Religious

>Religious
>Nationalistic
How come the US is like Western Europe ~1 century ago?

Because it was founded by all our religious weirdos who were too weird even for Cromwellian England, which is saying a lot.

Wrong.

The puritans just wanted to worship as they pleased. Instead of being forced to go to the kings church.

And in the first place the puritans didn't found this country. They were only 1 colony

>he doesn't know the founding fathers were christian deists

You'll note though I never mentioned Puritans. There were a lot of schools at the time, if anything there were probably more utopians who left for America to put their theories into practice than hardliners.

>puritans
>just wanted to worship as they pleased
Their entire religion is being an autistic loser who can't get anything in life and forcing it on others.

That's just what I remember being taught. I don't much like the Puritans personally.

We're not even that religious desu. I grew up in a town where everyone under 50 was atheist/agnostic/didn't care. Its the bible belt that drives up our religious statistics.

I only know like 2 people who aren't Christian.

Where?

More specifically, it was founded by an alliance of the kids of those Puritans who grew up to hate all that religious bullshit and southern businessmen who were just on the continent to get rich.

We're actually not all that religious in practice. Most people here don't attend church regularly, if at all, and most of those that do attend church only come for Easter and Christmas. We definitely do have hardliners, but they're a dying breed, especially after the moral majority got discredited in the 90s. Think about it like this - Republicans, THE party of religion, chose a man who can't even name books from the Bible as their guy to be president.

As for nationalism - it never got discredited by cataclysmic wars like it did in Europe. All the countries in North America are strongly nationalistic by European standards (even Canada), but by the time the ideology was in full swing, we'd all pretty much agreed on borders and who gets what.

This . They just wanted to live in a society where they weren't hindered from forcing their religion on others and discriminating against those who didn't follow it.

So, basically, just like Poland today, right?

>Its the bible belt that drives up our religious statistics.
It's nationwide you memeing cunt, the bible belt just has more churches

you mean successful?

>We definitely do have hardliners, but they're a dying breed, especially after the moral majority got discredited in the 90s
The Moral Majority faded from relevance because the Democrats regained power in 1993.
>Think about it like this - Republicans, THE party of religion, chose a man who can't even name books from the Bible as their guy to be president
Not a problem, we have a vice president for that shit.
>As for nationalism - it never got discredited by cataclysmic wars like it did in Europe. All the countries in North America are strongly nationalistic by European standards (even Canada), but by the time the ideology was in full swing, we'd all pretty much agreed on borders and who gets what.
Most New World cunts aren't ethnonationalist like European states are.

>American education
The gift that keeps giving.

Rhode Island was founded as a colony with guaranteed religious freedom, which Massachusetts lacked.

Puritanism faded within 2-3 generations of the founding of MA, but the cultural legacy has remained there to a large extent which is why the state now is a SJW center.

Also New England and the South are perpetual enemies, they have always held opposite views on every national issue of importance.

It's because US is a racist and intolerant country compared to more enlightened 21 century Europeans

Massachusetts is an SJW centre because you flooded it with taigs

Nah it was always like that. In the pre-Civil War era MA was the center of intellectual movements like Transcendentalism as well as abolitionists and other social reformers.

>people still get patriotism and nationalism mixed up

you are not white

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we. - Bush

t. Greek

Ben was right tbqhqh

>Nationalistic
What's wrong with that? I mean real nationalism, as in loving one's country. Not nazi shit kind of nationalism.

>All men are created equal
>Except the blacks
>Or anyone who is not white

hmm???

>nazis taint everything they touch
>America never had a fascist government
>American symbols and nationalism isn't as tainted

Anyway, when you're an alcoholic who disrespects the law and gives the country a bad name, the flag being flown outside your house like it's a government building makes you look a bit like an antention-whore.

>America never had a fascist government
We did from 2001 to 2008 and again since this January.

I think Trump is a babbling buffoon, but come on now.

You're not entirely wrong though, overly patriotic Americans are sometimes seen as a joke, due to Bush's foreign adventures. Still not fascist.

>>>/tumblr/

>christian
>deist
pick one

I live in Kansas and most young people are either not religious or don't give a shit.

>he doesn't know

>Secular
>In God we trust

Hmm

Nothing, but very few european countries are as nationalistic as them

There's no god in particular referred to there, it's not saying "In Yahweh we trust" or "In Allah we trust" or "In Shiva we trust" or whatever.