Thoughts on the new Yung Lean?

Thoughts on the new Yung Lean?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-wH4QK-eHpc
youtube.com/watch?v=goi2_fD9AJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's really quite good and consistent. As a long time fan I'm really happy he could drop a project on this level

probably his best album

metallic intuition so good

Iceman, yellowman and Agony were my favorites, as the other user said its very consistent, I can't remember a single bad track.
I'm glad the old sad boy is back.

it's fantastic, sounds a lot like jonatanleander127 stuff which is cool that he's blending it into his Yung Lean stuff

Agony best track

Is Yung Gud producing tracks on it?
If not, I'll pass.

I've only gotten into Yung Lean recently but I did enjoy this album. Warlord was really boring, Frost God was short and snappy and his 2 most popular songs OreoMilkShake and Ginseng Strip 2002 are so ridiculous you can't help to enjoy him. I'm actually kinda suprised I like him as much as I do, he can be a bit boring sometimes but I guess he's a guilty pleasure. Favorite tracks off Stranger: Muddy Sea, Red Bottom Sky, Drop It/Scooter and Iceman. I wonder what fantano will give it.

Yeah he is but Yung Sherman and Whitearmor did some production too

Yellowman is unironically awesome
Agony is alright

Rest is shit

It's his best album so far on average. However Eye Contact from Warlord is good enough to make Warlord better than Stranger.

Most of the songs are pretty good and there's nothing overtly awful like on his previous albums. I like that he's getting more introspective and not always just spouting memes or generic trap bullshit.

i bet you will like scooter, push and red bottom sky after a few listens i garauntee it

way better then unknown memory and warlord. I adore it

Very good

its so painfully white holy shit lmao no one will remember yung lean in 20 years

>yung lean

fantano will pan it as usual, because he simply does not understand what Yung Lean is all about. He refuses to do research or anything on him or his affiliates (bladee etc) and instead gives it half a listen and then trolls about it. I don't know why, bias or contrarianism i guess

surprised nobody else like Miami Ultras from Warlord as much as I did. It's probably my favorite track, maybe even my favorite closer to an album ever. Granted, it wasn't until that article came out about all the insane shit that happened to them in Miami in 2015, but i don't think the album experience has to be limited to just the sound waves that come from it. Putting that album into perspective of what happened there makes it one of my favorites of his.

If anything, it's extra special because the hard drive the masters were on survived a fucking fatal car crash lol

AOTY easily

Miami Ultras was heat, easily the best song in the album aside from Hoover and Fire. I don't see how anyone can't see this as a Significant step up from Warlord.

Gud pretty much did the whole thing, he's the executive producer and he mixed and mastered it. Yung Sherman and Whitearmor have additional production too

why do people listen to that nerd anyways? kek

Yellowman is unironically the greatest song of the year, i recommend giving it a listen:

youtube.com/watch?v=-wH4QK-eHpc

no clue. i used to watch his stuff in high school a bit because it introduced me to a lot of new music, but there isn't really much he covers that other music publications (or this board for that matter) dont also cover at this point. I think he's mainly operating off meme culture / fandom alone.

Lean is such a bad vocalist. This cover is literally better than the original.
youtube.com/watch?v=goi2_fD9AJY
Gud and Sherman should find someone else, the production is what makes lean anyway.

the sample on miami ultras is goat, warlord is pretty underrated
>the intro to shawty u know what it do