Why did USA lost vietnam?

Why did USA lost vietnam?
youtube.com/watch?v=O5FttQvnXIc

Attached: la-duela-del-higado-el-parasito-que-esta-causando-cancer-a-cientos-de-veteranos-de-vietnam_full_land (600x400, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y4VlvfCvO3U
history.amedd.army.mil/booksdocs/vietnam/skindiseases/default.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unachievable aims

they didnt read The Art of War.

They were being told what to do by the French

We didn't, (((they))) don't want you to know.

>Why did USA lost vietnam?

The Vietnamese were tougher.

- Focus on body count instead of more sound strategy.
- Lack of public support causing the president to cave in, for some reason.
- Trusting the South Vietnamese to do more than they were capable of.
- Not enough napalm and agent orange.

Attached: image.jpg (800x588, 259K)

Too many pussy soyboys bitching about bone spurs

>Not enough napalm and agent orange.

lol such an american solution

>hurrrr just throw more bombs at it hurrrrr

no wonder you guys are like 20 trillion in debt

* They thought they could do better than the French

Nixon told the south to hold out for a better deal before the election, mostly so he could campaign on ending it. He won, but the peace deal went bad fast, but Nixon pledged to end the war, so he kinda just gave in.

could have an invasion of Cambodia and a strategic bombing campaign on the north worked? yeah, but it would have started shit with the Russians. the whole pretense of us being there was to support the south against an incursion, not invade and occupy the south. our role was to keep the reds above the DMZ, and Nixon had a chance to broker that deal, but he fucked that up to become a shitty president who had a few good ideas but a whole lot of crazy bad ways of doing it.

Attached: 1507870054735.jpg (400x300, 26K)

Because nobody wanted to be there

>inavde the south
invade the north, its late I ain't gotta explain my typos to you fags.
he gave in because he said he would. the election was pretty clear that people wanted an end to it, so there were promises on both sides to end it.

>Too many pussy soyboys bitching about bone spurs

Attached: G.I. Joke.jpg (652x815, 106K)

Because a popular insurgency cannot be beaten.
Napoleon learned it against the Basques.
But so what? There was no win condition in Vietnam, it was basically a place to use weapons and send low socio-economic bullet sponges to tear up a weak and friendless little shithole as a demonstration of power and willingness to use it.
The USA has to smash the shit out of some tiny nerd every once in a while to show the other psychos in the playground who's the boss. A generation of otherwise wage-slaves and shoppers get to say they've seen some shit and the Pentagon, a device for funnelling taxpayer dollars to huge corporate conglomerates, gets to look like it isn't really that at all.
Bin Laden used to talk for hours about luring the USA into wasting billions on war, when he was found in the Pakistani equivalent of Quantico, while Pakistan gets all that gravy money from the USA, people started to see the bigger picture for a few minutes.

a combination of being badly equipped and badly trained for the terrain

American soldiers had never fought in the kind of jungle conditions that Vietnam had, and combined with the Vietcong's guerrilla tactics it meant that a lot of soldiers were suffering hard physically and mentally

the American government thought to hit 2 birds with one stone by introducing the M16 to troops, it was meant to be a morale boost for the soldiers, and it also was meant to show American superiority against communism; this was a huge bust because the first M16's were notorious pieces of shit that would CONSTANTLY jam and fail, which would require field stripping the gun to fix
the M16 was so shit that a lot of US soldiers would choose to pick up enemy AK47's instead, but this had to unfortunate side effect of friendly fire (due to poor visibility in the jungles, it wasn't uncommon to use the sound of the enemy's rifle to know where to shoot, which is a problem when your fellow soldiers start using the same guns....)

this was also the first war where the media were allowed nearer the front lines than ever before, which led to a huge backlash from US civilians over the treatment of the Vietnamese.
The public saw their troops burning whole villages because there MIGHT be one or two vietcong in there
the paranoia instilled by this treatment also led to a number of Vietnamese civvies actively helping the vietcong

there is a lot of things which combined to why America lost Vietnam, to be honest the whole situation was a huge clusterfuck

I have watched all the movies. Usa won

>m16 vs AK
oh geez. you got me to reply, I give you that.

Attached: 1510295148022.gif (327x414, 820K)

The US was unsuccessful in achieving its aims while the gooks to the north were successful. How is that not a loss?

Umm we have never lost a war sweetie

not him but early m16s were real trash

bring that to a wet humid jungle with heavy rain every other day and its extra super trash

Nobody was trying to win anything. Continuous conflict is a goldmine fir the miltary-industrial complex. The made big money sending poor Americans to murder and be murdered by jungle asians. I can relate because I did and saw the same things in Iraq and Afghanistan. CREAM nigga

we sent a bunch of unprepared soilders into a horrible situation that was also almost unwinnable

yeah, that's why a heavier rifle made with wood bits was better in the jungle.

>the air force version had no forward assist, and the XM16E1 didn't have a cleaning kit, plus it was a whole new ammo and the supply was shitty. but that got sorted eventually, the AK is still heavy as shit, and the VC never even got the AKM.

what was the aim really?

Keepng an authoritarian regime in power simply because they weren't communist and were christian.

stop the spread of communism?

Pretty much.

Because most of them were half dead already

youtu.be/Y4VlvfCvO3U

Political and military leaders not knowing what they are doing. Proxy war with China and Russia in North Vietnam. No clear goal. Involved in another country's civil war in which we have no stake. Neither side wants us there.

There was no such thing as South Vietnam. We invented it.

inexperience ,no support from public, obsolete technology, and nixon.

It was all going great until the media covering it ruined everything.

The vietcong read how the americans got rid of the british! hide in a hole,tree or with the locals, and shoot the enemy in the back or buttocks.

Because amerimutt average IQ is around 70, and master race vietnamese warriors IQ is around 135.

Attached: fucken_kek.jpg (251x145, 12K)

because you didn't fight you faggot

translate that to freedom height

Attached: dI2Ph.jpg (600x696, 42K)

It was and still is illegal to induct someone into the us millitart with an IQ below 83

Because USA has Mexicans

>no wonder your 20 trillion dollars in debt

That's a theoretical debt, we produce 19 trillion dollars of product a year. We could easily pay it off, we just don't want to.

No victory conditions.
+
No exit strategy.
=
Robert McNamara: "At some point you just declare victory and go home".

GODDAMMIT stop making fun of daddy

Last I checked we invaded nam. Nam didn't invade us. We pulled out after heavy losses and pressure from back home. But hardly a loss as Vietnam never stepped foot on US soil.

no such thing as theoretical debt... and not we couldn't pay it off.. you know that 19 trillion is owned mostly by private business..

>Why did USA lost vietnam?
i've explained this to you fuckers about 400 times, sorry not going there again

Last time I checked, we had a mission and didn't accomplish it. I'm pretty sure that counts as a loss.

well actually the north veit cong invaded the south with the help of china. the south was very much pro USA and democracy.

"we didnt lose the war, we just decided that communism wasn't scary anymore!"

There was no way to win Vietnam.

It was essentially USA vs China and it was on China's back door so they could keep throwing fresh insurgents.... basically forever.

It was a bad war because there was no end game. But that suited America because it was a war for the Millitary Industrial complex rather than any legitimate 'war' reasons

if anybody wants a true pciture of what killed most americans

history.amedd.army.mil/booksdocs/vietnam/skindiseases/default.html

Attached: kerry.jpg (203x320, 11K)

>not having a cannon on your jet

burgers dumb as usual

Attached: 564564564564564.png (1026x685, 1.13M)