Can only think of a couple of these
Probably the most obvious one is Jeff Buckley

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM
youtube.com/watch?v=KYE4-_Yzj60
youtube.com/watch?v=c9VQye6P8k0
youtube.com/watch?v=3qzmIQGhVg4
youtube.com/watch?v=sLcrljIeYNY
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/caspar_brotzmann_massaker/der_abend_der_schwarzen_folklore/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does it matter how well known the parent is/was? Like, did they also have to be notable on their own?

Lil Tracy

I'd say they have to be fairly notable, not superstar famous necessarily, but not just known as "so-and-so's parent"

Dweezil Zappa I guess. I think pretty much all the Zappa children went on to do something in stage performance.

Carnie Wilson

Mickey Hart's dad was a champion rudimental drummer. (he was also GD's manager and disappeared with all the band's money)

Willie Nelson's son's band "Lukas Nelson and The Promise of The Real" are pretty good, they were a backing band for Neil Young a couple years ago and coming out with a new album soon.

there are many who are not as great as their parents and many famous musicians with parents who are musicians but nowhere near really notable

Woody Guthrie's son Arlo Guthrie maybe gets close to Jeff & Tim
youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM
youtube.com/watch?v=KYE4-_Yzj60

Both Keith Emerson's and Rick Wakeman's children are talented keyboardists/pianists.

Ringo's lad has had a pretty good career as a session musician, played with a bunch of people like Paul Weller and Oasis and the Who. He might well be a more accomplished drummer than his dad is.

frankie cosmos

Jakob Dylan aint too bad I guess

Matthew Bellamy

Albert Hammond Jr. is a decent musician I guess.

Nancy Sinatra>Frank

Natalie Cole

Damian and Ziggy Marley

The Wainwrights weren't bad

Sean Lennon too

Jason Bonham

>nobody mentions Alice Coltrane

John isn't her father...

At least I really hope not because that would be creepy.

yeah for a reason dipshit

Beck, his dad was a composer so it kind of counts

Damien Marley

youtube.com/watch?v=c9VQye6P8k0

Y'all forgetting ol' Billy Ray's daughter

two talented musicians getting married together isn't really what we're talking about

that said Ravi Coltrane is respectable on his own right

on the jazz front bassist Charlie Haden's daughter Petra Haden is pretty great on her own right as a vocalist and there are at least a couple of three generation leaps that come to mind - drummer Roy Haynes' son Graham Haynes is a semi-known jazz trumpeter and grandson Marcus Gilmore is again a pretty much a-star jazz drummer - notable jazz man Chico O'Farrill's son Arturo O'Farrill became a top latin jazz band leader and his son Adam O'Farrill is now making a name for himself as a jazz trumpeter.

I think jazz has many more, at least Duke Ellington's son Mercer Ellington became a respected musician in his own right.

youtube.com/watch?v=3qzmIQGhVg4

>Well done son, keeping up the family Jewhating tradition

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone discuss him on Sup Forums, but Peter Brötzmann's son Caspar has a ton of noise rock releases under his belt. He's pretty good at it too; all his stuff is very dark and intense. He reminds me a little of Bodychoke, another noise rock group that I never see Sup Forums talk about.

youtube.com/watch?v=sLcrljIeYNY

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/caspar_brotzmann_massaker/der_abend_der_schwarzen_folklore/

My boy Tyondai Braxton (frontman for Battles) hasn't been brought up yet. He was the son of Anthony Braxton. Crazy