Shoutout to this for being the first Black Mirror episode to truly unsettle me

Shoutout to this for being the first Black Mirror episode to truly unsettle me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NOGEyBeoBGM
youtube.com/watch?v=uAB3xtZQank
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it was poorly executed and the acting was cringe

wouldve been better as a short story (it probably already is and they ripped it off)

>acting was cringe
opinion discarded.

Do you have any sort of argument to back up these claims?

The ending was stupid as fuck "duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it lasted only less den a second, evbrrything was in his haed durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Hahaha, fag recognized himself in dudes acting.

what was so unsettling about it?
Season 3 is pretty shit so far (I'm at ep. 4). The stories are enough for about 0.5h, and they add lots of filler shit.

>MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM

It wasn't. The ending was just another hallucination.

How does the little fellow cuck him? I'd hate to go off theme.

The ending was basically ripping off the 'Hold the Door' scene from GoT

I don't know. Something about the scene where he is losing his memory really made me uncomfortable

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

lmao americans

Mommy

Best episode of the series coming through

>ANYONE

#retard

So how did Beardy know about the asian dude? The first time they "met" was during this office scene, but the ending of the episode reveals everything after his phone ringing was in his head. Despite this, the asian guy is in the room when beardy is put into a body bag. There is no way he could have ever known about this guy.

dude... easily the worst episode

more suspension of disbelief required than any piece of social commentary can justify - so much so that it loses any kind of potential message

>take sci-fi trope that has been knocking around in books for 50 years
>give it 'modern' twist, i.e. social media, muh VR etc
>make the 'message' so on the nose it's blocking your view of the screen

there you go. formula for an episode of black mirror right there.

Its more enjoyable if you view it as some sort of alternate reality as opposed to an actual potential human future. Same goes for most season 1 and 2 black mirror episodes actually

Fun Fact: The main actor is Kurt Russell's son

maybe because it's a neural net that has connection to the internet and there are images of the chink on the interwebs

Why didn't he just call his mom?

Holy shit.
You are right i think. He just enters the "white" test room and that is it. Once he's hooked his whole experiments lasts 0.4sec and thats it. In "reality" he never met the hiro chink

Shit taste OP. This was Season 3's "Waldo moment".

That gives me high hopes for the rest of the season. I'm only on episode 3 but I thought that the vr one was pretty good

>It's an Amazing Atheist episode

Best song of the series coming through

youtu.be/NOGEyBeoBGM

Pretty sure that's the instagram episode.

The girl showed him a magazine with that guy on the cover, and said he was the strange genius behind the company.

So in his head, the guy is a Kojima knockoff.

Fucking hell, I literally just woke up from a dream about this.
Signed up for some program, they pinned that device into my spine, and put me in a sensory deprivation chamber where I was thrown into an alternate reality.

Shit wasn't very fun, yo.

The first episode of s3 unsettled me most due to it hitting so close to a possible reality.

I can totally imagine a world where people happily embrace some kind of fucked up social rating system.

Um, that shit IS real dude

There are people RIGHT NOW who become emotionally validated or distraught by the number of likes/shares on their social media posts being high or low. There are also Asian countries who are currently implementing literal citizen rating systems that are actually being embraced widely by the public there.

It's not just a near reality, we're fucking in it right now.

Except I don't get declined plane service because I don't have enough likes on Facebook, dumbass

Give it 40 years.

Playtest is the patrician pick for top BM episode.

A scriptwriting masterpiece.

It's not enforced by the government, but there are people out there who run their social lives based on social media and it's fucking insane.

And like I said, there are countries in Asia where the government is literally implementing citizen rating systems where if you say certain things online you can have your ratings reduced and then be denied for credit or jobs because of it.

One of Black Mirror's best endings coming thru

youtube.com/watch?v=uAB3xtZQank

>out in the world she was trapped by her social system
>only in prison was she truly free

POTTERY

Why was America BM better than Bong BM?

It wasn't. The best BM episodes bar none was Entire History of You and Christmas special.

I will never understand the love for the Christmas special. The whole "3 episodes in one" thing completely fucked the pacing, and the concepts in it really feel like they are trying hard to play by the Black Mirror rules book. Generic in general.

Why is this show so overrated? Not saying it's terrible but it just feels like everyone regards this as some of the greatest scifi TV ever made.

He's cucked out of his sanity by a big black protruding dongle inserted deep inside his flesh

I once had a job interview where they didn't even say a word to me, just friended me on Facebook and spent like 10 minutes browsing my profile while I was sitting right in front of him. That was the whole "interview." It was rude as hell, I don't even understand why they had us come into the office and sit down for that.

I got the job, but turned it down. The whole experience just weirded me out. I even had some questions I wanted to ask about the type of work they did, but the smug little prick just said "I got what I needed to know, thanks!"

bump

I've heard of people denied jobs for not having a Facebook account for the employer to stalk.

you madmen
you actually did it

lol no. the end was cliché

>These morons share the same board as you
Come on. Even with maximum suspension of disbelief, it's a completely ridiculous premise.

the world building was weak
i dont see the net gain of riding the bike when all those screens are on

The bicycles are just very efficient at turning the kinetic energy into electrical energy and all their electronics and lights are low power consumption.

Why is it so hard to write social commentary that isn't cringe-worthy?

bullshit

Why was Bryce so fat in this but so skinny in Jurassic World?

Because people like you enjoy feeling superior without thought so their first (and only) response is a cringe.

the meowmeowbeans episode of community did it better in half the time.

Post the thicc honey and her butt from that episode

I forgot she was in this.

desu I forgot everythign she was in except the fappening, she was amazing in that

I think Brooker just doesn't trust his audience, and he ends up making it more explicit and on-the-nose than he has to. He makes his point as the episode progresses, I'm pretty sure everyone gets it, and then at the end he'll just have one of the characters flat-out tell us the "moral of the story." Does it in almost every episode.