What if I told you that there is not free will, only fate? How would you react? Accordingly, of course...

What if I told you that there is not free will, only fate? How would you react? Accordingly, of course. You are a manifestation of your environment, an environment fated to exist. You were fated to exist, ever since the universe itself arose and matter settled to form the stars and the planets. Everything on Earth and in the universe has behaved accordingly to how it was set into motion. The universe is a massive chain reaction, a true representation of the butterfly effect. Now, what if I told you that you could precisely predict the future with sufficient computing power? If you mapped the projection of all the matter and energy of the universe, you could forecast the absolute future, with error only existing within your own computers. Everything in the universe is predetermined. Everything you think about is predetermined, and if you genuinely think about this, then it'll only make more sense. You only think about things is provoked to; a consciousness bound to your senses.

You think you're special. No, you're a 'conscious organism' following fate. You have no free will of your own. Everything you'll do in life is predetermined to happen. You can't escape fate. By attempting to escape fate, you'll only ensure it, as your fate was to attempt to escape it!

Attached: 2ac43068d80c0cbfcbe1041963cadc8c--the-simpsons-shotgun.jpg (500x362, 31K)

Sure, if that's what makes you think that it's not wrong for you to be a pedophile, because you're "fated to be that way" and thus are not responsible for that, then sure.

Keep telling yourself that, retard.

what if I told you too long didn't read

You sound insecure, and I find it disturbing that you have a predisposition to incorporate paedophilia into your arguments above all other assumptions about me. It's almost like you're projecting to make yourself feel better

i can only hope that fate takes me somewhere happy :)

>what if i told you i am 18 or there about and i've discovered thinking and philosophy on a basic level

fuck off kid

You must be a very smart individual. I'd like to learn your outstanding insights of philosophy and thinking

Our entire existence is a perception. Our mind interacts with everything that isn't our mind through senses.

If our mind perceives free will, regardless of whether free will exists, then it doesn't matter.

If time has no value and everything is happening all at once, the fact that we perceive it to be linear is enough.

Fate is real, but that does not remove an aspect of choice, it only limits it. Sure, previous events in your life can influence your choice, but the choice is still yours to make. If it wasn't, the entire concept of justice would be fundamentally flawed, and we couldn't blame anyone for their actions or choices.

I'm sure I'm going to get some bullshit for this but:

I'm christian and have ideals about predetermination including as OP says in the initial paragraph,

but the last few remarks I don't agree with really.

Life is just as spontaneous as you make it man. You kinda just tried to go edgemaster on us right there.
\
>"You think you're special. No, you're a >'conscious organism' following fate"
-Op the fag

last few sentences after the gap basically sums it all up

Since we can't know the outcomes ahead of time, does it matter?

This
Op fuck off with your grade school ideas

What are your thoughts of quantum probability amplitudes?

From my brother Severus, to be kind and loving to all them of my house and family. He it was also that did put me in the first conceit and desire of an equal commonwealth, administered by justice and equality; and of a kingdom wherein should be regarded nothing more than the good and welfare of the subjects. Of him also, to observe a constant tenor, (not interrupted, with any other cares and distractions,) in the study and esteem of philosophy: to be bountiful and liberal in the largest measure; always to hope the best; and to be confident that my friends love me. In whom I moreover observed open dealing towards those whom he reproved at any time, and that his friends might without all doubt or much observation know what he would, or would not, so open and plain was he.

From Claudius Maximus, in all things to endeavor to have power of myself, and in nothing to be carried about; to be cheerful and courageous in all sudden chances and accidents, as in sicknesses: to love mildness, and moderation, and gravity: and to do my business, whatsoever it be, thoroughly, and without querulousness. Whatsoever he said, all men believed him that as he spake, so he thought, and whatsoever he did, that he did it with a good intent. His manner was, never to wonder at anything; never to be in haste, and yet never to slow: nor to be perplexed, or dejected, or at any time unseemly, or excessively to laugh: nor to be angry, or suspicious, but ever ready to do good, and to forgive, and to speak truth; and all this, as one that seemed rather of himself to have been straight and right, than ever to have been rectified or redressed; neither was there any man that ever thought himself undervalued by him, or that could find in his heart, to think himself a better man than he. He would also be very pleasant an gracious.

>What if I told you that there is not free will, only fate?
tell me what difference it would make and then realise u didnt pass lvl 1 pragmatism

Attached: legalise cannabis you will.jpg (843x844, 158K)

The "I know you are but what am I?" level of comeback in statements like that is truly pathetic. It's like saying "most homophobes are secretly gay and just in denial about it," when the reality is that most homophobes just think the idea of kissing someone of the same sex is the same level of gross as stepping in dog shit.

If you were to simulate the entire universe using a computer, you would have to simulate that computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the entire universe containing the computer simulating the

...there is no such thing as a fixed future. There is only an area of possibility prediction by observation/by the observee, but not a single path that is carved in stone

Attached: a21fig06.gif (392x354, 38K)

by your own free will you wrote a lot of shit, solved a captcha and started this thread.

basically, this clearly means that you're a literal faggot.

/thread

Attached: fagban.jpg (897x445, 88K)

I'd say you're right, of course. Free will obviously doesn't exist. But that's not entirely a bad thing. It means we no longer really have to hate anyone, since they had no choice but to be what they are. For that matter, the biggest thing is that we don't have to feel guilty about mistakes we've made in the past; we literally just did what any other person possessing the same genes and life experiences would have done.

Attached: Consider.jpg (569x428, 25K)

>an environment fated to exist
I'd argue there's some leeway there in terms of context. Deterministically incapable of being otherwise, maybe, but not incorrigibly fated. Suppose the universe were truly random and meaningless. Then all that follows after t = 0 is not random, but of a random cause. Not necessarily divined or intended.

>a true representation of the butterfly effect
A true representation of the butterfly effect would involve only two mediums. The universe consists of many mediums including the universe as a whole in of itself; if you want to say that the butterfly effect is emergent, then you must then say that the universe is a series of representations of the butterfly effect. Butterfly effects, especially if you want to suggest that there are distinct things like stars or planets or (You) or the matter they are composed of.

>you could forecast the absolute future
And you would effectually be doing nothing beyond being required to do the things that enable the already extant, singular future.
>with error only existing within your own computers
Until there are no errors as it could be that computers are "fated" to eventually forecast without error.

>then it'll only make more sense
You can't make sense if you aren't a conscious being capable of even freedom of choice. None of your thoughts would be otherwise, you are as alive as a gear is in a clock as it turns. There is no genuine sense, just a sense-effect.

>You can't escape fate
I dare to try. In doing so I accept my fate and choose to become it. I am free either way.

Witness these repeating digits.

Free will can be neither proved, nor disproved. It is a foolish point to argue.

I'd like to argue that you might be able to prove or disprove free will beyond just theory. But, that to do so, requires something most likely improbable for us to obtain; an understanding of consciousness or a means of knowing what we think to call consciousness if true consciousness does not exist. A more comprehensive understanding of the brain would help too. Some people like to believe that they can prove the argument against free will by lobotomizing people. Some people like to believe that they can prove the argument for free will by observing brain activity between experiment and control groups believing they were truly tasked with choosing who dies.

I don't know who's right, but I'd like to think it isn't impossible for us to determine whether we choose or "choose".

I think the fact that we can determine the trajectory of matter by mathematically calculating all possible variables is a step in the right direction.

Interesting stuff.

Additionally, if you possess the freedom and thus the ability to prove free will true, then you will prove free will true provided you choose to (if it is real, it is inevitable that its effects will be or become apparent by nature of its very existence in the universe in some fashion). If you do not have free will, you either will prove free will is false, or you will not. So, free will can be proved or disproved, but in very particular ways assuming much about the situations. You can't disprove free will if you have it, and you can't necessarily disprove free will if you don't have it, as you may never be able to choose to do so.

What's foolish is to think that you can disprove a real thing truthfully, or prove an unreal thing truthfully.