Is Black Panther actually good...

Is Black Panther actually good? I assumed the reviews were just from SJW types but then a former Stormfront buddy said it was actually good. So, objectively and without the whole race thing, is it a good movie? Keep in mind I enjoy comics

Attached: pt_blackpanther_characterposter_panther_123cbd2f.jpg (300x450, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?t=439s&v=aAG9G35ioT8
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ad92NuVJ-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's good. there's only one blatant SJW line, and it isn't plot pivotal.

It is very nationalistic from a blacks perspective, so would make sence for nazis to like the movie

The hype by SJW's and niggers hollering and praising it to no end, has made it so I can never watch this movie

I actually thought it was pretty funny how all the SJW’s were praising it for being a black power movie. If they watched the film, the antagonist was the one who wanted to arm blacks to rise up against the whities. BP pretty much said fuck that shit, which was the main premise of the conflict.

It's good but there are some plotholes

Attached: 1486657544559.gif (287x239, 1.96M)

Says a lot that when the writers wanted to depict a prosperous black country they had to make one up.

It's generic as fuck. Same superhero movie you've seen 50 times before. It's just we wuz kangz this time.

I give it a solid B. Fun but its just a vanilla comic book story.

you must now kill all niggers

do it

It was ok, not as good as everyone made it out to be, but not bad.

Same. The left can't stop shooting themselves in the foot.

It was okay. 6.5/10 if you're not the type to pay attention to plot holes.

Better than Thor 1, worse than iron man

It's probably the best superhero movie in a while. Mostly because the villain wasn't really a villain and it had time to build.

Better than Thor 1 is not saying much. At least in Ragnarok they realise what the Thor series is, a brofest action scene

It is the same movie as all the other marvel movies. It is nothing special and the CG is pretty sad and pathetic. Over all i would say you are not missing much by not seeing it.

Attached: 1520206708535.png (720x893, 662K)

So the bad guy wanted to kill all white people, while the good guy wanted to save white people. So reverse the good and bad roles. BP just wants to continue the bbc breeding program.

I don't blame them for trying to kill all whites with results like this.

Attached: 76750065.jpg (320x220, 35K)

Its a good movie. Sjw's are so fucking dumb that they dont realise that the bad guys is the black supremacist

prepare for the most cringy forced "what are those?!" meme. other than that.. meh, it's ok

its better than ant man at least.

It's decent.

The SJWness really isn't bad.

The bad guy is an anti-white black terrorist, so it's not like the movie is promoting that ideology.

Too much mediocre CGI, and some of the fight scenes were kind of bland. Some dumb choices and plot holes. It's enjoyable though, with especially great visual design.

Worth watching once.

Yea, it's surprisingly good. It's probably the best storylined Marvel film ever. Only Logan beats it.

Also, the villain was really interesting. He had a believable and somewhat sympathetic backstory, while still clearly being evil. Great acting from both the main villains, but Killmonger stands out as a very well-written character.

The main protagonists, on the other hand, weren't great. Only T'Challa had any kind of character arc.

Attached: 1520707901164.jpg (569x570, 37K)

Would it? Would it make more sence?

Attached: 27847833_693416387714455_1742661872_n.jpg (494x720, 58K)

I could see it winning best picture next year. The plot was nothing special, and the acting was also just whay you'd expect. But the nearly all black cast and african themes will propel it to a level of praise beyond its real quality.

Also, the shots were framed very well, and the movie had great cinematography.

If you like comic booka you will enjoy it, but it's jusy another marvel movie.

We wuz kangs watchin chill'ren movies n sheeit

Attached: Lell.jpg (470x470, 31K)

It's meh

Michael B. Jordan's performance is 50/50. Decent first half of the movie, but completely turns to shit as soon as he's revealed as the usurper (that spoils nothing, it's in the promo material). His delivery literally sounds like he's reading off of cue cards on a shitty SNL episode.

Black panther himself is fine, his sister is fine, his mother is fine, and the mountain ape tribe dudes are fine. The rest is poorly acted, even by otherwise fine actors. Dude from Get Out tried, but they wrote his character like shit and the motivations are awful. His wife/girlfriend is even worse, completely over acted.

Michael B. Jordan's character is badly written. He's an orphaned black kid who grows up to become basically the best soldier fucking ever, joins every military spec ops shit you can name in America, goes to MIT, then joins the CIA (none of these are exaggerations) yet he still thinks America is oppressing blacks. He's literally a conservative wet dream of self reliance yet blames America for not giving black people everything. Of course the movie counters his ambitions to take over the world by saying "no, then you'll be like them" but that's said maybe once in a movie where every other line is about saying "fuck white people" in different and creative ways. It's a shit character.

Without doing the whole "Wakanda is literally allowing Africa to die of AIDS" application of things implicated by this universe, the only other issues are endemic to Marvel (meme jokes that are already a few years old, using Korea for a battle scene for no reason then immediately leaving, etc.)

It's an eh movie, you'll probably like it better at home. I saw it opening weekend in NYC with a bunch of retards in faux traditional Kwanzaa headscarves and pan-African tunics. It's certainly not Marvel's worst, but that's a low bar.

I thought it was just SJW pandering too because I watch all the marvel stuff including shows so I couldn't skip it and it was actually really good definitely objectively the best villain in the franchise so far and one of the best movies in the franchise so far not as good as winter soldier but definitely up there

It's alright. If you're into the comics you may get mad a couple times but if you've got nothing better to do and money to spare I'd recommend it

worst movie ewer, it sucks big time.

Ehhh for a hero origins story it's decent. For an action super hero movie it was like a C a best. Black people can't fight. The fight scenes were trash.

This. It's actually condemning panafricanism, which is the whole reason the blacks and SJW types flocked to see it in the first place.

Blacks and sjws flocked to it purely because of representation. I should know, I'm one of the fuckers. We're well aware that rising up and killing people is a bad thing, which is why we try to avoid it through shit like equality, eschewing nationalistic isolation etc.

It's actually good. A rare case of a comic book movie having a villain more complex than "herp derp imma rule/destroy the world".

There is nothing more complex and complicated then ruling an entire planet. Try it if you don't belive me.

All SJW and racism aside. None of them are ever any good.

>displays a society with customs stitched together from random parts of Africa as being part of one country
>btw it's the greatest country ever, guys

It's 100% not against Panafricanism. It's displaying it as Utopia. They have an entire clandestine service dedicated to meddling behind the scenes of African affairs. They embed spies in every African nation they can and have them carry out humanitarian missions.

Their biggest conflict is whether or not they should just do it out in the open now.

What do you even mean?

I've heard Nazis love it. The sjw dickriding is the reason I won't pay to see it.

Way ahead of you, buddy. Out of respect for your dubs, I'll give you a quick heads up; don't drink the water.

>hooting begins

They kept the other nations in the dark on purpose and built their wealth on the backs of the people around them. They're ridiculously isolationist and nationalist to the point where they classify the castes of their society by the shades of their skin.

MIddle Teir Marvel film. Not horrible, but certainly not the best they have produced. Over hyped. Made into more than it really is. IF you're a Marvel movie fan then go see it to fill out your check boxes, but otherwise, just wait and pirate it for free.

It's a mediocre marvel movie. On par with Ant Man maybe. It doesn't deserve the absurd praise it's gotten, but it's not steaming dog shit either.

Check this review out, it's pretty honest

m.youtube.com/watch?t=439s&v=aAG9G35ioT8

Its such a fucking basic Marvel movie. The hype around it just feels ridiculous. Its like C+ Marvel tier at best. IMO the best Marvel movies are the Guardians films, and Black Panther falls a little under Dr. Strange.

Attached: 6 outta 10.jpg (383x383, 25K)

Captain America says "Fuck You"

is just another SJW hype altough the movie is not bad is also not good at all

>without the race thing
You cant say that, though. Its all a race thing. Every chance they got they preached against slavery or they normalized blacks being whiney bitches dat was kangz.

it was good for a marvel movie, refreshing. for an action movie is was average as hell. worth leaving the house for, but nothing memorable.

the sjw wasnt too in the face and the enemy actually had a good motive.

Pretty much this.
I went in thinking racists were just up in arms about all nignog cast.
But the whole driving force of the movie is how nignogs are being oppressed by white people. The whole motivation for the villain is he grew up in the hood and he blames white people for how shit it was and he wants to create a black uprising.

Movie was meh. Music was awesome, fight scenes good, cast was decent. But the blatant anti-white racism was jarring and overall motivations and pace was shit.

It's a good movie, and no it isn't black propaganda, if anything it's actually somewhat racist against blacks spoilers ahead

>only white protagonist is the one that stops WW3, not the black protagonists
>main black good guys and bad guy both are criminals and murderers
>they still do duels to the death to settle disputes
>when the main goodie (black) and main baddie (black as well) disagree, they throw a hissy fit and all the nignogs chimp out and destroy all their own shit while killing each other, seems a lot like real life

Saying the movie is anti white is even less accurate than saying it's pro black

its good but it's boring

This is literally the best description of the movie ive read.

whatever you say colonizer

Yeah except that their culture is far, far superior to anything else in the Marvel universe.
Like it's more advanced and peaceful than fucking Asgard, home of the norse gods.
So clearly their primitive ways are working and blacks are only over represented in jails because of prejudice and slavery and crackers.

And yet at the end they still chimp out, kill each other, and destroy their own shit when the bad guy's goal was to destroy whites, instead of starts killing blacks.

Why would a "colonizer" claim that the movie was racist towards black people? A colonizer would say it was racist against whites.

And yet it works.
They're literally just continuing their "fight for the throne" shit on a larger scale.
And I feel like I have to reiterate this: This system advanced them further than ASGARD.
So it doesn't matter if they literally chimp out and start throwing actual poo poo shit at each other. It fucking works.

I liked Ant Man

How are they even close to Asgard tech wise? Where's their bifrost? Where's their infinity stone tech?

Honest question about the infinity stone, they don't have one, right?

Off by one my man. Off by one.

Yeah, I won’t watch it. I don’t give a shit if it’s the single greatest piece of art created in human history. Sjw fag’s and niggers ruined it

Their bifrost?
Do you have any idea how powerful Black Panther is now?
His suit absorbs all kinetic energy. Which means he's basically the strongest character now.
Like he's stronger than the fucking hulk. And they did that with a necklace.
They turned a dude into an invincible God with a necklace. Asgard got their ass kicked by a chick who threw swords.

Not to mention that T'Chala basically shrugged off this technology when he first saw it, even though this tech could literally single-handedly solve every single problem known to man.

An invincible god until someone just takes his necklace off him.

that character hooting makes sence but seeing as how they changes his look it seems odd they left that in

i wouldnt say the whole movie did the race thing
but more than i would of liked for sure

Hell you could even just hit him with an insane dose of radiation, or rupture his brain with sound waves, or drop him in the middle of the ocean and let him drown.

It's a vibranium mesh that surrounds his body.
You'd have more luck trying to pull the hide off an elephant.

Also Asgard didn't create the infinity stones. They just collected them like curiosities from worlds they visited.

I never said they created them, I said they had them, which puts their tech way further ahead than I think basically everything.

Kinda like middle earth, hogwarts, and galaxies from far, far away.

That's the thing; you can't.
Every single form of energy is kinetic energy when you break it down. Radiation is just particles with high kinetic energy so they're absorbed, making him stronger. Same with sound waves. And good luck drowning someone who's physically stronger than captain America, plus he's got an invisible jet he can call.

eyeroll at the obvious liberal lines but other than that I thought it was an 8/10

But it doesn't?
They had 1 infinity stone in the tesseract which they lost and never utilized.
By that logic the avengers have 2 infinity stones in Vision and Strange so they're twice as powerful as the Asgard.

I went in thinking I'd hate it, ended up enjoying it- a lot actually. It's the only Marvel movie I like besides the first Iron Man. It barely even felt like a superhero movie.
There's a couple cringe lines in there, but it was easy to divorce all the sjw faggotry and take the movie for what it is.

the question was about tech
black panther and his people are not in the space age yet the asgardians are and have been for a long long time

as far as black panthers power vibranium is far from indestructible we already saw how a vibranium blade damages a vibranium shield

Its good, they try to cram a little white guilt on you throughout but its good.

possibly 3 depending on how long adam takes to get to earth

badassium is stronger
the whole point of Vibranium isnt that is the strongest but that its versatile

We also saw a vibranium horned rhino not damage a nanite-scale mesh.
And when you have anti-gravity technology I'd say you're in the space age.
Granted they don't have FTL technology. But it doesn't seem like they've applied themselves to that field at all.
Lets not forget that the undead armies of Asgard were beaten by two human guns from the 50's.

Stronger than any other material that has been introduced. Which by definition makes it the strongest. Like Thors hammer bounced off it without a scratch so I'd say it's pretty strong.

>I'd say you're in the space age.
thats nice but no one else does and ignores that stark does have true space travel

>Lets not forget that the undead armies of Asgard were beaten by two human guns from the 50's

cause there just raised warriors there nothing special about them im not sure why you even mentioned them

also ...the m16 wasn't around in the 50s

Middle Earth does not belong on that list

the strongest metal so far is basassium
in the comics its known as a mix of artic vibrinium and antamantie but they wernt allowed to say antamantie in the movies

took a black girl to see it imax

she got colonized afyerwards

people thought we were cute seein it tofgether

played dumb about the entire controversy the whole time

the winning strategy, i mean maybe just go for rpx if shes a cheap skank

It was fine. Nothing wrong with it, nothing special about it. If others see something more in it, that's great for them b/c they likely enjoyed it more and that's cool.

I have seen some folks trying to put it on par with Ragnarok or, even worse, Winter Soldier or Civil War. It's not remotely close to those ... it's just not.

If you're got the available cash, I'd say go see it ... if nothing else you have theater popcorn available to eat, so you can't really go wrong.

enjoy your aids

I know nothing about guns, it was just a guess.
And their ships literally fly without thrust, so they can fly in space no problem.
And that there's nothing special about them is even worse because they kicked the asgardians to the curb.
Asgard literally has like 2 actual technological marvels, Bifrost and Thors hammer. That's it. And now they have neither. Because they got bitchslapped by a girl who threw swords.

Afaik that metal isn't in the movies. And the comics don't count in this discussion.

I didnt like it. To many bad african accents. Freeman and serkis carry it.

Attached: 1474050798000.jpg (700x512, 84K)

Asgard has space ships
in Ragnarok where did you think they got the mounted gun Valkyrie used
and the bi frost was made after Odin conquest how did you think they got around the nine realms before that

>And their ships literally fly without thrust
this is just simply wrong

>kicked the asgardians to the curb.
did you not watch the movie thats not what happend at all they were getting killed left and right with no problem the only people who had problems were the civilians

in fact not one of the warriors was killed by them except that random guard dude near the end

it in ironman 3 they jsut called it badassium instead

That's the only marvel movie I've only watched once and remember nothing of. If you're right then cool, Black panther is still invulnerable because if you shoot him with a badassium bullet it just gets absorbed.

thats not how that works there a limit to how much he can absorb
why do you think he bothers to dodge attacks?
large calibers and blade weapons with the tipped material are still a danger to him

A Crap Black Panther Origin - Caravan Of Garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=4Ad92NuVJ-Q

didnt save captains shield in civlil war and age of ultron

that thing is vibrainium and it got fucked up

It's entirely predictable. There wasn't a thing you couldnt see coming