Which music genre is the whitest? Punk or Prog?

Which music genre is the whitest? Punk or Prog?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-whitest-music-ever/534174/
youtube.com/watch?v=STkG0ondNnk
youtube.com/watch?v=kgrQkpe6mpY
youtube.com/watch?v=haVaaDLwWvI
youtube.com/watch?v=zQMMQXlEd3E
youtube.com/watch?v=EmPf1CJaF5s
youtube.com/watch?v=ejtWXDm5uNI
sleepydog1.bandcamp.com/album/sleepy-dog
daily.bandcamp.com/2016/10/20/emo-in-asia-list/
youtube.com/watch?v=fL7-7shibkw
youtube.com/watch?v=pZiVWXjsaJg
youtube.com/watch?v=z1LsJCX9Dx4
youtube.com/watch?v=HYgDf-H3JUU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Metal

Jazz Fusion

Black Metal

Folk/Viking Metal, the racist kind.

Meme rap

classical music of the classicist period
Mozart, Haydn and the like

100% PROBLEMATIC

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-whitest-music-ever/534174/

i don't see how much prog is"white" if anything its just nerdy. the professor for one of the civil
engineering class in my uni is this vietnamese dude who is a huge king crimson fan.

Shoegaze

>blues derivative
Heh

Asians always are left out

Asians are just whites with sesame seeds.

The problem with todays society is they analyse everything through a racial and identity lenses rather than through a class lenses.

Prog was very pretentious, upper class, based on the idea of exploiting the newest production technology

Punk was very lower class, it was about attitude, anti capitalism, half the time sids base even plugged in

To me music is just an eternal war between the rich and the poor.

Rap is terrible, its based off the false consciousness of niggers who worship greed and consumerism

Classical/Folk/Country

neofolk probably

(Midwest) Emo

Wow you are very problematic, you're probably a white male so what did I expect...

Post-punk
Afropunk is a thing
Asian prof was a thing
Literally every post-punk band is gloomy white art student rambling about isolation and freshmen leftist philosophy over a 80s synth their grandma gave them and jangley guitars

>Prog is upper class
Lol what? Maybe if "upper class" is skill ceiling required to play the music then yeah but I doubt most people who enjoy prog are some posh entrepreneurs living luxurious lives. If anything, prog fans are mostly dads now who listen to that as a teenager and teenagers. Pink Floyd is a household name.

>Rap is terrible, its based off the false consciousness of niggers who worship greed and consumerism
I agree with this if you are referring to top 40 shit and the overrated shit Sup Forums praises like Danny Brown and Lil Uzi Vert (lol). Underground stuff can be good but good luck finding it when most rapfags hate "backpack" shit.

>YOU ARE FUCKING WHITE MALE

Kill everyone in this thread

>>>/rym/

elevator music

Wasn't it Oi?

>These aspirations towards high culture reflect progressive rock's origins as a music created largely by upper- and middle-class, white-collar, college-educated males from Southern England. The music never reflected the concerns of or was embraced by working-class listeners,[191] except in the US, where listeners appreciated the musicians' virtuosity.[192] Progressive rock's exotic, literary topics were considered particularly irrelevant to British youth during the late 1970s, when the nation suffered from a poor economy and frequent strikes and shortages.[193] Even King Crimson leader Robert Fripp dismissed progressive rock lyrics as "the philosophical meanderings of some English half-wit who is circumnavigating some inessential point of experience in his life".[194] Bands whose darker lyrics avoided utopianism, such as King Crimson, Pink Floyd and Van der Graaf Generator, experienced less critical disfavour.[195]

Have fun listening to guitar solos about hobbits rich boy

Musique concrete

Even NSBM have black bands

art rock
post-punk

post-punk is pretty interesting because it runs all the way through the spectrum from "flirting with right wing symbols/being overtly right with" to "we talk about minority and token left-wing social values while being composed by only white heteronormal people"

across the board it's just white kids

I don't know why people see the label "white" as an insult. If anything I'd rather listen to these "white" genres than the popular and culturally accepted shit.

Asians are pretty much Schrodinger's Race. If they support the leftie agenda, they are oppressed POCs. If they don't support the agenda, they are cis white males who score higher on tests and live successfully because of their "privilege".

Lol so it's a crime to want to aspire to be high culture and college-educated? I also don't see why the songs need to reflect the current economic or political situations at the time, there are plenty of other bands ready to do that.But even then this article you're referencing states that some of the most influential bands had darker lyricism that avoided utopianism.

>Have fun listening to guitar solos about hobbits rich boy
Ha I wish. It would be nice to not have to work and afford things easily. But I'll still enjoy my hobbitcore, starbucks soyboy.

Bro Country

>When you read Marx for the first time.

It's okay to be white guys

Mozart was a PoC.

probably that nazi metal stuff

"No"

eh? there are punk bands in pretty much every single country on the planet (some exceptions)

I'd like to hear a North Korean punk band. They'd probably be too hungry to play a show though.

some punks have a real hard time in some places
youtube.com/watch?v=STkG0ondNnk

>Aceh
Apparently the source of literally everything bad about Indonesia, from what I've gathered over the years.

Neofolk, but in a good way.

not all prog is "guitar solos about hobbits" dumbass. where would Rock In Opposition fit into this description?

yeah, punk is huge in indonesia though, true to the diy spirit
youtube.com/watch?v=kgrQkpe6mpY

Baroque

Indie rock

Are the French white?
Is Eastern Europe white?

>Ctrl-f "AOR"
>no results
Come on guys, you can hardly be whiter than Bon Jovi or Journey

yeah
certainly whiter than americans and mixed mediterranean bastards

that image is such bullshit LMAO

>The problem with todays society is they analyse everything through a racial and identity lenses rather than through a class lenses.
>Rap is terrible, its based off the false consciousness of niggers
>false consciousness of niggers

Progressive Rock aims to elevate the art form and create, therefore, it is white.
Punk wants to destroy and bring everything to its' base level and, therefore, it is Jewish.

classic Paul Dano

bluegrass

Classic

Black Metal

I'll never understand this because Prog was like building on blues and rock and adding in classical music elements. But then if you listen to african music from the 80's it was very much influenced by america and america was influenced by it.

not to mention how Fela was influenced by Jazz and funk (both american art forms), so like people are fucking retarded.

Are there any black contemporary folk artists?

>blues
>purely afro creation
shig

>blues derivative
you fell for the meme. It's not, because it's evolved way past any resemblance to the original genre, much like how whites diverged from blacks

Much of metal is like de-blues-ified rock

Prog can either be one of the whitest rock genres (indie will always remain #1) or the least white rock genre

100% clueless

listen to avant-prog and brutal prog you plebs

no

>the bus driver's look in the mirror

WE WUZ MOZART N SHIEEt

>prog is a white genre
>one of it's biggest bands is headed by a jew whose parents survived the Holocaust

I just realized they're named peep and pump.

fucking horrible

> Have fun listening to guitar solos about hobbits rich boy
> I'll be over here listening to some woke bars by K dot while Tyrone enriches my girlfriend in the next room over
> god it feels good being on the right side of history

I don't know which brainlet came up with the "prog vs punk" bullshit, because they go hand in hand

progpunk bands are great

>jewish
>not white
what?

Prog is whiter than punk, but it isn't the whitest genre.

yeah, hating art or calling it problematic because of demographics is fucking stupid.

>faggots that inject their politics into everything
truly the worst kind of people

keeping things apolitical is still a political move

not dragging politics into something where it has zero relevancy isnt political you fucking jackoff

everything is political if you're a massive faggot ideologue

being against politics is a political stance

prog

objectively rap

Being against the state of politics or against something political in nature is. Being against people dragging it into conversations where you find it obnoxious and unnecessary is not, it's just a conversational preference

>not realizing that some of the first punk bands were literally black and hispanic
youtube.com/watch?v=haVaaDLwWvI
youtube.com/watch?v=zQMMQXlEd3E

>not knowing about the bad brains, d.h. peligro, poly styrene, pure hell, national wake, fishbone, wesley willis, and the plethora of other black/afro-punk artists and musicians (check out TCIYF, big joanie, general of monrovia and the OBGMs for some good modern ones)

>not knowing about chicano punk, taqwacore, japanese noise rock, and the many other punk subgenres/movements perpetrated by poc

>implying prog didn't just rip off a bunch of genres invented by black people (blues, jazz), asian prog doesn't exist, dream theater doesn't have an asian bassist, and geddy lee isn't a huge jew

doug pinnick from king's x is also more talented than the majority of modern prog musicians

sound barrier was one of the first metal bands and had all black members, see also: tosin abasi, carley coma, terrance hobbs, eric moore, william duval, doc coyle, benji webbe, derrick green, 24-7 spyz, a band called pain, body count, living colour, wicked wisdom, unlocking the truth, and pic related

pic related

>folk/country
youtube.com/watch?v=EmPf1CJaF5s

these are all contenders imo

literally "i'm 16 and read about marxism on wikipedia": the post

if you seriously think class is a more divisive factor than race or identity then this is about to get ugly

youtube.com/watch?v=ejtWXDm5uNI
sleepydog1.bandcamp.com/album/sleepy-dog
daily.bandcamp.com/2016/10/20/emo-in-asia-list/

north korean music is goat. it's actually mostly very 80s-influenced, but they have a thriving electronic scene as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=fL7-7shibkw
youtube.com/watch?v=pZiVWXjsaJg
youtube.com/watch?v=z1LsJCX9Dx4

contemporary folk is whitewashed blues

Why don't black people industrial, power electronics or noise?

>there are a tiny amount of exceptions to the rule
great point dude
this whole conversation is pointless and retarded anyway

Punk was invented by a band composed of jews btw (Ramones)

Class consciousness is racist and sexist you fucking nazi

just realized i can't think of a single one

black metal

occasional detroit is the closest thing i can think of, kind of a stretch though

Grunge

youtube.com/watch?v=HYgDf-H3JUU

80s hip hop, ragtime, indigenous namibian songs

kek. This album will become the new "Hi, How Are You?", a novelty because it captured a man's mental health collapse.

t.

Symphonic fart rock.

Folk existed before blues retard. Blues is blackwashed folk by your logic.

Israel is in the middle east, idiot.

Making retards famous