Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums

I live in bumfuck country nowhere.
Only entry jobs available are trucking jobs, food service, or family businesses.
First two of which are not appealing to me.
Family businesses also don't seem to want to hire anyone outside of their family or close friends.

There's trade jobs but nothing that's openly available to just anyone.
They all want years of experience and/or many years of schooling.
Schooling which costs a ton of money and is very far away from me.
And honestly that doesn't really appeal to me much either.

I have $400 to my name right now.
My only experience working is in retail.
I just want a job that I can survive off of,
Something I go in, do my work, and go home.
No bullshit.

Am I fucked?

Attached: 1449957054697.webm (340x436, 528K)

Go to a community college and do well, transfer to a better college and continue to do well, work your ass off with jobs/internships, move to a non shit area in the east or west coast and get a nice job that will give you a comfortable life.

*This

My wife and I started out poor on food stamps and shit and worked our asses off to get out of Mississippi. We took turns going to college and she got accepted to a West coast school and I was able to get a decent job with my degree.

I'm alone. No GF and with no job I doubt I'll be getting one soon.
Also $400 isn't enough for classes...
What do you people do for work?

So where do you live?

I'd get into a trade, I have been a electrician labourer for 6 years and am not an apprentice for one year. One thing I can say about it is every day is different, you have to think, and I've actually never been bored (I don't like most of what I do, but I never get bored)

Where and how does one start out with no money?
My family isn't poor and makes good money but they won't help out for school.

Tennessee
Like I said, no trades want to take on newcomers. And they're a dime a dozen down here. Bunch of retired ones who do that sort of stuff as odd jobs. Trying to get into a trade school again costs money, and I'm not exactly that interested in it. So again a job comes first.

But with only retail experience under my belt, and shit jobs that want people with experience (of which I don't have) available...how does one make money?

Well retail will probably get you nowhere, I'd save-up and study something.
And trades will take you on if you're keen, just say you'll work the first week for free, plumbers especially get paid heaps and are in high demand, they're a bunch of queer cunts though.

But if you want just a normal job, can't you just ask around about whats the highest paid non-qualified work in your area, then do that?

Don't know what I want to study.
Really not interested in schooling. Like the very idea is dreadful and stressing.

Far as trade jobs go regardless of that? Craigslist and LSN is filled with people just posting their work and saying they'll do jobs. All these retired tradesman are offering up work.

Not really any places to go and ask to work at. Just a bunch of family businesses that want to keep it in the family.

Tits or gtfo

I don't really mean places to ask, but like friends and family must know about the factory which has the highest wages, or whatever.
Maybe you should move, get a job on an oil rig or something

Dont listen to these faggots. If you live in a small town it shouldnt be too hard to murder everyone in town. Then yiu get to be king of the town and live where you want and do what you want when you want.

We just moved here.
We know no one.
Nearest factory is a little over 2 hours away.

>Maybe you should move, get a job on an oil rig or something
With $400 to my name? Somehow I don't think that'd last me that long...

You're a faggot looking for excuses.

Maybe try looking for a job instead of looking for life advice from retards on Sup Forums ?

Attached: 1515351176163.png (1019x640, 51K)

Real advice nigga.

Get a second job or pull more hours at your first job. Cut down on your expenses. If you're living alone, try finding a roommate or some cheap as fuck place to live in. Leave frugal as fuck. I mean like, 3 dollars a day for food frugal (rice, beans, chicken, salsa, lentils, eggs, shit like that). After a few months, you should have moderate savings. Put yourself in a community school. Apply for the Pell Grant. This would give you ~5500 a year because your income is shit. Tuition at a community college is like... 1k a semester, so you'll net some money just from going to school. Work while doing this because community college is probably like 4 hours of school a day max. Look for internships. A degree means shit. It's ALL about experience. After a year or 2 of school, transfer to a state college, if it's affordable (IDK their costs). If you worked hard getting decent grades (only need like a B average 3.0) but had tons of experience, you'll get hired easily.

You just didn't read OP's post at all

No he did not...

you gotta move my guy

save up for a car like an suv so you can live in it and move somewhere busy. Look for an overnight job at amazon and you'll make 14/hr and can afford to room with someone on craigslist or a studio if you try hard. You'll be doing what you wanted.

Delete all other posts except this one.

Cool

Am actively looking for work.
Active on 8 online job boards where they're posted.
Have a resume made up and everything.

But like I said in my original post, it's pretty much just trucking jobs, food service, and family owned stuff who only hire other family members/friends.
The trucking thing I think is spam cause they post 30-50 times a day per site. Which seems ridiculous.
I've applied at a few of the food service joints around here but so far I've been told by locals that they mostly just hire women. Cooks have to have experience (of which I don't have)

I'm not really interested in any trade jobs and again, even if I was, it's mostly retired guys who've done it all their life looking for work on the side. Trying to intern or become an apprentice hasn't worked out either cause no one's taking anyone in.

And I wasn't raised in any trade cause I was born in, -and raised, in NY. Living in TN now I have zero skillsets to get a job. Least I had spending money when I worked retail in NY...

Can't even find a 1st job.
I don't buy anything really. I pay for car insurance and my phone bill along with my own food. That's it. And I eat cheap.
I live at home.
Can't move out to start somewhere else with just $400.
So no money for school either.
Again living at home so our household income is above that line.
And once again, no internships. There's no city or big business around here. Only people who have worked trades and are retired. I swear it's like I'm in fucking florida. No one works. Just live off their pension.

Agreed. I hope his post was copied and pasted otherwise he spent a bunch of time typing up nonsense cause he didn't read the thread.

I'm aware it sounds like a bunch of excuses but I'm a realist and this is my situation. I have no idea what to do except hope someone from a food service place or gas station or some shit calls me.

I have a shitty 91 Toyota SUV.
Doesn't even have a 5th gear anymore.
And with $400 to my name I can't imagine I'd make it very far.

I'm sure I am gunna get shit for this but fuck it. Go work for walmart. Try to start off as a sales associate. Don't start as a cashier or you'll most likely get stuck there. Don't piss people off, don't rock the boat, do your job and do it well. It is literally the easiest place to promote. I got hired and only intended to work there 6 months to make some cash before finding something else. I had a good work ethic and did what was asked of me. Three years later I got promoted to Assistant making 53 grand a year. Its not the greatest shit in the world but I live very comfortably (nice car, just bought a house, etc.). I guess that is possible anywhere with the right attitude though.

No, I read that shit nigga. It's just not plausible. You're basically saying "I want to be a millionaire without doing shit". You can't. Only way you're going to get a job is through school. You can't say "I want a sustainable job without knowing shit". You're putting yourself into a fucking loop of not having enough money to do shit and not doing shit so you won't ever be able to do anything to make money.

No where did I state anything about being a millionaire.

I'm completely content with a small house.
Hell, I'm content with a bloody trailer in a field.
I don't need a lot. I get by with the basics and it's enough for me. I'm happy.

Shit dude, sort of the same as where I live in right now. Sounds like you're in Ohio. Basically the same except Ohio is full of factory and warehouse galore. I have not worked for 5 years and have been living off disability pay (not even my disability can prevent me from working but apparently it does when I apply for jobs and get denied because I have a disability).

So don't move to Ohio if you were even considering it. Piece of shit state that discriminates you if you have a disability. Move to Ohio if you don't mind getting cancer from working at factories or get a lot of body injuries if you want to work at warehouses.

Did you even read my post? I said "basically", as in, in essence. I didn't say you said that specifically. But that is basically what you are saying. But let's not argue about semantics. What specifically are you saying then? You're basically saying you want a 35k/year job without having to go to school right?

Do you not have any temp agencies around you? IDK how much you are looking for immediately, but there has to be some agencies around that can at least get you going day to day to alleviate some pressure on your "only 400 dollars to your name".

One temp agency who's only position was in a city over 2 hours away. Not exactly helpful.

At this point I'll take part time. Don't even care.
Hence why I'm willing to work shitty fast food places/crappy food service jobs or even as a gas station cashier.

learn code/programming
thousands of free resources online
work/study 12+ hours a day for a couple months
land small remote work in webdev/tech
network
keep climbing

i'm a retarded poorfag 0/10 girl, if i can do it, why can't you user?

Attached: 1338471717257.jpg (1024x768, 61K)

is that Rebecca from warframe, if so please tell me which stream date is this??

Attached: 0 (1).jpg (480x360, 10K)

Don't even have an excuse for this one.
I'm just not smart enough.
Took 2 different intro to basic programming classes in high school. Each class was less than 10 people. So we had a teacher able to help. I just never grasped it. Failed both of 'em.

Sometime around Prime Time 99.
At the end of 99 they say Mogamu that shitty youtuber was gonna be on stream. Then during the stream with Mogamu she pulled this.
You won't find it on youtube or twitch, they edited their videos to take it out. Just like they always do.
Like that time Reb was in her red dress and was sitting down doing whatever, got up to walk back to the couch and you could see a small wet spot on the back of her dress from where her pussy was when she was sitting.

construction guys always need helpers,
most are honest joes who will OFTEN not always,take on a helper/apprentice to hold planks,carry & stage tools & materials at the site the,find where there is a large tract being developed,trades in involved are tractor earth movg equipment,electrical,framing plumbing,scavenger hauling,pack the shoulder bag with lunch coffee a fast food sandwich & a couple sweet rolls, good gloves,boots,lge bottle of water,out in the sun means sunburn exercise
a first aid kit,put the stuff in a shady place where you can leave the cell so it does not get baked.
include a one or 2 page resume,stg your education,background, I did this 30 years ago,it is a way to earn learn and a source of leads into a trade that can buy you a nice ride house on the prairie,and a barefoot mountain girl

i'm a certified retard

it's not about being smart, you just need to put in the time and have a goal.

try html/css (easier than programming) via w3schools or codeacademy

Attached: 1341482215944.jpg (792x1224, 138K)

>Prime Time 99
thanks man.

Also why not try getting a job at a call center, i work for Verizon outsourced center, we get pay shit but in the US comcast sales or tech support get $14-$17 Hr wage, and if u r in sales u get commissions, in VZ like 3 years back with the strike going on VZ was trying to cover the Hrs of 5pm-12am and 12am-9am with a $5 extra each hr, but UNION sayd nah ah, this nigga only works from 9am-5pm and NO WEEKENDs, they went into strike, they offer more money, said no, only work weekadys and want $15.42-$16.80 Hr, so VZ wants outsource for all those Hrs that people are off from work and call in for help, call centers are always hiring just to keep quota running, its one of those jobs that many quit but pay some what well

Attached: 1472891266179.jpg (470x496, 57K)

Forgot to mention, most centers don't require a degree or specialty, they train you and get certified for what ever shit they offer

Attached: e6a3b189ee0051f59d49f71e2ba08f01ec56b932664adde1cfffeeaf2bdcfe78.jpg (346x346, 22K)

The pic forgot about Jerry.
He streams video games and gets a month worth of 10 dollars an hour in 1 day.