Star Trek Voyager

Was it as bad as people say?

If so what could have been done different?

It's horribly boring and it's the only Star Trek that I have a hard time watching.
The cast is dull as fuck and ironically the hologram is the most "human" of them all.

It's just as bad as people say, primarily because of the horrible cast of characters. This doomed it from the beginning

Aside from a different cast, they should have actually stuck to their premise instead of betraying it to become a subpar TNG knockoff

Didn't Ronald Moore say that Battlestar Galactica was supposed to be Voyager done right or something? Or did someone else say that?

He has stated he took concepts and arcs that were never used for Voyager and implemented them into Battlestar Galactica

The "BSG is Voyager done right" spiel is merely an observations others have made

meant for

It starts out very hit or miss. Later on it gets desperate by pandering with fan favorite concepts like the borg and bringing in bizarre celebrity cameos like The Rock.

>Was it as bad as people say?

Yes.

But BSG has no direction or real story. It's just a series of random ass pulls... oh wait, so is Voyager. Carry on then.

Chakotay, Ensign Kim, and Tom Paris are basically non-characters.

Neelix is just annoying

Janeway is bi-polar and does whatever based on her mood.

Belanna is a bitch

Seven of Nine is just the Spock / Data replacement (but at least interesting)

EMH and Tuvok are probably only decent characters

Tuvok decent? Tom Paris at least had his retro hobbies and occasional rebelliousness.

Kinda funny Kim never got promoted above ensign, while Tom became lieutenant twice.

Tuvok is the kind of Vulcan that highlights how smart Spock was. Tuvok is logical, but not naturally bright, so he gets by on effort and attention to detail.

Well no one even noticed when Kim was murdered and replaced with a duplicate.

It had direction in the first two seasons, which is what the unused story ideas were basis for. It's season 3 where they venture into asspull territory

the nigger vulcan triggers my autism every time

also i just started watching DS9 and I'm hooked, so far it's the bast star trek series to me, i love it, and they say the first season is the worst one, can't wait to get to the other seasons

>Calls people niggers
>Likes Jadzia

Has there even been a worse poster than you?

Tuvok being black triggers my autism, since when was there a Sub-Saharan Africa on Planet Vulcan? They're supposed to be bronze. His mere presence annoys me in every scene he is in

I mean if we're supposed to buy that shit, does this mean there are Black Romulans too?

So you're saying in the billions of planets in the universe that only Earth has a part of the planet that is warmer and gets more sunshine and thus would cause the people to evolve a darker skin tone?

It was so poorly and inconsistently written
Janeway blew through the Delta Quadrant like a fucking hurricane

Tuvok really was the saving grace with that show. It was tough to find fault with his episodes.

darker skin tone combined with wider noses, nappy hair and just basically look exactly like a negro from Earth? Yeah, that's a stretch

On top of that the planet Vulcan is by all accounts not a varied ecosystem like Earth. It's a bunch of deserts and mountains

why do you ignore the fat lips, wide noses and kinky hair? why are you pretending it's only a matter of skin color?

Why wouldn't a similar species evolve similar traits in a similar situation?

So you're ok with the white vulcans looking exactly like white humans but not the black vulcans looking like black humans?

i havent gotten to season 7 yet, why do you think i won't like the other dax girl too, m80?

I'm just saying there is no reason to like Jadzia.

Because it's simply too exact. Similar is one thing, identical is another. My mind simply can't accept him as Vulcan, he ruins my immersion and reminds me I'm just watching a dumb TV show and this is just some schmoe with fake ears

I wouldn't mind him as any other character but as a Vulcan? So stupid and unnecessary

So you're ok with Spock looking identical to white humans but not with Tuvok looking identical to black humans.

they don't look exactly like white humans, they're bronze Egyptian types. The few exceptions are characters like Spock who are half-human

yes i am ok with it

why does every planet in the galaxy have to be a copy of earth? do we have to see abbo vulcans too? what about pacific islander vulcans? we can't have a racist evolution now can we, every culture and ethnicity has to be represented on vulcan too

plus they don't look like all white people, there arent any blonde or ginger vulcans, they have a specific look to them before this nog showed up

>they're bronze Egyptian types

Honestly I thought Ezri was kind of annoying and overused in that final season. Most of her focus episodes were bad. She also seemed to contradict the idea of inheriting personality traits from previous hosts.

Jadzia was better.

even if Vulcans did look just like white humans, which they don't, it makes no sense to only show that one kind and then blammo introduce a black Vulcan main character

>I mention Spock being an exception for being half human
>posts Spock as a rebuttal
nice one

So how upset and bothered were you the first time you met a black person? Because it made no sense that you only ever saw one type of person then blammo someone introduced a black character.

do you think before typing?

see this is why niggers can't be vulcans

vulcans are logical, while niggers cry like little bitches the second someone points out the fact that they're niggers

Would you grab Seven Of Nine by the pussy?

Yeah, it's crazy how the earth was nothing but white people and then in the 90's blacks came out of nowhere

I was like wtf

why does there HAVE to be a nigger vulcan?

in the series they have an established look about them, Tuvok looks nothing like other vulcans

or maybe the vulcans are racist and keep the vulcan brothas down?

Why does there HAVE to be white vulcans?

him acting like a vulcan is good enough for me I'm willing to suspend belief on this issue for the simple fact as humans we have more than one race and not every actor is going to be white enjoy your autism m8

cause that's how they looked originally, you don't just throw the original concept out the window in order to be more diverse

at the very least a reason should be given as to why he doesn't look like the rest of his kind, like the Albino Klingon

So you're saying the two dozen vulcans we had seen up to that point were the ENTIRE Vulcan race? That two dozen people out of a race of billions defines the entire look of a species?

It doesn't help that he's on the worst Trek series. If the series was better he'd be more palatable, maybe, but as it is he's just one of many reasons I despise Voyager

yes, that's what I'm saying

It's a TV show, what you show us is what they are, regardless of the sample size. Star Trek is known for its Planets of Hats, not like we see this diversity among any other species they encounter

is there a point you're trying to get across or do you enjoy acting like a 5 year old?

ok good for you

>yes, that's what I'm saying

Thank you for admitting your racism. My job is done.

so where are all the other brotha vulcans? are the white vulcans racist and keeping them from getting starfleet jobs?

And now that your job is done, how has your life improved?

Voyager is the only ST that I could see happening. Well, aside from DS9. Why would you send a giant starship with a full crew to explore unknown territory? You're endangering the lives of everyone onboard. Send an unmanned drone with a hologram emissary. Starships are for military and diplomatic operations in charted/claimed areas.

ok, now show me a blonde and a ginger vulcan

Why? We were discussing black vulcans.

why is this issue so important to you?

and yet somehow the Klingons being dark-skinned doesn't bother me at all, but whatever mental gymnastics make you feel better go for it

also that's an asian in your pic, not a nigger

Clearly it isn't because we've established that all Vulcans are straight white males.

It isn't. Why are you so upset that you're wrong?

I just assumed he was half-human

glad we cleared that up

how am i wrong?

who said that they're white? there arent any blonde vulcans, therefore vulcans aren't white, they're simply vulcans

So all white people are blonde?

Can someone explain to me how Janeway is so bad? I've given VOY a miss generally.

you niggers are really pathetic, this is why i will never take your kind seriously, so petty and dishonest

So you can't answer the question? I will remind you, your post said

>there arent any blonde vulcans, therefore vulcans aren't white

inconsistent writing that makes her seem like she has split personalities

Well, there's the voice.

Also think this thread has had enough race baiting.

It's clearly a troll that has succeeded in derailing yet another thread with the same ammunition he usually uses.

>I was proven wrong so please stop talking about it

vulcans are vulcans, they arent white, only humans can be white, it's a description to desribe a type of human

but you know that, you're just arguing because you are petty and dishonest

So why were you upset at a black vulcan?

it's not a troll, it's a nigger, you're only flattering the nigger if you think it's mind is capable of anything more

because vulcans have an established look, Tuvok doesn't have that look

Tuvok established that they can look black. Why is this so hard?

Saw some write up about Discovery. Apparently there were things about a Klingon captain, and a Starship that was a hybrid between Klingon and Federation designs, yet somehow all this is set in the 10 years prior to TOS where Pike would have been captaining the old TOS-Enterprise. And all this is somehow in the original universe.

>came here to discuss star trek
>2-3 retards arguing about vulcan skin color for 35 posts
really made me think

only two worthwhile characters (and one of them only because she's hot)
episodes are miss-miss-miss-hit-miss-miss
cool premise is completely wasted

You're better off skipping Voyager, it's the worst Trek

it's still miles better than the crap that was DS9

thanks trump

it's true. DS9 is just a stupid space soap opera about a father and his boring son.

>DS9 is just a stupid space soap opera

So Star Trek.

I'll take a wild guess and say you didn't watch past the first episode

Jake is barely even a character and in many episodes doesn't even appear, there's an entire ensemble cast that gets plenty of screen time. Unlike other Trek shows there's actual character development for almost all of them.

Also, a soap opera? DS9? Do you even know what the term implies?

How does someone like and enjoy star trek of any iteration if they hold such ridiculous prejudice? Do you understand the concept of star trek? Why is it so triggering for a Vulcan to be black? Are you so petty?

Better villain than any Voyager had.

>inb4 Dukat Defense Force claims he did nothing wrong

no. at least it should have sci fi themes, not just fags ruining around in make up.

So DS9 didn't have any sci fi themes at all?

because i don't like retcons, i prefer consistency

Not him, but I simply find it annoying how a race is shown to look a certain way for years before it being turned on its head for what? Diversity points?

Is has nothing to do with "oh shit a black person I hate black people." If they had made him a blue or purple Vulcan I would irritated as well, if they didn't explain why.

You can't blame this opinion on just being prejudiced, although I can see how that might be convenient for you. Now I don't consider it that big of an issue really, I just made one comment about how it annoys me and I became embroiled in an argument who desperately wanted to paint me as racist. At the end of the day I don't even like Voyager to begin with, it having an unexplained Black Vulcan is just one nitpick of many

why are you defending this issue so religiously?

You were born, both of your parents were white and so were your siblings if you had any. Were you upset the first time you met a black person because it "retconned" your version of reality?

Why are you fighting it so religiously?

It had its moments ex. Equinox, Year of Hell
and one of the GOAT trek characters, the Doctor

to me, while it was far inferior to DS9, it was the last "real" Trek

You're using this retarded analogy again? Don't you have anything else?

>there's actual character development
>Better villain than any Voyager had.
all meme buzzwords that have nothing to do with value and quality, no wonder why you plebs like DS9

>Why is it so triggering for a Vulcan to be black
because there is no point or reason to change the look of the vulcans

you think it's important to force diversity where it isn't needed and I'm the petty one? this is why trump won and this is why brexit won, because of people like you

im not, i mentioned how retarded it is and you're doing mental gymnastics to defend it

Right, i'm the the one doing mental gymnastics while you make post after post explaining why you're pissed off at the sight of a black person.