Do you guys think we'll be able to fix the growing issue of political polarization...

Do you guys think we'll be able to fix the growing issue of political polarization? Or is political and social discourse gone and we're all just gonna be circlejerking whatever our political parties tell us?

Attached: IvBEYj0.gif (248x193, 640K)

the only fix is kys

Maybe one day we'all finally start group therapy AKA World War III and settle our differences

People are tribal by nature, user. So, unfortunately, no I doubt we ever will.

Attached: 1519272693883.jpg (500x667, 59K)

remember: when you listen to the crap the ruling class feeds you, YOU lose

After the last election my family has pretty well split apart. Didn't think that would happen.
The irony is that 90% of my family is conservative but only a few are in love with trump but have managed to clusterfuck everything for everyone else.

Attached: trump_supporters.jpg (1021x1024, 101K)

The fundamental problem is the framing of "our political parties." Until that is done away with there will always be poles to polarize toward.

It's the most asinine thing in the entire world. The sweeping vast majority of people just lead their own simple lives, and beyond getting off their ass to vote once every 4 years, they hardly ever think about "being a democrat" or "being a republican." They're not profession activists or politicians. Their extra-involvement in the process is maybe reading bullshit articles that favor one party over the other.

They aren't "our parties." They're oligarchs. They only care about you so much as to get your vote. They're not beholden to you at fucking all.

the problem is people watch the puppet show and think what they see is real
remember to watch tv and read news

Attached: 1520642744496.jpg (1036x777, 217K)

Social media is already trying to control the gp by turning straight men into homosexuals.
If you think I’m lying.
Just think about the rise of homosexuality.
Of course it’s always been around but especially in today’s time
We can see it’s being pushed a lot more and more

Man I'm exhausted. I managed to garble the fuck out of my own post.

This guy gets it

I understand where your coming from user. It seems we are slaves to the machine.

The rise of homosexuality was due to an older and middle generation finally being able to come out of the closet and the newer generations not having to be in the closet so much in the first place.

You can't turn people gay, you can only turn their love for traps against them to the point they indulge their natural craving for dick

Social media (or mainly just the internet at least) is to blame. You can’t take one fucking click without seeing more shit. Used to be back in the day you had to read the papers and watch certain news channels to keep current. Now you can’t go on Facebook without someone sharing some charged political article (both sides). Or one mention of an opinion turns into a fustercluck. We’re so connected now, everything is seeping unto everything. I’m very scared of the long term effects

A bipartisan political model is garbage. With only two parties and two sides to every issue there is always direct opposition on everything. There is too much arguing and not enough compromise. Everything becomes a dick measuring contest. The average citizen suffers.

It's somewhat ironic that despite being more connected than ever, we're also much more divided.

Thanks mang

This. Instead of a more nuanced approach to issues we end up with two political extremes trying to out-do each other.

>political polarization

Lol seriously? People have always been politically "polarized" in their opinions. The only difference is that now everyone has social media, so they can spout their stupid opinions in big blocks of text for all to see.

People have always been fags about their beliefs.

Traps is how it starts

True. But I think now we've reached the point where the extremes are a bit more prevalent than the moderates, the middle ground is slowly disappearing and it scares me.

and as an independant thinking impartial observer floating above the sorry morass of hugh mani tee,how do you propose we should alter our world view?

No, your post makes a lot of sense. American politics is pretty fucked.

>growing issue
It has been an issue for years and years and will continue to be an issue, it isn't getting any more out of control than before.

yes we will fix it, by killing jews and commies.

The middle ground is still there, they've just been quieter than usual after noticing how retarded both political parties have become in the past decade. Hopefully that won't lead to somebody pressing the big red button soon, but people have always been stupid and loud about their political opinions.

This is what makes America terrifying and beautiful at the same time.