I just watched this, what did I think?

I just watched this, what did I think?

Wtf i hate America now!

Wtf i hate globalization now!

Wtf i hate computers and stock markets now!

Honestly I thought it was shit, it didn't make any actual point

>leftist
>against technocratic globalization

pull the other one m8

>what is anarchism?

Yes it did. The point was that the middle east situation is incredibly complex yet it's only sold to us in a basic good vs evil narrative that can easily be manipulated because it isn't based on facts. And that this can be applied to almost everything in our society. How did you not get that?

You pulled that out of your ass, they never said that

The whole Gaddafi thing was to illustrate that point, as was the Vladislav Surkov stuff.
Did you watch it at all?

>The term "hypernormalisation" is taken from Alexei Yurchak's 2006 book Everything was Forever, Until it was No More: The Last Soviet Generation, about the paradoxes of life in the Soviet Union during the 20 years before it collapsed.[3] A professor of anthropology at the University of California, Berkeley,[4] he argues that everyone knew the system was failing, but as no one could imagine any alternative to the status quo, politicians and citizens were resigned to maintaining a pretence of a functioning society.[5] Over time, this delusion became a self-fulfilling prophecy and the "fakeness" was accepted by everyone as real, an effect which Yurchak termed "hypernormalisation".

> Sup Forums is redpilled
> Sup Forums understands Hyper Normalisation
pick one

Of course not, the point of the Gaddafi section was to point out that the West went from painting him as evil to painting him and good to painting him as evil, to argue that because the government lies so much the electorate in western nations no longer knows whats true

that had fuck all to do with the concept of hypernormalization, in fact I don't actually see why the fuck the documentary was called hypernormalization

in either case the hypersimplification of middle eastern politics was a minor point in the two hour series, my point is that if you take the documentary as a whole it makes no actual points, there's no central thesis to the entire thing

bluepill propaganda for normies

I agree. I enjoyed it but really, it was just a mish mash of postmodern social theory from the last 60 years.

It had no one defining point and it certainly wasn't normative/prescriptive in any sense. It mainly just attempted to describe/explain the current situation (in line with postmodernism in general) regarding power relations and offered a nice overview of some of the events which led to it.

Painting him as evil and then painting him as good is manipulation. Good and evil are parts of a narrative. Lying is manipulation.
How do you not connect what you just said to my original point? That is the concept of hypernormalization.
There were history lessons and tangents, but overall everything was linked back to that central theme.

>the government lies so much the electorate in western nations no longer knows whats true

Yeah MAYBE if you are a fucking retard. You just need to take a glance at not-leftist media and you'll find out easily what is most the truth. Always check news from multiple sources and practice critical thinking.

I don't connect it to your point because there's no connection, how the fuck does "hypernormalization" AKA pretending shit is fine when shit is not fine, relate to lying about whether or not Gaddafi was a good guy, there was no link

And then there's shit that made fuck all sense within the film. What the fuck was the point of playing pre-911 movies and comparing it to 911 footage?

And then that bizarre fucking argument that government now focuses on avoiding disasters or avoiding the unforeseen based on a clip of Steven Colbert and a predictive computer model for stock trades? That's a huge fucking leap based on fuck all

It was okay, but I felt it got a bit smug at itself.
Things are just as they always are, you have plebs who believe anything, people like the government wanting to manipulate stuff, and everything is really complicated.
I did wonder though, was assad senior really that naive to think that slimy kike filth kissinger would really uphold his "promises" to help make peace in the middle east? He basically had a sign on himself saying "untrustworthy scum".
Also they were wrong on suicide solider concept, thats been around since forever. The word assassin comes from it I think.

It made interesting points but it really just criticized the whole system without saying any other solutions. And if he felt there were no solutions, then what is the point in even shitting on how we live? Its like that saying, democracy is shit, but the alternatives are even worse.

That's not exactly what hypernormalization means.
But anyway, maybe you don't remember what that shit with Gaddafi was like. Everyone knew it was bullshit.

>What the fuck was the point of playing pre-911 movies and comparing it to 911 footage?

normalisation of violence in western media potentially offering inspiration to the east, fitting in with the idea of a false reality

concerning risk aversion/avoidance, perhaps a nod towards the managerialism trend - as the central themes are power and control

did anyone else wonder what it was that happend to babby gaddafi at the army base in the UK? It sounded like he had more than racism, made it sound like he had got raped or something.

2 1/2 hours of speculation presented as fact

>'What x understood..."

>"What x knew..."

>"What x realised..."

Yeah, the assad invented suicide bombing was a bit wrong, but it still was the first blend of guerilla warfare and kamakazi fighters used in a modern context.

>what is the point in even shitting on how we live? Its like that saying, democracy is shit, but the alternatives are even worse.

it was a doc, not a manifesto. And if you don't understand the problems with democracy then you leave democracy vulnerable.

Presented as fact maybe, but just as he implores you not to believe everything the government says, don't believe everything he says either. Make your own decisions.

In 2016, Sup Forums thought they could understand an Adam Curtis documentary.

But this was a fantasy...

>2 deep 4 u

fuck off with this

>Adam Curtis does a documentary on Sup Forums
This is a story about a website
>"Something I Can Never Have" starts playing
>plane scene from TDKR playing in slow-mo
A website which bridged the gap between order and chaos
>panning shot of AlyDoLL's basement
It was founded by man obsessed with Chinese cartoons
>close-up B&W pic of Moot
He was convinced that it was his aim to create a new world
>pic of Moot as the "little girl"
But this was a fantasy, and instead he unleashed a force he could not control
>montage of Jessi Slaughter, Fappening pics, rare Pepes
Instead something strange happened and evil triumphed over good
>Theme from "Moon" starts playing
>5min clip of various threads full of shitposting
But the story really begins five years ago...

Spell it out for us then, smarty pants.