Pittsburgh got this good by drafting and developing their players

Not meming up onto super teams

they just got better back up bro.

NHL fans think they have "parity"

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Nba has more parity in the past 11 years

>Blackhawks, Penguins, Kings winning like 8 of the last 9 cups

>parity

This semen slurping sport, is not for me.

>penguins
>blackhawks
>bruins
>kings
>blackhawks
>kings
>blackhawks
>penguins
>penguins

>predditors
>trashville
>country music
lel

The Salary cap was put in to prevent things like the Blackhawks and Penguins.

In the end it didn't even matter.

No city deserves a dynasty more than Pittsburgh desu desu

Relatively new to sports (been watching NFL, NBA, and NHL for only 5 years now). Why do people hate elite teams like New England, Golden States, Pitsburg Pens, etc? It's not like these teams are ding anything wrong or unfair. They're just run at a very high level, so they consistently yield good results.

>silence
>HONKHONKHONK
>quiet cheering
>back to silence
>throw shit on ice because puck goes on top of the net and you don't know the rules

Pittsburgh is the least deserving fanbase

Penguins were pretty much handed a strong core by the NHL in the Crosby draft year when they were in financial trouble. So some ire is to be expected and deserved. They got their two best players with the first two draft picks.

We are truly living in the Blackhawks dynasty

Better than canadian teams who can't even sellout playoff elimination games

this is a comfy thread

Yes. Fucking thank you man, it's so nice to know there are people out there who acknowledge this.

They got Malkin the year before the lockout lottery

players like brady and curry ruin their respective sports by being so good

>They got their two best players with the first two draft picks.
Penguins actually should have had the first pick for Ovechkin but lost it and "settled" with Malkin

Ovechkin really got fucked over in that deal

Ovi wouldn't have lasted DESU

He's one dimensional as fuck

Malkin's no 2 way force, but his whole game is rounded as shit comparatively.

Neal for Hornquist was one of the best trades of the last 10 years.

People hate greatness and prefer flukes for some reason

but their last two series went 7 games?

and nashville has looked better for the majority of the last 2 games?

SOG is a flawed metric

>and nashville has looked better for the majority of the last 2 games
Are you fucking retarded? At the very best they looked better in game 1 because Pittsburgh played like absolutely fucking garbage (and still won), and tonight Nashville sucked ass.

People always root for the underdog, and when you have one particular team dominating, that means they're likely stomping out your team's chances every year. So it's everyone else in that particular sport vs. the fanbase of one team.

why did you (You) me but quote him?

I mean, in fairness, those two Kings cups were their first two after having not won one in 45 years of existence, and the Blackhawks had sucked for the longest time before their 2010 cup.

Neal for Hornqvist was great for both teams. Pens trading for Kessel is what put them over the top.

>last game, tied in the 3rd period
>tonight's game, tied in the 3rd period

final score doesn't tell the whole story for either game

because he's fucking retarded

Accident
No, YOU'RE fucking retarded.

yeah but lets be real here. we all know the pens are gonna win.

Pittsburgh is this good because of Crosby (1st overall) and Malkin (2nd overall), they are 100% tank/lottery babbies. Anyways the fags crying about muh parity conveniently forget one of the teams in the SCF was the lowest seeded team to make the playoffs.

yeah i was more nervous about the Sens because their style is tailor made to take the Pens out of their game

>they are 100% tank/lottery babbies
tanking is how they got lemieux too, for the record

who is Jake Guentzel

The next Great One.

and Murray

Not an argument, they tanked their way into having arguably the two best centers in the league

yeah the snes and their new shitty boring play style worked wonders against the rags and pens unfortunately. good thing they lost. fuck em.

they didn't tank, they just sucked

there's a differencee

Indeed, everyone knew it would be the penguins and predators in the finals from the beginning of the season

the 2017 Conn Smythe recipient

also.... >implying there is something wrong with tanking

i live in STL so i'm a blues "fan", and i wish like fuck the blose would tank a year, maybe two

they were a shit team and that's how the draft works dude. if you're not going to the playoffs then put your bench out there and let them get playing time. it's win/win and a perfectly valid strategy to build a team.

>in 10 years, people also unironically say the same thing about the Oilers

WEW

nice try, oilnigs, this was your "year" and ya blew it

It just made it more difficult for teams to acquire star players, so now the star players tend to stay on their original teams for the majority of their careers. So the best teams never lose their star players to the bigger markets.

>pens overcome laundry list of injuries and brink of elimination twice to make the cup finals back to back
>omg y are they so OP

/thread

>this was your "year" and ya blew it
What kind of delusion is this? Oil fans were memeing ">our year", sure, but that was just a joke to make up for the past decade of shit. Everyone else had no confidence in them even getting out of the first rnd. A few jumped on board after they beat the Sharks, but most were still confident they were a meme team.

McDavid and Draisaitl will only get better. Klefbom and Larsson will be solid for the next decade at least. They are aging in a few positions (Sekera, Lucic, Talbot) but the amount of youth that isn't even in their prime yet more than makes up for it.

TLDR
You haven't even seen their final form yet.

I don't have much respect for lottery babbies because it's 100% luck. Pens weren't the only shit team when Crosby was in the draft, they were just the luckiest. Let me give you an example of why it's stupid to praise Pittsburgh for being a great franchise when it's literally just dumb luck they are this good.

They won the lottery and their reward was Crosby. Anaheim, who was also shit, was the runner up that year and they got Bobby Ryan - not terrible but nowhere near Crosby's league. Trade the lottery luck between those two teams and the Ducks BTFO everybody with Crosby and Getzlaf as their 1C/2C while the Pens don't win any Cups. A few lucky ping pong balls are by far the biggest reason Pittsburgh is successful.

if one player could make a dynasty the Caps would be good

You still have to win the fucking cup no matter who you have on your team my dude.

okay?

and the sky is blue because it happened to be blue

what's your point, and why the hate?

hating something for being lucky is like hating wednesday for being in the middle of the week

imagine being this butthurt

talbot is barely 30

"More competent than Washington" isn't exactly a high bar and Ovechkin has never been as good as Crosby. No shit you still have to win the games no matter who is on the roster but you're much more likely to win with Sidney Crosby than Bobby Ryan. It's OK to admit your team only has cap-era Cups because they won the most important draft lottery of this generation.

hockey is way more brutal to its star players than other sports, even with rule changes to protect them

pens are so """lucky""" they got crosby but were they also lucky he got concussed 100 times and spent significant chunks of seasons on the shelf?

pretty fucking dumb to think if he goes to another team they rattle off 3 cup appearances no problem

Pens only have 4 cups. Lakers have like 16

canadiens have like 2000 cups dude

why not mention montreal, who have 24?

besides, basketball a shit

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Anaheim would be just as or more dominant than Pittsburgh if they won the Crosby lottery. They drafted Getzlaf and Perry in 2003 so they still would have had those two to go with Crosby. Obviously you can't predict where they would have drafted and who they would have drafted afterwards in that alternate universe but that would be a pretty elite trio to build around. Those three have won multiple Olympic golds together and the leaf posters constantly assure me that is more impressive than winning a Cup.

the only real question left is..... is Guentzel even human? is he based upon a human archetype but some kind of cyborg? or is he 100% biological but genetically enhanced?

This is completely accurate and the team playing terribly from 2010-2015 despite having two of the greatest players of all time supports this. The management is fucking awful and was going to scratch the leading goal scorer in the post season for the Stanley cup final, just as one example

This isn't basketball. You don't win in hockey with 1-2 stars, you win with depth. 2nd and 3rd lines are where the cups are won.

At least act like you know what your talking about.

good ole corn fed boy from nebraska
jake is what the league needs but not what it deserves

>The management is fucking awful and was going to scratch the leading goal scorer in the post season for the Stanley cup final, just as one example
yeah, i mean what does mike sullivan know?

Which is why they gave the Conn Smythe to bottom six grinders instead of Crosby and Malkin, right?

Yeah having two all time talents is pretty common in the league, good point you inbred Appalachian moron.

>the team playing terribly from 2010-2015
The Pens were the 2nd most wins of any team in the league over that time period, playoffs notwithstanding.

Dan Bylsma almost won two cups with this team, go fuck your cousin cletus

Without the bottom 6 Pittsburgh doesn't have a chance at a cup. Pens have had the Crosby / Malkin duo for about 12 years now. But only made the cup finals 4 times. By your thinking they should have about 10 championships by now.

The Oilers got 6 first round first picks. Why can't they make the Finals?

>Cavs got Lebron in 2003
>Cavs don't win a title until 13 years later

see guys all you need is the best player in the league!

>4 Cup appearances and likely 3 Cup wins in the last 12 years
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the only team (Chicago) who also has 3 Cups in the same time period are also lottery babbies

Yes you do you retard

i didn't want the conn smythe anyway

Better get used to seeing this. Pens are at the start of a historic NHL run. Winning 5 strait, and no one can do shit to stop them....lol

Guentzel and Murray the next generation

i can't imagine getting the call up from the minors like "bring your shit. your locker's next to sid and you're on his line"

I don't even care anymore desu. I couldn't stand him for several years, but Crosby really has established himself as a certified GOAT in recent years. I can't help but respect it at this point.

penguins deleting the hawks from the hearts and minds of everyone would be the finest thing that could happen to hockey

>tfw moved to chicago just in time to see their fans deal with a historic stumble in the first round

Kings didn't win for 54 years

Blackhawk didn't win in 20 or more iirc

Penguins have 2 chips in the past 17 years and only 2 more before that from the 70s I think

The fact that Sid has humbled himself greatly, while all the while becoming a better leader and better player is the very core of what makes this story so heart warming

Long live Lord Sid!

He could be cocky for all I care. He really is one of the best who ever played the game, and it took me a while to actually appreciate how good he really is. I still can't fucking stand him and the Pongs.

other than the CTE is there anything bad about being Sid?

he's won like every big award you could ever hope to have as a player. stanley cup, olympic gold, all that shit

Having the whole league think of you as a punk ass bitch whereas when Gretzky was goat in his time the whole league basically respected him

different era with social media now.

there would be infinitely more michael jordan haters if he played in today's game

maaaan great take, i never even thought about that
imagine all the jordan-pippen memes that would be flying off the fucking stove CONSTANTLY and the constant >reddit posting every time they showed up. god damn. it'd be even worse than this SCF

Kings just had their 50th season retard

the media literally had an unwritten agreement to not report negative or personal news about jordan back in the day

all the reporters knew about his gambling and partying but kept it under wraps to preserve his image. the weird thing is no one was really forcing them to, they basically self-policed themselves

now all that shit would be clickbait fodder

BLAME THE CAPITALS. THEY HAD NO BUSINESS CHOKING THAT SERIES AWAY BUT THEY DID. GOOD TEAMS CHANGE HANDS EVERY YEAR BUT THE PENS AND CAPS ARE CONSISTENT, IT IS LITERALLY THEIR FAULT EVERY TIME THE PENS WIN SOMETHING

I fucking hate flukes. They make a mockery of sports and debunk the idea that hard work, skill, and practice pays off for the elite athlete. Why do any of that, if you can just fluke your way to greatness like Eli Manning? It makes sports totally fucking pointless!

t. leafs fan

>nigger ball