Any law fags here? I'm getting sued by a friend because I won't pay him back and he paid for my tuition (2300)

Any law fags here? I'm getting sued by a friend because I won't pay him back and he paid for my tuition (2300)

He paid with his debit card like last year. I was supposed to pay him back but didn't because fuck him

Anyway, there is no promisionary note or anything I signed. Just he paid 2300 for me with his debit card for tuition. The money went from his card to the college, under me being the student.

With no note or signed contract or anything, what are the odds he'll 2in?

Attached: k.jpg (1600x786, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BS4Anse_wzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well win*

Just pay him back you piece of shit

It's a civil case, so burden of proof is preponderance of the evidence. That means he has to prove, more likely than not, that you had an agreement and that you've since violated it.

I'm guessing he'll have bank records and such that will prove he spent the money, and I'm guessing you have nothing.

So there's a good chance he will. And he should.

What if I don't wanna

Answer the question punk

>I was supposed to pay him back but didn’t because fuck him.

You a stone cold nigger user

Attached: 55F7CB85-8EE0-43DD-AA5F-266F658D7BBF.jpg (660x926, 144K)

>I was supposed to pay him back but didn't because fuck him

well aren't you just lovely

Pay you friend back you weak piece of shit

Attached: GirlsLOL.png (449x401, 490K)

Then you deserve to be alone for the rest of your life. No friends and no relationships. Keep fucking people over see how that goes for you

He probably has a bank statement showing the payment of the $2300 to the college. That's about it. Maybe he will ask a receipt from the school too. But again, I didn't sign anything.

What will the process be like? It's the first time I'm getting sued in my life

he'll easily win in small claims court
> both show up in court
> he presents bank records and receipt to college
> judge: well user did you borrow the money?
> you: no
> judge: well i don't believe this guy has a receipt for college and just decided to pin the costs on you
> you: b-b-but no promissory noteee
> judge: he wouldn't just give you $2000 dollars dumbass
just pay the guy. fuck

You has a verbial agreement in wis yo freen. Pee you fren what's is owed by you. Dun be pease of shit

If he wins a judgement, he can hold it over your head for years. And then when you do get some assets, he can attach then for the money owed. And if you still don't pay, then he can seize those assets, likely at a high multiple of what you originally owned. Your car. Your house. Your inheritance. etc.

Tbh I don’t know what he could say, with no proof you agreed to anything you could claim he payed with the goodness of he’s heart

There's no consideration so no contract. The court would see that as a gift

You'll go into court and state your respective cases. This is likely going to be heard in a small claims court, based on the amount of money. It's not a death penalty case.

That said, if he can make a case that this likely happened, and it sounds from what you're saying like he can, he'll win and the court will make you replay him. Which you should have done in the first place.

No, the judge would say was there any consideration given for the $2500? No? So it was a gift then? Then no contract

So I can do this? Just say he paid it as a gift? And that he's lying?
Is it with interest or no interest

If you know what the judge will say don't ask the question you stupid fuck

When was it? Ora agreements under UCC are only valid for one year.

*Oral

Fuck I can't type

August 2016

kek op’s fucked. it’s only 23 hundred dollar bills pussy boy, get a regular fucking job and pay him 100 out of each check 23 times you dumb faggot

Good luck paying him everything instead of just the 2300 faggot

Depends on the judge. You'll prolly go through an arbitrator first. Either way, if the judge considers it a gift, he's a fucking idiot and you're a piece of shit. Do the world a favor and kys so the court system doesn't have to waste its time on you. You're an Amerifag, aren't you?

I second this you fucking piece of shit.

Pay up bitch.

Attached: 1520399193106.gif (720x480, 126K)

Pay him back then kys op

Attached: 1519787638498.jpg (497x427, 49K)

This is likely how it's going to go. Unless the friend fucks up and says it was just a gift (he won't) then he will win the case.

And good for him. You sound like a piece of shit mooch, OP.

But if he fails to pay and did agree it's a failure to hold his end within the year dumbass which will be held against him

what is your friend's email address? i'd like to send this thread to him for use in court.

Attached: 1520752547469m.jpg (576x1024, 63K)

Can't pay 2300? Jesus. Too much daily Starbucks and whatever else you're wasting your money on? I hope you lose. I hope he puts a lean on your shit.

Curious, what is your degree in?

>I'm getting sued by a friend
Acquaintance, clearly you have no idea what a friend is. He does, but you are a piece of shit.

Read the story of Damon and Pythias.

Change your ways or An Hero.

this

he spends at least $10/day on frapuchinos and smokes, drinks on the weekends, buys weed, had xbox and ps4, etc. fuck this world because of people like op

Being American had nothing to do with this fsggotroy I'm American and I've never once failed to pay my debts

McDonald's University. Fry station.

Wtf u talking about

OP is a piece of shit, ofcourse hes going to win that lawsuit you stupid cuck

You're describing almost every piece of shit I've met in their early 20s. It's funny, I shot myself in the foot for years with a Dunkin fetish right up until I looked at the monthly costs being around 60 bucks. Fuck that. Hmm...60x12= 720. Hey op, got almost half your money already you fuck.

Wouldn’t UCC code only apply for commercial goods? IE since this is a cash transaction (albeit over $500) between individuals, UCC wouldn’t apply.

Please correct me, only lightly touched Law for accounting degree.

I hope the other guy gets the money back from op then uses the money to pay someone to seriously fuck up op.

You are a spineless greedy bastard for not paying your former friend back. You should rightfully be gassed. I pray you loose.

Are you a Lannister as well? Fellow American who also pays his debts.

Just kill yourself, ultra cunt

> because fuck him
what did he do to you?

i dont think that's op

if he's suing, you're either going to lose the case by default or spend way more than 2300 to defend unless 2300 is somehow small claims where you are

Disagree. The term “Undue enrichment” is in play.

Wow you're an asshole and I hope he wins his case.

hah

Attached: 1436724695442.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

so is OP the stupid one, or is his friend?

does OP have the money and just doesn't want to pay, or is his friend spending money to sue a judgement-proof defendant? (one who can't pay any judgement)

Why not pay the goy back you tight ass kike

He can prove the money went from him to you.

He wins.

I weep for the state of higher education.

Besides being a deadbeat piece of shit, you're a fucking moron.

Agreed. A friend of mine threw a coffee at some broads car who cut him off. She got the plate, forced him to hire a public defender, and he had to show up to court.

Just pay it back, James.

Pay him faggot

Jayden you piece of shit, you never went to collage with the money i lent you, all you bought was the butthash and you poopsmoked it all you fucking asswhole
i can't believe you've even thought of posting about it on here let alone telling the truth you fucking hypocritical faggot
wait til i see you next time you fucking piece of shit

who cares about that, there was never a promise that he was supposed to return the money, his friend is a cuck and deserves to be cucked

Hey OP, nevermind all these negative nancies, the plaintiff doesn't have a solid case at all. I finished my paralegal cert in 2017. My dad paid but I hate that fucker so I don't talk to him and I managed to avoid paying him even though he took me to civil court. (He hit my mom and treats my stepmom like shit!)

The key is to not show the day of the trial. It'll make the other person seem thirsty for a financial outcome. This seems contrary to well established notions, but trust me. The only states that will look negatively on not showing are Rhode Island and Hawaii. I live in New Hampshire and when I didn't show I just told the court that the plaintiff misled me on what day the court case was. He got all pissed and started bitching when they finally got me there and he looked bad. Judge Aaron Satie thought my dad was a tool and sided with me.

tl;dr: Don't show up to court. He'll have no legitimate claim.

How can you not afford to pay a fucking 2300 dollar tuition. Its fucking 2017 dude. A 2300 dollar tuition is some shit from like the 1970s to 80s you dickwad. If i knew who you were id fucking knock your teeth out and feed them to you.

if there is evidence of him giving you money
>debit from his account for the same amount of a deposit shortly after in your account
>your tuition being payed from his account
etc
then it is really on you to prove that he gave you that money as a gift
as there is no contract, you will probably be liable for the 2300 plus probably another 500-1000 in punitive damage depending on how long it has been since he gave you the money

do not ever fucking say any where near him, his lawyer, or the court
or anything like it
if you do, the punitive damage will probably be 2300 and you could possible face criminal charges for theft by fraud

fucking shitbag hope you lose then get your ass beaten

Can't decide if OP is a niggers or a jew. He's definitely pic related

Attached: 1496349732302.png (800x578, 871K)

fite me you fucking nigger. you won't do shit, fag

he doesnt have nothing ... he has records that he paid 2300 around the same time his friend took out 2300 ...

or if he paid online then it a direct link of his money to your account ... ggs bro ... you lose

Yeah. Great way to get a default judgment against OPs faggot thief asz

> I was supposed to pay him back but didn't because fuck him
>Dont want to pay debts
>Wanting to get away with it
Are you nigger, cholo or jew cocksucker?

Cool it on the racism, user. It isn't called for.

when i bring you to court, i'm going to milk every single penny out of your nipples you filthy little nigglet cuck

op you cool everyone else is gay

do not show up for court
there are cops at the entrance of every courthouse
as you are obviously a nigger
the cops at the courthouse will shot you on sight

mestizaje faggot jew to be correct

OP I hope your freind wins the case and pays some thug nigger to wait outside your door and smash your foot with a hammer as payback. That should leave him $1900.

Shhhh, he seems stupid as fuck.

Hi OP

Legal Fag checking in. You're going to be found liable for the debt, fag.

The judge will give him a judgement - but, it is nearly impossible to execute one. He'd have to pay more $$ to get some magistrate to attach your assets or garnish your wages - it's generally more trouble than its worth, unless you own property or have lots of money in your bank account.

Assuming you're a broke fag, don't even go to court - you'll lose anyway, he'll get his judgement and can go fuck himself trying to collect.

Assuming you're a fag with money - pay him because he can make you pay him collection fees and costs if you don't.

Assuming you're a normal human being - call him up, say you're sorry, and work out payment arrangements.

Kids: Don't Borrow Money. And if you have money - Don't Lend Money. If someone you like asks you for money and you got it, GIVE it to them. Much easier on the friendship that way, because expectation is what ruins relationships. Commit this to memory.

He should skip court and pay someone to beat him to a point where he's a cripple.

Gentlemen, this is Bait.

Do you eat your own young? My lawyer does

Judge don't care. They see a billion of these cases every year. Zero fucks are given. You don't show, the judge feels you're wasting his time, so he gives a judgement against you. You could be Jesus of Nazareth, but if you don't show up to court = "Judgement in favor of Plaintiff, Lucifer, the Dark Lord."

That's just how it works.

I like it when I defeat big corporations that are trying to crush the little guy - and I don't mean product liability (which is 99.9% bullshit) - I'm talking misappropriation of trade secrets, stealing patents from some garage inventor, that sort of shit. To see the big guys weep when they lose is sweet.

well if you're in the USA it depends on your lawyer. If you're in a country with reasonable laws, verbal agreements are also lawful agreements, so you will have to pay. Question is when of course

Finibus Sorgenbrau, attorney currently in a drug rehab program, yep, in my professional opinion you got knocked up, nighty-night fucker -
youtube.com/watch?v=BS4Anse_wzs

Have you had any text or email conversation with your friend about the money at any time? If so, you’re fucked, and rightfully so. He fucking helped you get in to jewniversity you ungrateful piece of shit. Tell your mom You should have been swallowed....

OP is obviously in the US
>college instead of university
>pay tuition instead of state sponsored higher education

try to get on judge judy

and you'll have to pay his lawyer costs

Do you know where u r, normie?

Your 404 sure tells him

So in your opinion claass action suits are BS? I think the only winners in a class action suit are the bottom feeding lawyers. I got my house illegally foreclosed on. I got a check for 13.76 last year as my winnings on the lawsuit. The law firm representing the class made over $8M.

But like cockroaches and rats y'all do serve a purpose. It's just rarely seemly watching your work

I'm going to repeat this for any fags still paying attention: NEVER borrow money from friends. Never, like Not Ever. Just don't do it. I'm talking about real money - not pack of smokes shit. And if you have a friend that wants to borrow money from you and "promises" to pay you back. Don't do it either. Give him whatever you don't ever care to see again if you must, but let it go. If he pays you back, awesome, you have a cool friend, but don't ever give money to someone you aren't willing to watch fly out the window.

You will live a much happier life if you follow those rules. Trust me.

Hey, Kirk Shantz here, I think i can help, 2 weeks before the trial date get him to install a refrigerator, then take out the Honda and go down to that diner on 362th Street, bring 1300 pesos and a bucket of quarters for parking, it's going to be a bumpy ride

I can't find where I am

>Lawyer from 12 years.
>Every time when i hear "verbal agreement", it makes me shit like a fountain.

Use paper, idiots.

ok im sorry how bout i suck ur dick and we call it even

I like that idea, you should be a loyer

Don't worry OP. He'll get it back. But it will probably not be in cash. It will probably be $2300 worth of watching you roll around in agony with busted knee caps.

Attached: 1313951727262.jpg (500x322, 35K)

You are absolutely correct. Lawyers run "Class Action Lawsuits" as a scam. They make all the $$ and the "class" winds up sharing crumbs. Courts are trying to restrict class actions more, because they have seen so much abuse, but you got lawyers sitting on the bench as judges, so what do you think is going to happen?

There are good lawyers too. Not every lawyer is a piece of shit, though I would say it hovers around 50%...

Oral contract motherfucker, you're gonna pay him and his lawyer, have fun shelling out $10k for a $2k debt. I have lawyer friends laughing their ass off at you

you're a cuck if you believe you can win this