Alien

>hasn't even seen it

This.
And I'd recommend Blow Out.
That's a good scream.

post-TNW Malick

Three Colors Blue
Playtime

The shootout in Heat should be among the top.

Anything done by Gary Rydstrom

Oh my god this.

The sound design in To the Wonder and Knight of Cups is flat out amazing and story of its own. You lose honestly a good chunk of the experience if you don't have a 5.1 high quality setup for his films.

Also Nikolaus Geyrhalter's Homo Sapiens comes to mind

Based Terry

I had setup my genelec 5.1 system prior to watching Knight of Cups and saw this before the film started playing and thought 'oh well why not' and put my system at 100% volume

by the end of the knight of cups I was amazed. The experience was completely different from when I watched the film with headphones (and mind you, those were amazing headphones and DAC so they weren't cheap shit)

it blew my fucking mind what a sound design can do for a film

I don't have a dedicated sound system so I'm regretting not having seen it in the theaters. Also regret not seeing this in the cinema, people here said how the sound design was overpowering.

Missing out man. Save some money for a 5.1 system of good quality and you'll get some fantastic experiences with films that put heavy focus on sounds - like Malick and Carruth.

120% worth it.

please don't ever put Carruth and Malick in the same sentence together again

thank :)

malick carruth

Not that user, but I like both Malick and Carruth a whole lot (:

I'd like Carruth if he made more fucking films so I could evaluate him as an auteur :l

uc was decent tho

TOPIARY NEVER EVER
THE MODERN OCEAN NEVER EVER

FUCK DDDDDD

Transformers 1 2 3

the camera work gave me a headache
blurring everything past 4 meters was a bad idea

Any recommendations for a good sound system? If there's a good one for a budget price that'd be nice, but if it really makes a difference, I'd rather just spend the extra money

It kills me that we won't get to see A Topiary, maybe his new film will come out eventually. I thought Primer was just ok, but UC blew me away, so I'm pretty sold on Carruth now

the few anons that watched this will know what I'm talking about

I went to a local audio/hifi store at my city and told 'em what I need it for (films/games) and my budget.

Get an offer from them and then research if the system, speakers and price is decent.

>maybe his new film will come out eventually
Literally, NEVER. EVER.

There's a beautiful moment in UC when Carruth rushes to meet his wife that's at his "office". I think that was the moment I liked the most - they end up sitting at the bath tub together, scared as fuck.