence to back it up and any decent business will prepare themselves for a lawsuit. If your employment is terminated not for cause, then that's a different issue.

Right-to-work =/= At-Will. Right to work just deals with union agreements. It has little to do with terminations.

>Fucking commie fornia
You have the better chance of winning a lawsuit in CA due to more liberal leaning policies. "muh corporations bad, muh poor people" etc etc

Not for cause, no cause was given. That's why I'm so pissed off/angry. If I had actually done anything wrong or was given any warning at all then sure.

In some form or another yes

It's not that simple. There are exceptions to at-will policy that varies state to state. Most have implied contract and statutory exceptions.

Termination without cause is simpler and doesn't have the negative consequences as for-cause.

Here are some options you can sue
-Did you have some or of binding or implied contract for employment?
-Were you fired due to discrimination?
-Were you fired for retaliation? Say if you were doing too good, and they wanted to fire you to eliminate peer competition. That might qualify but hard to prove
-Were you fired for whistle-blowing?
-Were you fired for other statutory reasons?

There's literally an entire section of law that deals with this shit. At-will states can terminate employment without cause but there's a shitload of details.

Thanks for the info m8, I'm going to try and find out exactly why I was fired.

You tough against those nukes?

Your a faggot. Just man up, and go get a new job.

>keep my job
Seriously? You wanna still work for the guy that hates you? You sure you won’t get the shit end of the stick? Or look like a giant faggot begging for your job back?

I really like the term shit-canned. Just sayin

If the situation I think happened happened then it's not from him
Lmao suck my dick

Quit being a fag and tell us wtf you think happened? I'm guessing were totally creepy toward chick "everyone hates".

> if the situation
Fag op hasn’t posted the situation. He afraid he’s gonna get btfo here cause he know he did wrong
>suck my dick
Here’s yet another example how OP is a fag.