I want an actual reason why this movie isn't a piece of shit. No memes or bullshit...

I want an actual reason why this movie isn't a piece of shit. No memes or bullshit, just please explain to me why this board jerks off to this movie.

Contrarianism

Sup Forums is a board for insightful people who can see past mere superficialities like a coherent plot.

this is probably true

we won't know until decades later if it really is a masterpiece because people would still be talking about it

It's ambitious both visually and thematically. Also it's a decent action flick excepting a few embarrasingly bad creative choices

>inb4 evans

Go back to tumblr you cuck

Something something religious symbolism something something nu-males

Just as good (or bad) as any marvel movie

>ambitious both visually and thematically
How?

This, Marvel would never be this ambitious with a $250 million budget

Honestly I dont think we will ever see another movie like BvS which is kind of sad whether you loved/hated the movie

excellent visuals, nice themes, some nice character moments

good build up

interesting take on a batman on the verge of total insanity and a human superman that has trouble finding the best way to use his powers and his place in the world

KINO
I
N
O

It's capeshit. It still shit no matter what, but it is a way better kind of shit than anything else you have out there.

It's a big movie

DARK ALL IN DARK

DUST EVERYWHERE

When you can barely see shit, its stil shit

Fuck off Marvel cocksucker. I don't need to explain myself to an ultrapleb.

>I want an actual reason why this movie isn't a piece of shit

In the Batman v. Superman Director's cut it is 57 minutes before Batman/Bruce and Supes/Clark meet each other and share a shot on screen.

Of course because of the movie's horrible pacing this is merely shaking hands at a cocktail party.

Usually movies that have the word Versus in the title are not overloaded with backstory and heavy with focus grouping, but this one managed to do it.

The fact that Marvel movies are shit doesn't make this not shit. Both are total shit.

>I didnt like it, so its a cemented fact that its a "shit movie"
>Everyone else must prove themselves

Autism makes me sad. Is it hard living with your condition?

One word: Coolnes

This movie wasn't great, it wasn't a masterpiece but god damn it was fucking cool!

This. Why Snyderfags trying to prove that BvS is not shit using "b-but marlel is shit!" card? It's both capeshit. Marlel is just much more successful and not wasting potential of source matherial.

lets hate everything together m8.

2deep4u

superman could eye laser batman in the mouth

he could throw something from out of range

he could... a million other things that we could list forever

the idea that batman could ever, ever threaten superman is fucking stupid.

the movie failed in therms of plot.

I know your tactics Disney shill fuck. Go shill some more Rogue One.

This movie is the greatest movie ever made

plot is just support to depth and substance
skin of the movie

quads confirm

Pretty meh capeshit movie with few really great scenes.
Absolutely horrible and disgraceful adaptation.

OK, Here's my whole journey, just for you, OP. Going to type it all out first, so consider this a placeholder as well as a bump.

Fucking hell every BvS thread i learn something new

Jonathan "Pa" Kent is arguably the greatest villain in modern cinema. Zack Snyder turned a bland farmer from Kansas into more than just the adoptive father of Superman; Pa Kent is now the catalyst that turns the Over-Man into a vicious killer, a dark messiah who offers hope only of being in his shadow.
Jonathan Kent is not an important man on the surface. He has an ailing farm and a wife who may share a name with the Wayne matriarch but has none of the wealth or the charm as that Martha does. Plagued by the sounds and sights of drowning horses and his own premature impotence, Jonathan finds the child his wife always wanted in the alien he names Clark, the creature he sees as the ultimate tool of vengeance upon the world that has mistreated him. Gone are the dreams of old, gone the days of hard working men like President Truman or Jonathan's father. Now the world is a gutter, filled with the sex and blood of thieves, whore and murderers. Jonathan sees in Clark the potential to create a messianic figure, a symbol of hope people could look up to as their new god, and thus he begins to lay the groundwork of his plans. He almost blew his cover when Clark saved a busload of children from drowning. All the trouble to sabotage the bus' brakes, and now the boy ruins everything. Jonathan couldn't have his boy plagued by the same sights and sounds of drowning life as he himself is, so he had to take more drastic measures. He had to die before his son's eyes for a pointless reason, to show that the life of a human being is worth no more than that of a dog's.
Jonathan Kent will teach you the Superman. He is lightning, he is madness!

Kek

The Disney shills are mad as fuck. The Dr Quips threads are embarrassing. They've given up talking about their capeshit.

Damn, someone save it pls. I wish to see that in every BvS post.

I've got it saved since I made it, I've got you covered.

Bravo Zack.

Yeah Dc doesn't shill movies, that's why you're still making threads about this movie 9 months later trying to convince others it was "good" and "kino" with your embarrassing infographs and hamfisted philosphies.

The box office season is over. If I wanted to shill, I would do it nine months ago. Unlike the Disney shills who hog up the catalog with flavor of the month with their "a-atleast it's fun!" non-posts. Fuck your kind.

>implying I'm the OP

kek. hillary losing and dr quips crashing is taking a toll on you bro

Thx, mate. It's first actually good analysis of Pa "I hate humanity" Kent.

>talking about movies during their release is shilling

You are a paranoid retard

That's what you accused me of. And now when I brought the heavier proof against you, you suddenly backpedal with the shill accusations. Go on. Tell me how great Rogue One is going to be. Maybe attempt to force a meme or two?

>be me
>come to Sup Forums for the first time
>see the new ghost in the shell movie trailer for the first time
>watch and read the thread to discover that it probably won't be good since Sup Forums doesn't like it
>sadface.jpg
>next thread down I discover that Sup Forums likes BvS
>pic related

you have to go back. there are no upvotes in here

>everybody I don't like is new
>everybody I don't like is from reddit

kill your fucking self

checked

When Batman is spying after Lex and his gang when they're pulling out the Kryptonian vessel and transferring it, he finds that Superman is there and crashes into him, which leads to the short showdown between them.

A. Did Supes know Bats was going to be there? If so, how? If not, why was he there?

B. Wasn't Superman concerned about what the Lex guys were transporting? Couldn't he see they are carrying kryptonite and shit? Even if they were smart enough to block it with lead, wouldn't it look fishy to him, especially in light of Bruce being there doing detective stuff?

>BvM
BvS* obviously

I don't think it was a piece of shit, it was just okay(to me anyways). The pacing was way off and there were moments when I was like, " I understand what is going on bc I read comics but like 1/2 these people I went with don't bc they don't know who darkseid is." Honestly I think I was just massively disappointed. It was Batman vs Superman!! I mean that was supposed to be AWESOME, but instead it was "okay"

This, they can't resort to defend their own movies because their are so bland and formulaic, they have to make threads about console war shit to hide the fact that Dr. Quips is making embarrasingly less than Suicide Squad, the worst movie from the DCEU

>>come to Sup Forums for the first time
>>everybody I don't like is new

You can shill better, apply yourself!

There are none.

Satire and/or memeing

I wonder why of all of the studios and all of the movies, Warner Bros would give Zack Snyder near complete creative control of a major studio release but micromanage every other thing that comes out until it's souless corporate garbage

Well they did hire Patty Jenkins, Wan and other people with a name of their own instead of people from tv shows or Troma movies. They are more artistically hands off than that

the only reason "people" are talking about it now is because its the corner stone of WB's business plan for the next decade.

>zack snyder
>creative control

Hes a whore who will do literally anything and smile about it.

>Bruce being there doing detective stuff?

... that is definitely a weird way to describe blowing up cars and buildings

Yes goy, it's a WB conspiracy. Nevermind Suicide Squad who was just recently released but never gets threads. Also remember to buy Marvel's liberal propaganda. Remember, a vote for Trump is a vote for racism! Are you a racist? No? Then stop watching WB and start consuming Disney content instead.

These Marvel nutjobs are really mad over BvS now. In the past weeks we've had some really good BvS threads because the shill wars had ended and you could actually talk about the movie without some Chinese fuck selling you shit.

And then said Marvel shills noticed how their Dr Quips threads were dying prematurely while people were making good posts on BvS and why they liked it. So the past few week, they've ramped up the anti-BvS rhetoric. They don't even care about Suicide Squad anymore. They want this boat sinked before it gains momentum.

These shills are here. And they won't leave. They are the same people who for months on end argued for why The Force Awakens is good. Why Civil War wasn't irredeemable shit. These people are killing Sup Forums.

And why would be talk about it for that reason?

When I first saw MoS, I generally liked the movie, in spite of what I found to be some troubling choices, specifically regarding a certain scene with a tornado. Overall, I neither loved nor hated the movie. It was just sort of there. When I heard that the follow-up was going to be called Batman v Superman, I got really, really excited, because from what the promos showed, it looked like some sort of live-action adaptation of the comics story "The Dark Knight Returns." I only vaguely knew Snyder as a director, having only seen 300, Watchmen, and MoS, liking the former, being pretty pleased with the latter, and pretty indifferent about the last. I thought I'd seen enough to know what he was capable of, what to expect.

After seeing it, I was sort of disappointed. I felt like I understood what they were going for, but it all just felt off, somehow, from the casting of Eisenberg as Luthor to the portrayal of Superman(loved the Batfleck from the start), to the imagery that just didn't seem to make much sense. One image kept coming back to me, though. The same image that I kept seeing people post here. The image of Superman hovering above the flood. Since it just wouldn't leave my mind, I was only too happy to join a separate set of friends when they went to see it. I told them going in that it was going to be a lot different than what they might be expecting. The experience was different for me on that viewing. More things started falling into place. I started noticing things I'd missed the first time, and when we arrived back at the flood rescue, it really started to click. My friends enjoyed their first viewing much more than I enjoyed mine, and one friend remarked that it was cool the way they showed people starting to worship Superman.

When I got home that night, I watched MoS, and even more fell into place. I realized that the creative team had given us a Superman origin that was also a "First Contact" scenario, where we started seeing how the world reacts to the knowledge that there was a god-like alien living among them. It was all there in Pa Kent's words and actions, in Perry's question to Lois("Do you know how people would react?"), even in Zod's broadcast where he repeats, "You are not alone," the entire scene reminiscent of the old 60s intro to "The Outer Limits," while also calling to mind another sci-fi classic. Amazed, I realized that Clark's bus rescue perfectly foreshadowed what we see shown in BvS - Superman in panic mode, doing more than he even needs to do, and people interpreting it as the actions of a god.

I realized that Clark's flashbacks evoke emotions similar to the changing emotional landscape of a growing child and how he perceives his parents, from perfect idealized nurturers, to fallible human beings, to foolish elders whom we rebel against, to the beginnings of the child's own reconciliation, understanding, and wisdom. I was floored. It was masterful, and so much more creative and artistic than what I'd ever have expected in a movie about a superhero.

I started to realize that Snyder was combining overt uses of imagery to wake his viewers up to instances where it was employed with more subtlety. That made me think that maybe the religious symbolism might mean more than simply met the eye. This was when I started to see how it was being employed to accomplish several things at once - to comment on the dichotomy that exists between perception and reality, to clue the viewer in to when someone was thinking of Clark as a god figure and maybe even to indicate Clark's effect on the people of earth and magic returning to a mundane world, both in a literal and a figurative sense. Only recently did I become aware of yet one more function it serves - distraction.

It's not the board that jerks off to this stoolie, it's the autists that have all day open for spamming the shit out of it that do so. Most sensible people recognize it for the sorry, misconstrued and boring tripe it is. The mental patients derive some manner of satisfaction from praising irredeemabe shit and using their high-school-tier argumentative skills to turn an inexcusable flick into some highbrow kino. It's almost hilarious.

Now tell me how much you loved Civil War.

Spare the effort. You are replying to a Marvel capeshiteater who is full of jealousy. All he has is videogame movies.

With all this in mind, I entered into the Ultimate Cut with wholly changed eyes, and at last could see and fully appreciate the deft hand of an artist at work. I'd previously picked up on how Bruce was playing the part of post-911 America, but it finally occurred to me that the allegory extended far beyond just his character. Why would America fear Superman?

Simple. Superman doesn't represent America in this story.

I realized Lex was not only trying to drag Superman's good name through the mud, but was doing so in some very specific ways - war atrocities and bombings. The media, whether in Lex's pocket or otherwise("Do I own this one, or is it the other guy?") plays right into it, engaging in sensationalist reporting and painting Superman as being somehow complicit by his silence and inaction, and appealing to the same xenophobia and paranoia that colors Bruce's own perceptions. Does this remind you of the treatment any other group of people gets in the Western press?

Once again, I returned to MoS to see if any hint of this allegory was present, and indeed it was - in the Kryptonian Codex.

Consider this for you, then.

I think its just simpler than that.

>be retarded
>a movie comes out on your intellectual level
>everyone who isn't retarded shits on it
>you're too retarded to understand why

then on top of that, since these people can only see movies chosen by the tard-committee, so they get dragged to civil war and force themselves to hate it to feel less retarded than the people who are more retarded than they are.

"Codex" is, for all intents and purposes, just another word for "book." This particular book is the source of the Kryptonian genetics program. It is Zod's religion. It's all over everything he says in regards to the program, but he's not content to simply follow the "word" of the book, he wants to edit it, amend it, to decide what's worthy of bringing forward into his people's future and what "degeneracy" should be left behind. This makes him labeling Lara and Jor as heretics tellingly ironic, for not only does the call of heresy betray the religious overtones the program has for him, but also betrays him as a heretic as well.

Jor has taken the program, the book, and infused it into the body of his son Kal. For Kal, this means that the "book" of his people is just a part of who he is, much in the same way that people of the West have historically been Judeo-Christian, culturally, irrespective of whether or not they've stepped one foot inside a church or a synagogue, so it's apparent from this perspective that Superman represents the more secularized Muslim, neither devout nor a fanatic, just Muslim by virtue of culture. Moreover, as an "alien" with the power to "burn it all down," he's almost undoubtedly meant to represent Islamic nuclear powers, like Pakistan is and Iran almost certainly will be one day soon.

And therein lies the message. These films tell the story of what it will take for the West to see the East as a hero - it must stand up, define itself in unambiguous terms, and slay some of its own monsters for a change. It also tells us that the West must stop chasing vengeance and start seeking justice if it ever wants the world to see it as a hero again.

There is all this and much more. This is what comics can do when allowed to be poetic and mythic. No one has ever made a cape series like this. I doubt anyone else will even have the balls to try.

Cool it there, Mickey Mouse. Don't you have a capeshit thread to make that dies after five posts?

Superman is not Islam. He's Christianity. The movie states this over and over again. You are not seeing the visual imagery right. There are constant references to Jesus all over the place. The characters even refer to him as some sort of messiah.

It's called misdirection. There's even a scene with Jon Stewart slapping you across the face with what you're not seeing.

In what ungodly way is Islam a saviour of America? It is nothing but a tumor. Superman is a misunderstood saviour.

oh shit, its that one guy who thinks snyder is referencing militant and moderate islam on purpose. or doing anything on purpose really.

Zod is Al Qaeda. Doomsday is Isis. He even starts his life destroying a monument to a "false god."

Yea, you're totally not cherrypicking at all.

>one word
>can't spell it correctly

No he's not. He's a hero that people insist on seeing as a savior.

Ehm it has 27% on RT, everyoen hates the shitty movie. You are the minority who likes it lol

In what ungodly way are muslims heroes? And no, Superman is definitely the saviour of mankind in this movie. He destroys Doomsday which is unstoppable. And then mankind is saved.

I suggest you look less at politics and more at religion.

No, they see him as as god. Because hes been random and ineffectual, doing nothing of any importance for 18 months or so, people just see him as a slightly more effective target of prayer than God.

Sup Forums doesn't like this flick though. It's been proven time after time it is redditors and twitter users with no cinematic skill set

>m-muh RT please consume liberal propaganda or suffer the wrath of bad reviews
The Dr Strange thread is probably still up. Go there if you care about what liberal bloggers think.

>Marvel shills don't like this please go watch Dr Strange it has tons of liberal journalists giving it good reviews

The majority doesn't like it therefore you must prove why it doesn't suck as the minority

>Marvel
Who mentioned Marvel? Lmao you are so insecure. Kys nu-male

Zod wants the "book" to resurrect the glory of his culture's past, in fact, his vision of his peoples' future is just the past all over again, just with him in charge, deciding what gets used from the book and what doesn't. He refuses to embrace compromise, tolerance, and coexistence. He's willing to destroy our culture to resurrect his own, and sees himself as the righteous protector of his people.

Now remember that there are "Muslims" in the world who can quote from the Quran all day and it have as little impact on how they live their lives as the Bible has on some Westerners. That's who Superman represents.

So you are saying that Superman is a muslim? That explains why no one likes him

So now Jesus isn't a Savior deity?

>kys
Spotted the Mickey Mouse shills crossposting from Reddit

>the majority doesn't like it because a handful of liberal bloggers didn't like it
I guess this is also why Trump lost the election...

Nothing but I didn't really care about CW (villain and conflict was shit)

All I cared about was Spider-Man and finally wanted to see him in something decent since Sony can't make a good movie to save their lives

Fuck Marvel and DC, Spidey is the only cape hero that matters. Fuck his popularity has and still is there regardless of Disney and MCU and Sony rarely did much for it

I'm hyped for Wonder Woman and Black Panther

Sup Forums is split and normies too, it's a divisive movie, as all good ART should be

The editing destroyed this movie. The theatrical cut was an unwatchable mess. Even the Ultimate Edition, ten times superior, features some of the worst editing I've ever seen.

I blame Snyder.

Jesus Is an important figure in Islam.

Maybe you should learn to fucking read. I posted it, but it's obvious your triggered ass stopped reading.

Watched it recently but can't remember much of it except I was clsoe to falling asleep. It's the most Reddit movie I can think of tho

You're not Sup Forums though. Like most of these tasteless drones you are a tourist on swaglords borrowed time