Can we agree American architecture > European architecture?

Can we agree American architecture > European architecture?

Japanese architecture is better

yes
no

Agreed

Disagree

yes

fuck no

idk... European architecture is p good

But... it is...

Agreed
Disagreed

French=american

Sup Forums is a Japanese focused site. Fuck off scum.

but thats european architecture
neoclasicism

ok yang

Japanese architecture is gud, but USA's is better

You one of those weaboos? Not everything out of Japan is the best.

Carbon copy or roman architecture

This style of architecture is called Neogreek or Greek revival.
So your "American architecture" is a copy of a copy of a copy of ancient European architecture.

brunei has some great architecture tho

>muh cultural appropriation
if its true than all of christendom is copying sandkikes

american neoclassicism screams desperate "we wuz europeans n sheeit"

but they wuz

Does crossing an ocean somehow delete European heritage or something?

one drop rule, youre all negroes.

>american architecture

so are you tbf

i am sarmatian

but that's just copied european architecture user

No.

Also, those buidings ars based in european style arquitechture.

>Greeks made buildings in 100000BC and Eurocucks are still using the same design
Really makes you think

The problem is when the "muh murrican monuments" are made by european people or with european style.

>kitsch copies of European art
>superior to anything
Also, that's one tiny dome

That's Italian architecture

Also, I would love tu know what is the murrican architecture diversiti not based in other european styles clone skycrapers?

american architecture is a copy/adaptation of european architecture ya dingus

>The United States Capitol dome is the dome situated above the United States Capitol which reaches upwards to 288 feet (88 m) in height and 96 feet (29 m) in diameter
>Brunelleschi's dome stands 116 meters tall and has a diameter of 55 meters
TINY
AMERICAN
DOMES

>the entirety of american architecture comes from muricans that studied in the école des beaux arts and applied french canons back home.

yeah nah you're a cunt.

Not to diminish the relevance of French architecture, but American architecture is clearly aping the Palladian neoclassical style, since they roleplayed hard at being Romanz'n shiet

It's a characteristic of the movement. The school of beaux emphasized on greek and roman architecture with a hint of french classicism.

>tfw we still use the imperial system so our domes don't seem as small

uninspired shit

Just a cheap knockoff of Chinese shit.

Americans are much, much better at building new/modern things.

Europe is basically "WE HAVE CULTURE BECAUSE WE HAVE OLD BUILDINGS" while at the same time plopping down shoddy coppies of American skyscrapers withing spitting distance of said "MUH CULTURE".

Same with American cinema, a lot of big directors from the 80s and 90s were inspired by French Nouvelle Vague. But once again, the Americans are actually doing relevant shit right now while French cinema can be described with the following words: "how many Algerians can we shoehorn into this meaningless American style feel-good movie?".

European "culture" is merely its history, while American culture is the present. American culture is vibrant, changing, alive. European culture is retrogade, navelgazing, static... dead. If you don't believe me, I defy you to name me one significant French movie from the past decade. No, shit like "Taken" doesn't count, it's in English starring an American Hollywood actor with primarily an American audience.

It's no secret US has tiny domes

DELET

Japanese architecture burned pretty nicely.

but american architecture is just an extension of european one

I'm guessing OP is fully aware of that and just wants to troll Europeans.

The Capitol and the White House are literally based off the Roman Pantheon and the Parthenon in Athens.

The Capitol and the White House are literally based off the Roman Pantheon and the Athenian Parthenon, respectively.
Chinese architecture > Japanese architecture
Prove me wrong.

Derivative cultures are always inferior to the real thing