e.g. Elliott Smith's band Heatmiser, who aren't as well known as Elliott Smith

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_onagRhKN5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Crosby Stills Nash & Young

Only Young though, I'd say
Same for Buffalo Springfield

Yeah I agree. Maybe Sting & The Police?

I'd wouldn't say so. I'd say Sting probably wouldn't have even had a successful solo career if he hadn't have already had a career with the Police, but I've no way of actually knowing that.

Good point. I can't think of any others desu. Maybe Dave Grohl going to Foo Fighters and Nirvana if you want to stretch the rules of what you define

from Nirvana*

TVU and Lou Reed is an obvious one

Ringo :^)

Sugarcubes/bjork

Stooges & Iggy Pop

Ataxia

selena gomez and the scene

Til Tuesday and Aimee Mann.

morrisey

lol no

Big Brother Holding Company - Janis Joplin
Them - Van Morrison

Faces and Rod Stewart. Faces had some great music but they almost seem like Rod's drinking buddies rather than band members.

Genesis for sure

Cliff Richard and the Shadows
Y Kant Tori Read

skrillex, he used the be the vocalist for a band called from first to last

I kind of get what you mean by this, but at the same time I think Ron Wood in particular was basically 90% of what made early Rod Stewart stuff good being as he went to shit pretty much as soon as Ron stopped consistently performing with him

hes in that band again

>Cliff Richard and the Shadows
Probably the only case I can think of where both parties were more notable apart from each other than with

is he? i didnt know that, either way skrillex is still more popular than them even if dubstep was only mainstream for like a week

heatmiser fucking sucks

Before he went solo Ted Nugent was in the Amboy Dukes, who I rate higher than his solo stuff desu
youtube.com/watch?v=_onagRhKN5E

Odd Future

no it isn't
TVU is much more well known than lou reed at this point

Michael Gira and Circus Mort

Member of From First to Last.

>skrillex
>dubstep
spotted the american't

The Sugarcubes

I think David Sylvian is more popular than Japan

Back in the 70's Lou was bigger then VU just because Walk on the Wild Side was a huge hit. Now days everyone credits VU as being one of the most influential bands of all time, so they're bigger.

Richard Hawley
Longpigs were moderately popular britpop band, but his solo career was way more successful

I feel like Steven Wilson is becoming more known for his solo career than Porcupine Tree, his new album even hit top 5 in UK

Phil Collins maybe? Genesis were huge but so was his solo career.

King Diamond, though it's technically still a band

Casey Crescenzo with The Dear Hunter,
The Revieving End of Sirens had/has a fanbase but TDH is infinitely more popular

Damon Albarn and Blur?
I'd say Gorillaz are more popular than Blur