Is it a cliché or do american people really speak 1 language in general?

Is it a cliché or do american people really speak 1 language in general?

Attached: 544545645.jpg (600x319, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OYTnpE2rofY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what use would the majority have for anything but english unless they had family in another country?

They do.
Just like French, German, Spanish and polish scum do only speak there own weird language.

Their*

This is a bait thread, don't reply to this bait thread

Oh look, a veiled "trashing" of America. Tell me OP, is it cliche or does the majority of the world have nothing better to do than worry about what Americans do? We can't help it if your countries are so small that you can't help but cross over borders when you ride your bike so you need to learn other languages. I can drive a car for days and not leave the U.S.

Attached: ind2897465.jpg (277x182, 10K)

As far as I know, Germans speak english very well and French people are ~OK.

The problem is our schooling system. If we'd had options to learn a variety of languages I'd probably know another. Danish, Japanese, Russian or even Latin would've got my interest enough to care. But being forced to learn Spanish because illegals flooded our population didn't give me any incentive.

No need to get upset, John. Breathe.

Attached: HistoricalProof.jpg (478x850, 39K)

The most common thing i would guess is just English, with a really really butchered understanding of a mix between Spanish and English. I’m in New England and i know a bit of Spanish and i don’t think i know one Mexican person. I know a lot of brazilians or people from South American but no mexicans

You’d think being a few hours away from Canada there would be a focus on French but fuck that shit no one wants to speak French.

English is the only language needed. I’m not going anywhere. If someone wants to come here and have an American understand what they are saying they better learn some key phrases

I was walking around Berlin for three hours and nobody spoke English, only the other tourists. There was some Germans that claimed to speak English but they mixed up right and left. That is very bad if you ask for directions.

And here you are on an established "American" website. Excuse me while I go browse the other insanely popular foreign language websites.

Attached: 1395335854732.png (449x401, 490K)

Cool that you want to learn Danish. But if you're American, we don't want you here.

If not Trump had come to the rescue, Americans would have spanish as first language in a couple of years.
As a eurofag I envy you americans. GO TRUMP!

>But if you're American, we don't want you here.
Exactly the reason we don't give a fuck about learning another language. Who wants to meet you disgusting people?

Everybody. Denmark is the new America. Best country in the world on so many levels.

My schools offered languages (Spanish and French) in middle school and in highschool (Spanish, French, German and latin). The problem is we don't feel a need for it because we are isolated in terms of languages. Most Canadians don't speak French and most Spanish people are looked at as lower class (because we racists) so most don't want to learn Spanish, "they should learn our language if they want to be here" is the mentality...not saying it's right but it's how it is

Average americans are fat and stupid, you know it.
Danish people are great on the other hand.

>Everybody

Attached: 1445686207974.gif (300x196, 986K)

>I was walking around Berlin for three hours and nobody spoke English, only the other tourists

do you even know how stupid this argument is?

>Average americans are fat and stupid
>Danish people are great
excellent comparison you stupid bastard

it's not an american website. it's an english speaking website

Yeah I know, no one wants Americans. My lineage is mostly Danish and that was my main reasoning. Solvang, CA is my favorite vacation spot near (enough) to where I live. Closest thing I can get. Enjoy your paradise.

I'm levelling with the average American.

They can't even speak English correctly so saying they speak one language is being a bit gratuitous.

Yeah most of us only know english and still somehow manage to use atrocious grammar.

Just stating facts.
Danish people are cultivated, kind, and open-minded.
I'll give you that Americans are nice in general, but that's all.

Way to nitpick the wrong part of the argument. Learn what the other uses of quotation marks are.

They spoke English, just not to you.

Don't bite OP's bait

Oh shit. I read about you fanatics.
All Americans I've met in Denmark are like this:
1) loud
2) proud Americans (u-s-a u-s-a!!)
3) no manners
4) no respect for culture

I was walking around New York for three hours and i saw no one fucking. my conclusion is americans don't have sex

>There was some Germans that claimed to speak English but they mixed up right and left
I don't believe you. I think you are lying.

This thread is turning out to be so funny, thanks for the laughs xD

Most people speak 2 languages in America. Place has been completely taken over by bilingual mexicans.

Actually I think they do but I don't know, haven't been in New York before.

A huge amount of people in America grow up only hearing and speaking English. We are not accustomed to being around anything else.

I've never understood why anyone ever claimed french was the language of love, it's fucking horrendous sounding, and the only history the french have is brutal massacre revolution so it can't be that

Danes are the niggers of scandinavia.

French is gay af. I will never visit that place. Can't stand the language

You forgot the part where you're too poor to go there.

Has anyone learned European Portuguese as a non-native language? Shit's hard as fuck.

>Moved to Portugal over 8 months ago
>Still can only speak basic phrases
>Feel awkward af around Portuguese friends

I'll bite,

If you spend all of your time communicating and thinking in one language, you get much better at speaking that language, and you also are better able to communicate with the other people who have also mastered that one language.

Plus, it is easier for stupid bi-lingual people to pretend to be smart.

Yeah, why would we need anything else? We aren't obsessed with everybody else in the world like everybody else in the world is obsessed with us.

>French people are ~OK.
"yes I speak English very well, but I refuse to, because I'm a snobby cunt"

German scum speak english quite well.
Spanish - well, they speak slightly.
French - even if they know english - they don't speak it.
Polish - idk, they are slavs, I am slav, so I they understood me somehow.

No they speak also spanish, because of Mexican.

There are patterns that present themselves across languages, by broadening one, you might gain insight into another.

Fuck off, I'm Polish and speak german an english

How did you learn that ?

Prove it.

I'm white and I speak Korean, Spanish, French and of course English. OP face it, you're just a faggot.

But are u american?

youtu.be/OYTnpE2rofY

I can talk to everyone I'd ever care about to with 1 language. I do plan on learning more languages for when I travel the world, but for now, I'm enjoying living in the best country in the world, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yes. Born and raised.

Why would an american need to learn another language? Unless we plan only exclusively traveling to one country, learning a foreign language is only a novelty.

Attached: France.jpg (988x669, 108K)

try again

Attached: 1344244334042.png (502x502, 508K)

Translate this in common spanish and french:
"He could not stand a steady gaze from her eyes, though they were just his own"
I'll know if you used Google translate.
You have 3 minutes.

>Americans
>Poor
Call us fat and stupid all you want, but one thing we definitely aren't is poor

Well, since America is a group on continental bodies, I'd say they don't speak one general language.
Maybe per country, but America isn't a country.
Learn your geography.

does it say .us?

German by myself, English from games and moveis. Currently I am stufying in English

I'm writing to you in English, satisfy yourself with it