/Hawaii/ How is it possible to be a such a piece of shit state? Everything is overpriced to the point of price gouging...

/Hawaii/ How is it possible to be a such a piece of shit state? Everything is overpriced to the point of price gouging. The roads are riddled with pot holes, speed limits are retardedly slow even on the """"highway"""", and people still manage to wreck all day everyday. They do construction on the """""highway""""" in the middle of rush hour and will close 3 lanes for several miles to """""patch""""" a pothole. Locals all drive piece of shit rust bucket Chevy S10s and Hondas that constantly break down because they cant handle going 30mph. Some of the worst drivers in the world that don't know basic rules of traffic. They don't know the right of way, what solid lines mean, what yield means, or what a turn signal is. If they do use their turn signal, they use it improperly. They don't know the far left lane is for passing and you will even see 18 wheelers and other large trucks cruising in the far left lane. Traffic is always shitty, even to the point of a dead stop, because of all the things previously mentioned. They didn't want the railway(that will improve traffic) that is taking 50 years to build because it was going to disturb """"historical"""" land even though everything on the fucking island is """"historical"""". They have rocks here that are """"historical"""", fucking rocks. It is probably taking so long to build the railway because the government here is so corrupt. Locals HATE white people and refer to them as "haolis". They think its cool to claim that they are part Portuguese or half Korean like anyone gives a fuck. NO ONE HERE SPEAKS PORTUGUESE OR KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT PORTUGUESE CULTURE THEY ARE ALL FULL OF SHIT. Most locals are not even real Hawaiians, they are some mut mixture of everything Asian. More than half the businesses here are cash only even though no civilized person carries cash anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Maricopa-AZ_rb/?fromHomePage=true&shouldFireSellPageImplicitClaimGA=false&fromHomePageTab=buy
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berman_v._Parker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A good portion of businesses are closed on Sunday even though their entire fucking economy is based on tourism. You can't hire some athiest to run the cash register? Waiters and waitresses here don't know how to split checks. They WILL NOT split your check even if you ask them and they look you in the eye and say yes. The public school system here is one of the worst in the country. They don't teach American History. For history they teach about King Kamehameha because they worship him. Kamehameha in short was the king of Hawaii and as so owned all the land. King Kamehameha sold most of this land to white business men so he could then take that money and buy weapons from more white people. King Kamehameha then took those weapons and conquered the rest of the islands and Hawaiian people. His descendants later on finished selling out their own people out. When it came time to become a state in 1959 93% of voters voted yes to becoming a state. Despite all of this many present day Hawaiians want to become their own kingdom again. They think their land was stolen by white people and worship King Kamehameha. Today Hawaii is still the worst state to do business in, because they don't know how to do business. That is why they got the short end of the stick by the haoli businessman.

The one below is a mcmansion

The one above is a fucking toilet.

McFuck yourself

Nothing is ever overpriced/ Learn to supply and demand, fucking haole.

Don't like it? Leave. Plenty of people want to replace you.

As for the photos, the one above probably has easy beach access or ocean views. That's worth a lot.

Also, you realize the building is worth shit compared to the land right? Land is the actual valuable thing you can build something nice on top of it and tear down the piece of shit anytime you like (after bribing local scumbag politicians for "zoning" approval)

Forgot to add Hawaiians will defend this.
See

>after bribing local scumbag politicians for "zoning" approval

Thanks for confirming one of the things I mentioned.

I appreciate the insider info, user. I always thought of Hawaii as some tropical paradise.

Is it true they have a huge meth problem down there?

>Hawaii full of good

>arizona full of spics

I am quite happy in rural new england where I see a non white at most once every 6 months. Good luck in Hawaii and arizona....parts of "america", lmao

Asians.

Unregulated foreign investors, current trend is wealthy chinks, buy up the land.

Unrestricted immigration and tourist flow drive up already expensive imports cost.

>pissed about historical land

They should kick a lot of people off the fucking island. Look up what happened to Easter Island, its a fucking island not a regular landmass. Limit the fucking access to the island and you'll find these problems non existent.

>gooKS autofiltered to good. Lol apple cuck

Bottom house is 800-900k in AZ.

>Wanting to live in Hawaii

Why would you do that

>Not buying acres of land in countryside/west/midwest/north USA dirt cheap and having some land you can call your own

Fucking hell people

YES, I forgot to mention the homeless problem. Homelessness and rampant drug is such a huge issue in Hawaii. The Hawaiian government will pay for a one way ticket to send homeless people to California. They can't handle being a state but want to be their own country.

Haole go home

That's my fucking ex's house! Lmao that or they made cookie cutter houses and copied them down to the fucking bushes and palm trees

You seem upset

>not understanding economics
If you think anyone is price gouging, offer the same product/services at a lower price and profit. This is how capitalism works and why it's brought far more prosperity than any other system.

>Arizona
The difference is no-one wants to live in Arizona. I could move to Arizona right now with the $10 I have in my bank account and buy a 2b/2b condo.

It's hard to engage in capitalism when the regulations drowned you in bureacracy/red tape to get anything done.

Because demand for space, also the house you posted is in Maricopa most likely.

zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Maricopa-AZ_rb/?fromHomePage=true&shouldFireSellPageImplicitClaimGA=false&fromHomePageTab=buy

you're in the middle of no where

Guy, we are on a small Island. You can practically charge whatever you want. There is little to no competition and they are just as greedy.

Hawaii has shit internet speeds and also anti-science.

They could have the biggest telescope in the world but locals cockblocked it because my supernatural volcano god doesn't like telescopes.

Don't know why everyone is so obsessed with Hawaii.

A tropical paradise

vs.

a desert shithole

In Sydney they would both be millions of dollary-doos

It is a random image from Google. The housing market in Hawaii is ridiculous as well though. Locals will have 40 people living in one tiny house. I think they are worse than Mexicans in this regard.

You must be from California or Austin

Grew up in a family of 5. House was 5 bed 4 bath. $350,000 Gilbert, AZ Vast majority of families in our community were white.

Once you learn where the nogs congregate such as south Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Arizona is a great place to live.

that is depending on where you live.

Im buying a lot for under 10 grand near a forest reserve.
Everything is expensive but that is the luxury cost of being on an island in the middle of the ocean.
Bohemianism is hard to avoid being on an island.
everyone who is young is a cutthroat posing trend-seeker and a shitty communicator because either adopt or bring the western culture of the mainland with them or try to normalize into the racist idiotic pidgin culture.

ooo brah, you wan scrap, dog? Fuckin Haole

Malasadas are a blessing, I'm a Portugese-Samoan-Jap btw

People shouldn't even think about Hawaii.

Radford High School is good. It's mostly made up of military children as its right next to the biggest US military base. Mililani High School is pretty good too.

Also everyone here is Micronesian and Filipino who claim to be Hawaiian

Liberals

I have a friend who lives in Hawaii. She said because they are a blue state the government does everything they can to keep people dependent on handouts. There are no good jobs, and because the cost of living is so expensive no one can afford to save up enough money go get off the island. It's effectively a trap where you work to make enough money to get by. Everyone always votes blue come election time because they are desperate for handouts to stay afloat, and they're too stupid realize voting red might offer greater opportunity to escape the hellhole.

who the fuck would want to live in Arizona in a desert full of mexicans?

In minny you can get pic below inna nice suburb for 200k easy

Depends on the area. It could be that much if it's in the far out burbs like East Chandler/Gilbert or Goodyear

in vancouver that place could be a million depending on the location. You can thank the chinese who dont even have to be citizens to buy property for that

>cheap
>Nice weather most of the year
>No snow
>somewhat conservative
>growing area

Find me any place that has all that

California before the 80s

it's in the middle of the fucking ocean

No way a house that size costs that much in Arizona. Maybe if it's in a suburb near downtown Phoenix (west Chandler or South Mountain possibly). Most other places in the valley it woul cost about 350k.

Is that actually what $500k can get you in AZ?

Fuck, I could live like a king.

I visited my sister out in Phoenix and thought it was beautiful, I'm planning on moving west myself.

Hawaii's weather is so good you can live in a tent and not give a fuck.

>nice weather
It's a fucking desert. You think Iraq's got nice weather too?

We have those people. We call them homeless.

Move to Saskatchewan or Manitoba.

There's a reason they're cheap.

500k will get you quite a lot of house in most of the US tbqh

>2.5 baths

Fuck you faggot I bet you are some military asshole

2 full bathrooms (this includes a shower/tub) and a half bath (toilet and sink only).

500K would buy me a McMansion in my state. We call them "executive homes".

I visit Hawaii for work about twice a year. Oahu specifically.

Its nice but after one circle around the island you quickly start to go stir crazy with Island Fever because its so fucking small.

Hawaii is good for visiting and visiting only. When I first got there I liked it, thought about getting a place out there, but after time, when you factor in the price and Island Fever you quickly realize it is NOT worth it at all, not even in the slightest. I even met one black dude who lived on the island for a few years and was super, super happy to be able to move to Ohio. Fucking Ohio.

Natural beauty will only get you so far. Outside of nature activities, Hawaii can get extremely boring, extremely fast. All people do for fun is drink while camping out or drink on the beach. Maybe because everything closes at 10PM at the very latest. Like I said, great for a vist, but not to live.

Im not envious of anybody stuck in Hawaii. Give me Arizona any day of the week. Seriously.

yeah Oahu gets small pretty fast but if you have family here or on the other Islands you don't really want to leave

There are almost no Mexicans in Arizona. There's a reason the Taco Bells are staffed by work-releasers

White man fucks over another group of people. White people turn around and blame them for it. Hmmm now how many times has this story repeated itself through out history?

I do live in SK, no way in fucking hell could you get a 3000sqft home for $500k. Mine is roughly 2300 was something like $520k. Canadian housing prices are a fucking ripoff.

>tfw the one below would cost over 2 million yuros here.

>Everything is overpriced to the point of price gouging.

Thats true of any major metro. The Great Real Estate Crash II comes my brother. Save up cash now to scoop up houses half their value during the fall.

True, I can see that. Home is where the heart is.

All that being said, I find the locals always to be very friendly. Have never really had a problem with race in Hawaii. Then again, Im pretty laid back. Though you guys do like to scrap alot haha.

Now, Mexicans, on the other hand...

>everything closes at 10PM at the very latest

Another thing I forgot to mention originally. Seriously they don't understand shit about running a business.

Hawaii is my dream.i don't care if I lived in a literal shack there. I just wanna live there. Forever.

>you quickly start to go stir crazy with Island Fever because its so fucking small

Funny, I remember driving on the road to Hana and it literally felt like I was driving for an eternity. Hawaii definitely didn't feel "small" to me.

>/Hawaii/ How is it possible to be a such a piece of shit state? Everything is overpriced to the point of price gouging

Limited real estate and needing to import everything will do that.

That said those are some fucking nice beaches.

kek

Thats becauae traffic sucks and the roads are small. Do a full 360 of the island, and youll see just how little there really is. Especially when you factor in closing times of businesses.

OP, ignore all other posts. This is the only one that matters
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berman_v._Parker
This court decision was cured in Hawaii housing authority v Midkiff which is the court decision that fucked up Hawaii's housing market
>Similarly, in Hawaii, the taking of the land lessor's interest was supposed to reduce or stabilize housing prices on Oahu. But instead, following the Midkiff decision, housing prices on Oahu skyrocketed upward, doubling in about five years. Many of the homes in the taking area, notably in the Kahala area, were bought up by Japanese investors who tore them down and replaced them with expensive, luxury homes. As of today (2014) Hawaii has the highest home prices in the United States.

Also read the wiki article on the Midkiff decision as well

>houses in a tropical paradise cost more than houses in a god forsaken desert where hobbies include sitting in air conditioning, watching water evaporate off of cement, and watching cacti grow

That's somehow not very surprising

*Court decision was CITED
Damn phone

I still don't understand this whole "Island fever" thing. I mean, it's not like I regularly leave my town and go far away. I think it's more psychological than anything. Just knowing that you're on an Island and can't get away without a plane or boat.

Hawaii: still cheaper than california.

>However, the aftermath of the Midkiff decision failed to achieve the stated purpose of the redistribution legislation, which was incapable of creating new housing because it transferred title from the land lessor only to the lessee-homeowners who already occupied existing homes on the subject property.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ONLY IN HAWAII! THEY JUST KEEP FUCKING THEMSELVES OVER. IM DONE WITH THIS PLACE.

>/Hawaii/ How is it possible to be a such a piece of shit state? Everything is overpriced to the point of price gouging.
kikes merchant Hawaii to shit.

I didnt understand it either until I spent long periods of time there and routinely visited. I cant thoroughly explain it, I dont think anybody can. It is the reason why I do not live there. Maybe it is psychological, but it is a real feeling. When you add to the fact that horrible traffic and high prices keeps people confined to their super small towns or some desolate corner of Honolulu, it probably gets even smaller. Believe me, mainlanders like you are a dime dozen. Many end up not being able to stay longer than maybe a year or two tops. It seems like just about everybody in SoCal has had a Hawaii phase at least once and they all say they came back for the same reason: "Island Fever".

Makes me wonder if everyone will end up killing each other in the first self-sufficient space station or colony.

There are locals that have never left their small sections of the island. Imagine growing up on the west side and never visiting the east side ever?

Not sure if you read the article in Midkiff

>Federal government keeps half the land Hawaii has which can be lived on
>Most of land people are living on is distributed to about twenty renters
>State authority seizes land with eminent domain, claims it needs redistributed to other real estate groups because there isn't enough competition
>Plan is to distribute land to dozens and dozens of real estate groups
>Most land goes to one Japanese real estate firm

The solution is simple. Berman v Parker was an unconstitutional decision to begin with. Through elected state legislators, use state nullification on Berman v Parker, overturn Midkiff and get your own Ted Bundy for Hawaii

Fight against bad supreme Court decisions and further legitimize those who stand with Bundy. Make Hawaii lead the nation in small government principals

I cant even wrap my head around it. Thats insane to me.

But Hawaii is laid back like that I guess. If it makes them happy more power to them, its just not for me.

Oh wait. You did read it. Nevermind me I suck cocks

But seriously. Who in Hawaii wouldn't want lower housing prices? Make Hawaii great again and America with it!

0/10.

You mean Ammon Bundy, Holmes.

Ted Bundy was a serial killer.