Le glowing floor tiles

>le glowing floor tiles
>le bladerunner hologram city
>not a single crt monitor in sight
>no vintage chinese signs with real neon glow
>disgusting neo-80's suicide squad color palette
>that bright as day "night" scene
>the crispness of everything, from clothes to buildings to le IMAX 3D

I didn't think it was possible to miss the tone and aesthetics of an original work by this much.

This looks like a sequel to Tron Legacy.

If this is what awaits Bladerunner and Akira too, just kill me now please.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mikediva/status/797745735148007424
youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm so fucking salty right now. Keep your grubby capeshit fingers off my anime Hollywood.

>future
>crt monitor
Was it autism?

CRT are the only choice for retro console gaming.

Looks great you tasteless child of videogames

Little do you know in the future the CRT will be proven to be not only more energy efficient but able to produce a superior image after advances in nano tech that caused the japanese miracle

They missed the mark. I knew it from when they announced this and Bladerunner 2, if there are no CRT monitors in the trailer the movie will be an absolute disaster. There's no such thing as cyberpunk without CRT monitors.

In the 90s version of the future

>n-n-n-not muh anime (that made no sense then and would make no sense now)

The casting is the real travesty.

twitter.com/mikediva/status/797745735148007424

Looks good tbqh

You realize blade runner monitors only existed before we had better versions of them? Although I do agree they are the comfiest monitors in existence, we probably will never see them again.

>that history on /vg/
Fucking christ looks like I was 100% right

You should download it quick because they'll do whatever they can to wipe it out like the dark tower footage

I am quite confused what all the hate is about it.

It looks good. Is it just the typical Sup Forums contrarionism?

this is fucking garbage. Nothing like the anime
>they saved me
>no they didn't
what the fuck is that shit? They took out all the good stuff and stuck in a shit plot about a company hacking her ghost. Fuck right off

kek

>MAJOR U GOTTA GO ON A DIET
>NO MAJOR YOU CAN'T CATCH CRIMINALS LIKE THIS
>NO MAJOR WE ARE NOT GETTING YOU A SCOOTER

Maybe the movie will end up being good (it won't) but it definitely does not look good at all from the trailer and teasers. It looks like a generic piece of summer schlock with half-assed cgi and even less than generic writing.

And, it's shot like shit, sci-fi needs wide angle. I mean they couldn't even copy the cinematography correctly.

I wish they didn't show the human brain, kinda takes away from part of the ambiguity. Also there should be at least one full body nude shot, not even from a horny standpoint it just holds the whole sequence together.

thicc

>the shot before the fake skin
>michael pitt takes of his coat and only has skin on his head
so the plot of movie is that she wasn't actually the first of her kind and now they have to stop him?

you do know this site is weeb central. having hollywood try to adapt one of the most beloved pieces of japanese animation is going to cause more then a few ruffled feathers.

if they do a sequel everyone tweet at the director to shove in an /ss/

Or I could just reboot the movie in a decade and call it THE GHOST IN THE SHELL

Clint Mansell is doing the soundtrack to GITS

>Sup Forums
Its just Sup Forums teens that think it matters.

A good portion of Ghost in the Shell is companies/factions doing anything to get ahead, ends justify the means etc. It's not a surprising or even problematic addition

If this wasn't an adaptation it would be completely ignored.

>original theme
my dick

What ambiguity? GitS isn't Blade runner.

>I wish they didn't show the human brain, kinda takes away from part of the ambiguity
explain yourself

Recording: twitter.com/mikediva/status/797745735148007424

CYBERPUNK IS THE FUTURE ENVISIONED BY THE 80'S REEEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT'S SO DIFFICULT TO GET

IT'S NOT THE FUTURE ENVISIONED NOW LIKE SOME EX MACHINA SHIT

IT'S NOT A SIMPLE NEO-80'S NOSTALGIA GRAB EITHER

IT'S ALL FUCKING WROOOOOOOOOOONG, THROW IT ALL IN THE FUCKING GARBAGE

oh my god.i like a thing that others dislike...

how could this have happened....

I seriously doubt they will go with the original soundtrack in the final cut.

>not a single crt monitor in sight
Why would there be?

habeeb

because all computer monitors are CRT and monochrome either green or amber.

Have you never used a computer before? how are you typing this?

>Akira

Wait what? No. No. No no no no no.

It's always nice to rehear it but I kind of hope they don't, anyway. Already borrowing more than enough from the original.

You're retarded or just haven't been exposed enough. Cyberpunk encompases so much more than a limited american vision from the 80s.

Do you think Tetsuo is not cyberpunk? Or that Cyberpunk can't be happening NOW?

and Batou man!
Batou looks like shit
he was the goat

This is the reality of it though. Its why theres so much garbage like it coming out just like in the 40 :^)

I fell asleep watching this.

You leave Suicide Squad out of this, gay boy.

IS THIS AN ACTUAL OPENING? FOR REAL?
ITS GLORIOUS

Topography analysis experts use CRT monitors.

That theme tho. Goes through me every damn time.

But why did they need that sequence? Kusanagi's existence quite obviously explained in couple of dialogues in original GiTS. There isn't a single "Angel's egg"-tier dialogue in GiTS. Are producers afraid nowadays' teens won't get it?

I just hope they'll keep that music for the film.

is this real

>No hair drying.
>0/10

>giving a fuck about TVs
Was it autism?

>almost 1:1 in every aspect
>all the americans will be confused
KINO

Normies don't have a fucking clue what GiTS is, and that sequence is pretty emblematic, why wouldn't they put it in?
u fkn no it senpai

>Already borrowing more than enough from the original.

why even bother adapting it, then?

just go with "a film inspired by"

gits doesn't have a copyright on naked cyborgs

The problem is we are rapidly approaching a blade runner future. It stops looking like fiction and more like a howto manual.

HOW
HOW
It's the most intense hour long film I have ever watched. Whenever I watched it I felt extremely drained afterwards. Of course I don't watch a lot of stuff, but Tetsuo is a huge exception in experience to other films.

I hope they'll remove it if it doesn't fit the movie.

I don't want a GitS filled with homage but missing the themes.

Wait, what? Mansell is very good but won't they use those original themes as in twitter video over there

>Stylized Le Matrix action

The action in the anime was very straight forward, nothing flashy.

Music has to stay, so the plebs can feel at least 1% of feels we feel. Music is essential part of those feels.

This new film is not only about *us* enjoying the movie, but also about spreading the idea that augs are ok. I don't want to end up in an augs-purists civil war just like in deus ex.
Think of the new film as of propaganda :^)

Well that video has the intro muted with people playing the theme over it live.
I *HOPE* that doesn't mean they planned on using another music for the theater release.

That's not quite true though, the anime had a lot of major jumping from stupidly high placed through windows and shooting people's feet off.

You do realise that in 30 years our 00-10's vision of future would be dated as fuck? It'd become retrofuturism in 50 years.

Either way, I've never seen cyberpunk discribed as "clean", "sleek" and "minimalist" which are things this trailer come much closer to.

huh...this is the first thing I've seen from this movie that gives me hope. The trailer is garbage, they should have just put this out instead

Isn't cyber brain a big deal in gits??

Am I the only one that loves retrofuturism from the jet age

It got taken down where did anybody save it?

more like you died while you watched it.

No one with a pulse falls asleep while watching Tetsuo: The Iron Man.

youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo

Sure, in some shots. Others were quite dramatic.

It also always made sense, unlike what we were shown here. Johansson is literally still moving up when the shot opens at 0:25 and doesn't hit the apex until 0:26.

Why was she moving upwards like she was jumping off some platform when we were told that she was freefalling in the previous shot?

>CYBERPUNK IS THE FUTURE ENVISIONED BY THE 80'S
no it's not you fucking retard

The movie looks incredible. Thank god they are actually making a mature version for adults. This will be much better than the children's cartoon.

a movie made by retards to appeal to idiots pretending to be losers to be "cool"

weakest bait of the day, gtfo

That's what i'm talking about. Original movie had a couple of dialogues about soul/brain, that pretty much explained "what" Major is. They were quite down to earth, nothing special. Same old "what makes us human" talk. As for me that brain sequence looks like a similar one from latest Robocop remake

Yes, let movies like Ex Machine and Her represent our current vision of the future. Why taint a cyberpunk work?

And here we have an actual nowadays audience.

There is no ambiguity, Batou explicitly says in 1995 film that they have human brain cells in their cyberbrain. Cyberbrain is a human brain with a human-machine interface.

Jesus Sup Forums how many levels or irony are you on right now???

Well yes, it seems nu-GITS is losing on the low life aspect.

Nice post, reddit.
Now kill yourself.

Sup Forums becoming worse than Sup Forums rite now.

In terms of quality it looks to sit somewhere between the Ghostbusters reboot and Dr. Strange. Dr. Strange was so f*cking good.

>As for me that brain sequence looks like a similar one from latest Robocop remake
Why? It is straight from the 1995 film, they show the brain too.

I'm a Sup Forums regular
fite me

I used to love ScarJo because I thought she was hot. I don't know when it is that I ended up redpilling myself but I can't stand her now. Every time I see her I'm struck by her inability to act. It's the one thing that's kept me from watching Under the Skin.

>retrofuturism
that stuff is great, i especially loved the jetsons as a child. funny how they predicted a happy and peaceful future back then. today's vision of future is often different to that

I don't want to admit it but damn this actually turned out pretty good

The rest of the movie will be another matter, though

If you are honestly looking for some cyberpunk inspired anime and can get into 80's Japanese music The original Bubble Gum Crisis is the way to go.

Its nothing serious but its a fun little series with awesome music.

"Children's cartoon" had severed limbs, bodies torn apart by rapid large calibre weapons and close shots of headshots (pardon for this). Let's hope, we'll see at least a third of it in the movie adaptation

They need to do a different, weirder trailer, but other than that, it's looking good so far.

Sci-Fi is having a hell of a comeback next year. The less superhero schlock, the better.

they didn't envision immigration and cultural enrichment

It's honestly probably the worst casting I've seen in a long time.

Honestly, the movie doesn't look that bad, even impressive in some parts, but the casting is going to flat out kill it for me.

Scarlet Johanson is the worst of them all. Sorry, she just doesn't sell it for me. She doesn't have the look, she doesn't deliver a stoic presence, nothign about her fits. When I see her in the trailer, all I see is Scarlet Johanson, I don't see the major, and it just doesn't work.

this isn't sci-fi

it's an action movie in a barely sci-fi setting when it was meant to be cyber punk

I swear, someone picked up snow crash and said fuck. This is an awesome way to run the world lets make it happen.

Things have gotten so depressing

>children's cartoon.
get fucked

Why "taint"? Can't 10's have their own, updated take on cyberpunk?
That's weird. I've seen it several times but don't quite remember the brain sequence. Need to re-watch it again. Thanks for helping me to choose Sunday night movie, user!

lol ok. Grow up. The show was made in a children's medium for children. It's reminesent of what elementary school children draw.